Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
I don't have a brain, just a stupid second stomach Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fought the cravin' for 2 whole days
  Only ended up buyin' more. XC
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:56 pm
I've always had this issue, and in the past it has worked out just fine, but now that money is dangerously tight, I'm startin' to realize that this is quite a problem.

I have no brain. None at all. I cannot think for myself. Instead, I just have a second stomach in my head that forces me to buy food I can neither afford nor really need.

Even when I know I shouldn't get food, even when I'm not really hungry, even when I no longer have enough money for rent, my second stomach just decides "Man, I could really go for $70 worth of sushi" and before I know it, I've already submitted my order.

I know how stupid this sounds, but I really feel like I have no control whatsoever when it comes to food, especially when I'm cravin' somethin', and it's pissin' me off.

Anyone else have this issue, or am I just abnormally obsessed with food?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:13 pm
Since I finished school my choices are either find work and support myself or move back with my parents so I can find work but not have additional food cost.

I have a savings I shouldn't use unless I absolutely have to. So not counting that I have less then 300 dollars to my name.

Yesterday I decided to get 50 dollars worth of ice cream and cake.

But in brighter news I might be able to get this job as a sales rep in an art gallery. We're playing phone tag right now by leaving messages.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm
cool4
Since I finished school my choices are either find work and support myself or move back with my parents so I can find work but not have additional food cost.

I have a savings I shouldn't use unless I absolutely have to. So not counting that I have less then 300 dollars to my name.

But in brighter news I might be able to get this job as a sales rep in an art gallery. We're playing phone tag right now by leaving messages.

Cake and ice cream is always worth it!

And I hope you get the job! Can you go into the place perhaps?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:27 pm
Semok
cool4

I could probably. Though it's in the empress which is the big and fancy hotel, so I think it would be better to get them by phone call. Also if they don't get back to me I'll call them tomorrow. cause I would guess they might close early.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:30 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4

I could probably. Though it's in the empress which is the big and fancy hotel, so I think it would be better to get them by phone call. Also if they don't get back to me I'll call them tomorrow. cause I would guess they might close early.

Ah, sounds like a plan. However, if there's still some phone tag goin' on, sometimes comin' in person shows that you're serious about wantin' the job, but you gotta be sure to look all fancy and stuff if it's a fancy hotel. I don't know, that's what people tell me. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:33 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

Ah, sounds like a plan. However, if there's still some phone tag goin' on, sometimes comin' in person shows that you're serious about wantin' the job, but you gotta be sure to look all fancy and stuff if it's a fancy hotel. I don't know, that's what people tell me. xd

Which is why waiting till tomorrow if I do still have phone tag is probably a better idea. Easier to dress up once all my laundry is done.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:35 pm
to feed your second brain how is your job hunt going? Resorted to taking off your degrees to seem more qualified for things?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:43 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

Which is why waiting till tomorrow if I do still have phone tag is probably a better idea. Easier to dress up once all my laundry is done.

Good thinkin'. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:46 pm
I got a hold of them.

They're doing a pre-screening tomorrow that's super quick. I'm not sure what that involves. They said to bring a resume. I assume it's like a mini interview.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:47 pm
cool4
to feed your second brain how is your job hunt going? Resorted to taking off your degrees to seem more qualified for things?

I'm gonna be a substitute teacher starting next school year, but I'm hopin' to find somethin' else since it isn't a very stable job and I'll have no idea how much money I'll be makin' from it.

Luckily, by just havin' a master's, I get paid more to be a sub. I'm also nearly done all of the optional course work which also gets you a higher pay. Passed the required course with flyin' colours. 3nodding

Unfortunately, bein' a sub wouldn't start until next school year, and I don't have enough money to make it until then right now, so I'll be doin' lots of various house, yard, and computer work back in my parents' community for the next week.

I've also been put in charge of a Feed the Future proposal (as well as collaborating on a Securing Water proposal) for a friend's business, which is always stressful (since I'm way under qualified) but it pays a little. It's also a bit annoyin' since I've been doin' most of the research and budget proposals and such, but I don't get any recognition on any of the projects because I'm so underqualified and would make the company look bad.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 pm
cool4
I got a hold of them.

They're doing a pre-screening tomorrow that's super quick. I'm not sure what that involves. They said to bring a resume. I assume it's like a mini interview.

Sweet! Good thing you were able to get hold of 'em. I hope it all goes well!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:51 pm
Semok
cool4

I'm gonna be a substitute teacher starting next school year, but I'm hopin' to find somethin' else since it isn't a very stable job and I'll have no idea how much money I'll be makin' from it.

Luckily, by just havin' a master's, I get paid more to be a sub. I'm also nearly done all of the optional course work which also gets you a higher pay. Passed the required course with flyin' colours. 3nodding

Unfortunately, bein' a sub wouldn't start until next school year, and I don't have enough money to make it until then right now, so I'll be doin' lots of various house, yard, and computer work back in my parents' community for the next week.

I've also been put in charge of a Feed the Future proposal (as well as collaborating on a Securing Water proposal) for a friend's business, which is always stressful (since I'm way under qualified) but it pays a little. It's also a bit annoyin' since I've been doin' most of the research and budget proposals and such, but I don't get any recognition on any of the projects because I'm so underqualified and would make the company look bad.

you should come to Canada to teach. All the teachers are on strike, so you could be one of those subs for the children, while the real teachers are protesting.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:53 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4

you should come to Canada to teach. All the teachers are on strike, so you could be one of those subs for the children, while the real teachers are protesting.

If I could be guaranteed a job, I'd move in an instance (once my lease is up). I have no specific place I need to live, I just need to be able to afford to move and get a place.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:58 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

If I could be guaranteed a job, I'd move in an instance (once my lease is up). I have no specific place I need to live, I just need to be able to afford to move and get a place.

If you go for a Doctorate my University is in need of tons of profs. All of them are retiring.

I really hope I could just go down their for the pre-screen thing then be offered a job. It would make a lot of things easier.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

If you go for a Doctorate my University is in need of tons of profs. All of them are retiring.

I really hope I could just go down their for the pre-screen thing then be offered a job. It would make a lot of things easier.

That was my original plan, but man is it expensive to go for a doctorate, and usually you can't get a part time job at the university for the first year, so I'd have to take out a lot of loans just to move and live there for the first year, not to mention to pay for the school itself. I was accepted into my dream college a few years back, but had to pass on it because it was just too expensive.

And yeah, I wish things were that easy as well, but since so many people want jobs now, they gotta make it so difficult and judge you in ways that really don't matter. xp  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff