[PRP] Sisters Together (Kaelin & Ciyana) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:36 am
User Image

Kaelin stretched her muscles as she moved through the trees. The day had only just begun, the suns orange glow filtering through the leaves above and the trunks around her. The birds had started their chorus of daily songs a bit before the sun had peeked over the horizon. It was a pretty good way to wake up. She wondered if her sister was awake yet. If she was perhaps they could go visit mother, or do something else today. Kaelin liked being close to her sister and to the rest of her family, it made life so much easier when you had those you cared for and trusted nearby whenever you needed them and whenever they needed you. She stifled a yawn and then paused to listen to the sounds around her.

She had picked up her mothers cautious behavior. She always stopped at the edge of the forest to look out for danger before stepping into a meadow. When walking through the forest she would stop now and then to make sure nothing bad was coming up behind her or ahead of her. Such was the way of her life and she couldn't imagine just walking around without paying attention to what was around her. "Ciyana." She called out as she got closer to the spot her sister called home. It was only a short walk from her own little clearing but even in that short distance danger could lurk in the shadows or worse come from above. She cast a quick look to the tree tops above before turning her attention back to where her sister should be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:48 am
User Image
Ciyana caught sight of her sister as she paused upon the edge of the clearing, she almost ... almost ... gave in to the urge to sneak up behind her and scare her like she had often done as a foal. However those games which had seemed so fun to her foalhood mind, seemed a bit more on the cruel side now that they were grown. Kaelin couldn't help it if she was a bit on the cautious side like their mother.

"Over here Kaelin." Ciyana called out, stepping more fully into view from where she had been returning from the spring nearby. "I wasn't expecting you so early or I would have come to meet you half way." She told her sister with a warm look. They often spent the day together and though Ciyana didn't have anything special in mind for today just spending time with family was worth while enough. Perhaps her sister would have an idea or two. "What did you want to do today?"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 am
She couldn't help but smile when she saw her sister. "It was too nice of a morning to not come so early. And I didn't mind coming here, it's not that far of a walk." It was true, it only took a few quick moments to come from her sleeping area to Ciyana, but it was nice to know her sister was willing to meet her halfway for even such a small walk. Really she was lucky to have such an amazing sister. Her whole family was great but Kaelin had that special bond with Ciyana and so she tended to gravitate more to her sister than anyone else.

"I hadn't thought of anything in particular to do yet. I wouldn't mind visiting mother at some point." One thing she did want to do was go visit father, but he wasn't around at the moment, having gone off to visit his own family so that would have to wait. She also wasn't sure what their brother was up to, but there was a very good chance that he went with father, he was outnumbered by females in this family so he tended to spend a good amount of time with father. Kaelin couldn't blame him for that. "Do you think those berries we saw the other week will be ripe yet? If they are we could pick some and bring them to mother, I bet she would like that." They hadn't quick been ready to eat when they had found them but she knew if they waited too long they would be overripe or another Soquili might come along and eat them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 am
"It is a nice morning..though I expect the afternoon might get a bit hot." Ciyana agreed with a glance towards the sky, not a cloud in sight so far, blue skies and fair weather for the day was a welcome sight. There had been a goodly bit of storms lately - rather common with this time of year - and that always left them a touch stir crazy. There just wasn't that many things to do when the weather was so ill tempered.

"They might be, more then likely I would think given all the rain they've gotten lately." She stated her mouth already watering at the thought of sweet delicious berries. "Mother would love them I'm sure, perhaps she will even have some of that honeysuckle left over to have with them." That would be absolutely delightful really, a sweet treat for a nice day. "Besides if we don't eat them before father returns the boys will get them all and we can't have that!" She added with a bit of a laugh.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 am
She nodded in agreement. It was nice out now but the potential for a hot afternoon was in the air. And there was nothing worse than being out in the open in the heat of them day...well, there was plenty worse than that but Kaelin tried not to think about all of those things, if she let those thoughts fill up her mind she would be ruined for the rest of the day. It was part of the reason she rose so early now, to get things done before the heat set in, and anything she didn't accomplish could wait until evening or the next day depending on the task. As long as it didn't storm again at night she would be happy. There was nothing worse than seeing lighting shooting down and the loud booms of thunder to keep her awake all night.

"If we leave now we can pick a bunch before it gets too hot." The mention of the honeysuckle with the berries was enough to almost make her rush off to get the day started. But then her brain fully kicked in and her shook her head slightly. "Berries and honeysuckle would be divine!" It was probably the best mid-summer snack she could think of. "I'm sure those the boys are stuffing their face with everything they are finding along the way." She laughed. Their father and brother definitely had a very large appetite and could clear the berries off of several bushes if given the chance. She took a step towards the path that would eventually lead them to the berries before glancing to make sure her sister was going to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:22 am
Ciyana nodded her agreement - as she had remarked earlier it was still quite early in the morning and even if they were lazy pickers, taking their time without rushing they would likely have enough time to get quite a bit before the heat really ramped up. It was kind of sad when she thought about it - all winter long they complained about how cold it was and how they couldn't wait for summer to start and then, when summer actually came, they spent half the time trying to avoid the heat they had wished for so mightily not so very long ago. Life was so strange sometimes she thought to herself with a slight chuckle before following her sister.

"I'm coming." She assured Kaelin when her sister glanced back towards her. "Remember to keep an eye out for some of those big leaves we can fold over to carry the berries in while we go. I know some of those plants grow between here and the berry bushes but I never recall exactly where until we are walking all over them."

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 am
"I think those leaves are closer to the berries than they are to home." But honestly she couldn't be one hundred percent sure. Normally she was too busy looking out for danger that she couldn't always pay attention to things such as that. Sure, she knew she missed a lot of things because of her tendency to always be looking out for something bad, but it was just the way that she was, the way her mother was. In the end she knew they would find them at some point and then they would be ready to pick some berries.

"We should check the creek by the berry patch as well." She said as they continued along the way. "The flowers that grow there should be in full bloom now and they do taste quite lovely." Not as lovely as berries with honeysuckle but it was pretty darn close. Besides she wanted to take full advantage of this trip and get the most out of it and since the creek was within sight of the berry patch they could afford to spend a little bit of time there. Sometimes they could also find neat rocks along the banks or listen to the beautiful songs of birds. It would be a good trip no matter what...or at least she hoped it would be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:46 am
"I think your right." Ciyana agreed. "In any case I'm not to worried about them - I'm sure that we will find them eventually." She might not know where they grew but she did know they were on the way and would just rather collect them as they went rather then missing them and having to go back - that would be a pain and lessen the time they could spend doing funner things. Like playing in the creek.

"Thats a wonderful idea and if it does start to get hot it will be a nice chance to cool off as well." The flowers must be ready by now, it was the right time of year and soon it would be to hot and most of the plants would start to die back a bit, late spring and early summer were the best of the seasons as far as Ciyana was concerned. "I wonder if the little duckings will have hatched by now - I always love watching them in the creek with their parents."

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:19 pm
Kaelin was feeling pretty darn happy as they continued on with their little trip. She was still cautious, because no matter how safe or happy she felt it was always a good idea to keep ones eyes and ears open, danger could be around any corner after all. Casting a smile at her sister she nodded. "Yes, there's nothing like cooling off in the river." But while that was nice she really did hope that it wouldn't get too hot today. Even with a river to cool off in Kaelin just wasn't a fan of hot weather. Her eyes lifted to the sky above, though she couldn't get a clear view of it because of the trees, there were a few white patches to be seen among the blue. If there were clouds then the sun wouldn't be too strong and thus it hopefully wouldn't get to hot. But if there were too many clouds it could mean rain and she would hate to get stuck out in the rain.

Her worries about the weather were interrupted as Ciyana mentioned the ducklings. "Oh I do hope they had hatched." She said turning her attention back to her sister and the trail. "They are so adorable when they are young and fluffy and awkward on their feet." She let out a little sigh, she was a sucker for cute baby animals. "I'm sure it's been long enough since the eggs were laid that they would have hatched by now."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 am
"they really are." Ciyana agreed "Though I guess the same could said for almost any baby animal." she stated with a slight laugh. There were a few that she found less then cute, like lizards..or tadpoles...and even some baby birds, but ducklings, rabbits, fawns..well those were the epitome of cuteness as far as she was concerned. Of course thinking of baby animals had her thinking of baby Soquili - she was still young and she certainly hadn't met anyone she wanted to have children with yet...but someday. Someday she would like to be a mother.

Ciyana shook her head slightly and decided to keep such thoughts to herself for now, bringing such things up might upset Kaelin who would ten fret over her sisters love life, or who she might be seeing and Ciyana didn't want to ruin her worry wart of a sisters day with needless things like that. Turning her attention to the trail ahead she pricked her ears slightly and trotted forward. "Oh! I think I found those leaves!" She told her sister happily as she came upon the large broad leafed plant.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:39 am
"That's true. All baby animals are cute." That was why she loved spring so much, it was the time of year when life was everywhere and the best part of that was all the new life. And then of course there was watching them grow over the summer months. Yup, she could almost ignore the hazards of the world for a few moments if she spotted a baby animal or was thinking of them.

When Ciyana trotted forward the first thing she thought of was danger. Oh dear, what had they stumbled upon. But her sister's words brought peace to her once more and she hurried to go take a look. Stopping beside her sister Kaelin looked at the leaves. "It sure does looked like the same ones we used last time...or ones very similar." And now, they would be able to pick berries and bring them back to their mother. Lowering her head she sniffed the leaves. "They smell like the right ones." Carefully she grabbed a leaf near the base of the plant and gave it a small tug. The leaf popped free easily and she grinned at her sister around the leaf. "Now we just need the berries." Her voice was a bit mumbled with the leaf but she was certain Ciyana would understand. "Grab a leaf and let's go." If they each carried a leaf then they could bring lots of berries home, enough for even their father and brother to have some.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:52 am
Ciyana almost rolled her eyes at her sisters overly cautious approach to checking the leaves - she was positive they were the right ones but she let her sister carefully look them over at her own pace anyways and she managed to not roll her eyes about it it or state 'of course they are the right ones!' out loud..even if she wanted too. Her sister was just the way she was and there wasn't going to be any changing it - she took after their mother too much.

Leaning down she pulled a leaf free and then turned to return to the path. "The river and berries should be close now." She told her sister in a muffled voice, the leaf plant had always been close to the berries and river, that much she could recall quite well and pricking her ears as they went along Ciyana tried to catch the sound of water up ahead. She thought she heard it..maybe, but it was hard to tell, muffled as the sound was by the trees and brush surrounding them. "I think we're almost there."

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 am
She nodded at her sisters words. Yes, surely they wouldn't need to travel much further before reaching the river and the berry bushes. It was a few moments later that she swore she could hear the river. Her pace slowed slightly as she listened closely to the sound. Sure enough after a quick listen she discovered that it was the sound of water. It was bound to be the river, for what else could be making that kind of sound in the middle of the forest. Her pace quickened once more as she followed the trail, glancing back at her sister and giving her a smile around the leaf she carried in her teeth.

The trees opened up to a decent sized meadow. To the far right the river slowly snaked through the grass and trees. The water level was low but it was still deep enough for them to go swimming if they wanted to. The berries bushes were on the other side of the clearing and after making a sweep of the open area with her eyes Kaelin continued on the to bushes. "Look at all those berries!" She called out in delight dropping the leaf at the sight of the bushes. Why there seemed to be more berries than there were leaves! "We could stand here all day eating them and there would still be plenty left." Of course she wouldn't do that. Eat a few now yes, but the important thing was taking some back for mother. And with the amount of berries here was knew they would also have enough to bring back for their father and brother as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 am
Ciyana was almost mesmerized by the berry bushes, she had expected there to be a good many - but not this many! Why they could stand here and eat berries for days and probably not finish them all off. "Wow..." Was all that she managed to say right off the bat, dropping her own leaf in the process. "Well at least it won't be hard to pick them, there are so many all we have to do is shake a couple of branches..it will be like berry rain." She told her sister with a slight laugh.

"What do you want to do first? Should we go ahead and pick the berries or did you want to go swimming or look for the ducklings?" She asked with a glance towards the river. Really it wasn't so hot out yet that she was dying to swim or anything so she would be fine with whatever her sister wanted to do, she figured they should probably pick the berries last though, that way they would stay fresh longer.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:13 am
Wow, was right Kaelin thought as her sister saw the berry bushes. It was amazing how a plant could have so many berries on it. She let out a laugh. "Yeah they will be very easy to pick." It was nice to see that so far things were going well with this little trip. Why if the berries were this good just imagine what else they would find! Turning to look at Ciyana she considered.

"Well unless a whole group of starving bears wanders by I don't think we have to worry about the berries going missing if we do other things first." Of course now that she thought about that possibility...no she wouldn't let her worry get in the way this time. "Let's go see the ducklings first. Then we can go swimming and then pick the berries right before we head home."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff