PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:42 am
User Image

CHILD TEEN

Name: America

Pokemon: Shiny Braviary

Stage: Teen

Player: Sabra Knight

Artist: Orpheus Solon

This journal belongs to Sabra Knight, no posting without permission.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:09 pm
Rules!
* Follow all shop and Gaia rules.
* Please don't steal the art as it belongs to J'W and Orphy.
* Only post in here if ya have permission to do so, or if you are a member of the staff.

Navigation!
Staff Post
General Tutorial
America
Rufflet/Braviary
Relationships
Reqs

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:01 pm
★♛ America ♛★
Nickname: Meri
Stage: Child
Sexuality & Status: Unknown & Single
Height: Slightly taller for his age.
Weight: Sturdy but light. (Gotta fly!)
Nature: Over Protective

Flying / Heights / Wind
Edith’s hugs
Blood, gore, that stuff
Exploring the great, wide unknown!

Dislikes:
Glitter
Thunder Storms
Bullies / jerks -> I will cut you!
Humans and trainers ((Off of my Edith! D< ))
Staying still for too long
Being coddled
Seeing Edith in pain/sad/angry

Skill Set:

Aerial Ace, Air Slash, Fury Attack, Slash

Personality: America is a very bold child who will definitely make his voice heard. Tough to the very end the stubborn guy will only show a soft side around his little sister Edith. Rather than using a lot of words himself Meri’s fists often do the talking for him as he can’t understand any other form of compromise until he’s standing on top.

He loves adventure, but is often on edge when Edith is with him for fear of her getting injured. As such he may come off as over protective, but that’s because once he finds something dear to him he’ll cling to it to the end. Also receiving compliments from those he cares about is a weakness of his as he can be easily convinced into a situation through tugging at his pride. Showing off his skills after all is a highlight of his life. ;3

To strangers however he appears as a gruff child who tends to glare more often than smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:04 pm
Rufflet/Braviary  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:06 pm
Relationships

☆ Edith -> My lovely little sis. (Don't you dare think of talking to her because she's so cute. :U ) Seriously though America would do anything for his sister to keep her safe and happy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:13 pm
Requirements!

=Child-> Teen

2 Months Time (April 28 - June 28 )
1 Response to the growths/changes caused by the star they found
n.a (Bought as a child)
4 PDs - Edith, Riley, Kole Edith Again
2 Solo RPs or Journal Entries - [x] [x]
1 Skill Learned - [x]
1 Evolution! - Becoming a Braviary!

Stage: Teen

Pokemon Breed: Rufflet

Evolving: Yes - Braviary Shiny!

Hair Style: Basically this [x] but with the colors reversed (the red and blue swapped) since he is a shiny but with a low ponytail maybe as well like in this image? [x] Since he has feathers in the front, but more normal white hair in the back.

Eyes: Violet-Gray eyes

Attitude/Nature: Still protective, more prone to anger though since he is so short tempered and can only be calmed by his sister. Loves to fight his way around and is very stubborn about things.

Clothing Style: A few earrings in one ear, just simple hoops. A leather necklace around his neck with some pendant *even a feather if ya want* on it. Other than that he wears casual sleeveless hoodies and such. [x] -> Loose idea. Maybe a messenger bag as well or something hanging from his shoulders and a bandage here or there from fighting if you want.

Body Style: Slightly taller than other teens, muscular

*Perhaps a nice scar or two along his arms? A faint one even going down his cheek is fine as well. He's been pretty beat up from fights. XD

Pokemon Features: Big powerful Wings, Feathers (the feathers in his hair along with the red marking on the braviary's forehead), Tail feathers

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:10 pm
[Solo]

Another busy morning. Crinkling his nose against the smell of the city America began his rounds. How do people stand this place? All the tall buildings blocked out the skies and the smog ruined the fresh scent of the wind. It was far better out in the forest and in the skies above where things weren’t ruined by the humans. “At least my deliveries aren’t so bad today.” While normally the rufflet had taken to delivering whatever he could find for whoever he could work for the boy had run into a whimsicott the other day. The guy had promised him a steady job as long as he came early in the mornings and on Wednesdays and Thursdays…odd days to pick but America was fine by it.

