Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Books were the intention... [Trisha/Maple]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:01 am
There was nothing like a good book that could get Maple out of any sort of funk she got herself in, which was pretty usual. Though, she couldn't say she was feeling particularly terrible at the moment; school was going decently and apparently she had managed to dodge some weird dream epidemic that had befallen a few of the other students. Sure, there had been a few nightmares of her own but they were a little... common.

A few days ago, though, she had gotten an squeemail from her aunt, which was a wonder of its own that she had an understanding of modern technology like that when even Maple struggled, let alone her immediate family. But in the letter, the kind witch had told her of a new book series she had stumbled upon and highly recommended it. Finding it in the library was just not going to do it for her.

So, the best place? The maul. Loading up her small purse and putting on one of many cardigans since it was still brisk outside, Maple set out to the place of shopping with one intention. And one alone.

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 am
Trisha was also walking to the Maul. It was a wonderful day to be out. The Wind blew through her hair and tussled her ribbons as she walked.

She had started this journey alone but as she got closer she spotted someone she recognized from the movie. Oh! It was the ghoul with horns. Was that a demon? She looked a little odd for a demon but who knew.

"Hi!" Trisha trotted over to her and walked right next to the ghoul who's head probably ran about her shoulder height. Was she a cow demon? Trisha loved her fellow herd animals. There was no reason for her not to collect in a herd with this ghoul.

"What are you here for?"

chirigami

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:31 am
Was Maple paying attention to her surroundings? No. She was looking down at the list she had printed out from her dear aunt, trying to figure out which books went in which order - it had odd time travel in it, many things intersected apparently and so some story lines diverged - and how many she would be able to purchase in one go.

So, she felt herself jerk a little in surprise when she heard a greeting so close to her and wondered if it was actually for her. But, it was cheery and filled with mirth and for a second she thought it was Simply, which would be all signs pointing to yes if that was the case. But who Maple saw when she turned her head was not the fox ghoul at all and it took her a beat to place her as a ghoul from the movies. "O-oh, h-hello," Maple awkwardly stammered out as usual, brushing a stay hair behind her ear. This ghoul gave her a ribbon, didn't she? It had been put on her dresser.

"I'm ... um..." my aunt told me of a series I should read, would have been a good explanation. Instead she simply went with, "b-books."

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 am
"Oh books? I like books. My father would sit and read with me as a scarling." Trisha laughed a little. "What kind of books do you like? You don't mind if I tag along do you? Of course not." Trisha pulled a ribbon from her purse, she had gotten into the habit of just carrying around extra everywhere with her due to certain boils and them needing them. It looked like this ghoul could use one too. But Trisha didn't give it to her right away, perhaps they could go shopping for things besides books to.

She played with the ribbon in her hands twisting it as she walked as if she had known Maple for a long time instead of just met.

chirigami

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:35 pm
It honestly left Maple surprised that she had gotten such a response. It was rather positive and not off putting, the other ghoul didn't seem to be turning up her nose at her bookworm nature. "O-oh, m-my m-mother used to read t-to me.. until I c-could read.. th-them m-myself." The witch replied softly as a soft sort of smile actually spread upon her lips. "B-but m-my Aunt.. g-gets m-me into a f-few d-different series... us-usually f-fantasy st-stories."

She didn't seem to mind really that the other ghoul seemed to just sort of invite herself along on her little trip, not really. Not that she had a chance to say no anyways, so Maple simply mumbled an 'alright' and just pulled in a little on herself. "It's.. n-not t-taking you away fr-from your t-task.. is it?"

phantompanther13
- don't mind me, just fixing my color tag

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 am
"I don't read them quiet as often as my parents would like. It's hard to sit still for more than a while, unless it's a really good book. Even then, I tend to sort of stop in the middle sometimes." she laughed and twisted her ribbon some more. "I think I might have 4 or five laying around half read. I'm better with short stuff like poetry. You can sit read a little and then come back later. What kind of fantasy are you looking for now?"

Tisha smiled at the question about herself. "I came for more ribbons." Trisha smiled. "I seem to have lost them all in Aki's room. I think I just need to start gathering them up and putting them on him again he never put them on himself." Aki may have been a student or a younger brother or a mini pet, it was hard to tell.

chirigami

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:25 pm
Half finished books? Well, that warranted a frown from the young witch. She had a few from time to time but only few a few days at most, nothing remained unfinished unless it was a potions book or a spell book, something with recipes that needed to be devoured over over time. Even then, she would try to read through them at least once. And this ghoul didn't seem at all bothered by it, just playing with her ribbon.

Maybe she was thinking too much of it? Probably, Maple tightened her lips and looked down at her crumbled paper in her hands. "It's a s-series b-by," she straightened out the sheet just a little to read the name once again to get it right, "Siggy B-Bog, m-my aunt t-told m-me its a st-story of a young female g-grim r-reaper and she g-goes on an adventure and m-meets other c-creeple along the way." She was keeping it rather short, due to stuttering issues, didn't want to bore Trisha as they began to veer in the immediate direction of the book store. They soon found themselves at some escalators, "there is a m-main b-book b-but there are also s-side b-books, like if sh-she m-made different d-decisions and s-some with t-time travel." It sounded very interesting to her. And part of her kept thinking her aunt was more or less trying to tell her something about decisions and paths and choices. The lead was a female reaper after all, not too far off from herself.

"P-putting the ri-ribbons on h-him m-might solve your pr-problem?" Maple then added to Trisha's sort of problem, "you'd kn-know where the-they were then..." Even if she exactly wasn't sure who this Aki was, she gathered it wasn't a mini though given the information that he had a room but now she was leaning more towards a fellow student since this seemed more of a recent problem.

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:02 am
"Oh time travel? so you get to see different futures of the same people? That sounds fun. There are so many different possibilities." she smiled. The only possibilities Trisha could think of were bright and shiny and one with someone's head being bitten off only to be replaced with brighter and shinier.

"I do put them on him. he tends to take them off or loose them eventually. It's fine though, he really does like them." Trisha looked at the escalator pausing a long moment before taking a tentative step onto it. "I hate stairs." she moaned a bit. at least it was moving stairs. Still Trisha was very much not fond of the thing that always seemed to catch a hoof.

chirigami
2 months later. OPL

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:06 pm
Maple gave the other ghoul a small nod at her inquiry of information, "s-sometimes.. the w-what ifs... are m-more interesting," she mumbled. Of course it brought to mind a few personal happenstances she had dreamed during her time at school; those alternate plains of existence and all. "B-but ... a lot of t-times the m-main st-storyline seems t-to have the b-better outcomes..." If only it could be said about her own life. The ghoul sighed.

And then sighed again, following up with a sort of look to Trisha about statement about stairs. If only the other ghoul knew. If only she knew the true trial about stairs! (Even if it was some sort of dream, but that nightmare they had been all the same!) The witch said nothing and simply turned away before she did actually say something in regards.

"It m-must b-be terrible t-to lose th-them, b-but at l-least its j-just ribbon?" She offered instead. This Aki wasn't losing books or hard to replace items, right? Hopefully. Everyone did regard everything differently, and Maple cringed inwardly in hopes she didn't offend her companion.

phantompanther13

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff