Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Tyrantrum or Haxorus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I go with Haxorus or Tyrantrum?
Tyrantrum
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Haxorus
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:50 pm
I have recently caught an Axew and I also received a Tyrunt in Pokemon X and I was wondering if I should go with Axew and evolve him into a Haxorus or should I go with Tyrunt and evolve him into Tyrantrum?  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:05 pm
competitively or just an in-game Haxorus/Tyrantrum?  

Dangerous Macadamia

Anxious Kitten

12,725 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm
Dangerous Macadamia
competitively or just an in-game Haxorus/Tyrantrum?
I usually just play in-game for now, but once I get my pokemon leveled up more, I might compete with a few friends.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:52 pm
People seem to keep voting haxorus, any reason why? Mine has rively and my tyrantrum has strong jaw.  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

starkaat

A Pal

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 am
Daveak Shadowsword
People seem to keep voting haxorus, any reason why? Mine has rively and my tyrantrum has strong jaw.

One of those people here. Sorry for not giving any explanation; I don't battle competitively and just voted on personal preference. c:

Haxorus, as a pseudo, has better stats (at least in regards to total). Speedy with high physical attack is awesome, and I had a ton of fun with mine in White. I haven't played with Tyrantrum, but it looks pretty good. You could get some nice type coverage through strong jaw + the various biting moves, if you're willing to breed for them.

So... It probably comes down to team structure and/or playstyle?
Someone other than me could give much better advice. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:42 pm
I picked Tyrantrum because of there finally being a T-Rex Pokemon. I also feel like it's a big puppy :3  

Dangerous Macadamia

Anxious Kitten

12,725 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:26 pm
I prefer Tyrantrum over Haxorus, just for the sole reason he's new and he's a flippin T-Rex! it just feels nice chomping other pokemon down. (I named mine Chomper, you'd know why if you seen the movies lol)
as for competitive I'd recommend Haxorus; reason being it has higher power, speed and less type weaknesses.
You should browse around www.serebii.net and see what fits your playstyle. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:02 pm
Jerzeeboii
I prefer Tyrantrum over Haxorus, just for the sole reason he's new and he's a flippin T-Rex! it just feels nice chomping other pokemon down. (I named mine Chomper, you'd know why if you seen the movies lol)
as for competitive I'd recommend Haxorus; reason being it has higher power, speed and less type weaknesses.
You should browse around www.serebii.net and see what fits your playstyle. 3nodding
My playstyle is mostly offensive. I also sometimes use moves like Hypnosis or Sleep Powder so my opponent can't attack.  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:27 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
My playstyle is mostly offensive. I also sometimes use moves like Hypnosis or Sleep Powder so my opponent can't attack.

You'll love over powering trainers with Haxorus then. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Dangerous Macadamia
I picked Tyrantrum because of there finally being a T-Rex Pokemon. I also feel like it's a big puppy :3

^
It pleases me greatly that im not the only one who has a similar mind set xD  

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

TwilitOni

Tenacious Healer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:00 pm
While I would personally pick Tyrunt(he's a friggin' T-Rex. I've been waiting for a T-Rex fossil pokemon since gen 1), Haxorus is probably the better option for the most part.

Haxorus's stats are better for an all-out attacker. Tyrantrum has great physical attack and defense stats, but he has twice as many weaknesses, and his speed leaves much to be desired. If you raise it properly, Tyrantrum can overcome most of his weaknesses with his bulk and natural defense as long as we're talking about in-game. The only real problem he has is with fairy and ice type, which Haxorus will have an equal problem with. Ice types don't pop up very often outside of Snowbelle City and route 17, but fairy types are pretty common due to being the "featured type" of the region.

Overall Haxorus is your best option

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 pm
Haxorus would be better simply because of his attack stats and his access to dragon dance. He can be a very dangerous pokemon if allowed to set up, and even then he's a lot more threatening to see on a team than a Tyrunt... imo.  

Eyepatch Ghoul

Beloved Lunatic

9,025 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items