Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Sisters Together (Kaelin & Ciyana) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:35 pm
Kaelin couldn't help but smile as her sister agreed with her statement. Honestly though she didn't mind keeping track of the small details like this for Ciyana, it was the least she could do for her sister. With a slight laugh Kaelin headed to the bushes as well. She wished they could spend the whole day picking berries to bring a true bounty home to their family, but she knew that wasn't realistic. They would just have to make the trip every day or so to maximize on the berries.

"You're right. I don't want to be gone too long or she will start to worry." And the last thing Kaelin wanted to do was make her mother worry. Like Kaelin, their mother had a tendency to worry over anything and everything, plus the fear from her Kalona blood and it was best to remove all reason for their mother to worry. Setting her leaf down Kaelin began to work the lower branches, carefully knocking the berries off and onto the leaf. She did also sneak a few to eat as well, because it was almost impossible to pick berries without eating some - after all, they needed to know if they tasted good and were worth the effort to collect. The sweet taste of berry filled her mouth and she sighed. "Oh my, they are exceptionally good. I think we will be here every day picking some."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 am
Ciyana was not nearly so careful with her picking as her sister was and half the berries the knocked off the branches scattered about on the ground rather then the leaf - Ciyana figured these errant berries were fair game as far as eating went and before long berry juice stained her hide thanks to her exuberant picking methods. There were so many berries however that even with her eating a good many of them it wasn't long before a nice sized pile had started to form on the leaf to take home. "I wish berries were here all year long." She told her sister with a slight sigh. "Then we really could pick them everyday."

It was a nice thought but then perhaps they wouldn't be so special, if they could eat them everyday the way they could grass well maybe they would get bored of them - maybe they were so good precisely because they were also limited and thus precious. Such thoughts were getting a bit to deep for Ciyana to ponder at the moment and snorting slightly she whacked another branch, watching with delight as the action caused berried to rain down.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:16 am
Seeing Ciyana do such a sloppy job of collecting berries made Kaelin a bit frustrated. Why couldn't her sister be more efficient with this? Didn't she realize that she was eating more berries than she was collecting? But she just couldn't bring herself to say that, to point out the flaws in her sisters ways. Instead Kaelin focused on the task and did her best not to drop a single berry. After all, they were trying to bring enough home so that mom, dad and Ar could have some.

"That would be nice." Kaelin said after some thought. "But I think we would get tired of them if we could pick and eat them all the time. We love them so much because we only get them for a short time and then we have to wait another year before we get them again." While those months without berries were very long, Kaelin knew that they were well worth the wait. Because there was nothing better than the taste of those first summer time berries, tasting the sweet and sometimes tart juice from them. Seeing her sisters picking habits in action Kaelin couldn't help but sigh, shake her head and return to her own careful, if a bit slow, picking ways.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 am
Ciyana sighed slightly, pausing in her pursuit of the berries to consider what her sister said for a few moments she supposed that there was some truth to her words, it was true that things which were rare or only available for a short time were more valued then say...grass, which they could find everyday.

"I suppose your right." She agreed with her sister "But I think I would still love them just as much if we could have them twice a year instead of just once." She stated seriously before turning her attention back to the task at hand. Even with her overly exuberant methods a good amount of berries had been collected on her leaf she she didn't think it would be too much longer before the leaf would be filled, even these big broad leaves had their limits after all and if you filled them too full then you just ended up with most of them falling out on the way home. "I think my leaf is almost full." She told her sister, glancing over to see how much Ciyana had gathered.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 am
Kaelin considered that. It would be nice to have berries twice a year instead of once. They would still be a special treat because they would not be available year round, but at least they wouldn't have to gorge themselves on them to try to get all those berries eaten before they were gone. "Maybe somewhere in all these lands there is a place that has berries a different time than they grow here." She said with a shrug. But finding that out would mean traveling great distances, and Kaelin wasn't sure she wanted to do that just to see if there were berries somewhere else at some other time of the year.

Hearing that her sisters leaf was almost full Kaelin looked over in shock. How was it that her sister, who messily picked them had her leaf full already? Glancing down at her own leaf Kaelin saw that it was satisfactorily full. "Mines full enough." She didn't want to outright admit that Ciyana had out picked her with those sloppy technique. "Guess we should head back. It will be slow going since we don't want to spill too many berries on the way." They would lose a few, that was a guarantee, but a few were fine, just so long as they didn't lose too many. Lowering her head Kaelin began to gather the ends of her leaf up, careful not to let too many roll out as she picked it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:17 am
Ciyana considered her sisters words for a few moments, the thought of berries being available more often somewhere else hadn't entered her mind - it made sense she supposed, she had heard that the weather and the seasons were quite different in other parts of the world and why shouldn't there be a place where they could get berries later or earlier in the year? Of course finding that place might be difficult and it could be fairly far away - but...maybe, someday she could think about pursing such a trip. "I hadn't thought of that before." She admit to her sister. "Maybe I'll go looking someday." She speculated out loud..but not to seriously, it would be a while before she could really consider leaving the area, not with her mother and sister to look after anyways.

Following her sisters example Ciyana carefully gathered up the corners of her leaf making a nifty little pouch to hold her berries in before turning and heading - far more carefully - back up the trail towards the place their mother called home.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:59 am
The idea of her sister venturing out into the big world in search of a possible berry patch that had berries some other time of the year was almost frightening. Kaelin couldn't even imagine what she would do without Ciyana around each day. And she also couldn't imagine following her sister on this grand berry finding adventure. The world was a big scary place and she preferred to stay in the are where they lived now. This are was safe - at least as safe as it could get - and Kaelin was very happy to be here. Sure she occasionally longed to see other parts of the lands, but then her resolve would falter as soon as she considered the dangers that could lurk out there.

What would mother think if Ciyana left? Why it would probably break her poor heart. Kaelin gave her head a slight shake, but not hard enough to spill any berries. She didn't even want to think about it. "Or..." she said, her voice muffled by the berry laden leaf that she carried. "..you could just stay here, and be happy with the berries we have." I need you, is what she was trying to get at, I need you, please don't leave me...ever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:33 am
Hearing either a trace of worry or sadness in her sisters voice, it was hard to tell exactly what with her voice all muffled from the berry leaf, Ciyana turned to give her sister a warm look and bump her shoulder in reassurance. "That's probably a better idea." She agreed "I would miss you and mother too much to leave." She went on hoping to further reassure her sibling. Leaving at any time in the near future was likely something that wasn't going to happen - her sister and mother were just to vulnerable for such things and she really would miss them.

Besides it was't as though living here was all that terrible, they had a pretty nice territory and if it was a little bit boring at times..well that was a far sight better then being exciting and dangerous in the long run right? Still Ciyana found herself worrying at times..if she never left would she ever find someone to love and share a life with outside of her family? She wanted foals someday but here in this isolated paradise..well...that might be hard to bring about.

In any case these thoughts were a bit too deep for what was supposed to be a happy day out with her sister and she shoved them aside, thinking instead about how happy her mother would be when they returned with the berries.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:42 am
Ciyana's words helped to relax and reassure Kaelin. She loved her sister so much, and while in a way she understood Ciyana's desire to go and explore, she really needed her here. Their mother needed her as well. Perhaps one day they would be strong and confident enough to make it without Ciyana, but right now she was a critical part of their family. Without her, Kaelin would be lost for sure. And even the idea of tagging along with her sister on some grand, or even minor, adventure, practically caused Kaelin to have a nervous breakdown.

Flashing her sister an awkward smile around the leaf she was carrying, Kaelin hoped her sister knew how much she meant to her. Well, she could tell her sister that later, when her mouth wasn't occupied and she figured out the exact words to say - but she was certain Ciyana already knew it. It would just be nice to remind her sister. But first they would have to return home. Speaking of which, Kaelin could see their home just ahead. Even with the berries, Kaelin increased her speed a bit more. She loved going out a bit with her sister, but returning home was the real joy. "Mother!" She called out in a muffled voice. "We have berries!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:49 am
Glad that her words seemed to have soothed her sister somewhat - although Ciyana could still see the faint lines of worry around her eyes the mare shook her head slightly as she watched her sibling move ahead and call out to their mother. Someday she would find a way to remove those worry lines from her mother and sibling but until then she supposed she would just have to do her best to look after them.

Following her sister and eager to set the berries down Ciyana knew that she cold look forward to a happy afternoon with them both and really..why would she want more then that?

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out