bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:40 pm
User Image

Why did he become a medic in the first place?

Kheri frowned, watching a game unfold in front of him with a frown. He could have just been a spectator. There was nothing wrong with being one. Become a fan of whatever team he wanted and cheer his siblings on like he used to when he was just a cub. However; it didn’t feel right to take on a job like that. And the more active his siblings grew, the more aware that Kheri became aware that his siblings were bound to get into more trouble. Especially Ajia. She who had no fear, it seemed. Still, in times like these, where there was nothing to do other than watch a game play out, he had to wonder why he even stuck doing this job.

Much to his chagrin, a player swerved the wrong way and got hit with a fast tortoiseshell, making the lion scramble back and towards him. It gave Kheri something to do at least. Yet still, he didn’t particularly care for patching anyone up.

Grouching, he went to assess the damage on the lion. The wound was only a measly scratch, not big at all. And it took no time at all to give his usual lecture about staying safe on the field, that he wouldn’t have to even take care of the lion if he was more mindful on the field, before binding his wound and letting him go on his merry little way.

It soon came apparent, however; that he was quite alone after assisting the lion with his wound. There was no one else to grumble at, no one to even speak about. Which left him alone with his thoughts. Kheri didn’t like that one bit. But there was nothing that he could do about it.

He frowned, laying down with his head on his paws. Guess he’d just watch the game from here and try to push his thoughts away.
Caliwolfe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kheri wasn’t going to be alone for much longer, for a lost looking Leilani was heading his way.

She had decided recently to take up the profession or rather “hobby” of patching up animals who really didn’t want to admit they had gotten hurt in the first place. Grumpy bunnies, is what she called them. They didn’t seem to appreciate the title too much, yet still they came back to her when they required her services.

Problem was Leila didn’t exactly know what she was doing. She didn’t want to be a healer; she wanted to be a player. But she didn’t like seeing people when they were hurt either so she would slap on a bandage, maybe mix some sweet smelling cream on a leaf and tell her injured companions to hold in place. But most of which she knew wasn’t from experience or learning but rather observing the -actual- pride healers. The other day this all came back to bite her when one of her friends that she had “treated” had gotten sick, and thing was, the cheetah couldn’t help but feel it was because of her good-natured attempts to make them feel better.

So on this day, the third since she had begun to tail the pride healers around, Leila had been “politely asked” to bug off and follow someone else around. She was determined to learn even just the basics of healing so that she could truly heal those who came to her. And when she spotted Kheri brooding on the ground she made no effort to stall and ran up to him presenting her intentions loud and clear. “Hey, you’re a healer right? Teach me how to be one!”

bullterrierlove

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:50 am
User Image

A loud voice caught Kheri off guard, and surprised, he jumped; swiveling his head to the side in order to see at who was demanding his attention. The roar from the crowd was nothing to muffle the female’s question and demand. He had heard her, crystal clear.

She may have wanted to be a healer, but the leopard thought that she would be a perfect announcer with such a loud voice.

Grumbling, he hunched his shoulders and studied the new face, ears back and leopard-spotted tail flickering. He had never gotten such a request before. He was still knew to the job, still getting used to the ropes and yet she was asking him to teach her how to become a healer. It was puzzling and unwanted. Kheri was no teacher. In fact, he had given up on trying to teach his sister and her best friend, Barawai. They could never do it right and he was never one for patience, nor was he great at explaining things. So why was he picked, of all people?

”Teach you?” he snorted, narrowing his gaze and lifting himself from up off the ground. He gave his body a small shake in an attempt to get rid of some of the excess dirt that clung to his fur. It wouldn’t do no good, he’d probably be back on the ground in a few moments when this lass had given up on her pursuit to get him to teach her, but he still felt compelled to do so nonetheless. ”Can’t you see that there’s a game going on right now?” Cyan eyes rolled up towards the sky. Wasn’t it obvious that he had a game to watch? He peered at the field. But it wasn’t like anyone was getting hurt right now…Still. ”I’m not a very good teacher.” he said, frowning. It was the truth.

Caliwolfe

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Leila backed up as Kheri stood, she didn't want to be intruding his comfort zone. She had learned from some of her patients that standing too close to the more snappish pride members wasn't going to get her very far. "Could you teach me after the game then?" Leilani asked more nicely. She bit her lip as Kheri went on to explain that he wasn't a very good teacher. That could have been a problem, but Leila knew that even bad teachers could become good teachers. They just needed training in how to teach, like the players needed training to play Kikombe.

But how was she suppose to convince this guy to teach her? She needed to learn or else more patients could get sick! So Leila decided to come clean about it. "The other pride healers won't teach me either..." She explained. "N-not because I'm a bad student but they're too busy! Far too busy!" But not busy enough to spare a moment to tell her to shoo she thought secretly. She would have given a eye roll had she not been trying to convince Kheri to assist her.

"They told me that you could help." She pressed further. "So will you teach me? Please?"

bullterrierlove

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:45 pm
User Image

She just wouldn’t quit, would she? Kheri scowled, his gaze flitting over towards the game instead of staring at her in the eye. Her hopeful look was tempting. He wanted to cave and help her out a bit but, he reminded himself, just how tedious training another was. His training didn’t take an afternoon. It had taken many moons in order to get the basics down. And he didn’t want to waste that much time trying to train a young cheetah.

Clucking his tongue, the leopard rolled his eyes before replying. ”After the game there’s still work to do,” There wasn’t really. Just clean up and checking any temporary fix ups. Nonetheless, she didn’t know that, right? Still, he couldn’t bare to look her in the eye while he said it. Too afraid that she would be able to tell that he was lying.

But his cyan eyes were drawn once again to the female at the newly given information. The other medics wouldn’t teach her, huh? His nose gave a slight twitch in thought. If they weren’t willing to, then maybe she was too much trouble to teach. She stated that she wasn’t a bad student, but obviously, she wouldn’t speak the truth now, would she? Not if she had already asked the other medics. But they were a bit low when it came to medics. They could have been busy. But still…Kheri pondered over it for a moment, studying her carefully as if she were one of his patents. She did say that they told her to come to him.

”How much do you know?” He asked, giving up for the time being. It wasn’t as if he had anything better to do besides watching over the games, when he can. ”Just don’t get in my way.”

Caliwolfe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:19 pm
The female nearly squealed in delight, doing a little tip-toe happy dance to express her enthusiasm. "Thank you!" She was so happy he had agreed to train her! Well he never actually said that but Leilani took asking her knowledge on medicine as a yes. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise I won't regret this!"

She all too eager to answer the next question, or any question that Kheri might have posed. "Next to no-! Very little!" The cheetah could not help but feel embarrassed at her lack of knowledge at healing in general. She had began to say what she the flat out truth but back out of it last minute. "When people get sick, you bundle them up to keep them warm... And you clean and cover wounds so they don't get infected... But that's... It?"

She wasn't sure what came next from cleaning wounds. She assumed adding a type of herb would help but she didn't know what type nor where to find it. Looking to the ground in shame she thought back on it now. She was a pretty terrible healer.

bullterrierlove
So sorry about the wait on this! Gaia forgot to notify me of rps again.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:46 pm
User Image

Snorting, Kheri rolled his eyes and shook his head in exasperation. She was so eager and grateful, it must have been fake. Surely. Someone couldn't be that enthusiastic about watching someone work now could they? Even if it was their desired profession. Still---his gaze fixated on the ground as he felt a smile tug at his lips. Her enthusiasm was infectious. Kheri gave a shake of his head. No, he needed to stop thinking about it. She'd get bored of him soon after she saw him work. He was sure of it. It was best not to get too hopeful.

He grimaced at the thought of teaching a complete newbie. If she did stay for his instruction, it'd be a long endeavor. He was sure. He hoped nothing more than for her to give up early. But at least she was truthful. "There's more to it than that," he grumbled, wishing that were the case. Life was never that easy. "Some sickness can't be cured by being bundled up. Some need different treatment. Thirst needs a watering hole, some ailments are aided by certain herbs, and others you can't do anything about. Some wounds have to be severed and covered with more than just bandage. Sometimes, you have to let them go. And there are a few patients who don't want to be treated." he looked at her sternly, paws planted firmly in the ground. "Are you sure about this? Can you handle the responsibility?" He doubted that she could.
Caliwolfe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:53 am
"Some need... herbs... more then bandages" Leilani made mental notes as Kheri spoke. Her own words were little more than whispers under her breath. Or at least she hoped they were. It'd be pretty awkward if they weren't. Still, she was glad, thrilled that Kheri had agreed to teach her.

But the pressures of the job was a factor that was good enough to drive Leilani off. "No." She told him honestly. "I don't know if I can handle the responsibility. I probably can't. But that's why I'm here right? To learn. I can at the very least try, and who knows, maybe I will be able to handle it. But If I don't try I'll never know." She said with a serious expression on her face. "So again, thank you for teaching me!" She grinned at that last sentence.

Kheri was letting her watch as he worked, so that alone made her happy. Even if she wasn't cut out to be a healer, or if she was, she'd have Kheri to thank by the end. Plus he was giving her so much great advice already! He hadn't even begun working on a patient yet!

bullterrierlove

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas