Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ 1 v 1 ] Training (Alistaire & Evan) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:43 pm
The training fields were not exactly Alistaire's favorite place to be, nor did he find particular comfort in being on it like many of the trainees did here on the island; but he did find it necessary to come in order to improve himself, because if he could not adequately learn to fight, then he could not use that knowledge to his advantage.

So he was there, early one morning, dressed, not in training clothes as one probably ought to have been, but in his normal impeccable style: a pair of dark dress slacks, a dress shirt and vest, his trainee coat, and a pair of pristine white gloves to complete the look.

Clearly he hadn't yet experienced a need to change into something less formal.

Inle-roo

Inle-roo rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:32 pm
Evan was surprised--pleasantly--to find someone out on the training fields before he was. It didn't happen often with the schedule he kept, but it was good to see someone else taking the importance of training seriously.

Even if they didn't seem dressed for it. Well, baby steps. "Morning," Evan called, smiling and friendly, alert and intrigued--even more so when he noticed the emblem on the trainee's coat. He certainly looked like he belonged in the Life labs, but someone must have seen something different in him to warrant putting him in Sun. Well, the more the merrier. "Not often I see anyone else out here this early. Need a partner?"

kuroopu

Inle-roo

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:03 pm
Alistaire turned his head, catching sight of an unfamiliar face. He lifted a brow and smiled in return; though unlike the casual cheerfulness of this particular visitor, Alistaire's smile was careful and calculating, not quite meeting his eyes.

"A partner?" he repeated, winding the chains around his hands and contemplating this question. "Ah. You mean for sparring practice. Well." A pause, deliberate and thoughtful. "I suppose that could be arranged, so to answer your question, yes, I could use a partner."

// FIGHT FIGHT! // Grimshaw growled inside of his head, and Alistaire said coolly, "My name is Alistaire."

Inle-roo

Inle-roo rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 10 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 am
/Yay!/ Gir cheered in Evan's head, giving the approximation of a happy tail wag. Both of them were happy at the prospect of getting to spar against someone they actually felt comfortable fighting back against, and it was always nice to meet new people, too.

"Good to meet you, Al," he replied. I'm Evan, and this," he continued, his weapon materializing in his hand, "is Gir, and he says hello too."

Gir said hello teeth-first against Alistaire's shield, which was his preferred method of greeting new people. And monsters. And pretty much everything else.

((HP: 50/50
Damage: 11 hello
Charge: 1/3; 1/1, 1/1))

kuroopu

Inle-roo

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 pm
The sword collided against Alistaire with a strength he hadn't quite expected right off the bat; the FEAR shield held, of course, but the force behind Evan's swing still sent Alistaire stumbling backwards several inches, which he didn't quite appreciate.

The nickname either. A look of irritation flickered briefly across his face.

"Alistaire," he corrected stiffly. "I don't like nicknames."

HP: 29
DMG: 0

Inle-roo
alistaire I get the feeling ur about 2 embarrass urself...

Inle-roo rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:24 pm
"Alistaire," Evan conceded with a nod, no less cheerful despite his sparring partner's obvious annoyance, though he did wonder why he was just standing there.

"It's okay to hit back, Alistaire," Evan encouraged, poking at Alistaire in the hopes that it might spur him into action. "That's why you have a weapon. You think the monsters are going to wait for an engraved invitation?"

((HP: 50/50
Damage: 2
Charge: 2/3; 1/1, 1/1))

kuroopu
but he will win at dirty looks

Inle-roo

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:49 pm
He tried not to let his irritation show at the man's obvious condescension, Alistaire twisting away from Evan's jabs and swinging the chains around, the daggers held tightly within his gloved hands.

The irritation won out. Alistaire scowled.

"I doubt they would even know such a thing as an engraved invitation existed," he said flatly, and aimed one of the knives at Evan's side, the chains whistling along though the air behind him.

HP: 27
DMG: 5

inle-roo
yes he is good at that

Inle-roo rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 8 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:32 am
Evan grunted as he took the hit, but held his ground, his attention momentarily fixed on the unique weapon. "Figure of speech," he clarified. "Point is, they're not going to hesitate, so you shouldn't either, and they're definitely not going to hold back. That wasn't a bad throw, but you're going to have to hit them harder than that." Another big swing put the exclamation on his point.

((HP: 45/50
Damage: 11
Charge: 3/3; 1/1, 1/1))

kuroopu
puts face in hands i am so sorry

Inle-roo

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:23 pm
The sword caught Alistaire against the side again, sending him staggering to the left. He made a grunt of surprise, hissing through his teeth, and pressed a hand to what would eventually become a spectacular bruise he knew would be there, purpling against his skin.

The thought made him irritated.

"Tell me," said Alistaire, as he twisted the chains, swiping at Evan's side. "Are you this arrogant with all of the new recruits? Judging by your coat, you are not a fully fledged hunter, which means you have little to offer other than unsolicited advice about not standing still - which I have to admit, was at the top of my 'Things I already gathered were necessary' list."

HP: 16
DMG: 4

inle-roo
i d e

Inle-roo rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 pm
/What a rude jerk,/ Gir growled, the runes on the blade flaring with the full charge. /Let's eat him!/

Nah, not yet. This is only playtime, remember? Evan fought to keep the smile on his face with minimal success at the sound of Alistaire's irrational accusations. "Just trying to help," he replied with false cheer as he stepped into Alistaire's attack, rather than away from it, allowing him to retaliate even as he was struck. It didn't hurt, not really, but maybe if Al actually paid attention, he'd have more success.

"I'm not a full hunter--yet--you're not wrong," Evan admitted easily. "But I've got a hell of a lot more combat experience than most of them do, and I'm happy to share it in the interests of keeping you alive. And if you already know you shouldn't stand still, then maybe you should move around more. You've got some range with those chains, but you don't have to stay so far back. Don't be afraid to get in close if you see an opening."

((HP: 41/50
Damage: 4

kuroopu
also drop and give me 20

Inle-roo

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 pm
It had been easily - and quickly - determined upon Alistaire's arrival on the island that he had very much been placed into the wrong division. Sun Hunters, as told not just by Ian, but by others as well, were clearly the brute force of Deus Ex Machina; the mindless soldiers who fought at the front of the lines, who threw themselves headfirst into situations without actually taking the time to analyze beforehand.

Alistaire had decided approximately five minutes after arriving on the island that a division transfer - if such a thing was allowed - would be absolutely necessary for prime utilization of the assets on Deus Ex Machina.

"You certainly seem as though you carry a great deal of information with you," Alistaire said, twisting away from the majority of Evan's blow this time and the chains went flying behind him as he moved, the metal links clinking together.

"Though I never said I cared about staying alive," he said, and slammed the blades into Evan's side.

HP: 12
DMG: 8

inle-roo
omg I'm sorry he's such a d**k /lies on floor

Inle-roo rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 10 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:02 am
"Better," Evan huffed through a proud, sharp smile as the breath was knocked out of him. He didn't resist the momentum of the strike, allowing it to turn him around and put him in a position to shove Aleister away from him with the teeth of his blade. "Anything I can do to help. We might make a Sun out of you yet."

Evan would admit, freely, that he hadn't expected much of a fight out of Aleister, with the way he was dressed for anything other than a fight and his seeming reluctance to fight back. He was always happy to be this kind of wrong, though--even if he did still think that Aleister should invest in a sturdier pair of pants and a t-shirt.

His smile turned a little sad and knowing at the edges as Aleister expressed a lack of regard for his own life. He wouldn't ask for details--everyone had their own reason for joining up, he figured, and it was no one else's business--but he could relate. "You're definitely in the right place then," he replied, "but there's no reason why you can't take as many of those freaks down with you as possible."

((HP: 33/50
Damage:

kuroopu

Inle-roo

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:21 pm
"I don't like the Sun Division," said Alistaire flatly. "I have no intention of staying in an organization that prides itself on brute strength and little to no expertise of knowledge of the history or background involving the situation. The sun insignia on my coat is a mistake; I could never be put into such a division."

He twisted the blades a little, the chains clinking.

"I plan to, at the very least," said Alistaire, and Grimshaw chuckled. "Though I suppose there's little reason to do anything but take those miserable creatures down into hell with us and whoever else is on this terrible island."

One of the blades glanced off of Evan's shoulders.

HP: 7
DMG: 3

inle-roo

Inle-roo rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:30 pm
Now, finally, Alistaire was starting to get to him. Evan could give a damn what some melodramatic little punk said about him, but his loyalties to others ran deep and fierce and largely blind. "You're a trainee," Evan replied, twisting away from Alistaire and his knives. "What do you know about what we do? Just 'cause we're the front line doesn't mean we're cannon fodder."

He probably didn't need to backhand Alistaire with the flat of his sword, but it made him feel better. "No one's making you stay in this division. You can transfer anywhere else and take your death wish with you, as long as you don't make yourself a liability to other people."

((HP: 30/50
Damage: 4

kuroopu

Inle-roo

kuropeco rolled 4 8-sided dice: 5, 4, 5, 4 Total: 18 (4-32)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:55 pm
Ah, there it was; he'd finally pushed the man a little too far, insulting the division. A smile crept its way onto Alistaire's face, the corners of his lips quirking upwards, a blazing look in his eyes. The slap of the sword against him hurt, Alistaire stumbling backwards, but he didn't seem particularly fazed by it.

"I know enough," he said lightly. "And I never said I was staying in this division - in fact, I'm relatively certain I said exactly the opposite."

He swung the knives around, still smiling as he raked them against Evan's side again, his movements slightly slow as the weariness and the pain began to settle in.

"Now who's putting words in my mouth? I never said I had a death wish, merely that I didn't care about staying alive."

He straightened again, breathing hard. The knives dangled at his side.

"Don't worry," said Alistaire. "I have no intention of sullying the name of your precious division by getting in the way of anything."

HP: 3
DMG: 3, 3 = 6

[quotee="inle-roo"]/chucks alistaire out a window  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out