[PRP] Cursed (Tikahn x Omba)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 pm
User Image Tikahn was still high off his whirlwind of emotions. His time with Elsa was always great, and the fact that they were spending more of their hours together was helping matters greatly. Not only was it rare of him to not be by her side when they were both on the island, but they were both becoming much more comfortable with one another. While nothing had been said point blank to the other, it was clear both felines were drawn to each other far more than friends would be. Their one on one time was a huge nod to their feelings as well.

All Tikahn could think about was Elsa. Whenever she wasn't around, she was on his mind. When she was around, she was on his mind, which was understandable. The downside to constantly thinking about her was that his clumsy nature came out even more. There had been a nice layer of snow over night, hiding rocks and sticks that were his arch nemesis. As it was, as he walked along in his day dream world, one hidden rock caught his hind leg and sent him sprawling forward.

"Oof!" He coughed a bit as the wind was knocked out of him and he rolled to his side, leaving an odd imprint in the snow. Finally he got to his feet and drew in a deep breath, just as a breeze blew some snow off the tree above him. It landed right on his head, the weight from the wet snow sending him back to the ground out of surprise. Just his luck! Thankfully Elsa wasn't around to see him...that would have been embarrassing.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:25 pm
SilverLutz

Omba was not the most out going lion around. He was an angry old goat with a lot of baggage. Ever since the pride got cursed, he had been carrying a lot of his anger around with him, and took it out on those around him without caring one way or the other if they got upset with him for it. He was not shy about sharing his opinions, and loudly if he had to.

How else were the others going to get it through their thick skulls?

The Queen was responsible for all of this. If they could even really call her that, since she did not even look like she came from the same family as her 'parents'. When the real King and Queen died, the pride was ruined. Those damned snows and the anger of the mountains came crashing down on them. The new Queen brought a curse with her, and now they all had to pay for it.

If she were gone, things would be better, but that was one thing he could not say out loud too often. That one got him in the kind of trouble he did not need or want.

He was grumping along in his usual way when another lion hit the ground nearby. He frowned and moved over to Tikahn, but did not offer to help him up. Omba saw the snowy colors on the other's coat and wrinkled his nose.

"What are you doing, boy? Can't you walk on your own four paws?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:36 pm
Tikahn shook his head to rid it of the wet snow, a little grin on his face. Oh well...at least it hadn't been the other way around, tripping over snow and getting hit in the head with the rock! He remained in the snow for the time being, not minding the chill that set in to his paws as he stopped moving.

A voice made him look to his left, and his ears drooped a bit as he spotted a rather grumpy looking lion. He pulled himself up to appear a bit more friendly and less grovel-y, not wanting to make the other male more upset than he already was.

"Aha, yes, I can," he said with a light laugh. "Just a hidden stone caught me up a bit. But I'm all right! I'm clumsy anyway, ending up on the ground isn't something that bothers me." He brushed off a bit of snow from his leg, the smile still on his face even though he kept a wary gaze on the other lion. He knew his pelt made him subject to discrimination, but there weren't many that were outward about it. Still, he wouldn't put it past this guy...he was older looking on top of his nice, natural coat.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:52 pm
SilverLutz

Omba was a mighty lion, hefty in size and looking worn and battle weary. He had been a soldier in his younger days, helping the pride with its expansion and defense. Now he was mostly just a grump, though he kept himself occupied and was not completely out of the game. He watched Tikahn with narrowed eyes.

There were always things the pride needed protecting from. Snow pelts topped his list, these days.

"So you're perfectly fine falling down and looking like a chump, then? I would have a bit more pride in myself, and strive not to look like a weakling, but then, I suppose I'm not the same as you. Maybe you're just used to hiding in the snow to solve all your problems, eh?" He blamed most snow pelted lions for the curse, thinking they were just harbingers and blind followers of the Snow Queen.

Omba's face was far from friendly, his eyes dark and contemplative as he looked the other over. He was easily deciding that he would have no trouble defeating this clumsy lion.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:03 pm
Tikahn could practically feel the dislike coming off the other lion and, while he kept the smile on his face, his ears and tail drooped a bit more. He didn't want to be rude to the older male, and he certainly didn't want to get into a fight with him. His tactics were generally apologize and then run, fight only when needed. This bruiser looked like it was the other way around.

"Well...everyone falls down sometimes," he said with a light laugh, trying to brush off the comments. "And...my problems generally aren't solved by hiding," he added, trying to steer the conversation away from the direction it was heading in. "I'm not in the pride all that often, you see. Out in the rouge lands doing things. Not much to hide out in there except grass and sand, depending on where you are."

He tilted his head just a bit, lifting his ears in an attempt to make the other lion stop staring at him so intently. "I'm Tikahn. I think I might have seen you around a few times, but we've never met." Probably because of his pelt, from the way this guy was treating him.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:53 pm
SilverLutz

Omba had been in more than his fair share of fights. And he had started them, as well, considering he had been a very strong and determined lion in his youth. He was nothing but a brute, and though he had learned a bit more about life since then, his loyalties were still limited to himself and his true pride. This new turn, these cursed creatures, were not what he wanted to spend his twilight years dealing with.

Not that he wanted them to think he was weak or soft: if he had to, he'd get rid of them all himself.

"No, I suppose lions like you don't need to stay in the pride and help your home. Suits me just fine, I'd rather have you out of my hair." He grunted, shaking his mane. It was peppered with greying hairs, though it was still thick enough to keep his age a guessing game.

He stared at Tikahn when he introduced himself, but did not seem to have any intention of introducing himself in return. Why should he? He did not want to get to know this other guy and certainly did not want Tikahn talking about him with all his cursed buddies.

They'd probably put a worse curse on him for it, or something.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:22 pm
Lions like him. Tikahn couldn't pretend to not hear the insult that time. He flicked his ear just a bit and the smile left his face, unsure of what to do.

"I help," he insisted. "I love to help, as a matter of fact." He prided himself on his helpfulness, in fact. When he wasn't walking around all love struck and actually applied himself, his clumsiness took a turn for the better and he could be a very effective lion.

"The fishers and ice cutters are just as important as the frozen and the guards," he added. "All of the ranks here pull their own weight." He waited for the other lion to introduce himself, but when no name followed his own he cleared his throat a bit awkwardly. Well then...

"So..." Quick, something that didn't have to do with him! "Nice weather today. Kind of warm, right?" he asked, looking up at the sunny sky. The weather here could turn in an instant, of course, but for now it was pleasantly mild. "Not a cloud in the sky, too!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm
SilverLutz

Omba scoffed at the snow pelt's effort to defend himself and his place in the pride. Whatever he thought helping meant, Omba was certain the pride would get along just fine without him. If this place could even be called a pride, after what that Queen had done to it. He grunted and shook his head.

"It's never warm here," the old lion grunted ruefully, looking up at the sky. True, the sun was out, but it would never be enough to melt all the snow, or lift the temperature very high. They would always be cold: just some days they were less cold than others.

Yay.

Yet he chose to live here, and always had. That was one thing he could not blame on the new curse or the snow pelts. He would not leave, either, because of stubborn pride and a loyalty he could not shake, regardless of his bitter and angry attitude.

"But at least we get to be reminded what the sun looks like. I'll take like this over blizzards, I guess."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:51 pm
Tikahn wasn't sure what to say to this lion. It was like walking around a pile of sleeping cubs. Really terrifying sleeping cubs. One wrong move and they'd be on him like stink on a warthog. He was glad the weather comment didn't seem to ruffle the lion's feathers too much, so he continued in that vein.

"You know, if you took up a job that sent you out into the rouge lands, you could enjoy some really hot weather," he offered. "It makes coming back here a relief," he added, chuckling just a bit. "Makes you appreciate what we have. It really is rare to find snow here! I've never seen it anywhere else."

That didn't mean it wasn't out there, of course, but in the areas he traveled in, their home was the only respite from the blazing heat. Of course, he could understand how others missed that kind of weather, especially the older groups. The cold didn't sit well in their joints and made them move even slower than usual.

"Not saying you should change jobs, of course," he added quickly. "Just a suggestion."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:28 pm
SilverLutz

Omba glared at Tikahn, tail flicking behind him in irritation. He was apparently trying to maintain his calm, but it was rapidly becoming obvious to him that there was very little patience left in him. Particularly for this overly friendly snow pelt that somehow got it in his head that Omba wanted to make a friend today.

He didn't.

In fact, he was pretty sure he never started a day with that goal.

"I think I'll stick with the job I have now," he grunted, growling his words out through his teeth. He dug his claws into the ground and debated his options. If he started a fight with this lion, he could get in some very real trouble. He had no idea that the Queen was in love with this guy, but he did know that hurting other pride members would get him in massive trouble, and even thrown out. He was too old to find a new home.

"You need to learn how to keep your feet under you, snow pelt. But if you're out in the rogue lands falling down, I guess that's not so bad." He grunted and turned away, moving to stalk off.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:51 pm
Tikahn felt his own claws come out as he watched the larger male shift irritably, but his were not for defense. No, he was gripping the ground, ready to flee. While the other lion might be bigger and stronger, even in his older age, Tikahn was very confident in his speed. He could get out to the ice if need be. It didn't seem this lion liked the snow and cold very much, so dashing to the lake might give him an advantage.

Thankfully, a fight didn't seem to be brewing. Just grumpy words from a grumpy lion. Tikahn nodded very slightly and shifted his weight to his hind feet, ready to turn and leave.

"I'll be sure to practice a bit more, then. Nice talking!" he called politely over his shoulder before trotting away, not wanting to cause any problems. Note to self...stay away from the old grumpy guy! That was one hornet's nest of trouble he didn't need to stick his nose into.

Lithiasaur
Last post from me!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:03 am
SilverLutz

Omba watched the other lion as he turned to leave, grunting and shaking his head. What a waste of time. That lion was never going to get anywhere, of that Omba was sure.

He had no idea, of course, that Tikahn and the Queen were close. Though, really, it likely would not mean all that much to the grump, who saw nothing redeeming in the snow pelts.

Let them all just stick to each other, or better yet, just leave the pride all together. That would make the grumpy lion happy, at last. If anything could, anyway.

He turned and let the other leave, though, and headed in a different direction. He grumbled the whole time.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas