A beautiful day dawned on the Pridelands. It was the third since a rather violent thunderstorm had passed through, leaving the ground soaked and the creatures cowering from the thunder. Since then, the sun had dried up the excess water, leaving the drinking holes full of fresh, clean liquid and the plants bursting with life rather than drowning in the unexpected surplus of water. The fresh vegetation drew the prey beasts in from the rouge lands, creating an amazing selection for the hunters and huntresses in the pride. Everyone had eaten well the past two days and, if the groans were anything to go by, some had indulged more than they should have.

Aslan had eaten just enough to take an amazing fifteen hour snooze, his stomach working to digest the meat he'd consumed. As day broke he awoke, though, and stretched out his paws before him, arching his back to wake up. His tail flicked back and forth once he relaxed, letting his muscles warm up slowly. Dark eyes peered from his den, watching a few lions that had already risen walking back from the kill sight from their breakfast. Deciding to do the same - why not, the meat would only spoil - Aslan rose and made his way from his cave down to the earth.

When he reached the dirt he discovered he wasn't the only one coming down from the dens. A familiar, if more mature, face was picking her way through the rocks. A sly grin crossed his face and he paused to wait for the female to make her way down.

Mindra had also eaten well the past few days, but wasn't one to gorge herself. She ate until she wasn't hungry, then would run off to go find something more fun to do than sit and chew. She found over-eating rather dull and didn't feel any sympathy for those that did. Served them right to get belly aches like that! She knew the kills would be there later, and sometimes there was nothing better than letting the meat soak in its own juices. Ah...her mouth was watering just thinking about it!

"Whoops!" she yelped as she mis-stepped, sending a little avalanche of stones down before her. She managed to hang on to the rocks with her claws, but only for a moment before she launched herself after the stones. Just a moment later the ledge she was on crumbled, and it would have sent her straight down onto some rather uncomfortable boulders. Her jump sent her directly towards Aslan, who she only saw once it was too late.

Aslan, thankfully, saw the whole thing happen and was ready for impact. He let out a little 'oof!' as the female tumbled in to him, but he managed to stop her movement before either of them were sent to the ground. "My, my, someone is in a hurry to get some breakfast," he teased once the clattering of rocks ceased. Mindra, who was still silently freaking out inside, lifted a paw to press it against her face.

"Oh gods..Aslan, are you all right?" she asked, peering up hesitantly at the male. "I'm so sorry! I didn't think that ledge would crumble like that, and then I stepped on it and those rocks fell and I knew I'd fall too and I just had to jump!" She pressed her ears against her head, even though the male was chuckling softly and obviously uninjured.

"Mindra, my dear," Aslan purred softly. "Everything is perfectly fine. You're not hurt, are you?"

Mindra shook her head, her heart still beating a mile a minute, as if she were chasing down prey. "No, I'm okay," she confirmed, taking a little step back from Aslan. "Are you?"

"Not a scratch," he assured her, moving in as she moved away. He took a moment to look over the female, an appreciative gaze on his face. The last time he had seen her she was still growing, but now...now it was obvious she was fully grown. She looked much more mature, her paws weren't too big, her pelt was exquisite and shiny and healthy, her eyes...all right. Time to stop waxing poetic in his mind. He shook out his mane before putting a heavily flirtatious smile on his face.

"Look how you've grown," he observed, which made Mindra flush heavily under her grey fur. "My, my...what a lovely lioness you've become. I knew you would," he added, leaning in with a hint of a smirk on his face. "May I join you in getting a bite to eat?"

Horribly flustered, Mindra could only nod. She followed Aslan down to where the kills were, but he was very slow in walking, preferring to talk than move, it seemed. He was a very handsome lion, she had to admit. She also had to admit that she never thought a male would take interest in her. Not so soon, at least! She was still so cubbish, she felt, and all over the place. Most males looked for a regal, confident female that could lead the pride herself if she had to. She was...definitely not that type of lioness. Then again, Aslan was a joining rouge. Perhaps he had different ideals in a female.

"Please, Aslan, you'll make me get all embarrassed," she said weakly, trying to cut the lion's praises off. He only chuckled, though, and leaned in to nuzzle her cheek.

"Oh, but that's what I'm going for," he purred softly, tail curling around Mindra's. That made Mindra squeak quietly and Aslan laugh in a good-natured way. "Oh, you poor dear," he murmured softly. "Surely you've been flirted with before? You're so beautiful it's hard to imagine I'm the first."

"N-nope. Definitely the first," Mindra said with a weak smile. It was nice, though. She just didn't know how to process it all. Aslan didn't seem too bothered by it, though, and he continued to talk as he led her down to the breakfast area. There were a few other lions there, but they were so interested in what they were eating they didn't notice the two snuggling lions descend into the little pit with them.

FIN
WC: 1034