Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:35 pm
User Image

Queen Elsa stood atop a large platform made of ice and snow. It was a natural formation in the middle of their home island, which made it the perfect place to summon pride members and make speeches, when the need presented itself. The last time someone had made an address here, it had been to announce Elsa as Queen, following the passing of her family, and her coming of age.

It had been a solemn, complicated time, but this, she hoped, would be the mark of a new age for them. This was meant to be fun, to embrace the summer as a time of bounty and to bring life and levity back to the pride.

Clearing her throat, the Queen looked out over the gathered assembly, hoping as many of the denizens of her small home as could make it had managed to drop by.

"Welcome, everyone! I am glad to see so many of you here, and wish you well in the coming summer! With the seasons changing, and the snows shifting, we will see our frozen home become warmer and more hospitable in the days to come. I hope you all take the opportunities to go out into the rogue lands, into other prides, meet others and share our home with those that might wish to live here. And for you to grow and learn as well, and enjoy the sun and the green and yellow lands beyond these frozen hills for what they are. I am hoping that this will mark the start of a beautiful season for us, of prosperity and happiness. So! To mark the beginning of our fishing season, I am announcing a contest!"
User Image

She smiled, looking around. In the crowd, a large male lion was watching her, though his appearance was masked by magic, and he seemed as run of the mill as any of the others assembled there. He was always keeping an eye on her, even when Ezen, her true body guard, was elsewhere. But he supposed it was much easier for a God, as he was. He wanted to keep an eye on her progress here with these mortals, for his mother's sake and to ensure her safety. He did not trust some of these creatures, as mortals made up silly reasons to not like one another. Here, it seemed the color of one's pelt dictated a lot.

Elsa, unaware of him as she had never met her half brother, continued her speech with bright, glistening eyes and an excited shake to her tone.

"As you may know, fish in the summer and warmer months help keep our pride vital and strong through the year, including when we dry and store the fish for the harder winter months. How many we can gather and share with one another, and enjoy while we can, is always dependent on our wonderful fishermen! So, I would like to lay down a challenge to any willing to take up the task. With so many types of fish out there, an so many different areas to fish in, I want to see what you all can bring back here. The prettiest, the largest, the most delicious: I will be judging for all types. By competing, you will earn a lot of respect as fishermen, or as hobbyists, and of course you will be supporting the pride in the process. And of course the prizes! I have my artisans working on the finest of furs for the winter, and those who bring back the best fish will win some of these new pelts to wear for the cold seasons!"

Elsa smiled brightly, knowing it did not sound like much, but she hoped the fun of a contest and the thrill of a challenge would at least excite the pride after so long a period of silence and trouble.

User Image

This contest is open to any member of the pride, of any rank! Simply write a RP or a Solo and roll five 20 sided dice at the start of the post! The roll will dictate what sort of fish you catch! Add up the points at the end to determine your score! You may RP however many times you like to catch the best fish to bring back, though you can only pick one RP to post!

(For example, if you RP once and roll five 1's, you can use another RP where you roll better if you want to! Or you can just do one and go with that one: some prizes are not just point based, so just have fun with the RPs and do what's best for you!)

Each type of fish is worth a certain amount of points: whoever has the most points will win!

Fish Points:
What each number you roll will get you
20 - What a large/beautiful fish! This will surely get you a lot of praise! 5 points.
19 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
18 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
17 - This is a curious fish! The strangeness alone has to be worth something! 7 points.
16 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
15 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
14 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
13 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
12 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
11 - Never has a fish had such a strange color! 4 points.
10 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
9 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
8 - This is perhaps the most astounding fish ever captured. 10 points.
7 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
6 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
5 - What a large/beautiful fish! This will surely get you a lot of praise! 5 points.
4 - What a large/beautiful fish! This will surely get you a lot of praise! 5 points.
3 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
2 - An average size and color fish. 2 points.
1 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.

Feel free to post your fish points here! The winners will get edits done by Cajanic for some nice, fashionable new winter pelts!

This event is just to get to know one another and do some RP! You may post here if you're looking for RP partners, or go out there and do some solos! Any length solos count for this event, but if you want it to be eligible for a breeding later, remember the word count rules!

Have fun! If anyone has any questions please poke me with them!

Open: Now!
Close: 6/23

Lithiasaur rolled 5 20-sided dice: 18, 14, 10, 3, 12 Total: 57 (5-100)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:50 pm
This is an Example.

Elsa wanted to fish, so she went out to where all the fish were, and got to fishin'. Pretend a lot of other stuff happened and this is a RP that is awesome and good.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:52 pm
So looking at the rolls and the breakdown above, Elsa did not have a good day fishing:

18 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
14 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
10 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.
3 - An average size and color fish. 3 points.
12 - A small or dull fish. How disappointing. 1 point.

Which adds up to a total of 9 Fishing Points. It was a nice effort, Elsa!

You can fill out the rest of the RP or solo however you would like: it just needs to be completed (or almost complete, I'm willing to be flexible with it!) to qualify. Then just post the RP link here for me to see!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm
Ezen got 10
Tikahn got 20

I'll fill it in later tonight. Way to be, boys XD Way to be. I knew they'd both be awful at it.
-pats them-

EDIT: Woo, Tikahn redeemed himself! Too bad no one was around XD  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:36 pm
Letobe got 19.
Jabulani got 9.
Filling them in now (well, tonight ;3)!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:58 pm
Sven got 16
Kiti got 15

(I'm not entering the contest, I just wanted to fish. >> also: elsa sucks at fishing )  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas