ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:26 pm
User Image
Sweeping dens, helping with mundane chores... Astrid went through all the motions with as much gusto as the next Thrall, she supposed. But she couldn't help but shake the feeling that she'd seen this before. Watching lesser creatures scurry about and do what they were told by her or someone else, someone large... but thinking often had her head hurting, and she would quickly give up the thought.
At the moment she was taking a memo from one member to another, constantly repeating it in her head, though she was sure it was nothing but nonsense. Since the moment she'd gotten enthralled and brought here, she was the butt of a few jokes, and although she wouldn't openly complain, being well-fed and unabused physically [except on a rare occasion or two], it wasn't quite the life she'd have liked. But, she supposed, as she rounded another bend in the path, it was better than starving out in the open because she couldn't catch a bug or bird. She flushed at the thought, and wasn't exactly paying attention to where she was going.

Annchen
All you really need to know is that her father was a viking and kept her away from men, considering none good enough. She herself doesn't remember anything about such a past besides her name, lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:08 am
ChezaRain

User ImageThe winds of change had come and went, leaving the pride to settle in a new equilibrium. Torbjörn hadn't been challenged this season, but he did have many new events to add to his knowledge. To amuse himself he recited the name of the pride's Warlords from the beginning of history up to the present day.

"...Gunne, Aesir, Njal and Ruzski!" he finished. He wondered how many more Warlords he'd have to add to that list in his lifetime. It was impossible to guess. In Torbjörn's opinion this was the strength of the Stormborn. The Warlord would only rule as long as he was the strongest lion for the job, making sure that the best would lead their pride.

Ruzki had changed his name, but he had still picked a foreign sounding one. Just as well, maybe. He was an Outlander and it would be strange to hide that origin. Torbjörn found the new Warlord's lineage disappointingly short since not much was known about his life before joining them. But then Aesir had been a blank slate too, so to speak, and his family had grown quickly after his rise to power. Warlord Ruzki would surely start sowing his seeds as soon as he could.

"We do not sow," he said to himself and chuckled. "But still there are new litters almost every day." They took what they needed from the lesser beings in the Outlands and usurped the strongest of the Outlanders.

A flash of red in the corner of his eye made him turn his head. Wasn't that?

"Astrid?" he asked, wondering if he could be mistaken. But she sure looked a lit like the Astrid he remembered. Not as well fed or well groomed, but still... He rarely forgot a face, or the color and pattern of someone's fur for that matter.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:31 am
Hearing her name on someone's tongue besides her own startled the poor lioness enough that she froze in place. A battle waged in her head to either finish her task or to see why her name was mentioned, and the latter finally won, causing her to backtrack a few steps and eye the pale-colored male. He wasn't someone she'd had to run a task for before, but she doubted she could remember every face of this pride having just been here a short while. "Pardon?" She quickly blushed, "Ah, er, I mean... shoot, how do you normally greet again? I'm terribly sorry..." She lowered her head instinctively, in case he should try to take a whack at her, and found the little bit of spine she needed, "Did you call my name, Astrid?"

Annchen

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:11 am
ChezaRain

Astrid's behaviour didn't match what he remembered about her, but it had been quite some time since he last saw her. People changed. Memories came flooding back as he tried to recall as much as he could about her. Remembering was a fun game for him, but he wasn't as accurate when it came to details about regular freeborn. He still needed to remember them, of course. If the Lawspeakers didn't remember who was in the pride, who would? And Astrid, she had left the pride at some point, or according to a few unsavory sources thrown herself off the cliffs, or snuck off to hide unplanned cubs. He hadn't thought much about it at the time, but he remembered that Hador had made a scene about it.

"Astrid Hadorsdottir," he exclaimed, "It is you! I haven't seen you since..."

Since forever... Since he was young enough to look like a threat to Hador's pretty daughter... He was sure most males in his generation had received a hurring* or two for looking in her general direction. Her father was notoriously possessive, so you didn't have to do much to attract his attention. Be male. Walk past their den... In fact, Hador would probably still consider him a threat to his lovely little daughter, if he hadn't died a few seasons ago.

((*whack! (you get the idea)))  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:25 am
Her eyes widened in surprise, staring at him for the longest moment before finally speaking. "Hadorsdottir? What is that? It... it sounds familiar..." She thought on it a moment, and immediately winced and shook her head, unable to keep to that train of thought.
"I'm afraid I don't... remember you... should I?" The frown that settled over her face was almost devastating, as she was well aware she didn't know much more about herself than most, and the blank pages of her own history tormented her quite often.
"Do I know you? How do you know my name?"

Annchen

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 am
ChezaRain

Something was off with the way she behaved, but Torbjörn didn't know how to point it out in a polite way. He wasn't really surprised she didn't remember him. Before he earned the rank of Lawspeaker he hadn't been a very noteworthy lion. He spent more time training than brawling, and memorizing things wasn't really a good party trick unless you were a bard.

"Oh, I suppose not," he said, "But your father chased me away on more than one occasion, so I remember you. You might remember my father I guess. He was still a Lawspeaker when you left."

She seemed genuinely confused, and it might not be just because she didn't remember him.

"You do remember your father, do you?" he asked gently, "Hador?"

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am
She scrunched up her nose slightly, trying to recall some image of family other than a dark shadow hovering over her every waking moment, but could recall nothing.
She sighed and shook her head feebly, "I really... don't remember anything besides my name. I... my father was from here? I'm from here?" She repeated the name to herself in her head and really took in Tor's appearance, scrutinizing the little details, trying to at least remember seeing his tail, as it was certainly interesting enough to have at least some kind of remembrance, surely?
It had to be some mistake, she guessed, and inched a step back, trying to recall what errand she had been on only moments before.

Annchen
My replies feel horribly short. |D

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:29 am
ChezaRain
No worries! I'm a bit surprised over Torbjörn's chattiness

Oh, wow. Something must have happened to her while she was gone. He frowned, trying to make sense of the situation. He was fairly sure this was Astrid, and not some kind of dead ringer with the same name. But what had happened to her, and where had she been?

"Of course you're from here," he said, "Why else did you come back?"

He had a nagging feeling he might know, but for her sake he hoped she was wrong.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:37 am
Astrid, at this point, was noticeably embarrassed, "Well.. I um... got.. caught...?" The last word came out as barely a murmur, and her ear folded against her head.
But, it only took a moment for her to glance back in his direction, "Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else... er, what was your name?" It was little to hope for, she had to admit, but being a Thrall wasn't quite as exciting as being one of the pride would be.
She just wished she had some hinkering of a memory to go on to at least prove this lion right or wrong, so she didn't feel like such a fool for falling for a prank or if someone else were to come along and prove her hopes wrong and this lion confused.

Annchen

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:43 am
ChezaRain

"I'm sure," Torbjörn said, and his stony expression left little room to argue. He wanted to ask her where she'd been, but that might just upset her further if she had truly lost her memory. He'd have a talk with whoever brought her back as a thrall. This was not acceptable! The way some Stormborn treated thralls... He surely hoped she'd managed to avoid the more unsavory characters.

"I'm sorry," he said, "My name is Torbjörn and I'm a Lawspeaker. I can vouch for the fact that you are a freeborn and not a thrall."

A thought crossed his mind...

"Were you on an errand just now?"

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:57 am
Astrid offered a soft smile, "Then I'll believe you." As he mentioned her errand, she made a slight face, "Well, yes... though I suppose it was only a joke, since it was only random nonsense and not an actual... note. I'm lucky that most of my errands have been such... but I should carry it out, at least." Of course, she wouldn't mention the small percentage that were horrifying, not wanting to have anyone feel any kind of way for her mistreatment, or so Tor would make it seem.
"Torbjörn... I'll be sure to remember your name properly, as I should think I owe you. You could easily have said you were mistaken and left me to my own..."

Annchen

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:12 pm
ChezaRain

"I admire your dedication," he said, "But I don't think that's a good idea. Give me the name of the lion that sent you. I'm sure they'll be understanding."

They better be. She was still at risk until she was officially recognized as Stormborn again, and he would hate to have her get in trouble before he could get that little detail sorted. He'd have to talk to Toumas... Yes, it would probably be easier to find him than to find the First speaker. He looked at Astrid and considered their options. A priestess might be able to get her memories sorted, but that would have to wait. Right now he needed to know that she was safe somewhere and wouldn't be mistaken for a delirious thrall.

"Come with me," he said, "I can drop you off with someone friendly while I get everything sorted."

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:22 pm
She nodded and quickly took up following hi, "I suppose I can tell you whom when all this is properly sorted out." At least then, she made a note to herself, that there wouldn't be any repercussions other than an upset lion that lost a toy.
She watched Tor a moment, sheer fondness decorating her face, before giving her own fur a once-over, only glancing up to make sure she wasn't running into him as she properly waited to see which way they were headed, "Lead the way and I'll gladly follow." She couldn't help the giggle that followed, feeling quite like a cub again in giddiness.
She hoped the one her knew was indeed a friendly lion.

Annchen

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:20 am
It was amazing how quickly Astrid shrugged off the meek demeanor of a thrall, and once again started to behave like the freeborn she was. Torbjörn wasn't as hardcore traditionalist as some, but nevertheless it reinforced the notion that being born here made a lion special. It made sense since only the strongest were ever let in. And Astrid came from strong family lines.

Somehow it didn't bother him when she transformed from thrall to girl. He sometimes had trouble interacting with females in a relaxed manner. Torbjörn did just fine when he was carrying out his work. As a Lawspeaker it didn't really matter why was standing in front of you, or the gender of the person asking for advice. Perhaps that was it. Astrid needed his help, and he knew what to do to help her. There was no time to second guess his words or actions today. If only it could be this easy to interact with the other females of the pride. He had to marry sometime, to keep the family line going. His flighty brother showed no signs of settling down, but perhaps he would if one of his flirts ended up heavy with cubs. He'd have to claim them then!

But Torbjörn couldn't count on that happening... No, the weight of continuing their family line was on his shoulders. He heaved a silent sigh, but then dismissed that thought. It wasn't important right now.

"Nearly there," he said and offered Astrid a reassuring smile, "We'll get this misunderstanding sorted in no time!"

ChezaRain
Good place to end this?

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out