[PRP] He's With Me (Ezen x Elsa) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image Ezen made his rounds of the island slowly and deliberately. He was a huge lion and his strides were quite long, so it took him a bit longer to move his limbs through the snow than the average feline. He sank further in as well, so he had to lift his legs extra high out of the snow after a fresh blanket covered the lands. He didn't mind, though. He loved the snow. Elsewhere in the savanna he found he got far too hot, thanks to his heavy coat, so the snowy isle was the only area in all of Africa that he would roam.

He was on a mini mission today while making his rounds. Elsa had been keeping out of sight since he saw her last with that other lion, and it was starting to bother him. He was supposed to protect her, but how was he to do that if she wasn't around? He had a feeling she was with that other lion...Tikahn? A thorn in his side, that's what he was.

Ezen grumbled softly as he moved through the trees, eyes darting this way and that as he continued his ponderous movement. He almost considered calling out to her, but thought better of it. His voice had the tendency to scare those around him and, while he was thankful for the gift, right now he didn't need a stampede of terrified cubs getting in his way.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 pm
SilverLutz

The Queen always preferred being at home, in her pride lands, than being out in the rogue lands. Being out there was very important, of course, and she had a lot to do to help her home by being out in the rogue lands. Still, this was her home and it was always good to be there. She was happiest here, especially with her dear friend Tikahn around. If she could even get away with just calling him a friend at this point.

She blushed under her fur as she padded along, wondering how she was going to explain to Ezen that Tikahn was safe, when she could not even put their relationship into proper words inside her own mind.

She was looking for her protector when he was looking for her. She found him on his usual path and padded up toward him, smiling gently. For as long as she knew him, she was very comfortable with him, despite his size and the severe way he could react to anything that threatened her. She knew he meant well, and all he wanted to do, at the end of the day, was protect her.

"Ezen! It's good to see you. After last time, I thought we could talk a bit..." she cleared her throat sheepishly, not bringing her eyes up to meet his. In some ways, he was the only family she had left, and she did not want to disappoint him.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 pm
Ezen turned as he heard the snow crunching under a new set of paws, and his expression relaxed as he saw who it was. Elsa. Thank the gods. He turned himself around to face her as she approached, bowing his head respectfully, but also out of relief.

"You had me worried," he said, his voice deep and slow as his movements. "I haven't seen you in a few days now." He lifted his head again and peered down at the smaller lioness, catching her soft words and embarrassed stance.

"Yes...talking would be very much appreciated," he murmured. "There are some things I think I need cleared up. But," Ezen said, pausing for a moment. He looked around the open area they were in and shook his head. The queen didn't need to stand here in the snow and talk to him about...well. Whatever she wanted to talk about. He assumed it had to do with where she'd been, or why she'd been ducking out of sight.

"Perhaps we should find a better place to talk."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 pm
SilverLutz

"I'm sorry, I know I've been wandering off too much recently. I promise to let you know the next time I leave the pride. Soon, in fact, because I have to go and ah... well, look for more members and find some allies, again. I will keep trying my best with that, but I wanted to spend a little time at home first."

She had not regretted that choice.

Everything about her seemed lighter. Her worries were distant, her self doubt and self consciousness were gone. At least for now. The look in her eyes was bright and they seemed to glimmer as she looked at Ezen, everything seeming brighter and happier than it had been for a while. She swished her tail behind her and chuckled a bit at his concern. It was very Ezen.

"Yes, of course. Let's just walk, hm? I'm sure no one will be too concerned." She nodded and started an easy pace, looking up at him as she walked beside him. She was not anywhere near his height. "I just hope you're not mad with me, I don't mean to make you worry, and I promise I'm not doing anything dangerous."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:26 pm
Ezen kept the frown on his face, mostly because he didn't like the idea of Elsa going off to other prides on her own. That was, in his mind, incredibly dangerous. What if the prides were not friendly? What if they captured her? There were those out there that would, he knew.

"So long as you tell me where you're going and when to expect you back," he said, his deep voice giving away his dislike for her going out on her own. At the very least he could organize a search and rescue party. Of course, this wasn't something new that Elsa had done, and each time she had come back safe and sound. Each time Ezen asked her for a time frame in which to expect her back too, though, so by now the queen was surely aware of his concern.

He began to walk at her command, lifting his head to gaze ahead of them. They were nearly out of the woods and into a clearing that overlooked the lake. "You know that whenever you're not in my sight I worry," Ezen said, although there wasn't any accusation in his tone. "That's how I am. Mad...I'm not sure I could be mad with you." She was the queen after all. Even if he didn't like something she did, he went along with it anyway. The only time he'd ever go against her wishes is if she were in danger.

"But please. Tell me all about what you've been doing and where you've been to take some of the concern from my mind."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 pm
SilverLutz

Elsa felt very silly, and she wondered if this was how a young lioness felt when trying to confess their first crush to their parents. She had never had the chance, her family dying early and leaving her alone with her guardians and court most of her life. She grew close to those that were not her blood, but kept herself mostly isolated and reserved. Sharing was difficult, especially something so very new and personal.

But she would feel too guilty if she continued to frustrate poor Ezen, who was just trying to do his job and she was making it impossible.

"I know you just want to protect me, and I love you for it. But recently... I've just been distracted, I suppose... trying to help the pride, and be stronger for everyone during this difficult time. I didn't notice how very alone I was feeling, until... well. I know you did not like him when you first met, but Tikahn... the lion I was playing with on the ice when you found us... he's uhm. He's..."

She felt her fur warming and she couldn't help the giggle that bubbled in her throat as she looked at her paws helplessly. She felt light hearted and a bit giddy, at the same time as being anxious and tense. She forced herself to look up at the big, fluffy protector she had at her side.

"I think I'm falling in love with him..."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:19 pm
Ezen turned his gaze back to Elsa once they were through the trees, no longer needing to keep an eye out for low hanging branches. As she spoke he clenched his teeth together, narrowing his eyes slightly as he thought. The lion he'd seen her with...yes, he knew the one. The little cowering male that had knocked Elsa off her feet.

As she continued, though, his ears went up in surprise and the slightly angry face turned to one of shock. Love? It seems he'd swept her off her feet in more ways than one.

The large lion was silent for a while. It was clear to him that Elsa was obviously happy. She had nearly giggled just mentioning Tikahn. He had grown up in the pride, Ezen knew, so it wasn't as if he was coming here to steal her away or to try to take over the pride. He wasn't even sure the other lion understood what capturing Elsa's heart might mean for him. He certainly wasn't very kingly material.

"Falling isn't safe, no matter what kind it is," he muttered. "I understand why you might feel lonely, but please consider the lion you've chosen to chase. He's...well. To put it bluntly, a bit of a coward. From what I saw at least." Granted, he had only seen him for about five minutes, and any lion in their right mind that saw him bearing down on them would probably instantly go into submissive mode unless they had a death wish.

"Still. He's not. A bad. Lion, I suppose," he muttered quietly. "Keeps his nose clean, at any rate. Does his job. He's rather clumsy...if he hurts you in any way, I won't be happy."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:29 pm
SilverLutz

Elsa nodded her head sheepishly, shrinking into herself a bit as she walked.

She was not like any other lioness, who could have flights of fancy when they wanted, or fall in love and start a family and pursue a normal life. She was the Queen of a cursed pride, and viewed as the source of that curse. Would her cubs be seen the same way? Would Tikahn, if he got too close to her and others began to notice? The very last thing she wanted to do was ruin his life, and drag him down under the pressures of her life when he was so carefree and gentle.

Was she being selfish?

"Oh Ezen... I don't think I'm chasing him. It's all just... happening, and I don't even know if he really feels the same way... I mean we... I... I know he wouldn't hurt me, you don't have to worry about that. He's so kind... but I... I'll be careful, about my feelings." She was torn, worried about Tikahn now, and pining for him at the same time. What if she was the one who did the hurting?

Who would protect Tikahn from her?

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:43 pm
"Good," Ezen said, his low, rumbly voice happy for the first time since they started to speak. He did notice her change in mood, though, and he lowered his head to her level to speak quietly.

"Don't let my words sway your thoughts," he murmured. "You know I put your safety first, not your feelings. Only you can decide what is or is not good for you, and I have no place to say otherwise. I'm just here to protect you when you need it. Not say what you can and cannot do, or can and cannot love. Even if I do think he's a scrawny, simpering thing," he added, lifting his head to snort.

"So long as he treats you properly I can't argue, though," he said, flicking his tail and some snow towards the lake. "And if you wish it, I will protect him as well as you. Should it ever come to that," he added, turning a serious eye to Elsa. "If this whole...love thing becomes serious. If he returns the sentiment."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:34 pm
SilverLutz

Elsa looked at him and tried to smile, her ears picking up a bit as she did so. She did care about what he had to say, and she needed help like this to help her think clearly. She did not want to be too selfish, to rush into anything more than she already had, if it meant she might hurt someone she cared about. She would not be able to bear losing Tikahn, in any sense of the word, and if keeping a safer distance from him was what it took, then she would consider doing it.

It would be better for him, wouldn't it?

"Oh, I do value what you think, and I know I must make my own decisions. Though you really shouldn't think he's so weak, he really is a much more loyal and sturdy lion than you think... you surprised him on the ice, and he didn't want you to eat him." She smiled brighter still, playfully looking at her guardian and nudging him with her shoulder. She did not come very far up his front arm, but it was close enough to his shoulder to suffice.

"But I would appreciate it if you kept an eye on him. Perhaps not as close a one as you give me... if only because I think he might think you're stalking him and trying to kill him." She shook her head, not sure what the 'love thing' would come to. She was less sure now than she had been at the start, though her feelings had not changed in the slightest. Sometimes her brain just worked too hard, and she thought too much about relatively simple things.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:50 pm
Ezen had to snort. Tikahn had indeed looked as thought he were staring down death when he had come on to the ice. That was good, though. He wanted that respectful fear in the hearts of those in the pride. He was there to protect them, of course, as well as the queen, but should they have any thought of sabotage, he wouldn't be their friend.

"Then keep an eye on him I shall. From a distance," he added, an amused look on his face. It was nice to know the queen wasn't afraid of him, at least. While he did want to have that fear, having at least one friend helped him stay in touch with reality and not turn into some nomadic frozen lion that terrorized the region. Without Elsa it was very possible that he might do that. But he had her, and hopefully another royal family to guard some day, so he'd remain safe and sound in the pride's lands.

"So you were with him these past few days, then," he murmured quietly. "Perhaps if you're intending to spend time with him away from the den, you could leave a mark for me so I know? Then I won't get so worried."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:50 pm
SilverLutz

Elsa smiled at her protector and nodded her head regally. She still held herself like a Queen, though she could relax some times. She had been born and raised knowing the role she would play, but she was finding now that those paw prints needed to be filled, it was difficult for her to find a balance between who she was supposed to be and who she wanted to be. Her nature was gentle, but she needed to be stronger than that. She was working on it, every day.

At least with Ezen around, she felt safe.

"I've been with him, yes. And some times, I go out in the rogue lands, to look for more help. I will tell you when I go out there again, though, because I plan on being away for a little longer, to see what more I can find out there. These short trips are not yielding much." She shook her head slowly, then blushed as she pondered Ezen's suggestion. She was glad her fur was dark enough, despite it's gentle blue, to hide the color of her skin.

"I'll make sure you know when I'm with Ezen, too."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:36 pm
Ezen was quiet for a while after nodding. He had offered to go with her into the rouge lands before, when she had first started doing these little excursions, but she knew his preference for the cold island and his dislike of the sun and strangers. He was better off helping to protect their home while she was gone.

"Thank you. It's all I ask of you," he rumbled quietly, letting his tail gently bump her leg. It wasn't often he showed affection towards others, but if someone were to garner a smile or a gentle touch, it would be Elsa.

"If that was all, it does make me feel better to know what you're doing," he said, lifting his head high once again to stare out over the frozen lake. "Thank you for humoring a paranoid guard."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 pm
SilverLutz

Elsa smiled. She felt warm and fuzzy, and it was a familiar feeling. Though she sometimes forgot it while she was out and about, and dealing with less friendly or more angry lions about her home, she did have good friends. She was not as alone as she thought she was. She had Ezen, after all, and he was more than just a guard. He was loyal and honest, and she adored him for his patience and strength. He was her family, and she could take a lot of comfort in that.

"And thank you for being so paranoid. It helps me have a bit more sense. Different perspectives and all that."

She chuckled and sighed, looking around.

"I should go and check in with some of the fishers and see if the ice has softened enough to begin fishing... I'll be in the pride, of course, so you don't have much to worry about. I might go find Tikahn after that... ah... well. So you know." She chuckled, feeling like she was asking her dad for permission, but she supposed it was not the worst feeling out there.

And she was Queen, so it wasn't like permission was really on the line here. It was just a familial, amusing situation to find herself in.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:52 pm
As Elsa told him where she'd be, Ezen nodded slightly and his expression softened to what might have been his 'happy' face. That is, his brows weren't furrowed and his mouth wasn't tightly clenched together, nor was it scowling. It was probably a resting face for most, but for Ezen it was content and relaxation.

"That sounds like a plan," he said, his deep voice pleased. "I suppose I'll remain here a bit longer to keep watch." He had a good vantage point of the lake and any intruders from here, after all. He was sure no one would come to make trouble - no one had since he'd been alive - but there was no harm in standing guard all the same.

"I wish you a good day," he added, bowing his head low out of respect. "It's always a pleasure to talk with you."

Lithiasaur
Last from me!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces