Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[WP05] Bare Trees, Sacred Grove [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Chrystali rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 pm
Quote:
You awaken on the shady side of a towering sand dune, near an oasis. Birds with long, brightly-colored tails fly overhead. If you are a native Acha, you recognize this as your homeland. A strange, smooth-sided tower of red stone rises in the distance. Native Acha may or may not recognize it as a landmark.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Waking up was slow and came with some difficulty. Heavy eyes struggled to crack open, closing almost immediately against the assault of gold that rewarded her effort. The Kiokote shuddered at the familiar air against her fur and, with a few measured breathes, she lifted her head from her front legs and willed her eyes to open again, focusing on her hooves. It took a few moments of squinting before she could open her eyes without pain, not aware of what all the searing gold was. The scent in the air was vaguely familiar, though she did not know why. Shaking out her auburn mane, Ascent lifted her sage eyes -- and gasped audibly.

On trembling legs that were bereft of strength, she pushed herself up to stand, though it was no easy feat: her hooves sunk into the sand of the great dune if she stood too long, her weight much greater than those the land was used to. She knew immediately recognized all the gold as the sands of the desert that her beloved came from -- the very place she called home. Ascent did not, however, recognize where she was in the expanse of eternal sand, turning in a tight circle and flicking her tail in agitation. It wasn't that she was worried about being lost, it was that...she had no idea how she got here. She was in the Swamp when she'd fallen asleep - the outskirts, but still within the confines of the motherland.

How did she get here? Where was Descent? And...oh. What was that?

The Kiokote stared with wide eyes out to the tower in the distance, drawing in a short breath and forgetting to keep moving for a moment, sinking to her ankles in the sand. She may have been on the homeland of her mate, but this part of it was alien to her. She knew well she'd have remembered that reaching spire! A little afraid and not wanting to show it, Ascent tried to find her voice and squeeze out some modicum of strength and situational awareness. "Descent? Love?"

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She thought it would be another regular day where she and Sprig would hunt some wild berries and fruits together. But opening her eyes was harder than she ever had felt, shifting her body against the ground beneath her.

"--???!" Her eyes shot open in shock, her legs sinking in the blinding gold that was everywhere. She made a pathetic sound, looking around as she sank into the dune, the sand coming over her head ungracefully. The kimeti was clearly out of her element, and with her struggle she managed to sputter out "Sprig?!" -- but nothing came of it, she did not sense her friend -- she was alone somewhere. If there was anything that passed her by or shouted at her during her struggle, she would not have heard it.

But why? How did this happen? Finally she stopped struggling, spitting out the sand that seeped into her mouth, the grainy taste making her expression a look of distaste. She made a huge hole where she was, legs splayed out and looking up at the bright sun above. There were no towering trees, everything looked yellow and brown, she did not understand at all what this place was.

"Hello?" she said with a hopeful tone, though not very positive anyone would answer.

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:08 pm
A call reached her upright ears, but it wasn't something she recognized. Sprig? The Kiokote turned around in a tight circle again, trying to determine where she heard the call. It was impossible to tell with her unfamiliarity of where she was, but luckily, a second call followed, and Ascent could better find the source of the voice.

Sliding slightly down the dune, she found a most piteous sight of a Kimeti doe sprawled in the sand, just trying to stay above the shifting sea of gold. Ascent quickly 'galloped' down the side of the dune some distance from the other, not wanting to cause an avalanche of sand on her, before quickly trotting over to the disheveled looking creature. "My friend, are you safe? Are you well?" she asked of the doe with concern, moving in a slow circle around her and nosing the doe's side. "Come now, if you are not injured, stand, and keep moving until we are on level ground. The sand is sturdy but the dunes are unforgiving. Come!"

With a swish of her tail, the Kiokote trotted around the doe once more before making her way towards the oasis -- and hopefully even land. She didn't stop until she was beneath the shade of large fronds, shaking out her mane and pleased to find she wasn't sinking, waiting anxiously for the doe to join her.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:28 pm
Oh no she was sure of it, she'd sink into whatever monster this is and no one would ever hear her! Oh Sprig, oh her siblings, how ----

And then a voice made her limbs flail once again, though pushing her deeper into this tomb of sand she had made for herself, immediately stopping when the other kin spoke once again. She couldn't make out exactly what the other looked like but she was sure it wasn't a monster! "O-okay? A dune??" She called out before her saviour galloped away, the doe carefully following the instructions and turning herself over to stand properly, crawling up from the hole -- only to immediately slide down fast against the hot sand.

"Oof!" She breathed out, clearly exhausted already, but standing up on this strange ground. It felt ... so weird being without her eagle and even stranger in this mysterious land. But perhaps the other doe had some answers?

She started to walk around, blinking when she saw some kind of tree, very much relieved to see one -- and some water! She was obviously still shook up but this sight helped her immensely.

"Hello.. there?" she walked up to the doe, obviously a Kiokote with long beautiful hair. Was she lost like her, did she bring her here? -- No, this stranger seemed troubled as well. "I'm Bare Trees. Tree. Ah, who are you -- where is this place? What is this place?" she started to say nervously, then dipping her mouth into the water to take the taste of sand out of her muzzle.

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:06 pm
Ascent waited with due patience for the doe to join her, watching in her mindful manner until the ungainly female made it to her side. The Kiokote gently nosed the Kimeti's neck, trying to removing some of the larger clots of sand that clung stubbornly to her beautiful pelt. It really looked striking, the gold beaded over cream and earth.

Bare Trees. For a long moment, Ascent regarded the other, finding the name of the other, paired with the situation, to be like some sort of prophecy. Was this a dream? Was she being tested? "I am Ascent," she introduced herself, a touch of amusement in her tone. Already she was fond of the somewhat clumsy and skittish female, if only in name alone. There was something poignant about the name so opposite of hers, like her mate, in the land of the absent Acha. "This is the land of the Acha, the fair kin of the desert. You've likely not seen many, but my mate is one that calls this place home. I do too." She paused, flicking her auburn tail. "However...I do not know this part of the land. It stretches greatly beyond my knowledge."

Ascent lifted her head to take in the horizon, not seeing the break of mountains or plains or swamp, only an endless stretch of winking gold in a high set sun. There was, however, that tower to consider...surely it meant something to her mate and his kind? Jutting her chin towards it, she added, "We should make haste to the great sky-reacher over there. I'm sure we'll find the kin we need to get some answers."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:15 pm
"Ah thank you..." The doe still looked a little frazzled, feeling her hooves sink so easily into these golden grains was a strange sensation. She was thankful at least this stranger seemed to be helpful and more familiar with the land than her, perhaps she can lead her back home.

"Ascent is a lovely name." she smiled softly, comforted by her, "Land of the acha -- really?" Bare Trees looked around, it was such a --- vast endless expanse with lots of these sinking mountains, very odd. "Thank the MotherFather you know of this land ... Because I have no idea how to get back to my swamp -- would you know how?"

Before she could actually ask all the questions, she turned to where Ascent was motioning towards. "What a strange place this is indeed..."

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:23 pm
"As is Bare Trees. You look anything but such a name." The Kiokote chuckled softly, nodding at Tree's surprise of the land. "This is their home, such as the swamp is yours and the plains...were mine. Now when we move, step lightly - measure your weight between all your hooves. Stay on the flat ground as much as you can and you'll have a much easier time of things." Again gently nosing Tree's shoulder, she shook out her own pelt and began to make way towards the distance spire.

Looking towards the great tower, Ascent felt a touch unsettled. It almost felt like something she wasn't meant to see -- yet. Was it a look to her future? A nod she was on the right path? The Kiokote had no idea how to translate where she was with the sights around her. "The only way I know to return to your swamp is to ask those native to the dunes. I was last in your swamp myself, so how I got here...how either of us ended up here, I've no answers. I'm terribly sorry."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:27 pm
"You certainly look like you've come from above." She chuckled a little shyly at that, eyes moving down to the sand. It was so strange to be without Sprig because she was one she would always talk to but -- being with Ascent --who was a total stranger felt easier than she thought.

"Oh---there--- ah--!!" She tripped a little for a moment and got back on her limbs, trying to slowly walk on the sand and finally (sort of) getting the hang of it.

And they walked finally in a steady pace, Trees looking at the tower in the distance and wishing it would come closer to her. "I was in the swamp as well... taking a nap with Sprig..." she looked troubled, worrying about her bird yet again. "It's alright," She smiled at Ascent. "You've been a wonderful companion."

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 pm
The Kiokote looked briefly amused, thick brows lofted in good humor. Above? Did she strike this Tree as a bird? Ascent chuckled, finding the compliment to be rather darling, considering she was so much heavier than the other doe. Even if it was misunderstood, she was not one to turn down a compliment, feeling lighter in her steps for it.

She would pause or slow her gait whenever the Kimeti slipped, even going so far as to help get her back to her hooves with a press of nose and touching her side to Tree's. Ascent could only help so much, but she was doing all that she could. They were in this confused place together, after all.

Slowly, the distance became less, but it was hard to tell even to Ascent. It didn't hurt that she had good company, however, deciding to pay Tree more mind than the destination. It's not like they could get lost. "Who is Sprig? A friend?" She smiled in warm empathy, feeling a pang in her heart for not knowing where Descent was. "I've no doubt we'll find out way home, dear Tree. I just wish I had more answers for you - for both of us."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:01 pm
She kept on thanking Ascent when she kept helping her, laughing in good humour at herself and how unused she was in this surface. She swore to Ascent she could actually walk properly! And was actually quite a decent hunter despite how she looked.

"She's my best friend, my companion, she's an eagle." The doe's eyes lit up a little, "I know she'd love you, perhaps you could meet her one time.." Bare Trees was looking on the ground and back to Ascent, actually in quite a good mood now, the panic from earlier long gone.

"So your mate lives here?" She wasn't sure if what she said was exactly helpful... "I'm confident we'll get out of here as well. And it is strange how we both got here but you'll get back to him, and I'll get back to Sprig and the swamp!"

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:12 pm
The Kiokote thoroughly enjoyed the Kimeti's laughter and light-hearted promises, finding her resolve to be refreshing. As they continued on, the spire grew every closer, though Ascent wasn't paying it much mind by then.

"That is delightful! I would very much like to meet her some day." Ascent smiled, imagining the fair Tree with a great eagle, the two playing like children. It was probably an incorrect idea, but it was a sweet notion, she thought. At the questions, the Kiokote dipped her head, her smile a little secretive. "I've no concern about getting back to my mate - I miss him, mind you - but I know he'd turn over every grain of sand to find me. I live with him in this land, but he...he is more a king here in his knowledge and expertise. I am still learning." She chuckled, missing her dark beloved greatly. Her only comfort was that he would not know her peril, thinking her still visiting the swamp.

It wasn't until her hoof set upon cool sand that she realized they were at their destination. Ascent lifted her head, peering up at the great spire that cast a cool shadow over them, the red stone glistening solemnly in the sunlight. The Kiokote could tell even without looking around that there were no kin present -- despite the enormous effigy, there were none around to speak with. Perhaps it was a relic, rather than a landmark? Even so, she slowly trod near it, turning her head this way and that, not at all able to make sense of what it was -- or how it was erected in such slippery sand.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am
Bare Trees listened to the way Ascent spoke of her mate, the way her eyes lit up, her voice became more calm and full of hope. "It must be really lovely to have such a lifemate that you just look -- different when you speak of him," he paused, blushing slightly, "Oh I didn't mean to be prying or rude -- I just think it's very lovely..." The doe bowed her head, watching her hooves hit the shifting sands, finally getting used to it.

The structure was... so very strange to Tree, she didn't have any other way of describing it. It almost looked unnatural to this land, the glistening of the red against the hot landscape was quite striking. She looked around, confused and even a little nervous once again because she did notice there wasn't.. anything or anyone, still.

She sighed, "Perhaps we could wait here?" she said as she sat near the monument, resting her legs for a moment.

And little did she know there was something big in store for the both of them...

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces