Setting: A day after this RP

The sun had risen high into the sky over the Ela'wadiyi lands, shining down on the clans as they made their constant migrations within the lands. In their eternal migration, the clans of the pride never stayed in one place long, and often conversations were had on the go. Dongo watched as two of his sons - His oldest and his youngest - talked between themselves. Perhaps they were looking at lionesses in other clans... He smiled, part of him dearly HOPING so. A bump against his left side made him turn away and look, smiling at his mate. "Hello, my lovely rose!" He purred, rubbing his forehead to hers as they walked.

Huong smiled, giggling slightly. "Oh, Dongo!" She gave his shoulder a nudge with her own. "If I am a rose, surely you are a honey bee!" Behind them she heard Luyu make a gagging sound before moving off to join one of her sisters. The dark lioness glanced back, grinning. "One day, Luyu! You'll be like this, too, one day! Your sister already is!" She turned back to Dongo. "What are YOU up to? Watching our sons?" Gold eyes looked around the dark mane, where their oldest and youngest were walking. Rajeev had come a long way from the shy cub he'd once been, and being mistaken for a girl. His brother, Odakota, was a polar opposite. The black-maned brother flirted with EVERY lioness, it seemed, though he'd not found the ONE yet. One day... One day he would.

He glanced back at the boys. Indeed, Odakota WAS different from his brother... It actually sort of alarmed Dongo sometimes... "I was, yes... Oda's getting to be a bit like my father... It's... Worrying..." He looked back at Huong. "I have so many half-brothers and half-sisters, and those are the ones I KNOW about... I've no idea how many MORE are out there... I don't want any one of our children to end up like that..." The Ela was a good place to stamp those kinds of actions out, and-- Wait, what was that she'd said? He looked back at Huong. "What was that you said to our oldest daughter?" And there it was, the Daddy Mode, in place to be protective over his daughters.

Huong smiled sweetly at her mate, before looking back to their daughters. "She's got her eye on a boy from another clan! One from the Wolf Clan!" She practically bounced as she walked. Was she excited? Of course she was! Another of her little girls was looking at a potential mate! "I can't wait for the next Sky Festival, then she can properly meet this boy and see if they hit it off!" She paused, allowing Dongo to catch up. When he stopped next to her... She frowned. "Please don't be angry or upset, Dongo... I do want our children to be happy, to find mates... I don't want a repeat of... Well... You know..." It still made her heart ache that such a thing had happened.

The gold lion frowned, his ears folding back into his black mane. "Oh, Huong... I worry about that, too, but..." He smiled. "I think Luyu has a good head on her shoulders... She's never done anything stupid, and made no silly claims..." He sighed, then began to walk again. "Still... I DO worry..." Granted, his mother had been a... Ditz... Air-head? Very INNOCENT-minded... She wasn't a moron, of course, but Dongo saw a bit of her in Rajeev... And a LOT of her in Luyu. He sighed, looking at the sky as he walked. "I think we should just play this by ear, see how it goes... And hopefully we have no more disasters in the family." Or, at least... That PART of the family. "As long as he's not RELATED to us, it should be okay..."

The pink-marked lioness smiled, nuzzling Dongo. "Alright... I trust your judgement, Dongo." After all, his judgement had gotten them here, hadn't it?

It didn't take long before her mind turned to another topic. "I keep thinking about what Skan said at the Sky Festival this year... About the Clans... And how the Mantis Clan has no Nvwati... Do you think we'll find a new one soon?" Granted, the clan was still rebuilding after having only just reformed a couple years prior, and there were clans with bigger problems... And then the BIRDS the Alu'nadis had been given... Even Huong was suspicious of the things.

He frowned, listening to his mate's worries. "We'll be fine... The Alu'nadi will probably pick a new Nvwati from the next litter born!" As long as there was a male, anyway. It wouldn't do well if all of the cubs between Sky Festivals were girls, would it? Even though their clan had lacked one the whole time, Dongo knew that Nvwati were ONLY male, as Alu'nadi were only female. Which... Given the lack of other families having cubs in the clan... Chances were good that the new Nvwati would be either part of the Kalisetsi family, or the Atadiusti family. Of course their grandson HAD gotten married to Amagada's daughter... So there was a one-in-three chance that the Nvwati would be from BOTH families. "I think I need to stop thinking about the fact the Nvwati will come from either our family, Amagada's, or both..."

Huong paused long enough to cover her mouth, giggling. "Oh, Dongo!" Her somber feeling had abated, cheered up by Dongo over-thinking things. "I would say that chances are high, that he'll probably come from the union of our families!" She headbutted his shoulder. "We should think about happier things, anyway... And I blame myself for bringing up discussion of our lack of clan Nvwati. So!" She walked ahead of him, flicking her tail across his nose. "Are you still up to the idea of more little Kalisetsis running around your paws?"

The gold male chuckled, trying to catch her tail in his mouth. Near by, Rajeev and Odakota both made horrified faces at their parents flirting with each other. "You know I am, my little rose!"

She wiggled her tail at him, keeping it just out of his reach. "Then when we stop for the night, let's go find somewhere more private!" She noticed their sons. "Oh, you make those faces NOW, boys, but one day you'll be doing this, too!" She let out a giggle, running from Dongo as the boys let out cries of 'no way.' "Come get me, honey bee!"