Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
[QUEST PRP ] Scavenging Team (Melvin/Evan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:11 pm
Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ Quest 1: Scavenging Team: ] You are given an Basic Fear detector and asked to search around the outskirts of the strange monumental ruins and pick up anything with Fear detected around it. This usually comes in the forms of strange rocks and burnt pieces of jewelry and shattered weapons.
- When scavenging around the massive crater, make sure to not travel too far to the edge; if you fall, you fall forever
- Create a PRP thread and title it [QUEST PRP ] Scavenging Team (PLAYER NAMES HERE).
- Next, write your introduction posts to your team having gathered their wits and gotten ready to do the process. When you are ready, have your team start searching by rolling 1d6. There are lots of unusual shaped fossils to encounter, mostly blackened masses with mutated skulls, but none of them radiate Fear. If you roll a 5 you find something that is heavily invested with Fear, and you have to use the given bag to gather it up and bring it back. When a 5 has been rolled 3 times your lime limit is up and you can head back. The quest is considered COMPLETED. Mark the title of the thread as so.
- Remember that the quests below are just MECHANICS. It is up to you to breathe life to them, to interact with other players and make things meaningful!

Seeing as he made a mess with Otto, he really didn't want to go back and tell anyone what had happened. It was probably best to find someone who didn't know him all that well and get the rest of these missions done. The sooner they were done, the sooner they could be called back home.

Finding artifacts was more up his alley as it was specifically what he was studying, and he had to wonder what was fear-infused in a place like this. His only hope was that it didn't burn or damage a Fear Shield or leave him with any harmful side effects due to exposure.

His best best for going off on a mission was to go with a Sun. As a Lifer, he could only heal and protect and wasn't that great with offensive. Well, he had been pretty good in the last battle, but he wasn't confident and felt safer with a sun. He managed to find one who was ready to scout for artifacts.

"Thank you for helping me out. I don't feel safe doing this on my own." Not after seeing the bloody battlefield before.

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Evan wasn't too proud to admit when he was tired, though he would never admit it. That was why, when he got back to camp after killing an Insanity monster with Chel and was told that his next assignment was less physical, he didn't put up too much of a fight. He wasn't up to date on what exactly all of the runic tech they'd brought with them did, but he could probably figure it out if he had someone to tell him which buttons to press when.

"Not a problem," Evan said. "That's what I'm here for. Just tell me what I need to do."

MoonKitsune

Inle-roo

MoonKitsune rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:43 pm
He beamed, glad to have someone a little more enthused to be around him. Then again, the man had yet to really know Melvin and learn to become annoyed by him. It was the perfect opportunity to maybe make a good impression!

"Easy. All we need to do is spot any objects that contain a large density of Fear. We collect them and bring them back to the tents so that they can be analyzed later." Probably by his division. That or maybe possibly disposed of. he wasn't clear on the purpose of collecting these items just yet. It wasn't given in the mission information. It rarely ever was.

Melvin moved closer, showing the detector to him. "It's just like looking for coins in the sand at a beach. Just...less relaxing. The meter will beep when it comes to a large density of Fear. The closer you get, the more it beeps. Just turn it on and leave the buttons as is. It should already be set to what we need." He turned his to the side and turned it on, then started to walk. There was no noise as of yet, and he walked alongside the crater, being mindful of the drop.

"My name is Melvin Wood, by the way. Life. I don't think we've met before, have we?"

Inle-roo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:53 pm
"Sounds easy enough," Evan said, watching attentively as his partner turned on a Fear scanner and showed him how to use it. There didn't seem to be a whole lot to it, fortunately. He took one and turned it on, pleased when the display on his lit up identically to the other one. He definitely wasn't sure what they were supposed to be looking for, so everything that went right would just make it easier in the long run.

"Don't think so. Always nice to meet more people though. I'm Evan Roberts. Sun." He walked slowly around the crater, waiting for the scanner to do its job. "Hey," he said, suddenly struck by a thought, "is this stuff even safe to handle? We're not supposed to be wearing protective gear or anything, right?"

MoonKitsune

Inle-roo

MoonKitsune rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:55 pm
Inle-roo

"Pleasure." He said when he was given an introduction. "Sad we had to meet during a mission like this. Always a fun time going to the Sahara." He said with clear sarcasm.

As he watched his own meter, he smiled at the idea of being given anything protective that wasn't for fighting. "I doubt they have those supplies or would even care to give it to us. With this many hunters going in, they basically see us as disposable manual labor half the time. It's just 'Get this done, and I don't want to hear any lip!'" He said, imitating some stereotypical drill Sargent voice.

"Usually our own shields protect us from most things we handle anyways, and considering that this is horsemen territory, they worry more about those than what we might pick up from some artifact in the sand. I think they have more things to worry about just keeping us overall safe and sound. If getting these would really hurt us, I don't think they would send this many of us into the desert without being in large groups. At least...I hope so." He was never sure how much their uppers cared about their welfare.

Inle-roo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:29 am
"Could've been worse," Evan replied. "We could be in," he trailed off, pretending to think about it. "Nope, never mind. Giant bugs, multiple deaths, and getting firebombed makes this pretty much the least ideal vacation spot ever." Ever.

The readings on his machine went a little weird for a minute, causing him to frown in confusion at it, but they quickly leveled out. "That sounds about right," Evan said, grinning at Mevin's impression. "Actual grunt work. I'd take field exercises over a scavenger hunt any day, though. Figured with all of us here, we'd be mobilizing to try and overrun the horsemen, or something, not digging around in the dirt."

MoonKitsune

Inle-roo

MoonKitsune rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:58 pm
Inle-roo

"I'd rather not be here at all. It's always bugs here. Always ...more destroyed camps. I know they are trying to get a foot here, but it just really gets to me to see all those broken camps time and time again. I know this is probably the one place they really want to get a stronghold on, but it's really depressing at the numbers. I mean - I've seen the battlefield and it looks horrible."

Just all those bodies and tablets.

He checked his meter again and sighed. "I wonder what could help tip the scales. I wish we could invent super Raid to kill all these bugs. Just bug bomb this entire place."

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games