I wonder what he gets into though that he can’t do deliveries himself? Frowning America just stared into the flower shop window. Funny also how humans would order these flowers and bouquets tied up so funny when the real things were just outside. Why didn’t they just go pick their own? Once again America found himself shaking his head. Whatever. Their loss is my profit.

Still though as he tightened his hold on the messenger bag that hung at his side the rufflet flushed. His first memory of trying this wasn’t the best since he had thought it would be perfectly fine to fly with a bouquet of wild daisies free in his hands. Of course that thought had been destroyed just like the bouquet had while he was flying. How was I supposed to realize that bouquets were so delicate? All those petals falling in the air behind him while when he landed only stems remained.

At least Ilmari wasn’t such a bad guy.

“Here, kid.” The teen had thrust a package towards America, “I figure this might be something you would need.”

“Eh?” Scrunching his nose America protested “I know I made a mistake, but really…”

“Just look at it.”

“Fine.” But instead of some nasty trick or discipline it was something unexpected. America’s gaze widened as he held out the sturdy messenger bag that looked like it could hold anything. There was even a part that could zip to keep things tucked inside and an area to tie a basket to so that he could fly with even more things. It was much better than the hole filled bag he had and far better than just using his arms! Blinking the rufflet looked over towards Ilmari, “Are…are you sure? It looks rather nice.”

Ilmari chuckled, “It’s perfectly fine by me. Mitsaki had a couple lying about so I figured it would be smart giving you one. “

“So I don’t maul anymore deliveries?” He grumped sharply. Don’t even try being nice to me. He knew better than to rely on the niceness of others. Didn’t everyone always have some motive?

“That could be a reason.” Ilmari smiled, “As is you should definitely be fine now and here…the list for today.” With that he handed over a box full of flowers, each decorated beautiful and featuring their own little address card, “You sure you got this?”

America nodded, “Yep.”

And so he left on his way to delivery more flowers…but now hanging at his side was a messenger bag that the rufflet would secretly treasure and keep safe. Not that he was thankful or anything! Still…it was nice having something to call his own like this. Now onto deliveries so I can get paid! Maybe he’d buy Edith a treat or something since today had actually been a pretty good day.

(600)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:11 pm
[Solo 2]

Jingle…jingle

America’s wings swished behind him as he walked with his messenger bag proudly at his side. He had spent the day doing deliveries and now that he had some extra money from them he was determined to put it to good use. It’s not just because Ilmari gave me this messenger bag or anything. The boy flushed lightly as he continued through the crowd of people. Who thought delivering flowers could be so worthwhile? The thought made him smirk before a sign caught his attention.

Gloria’s Goodies?

What was this place? His interest peeking up the rufflet headed towards the strange direction. Immediately when the door opened before him he was overwhelmed by the fresh smell of baked goods. Was this…some type of store? His gaze widened as he noticed the lines of goodies behind a glass display. What was all of this?

“Cake…” Frowning he was glad he had learned reading for deliveries, but aggravated cause some of the words didn’t make sense to him. Like what were Danishes or Parfaits? They looked strange…but still smelled pretty good. He had his nose pressed up against the glass in his concentration when a middle aged human came towards him.

“May I help you?” Surprisingly enough she seemed nice and was rather laughing at him for his actions than chastising him, “You can’t really eat them through the glass you know.”

“So all this stuff…is edible?”

“Boy you act like you haven’t had sweets before…” Her voice trailed off as she noticed his serious expression, “Alright then. How do we fix this?”

“Huh?”

“Surely you came in here to buy something. I can help you out.”

“Eh?”

“Half price or something even. I have plenty of extras and it’s late so a lot has to go tonight anyways.”

“Oh…wait…what?”

Soon enough after trying a cookie, something so very delicious, America found his bag full of goodies from the bakery. Something like a piece of strawberry cake, some chocolate cookies, even a loaf of fresh bread from the day. It had all been so good to smell and to try…the rufflet flushed. Not that he was letting that woman baby him or anything! He had the money so he had given it to her for them…it wasn’t his fault that she refused to take the full price for them. He had offered though to let her use him for deliveries in the future. That would work out right?

Look at how manly I am. America chuckled. Edith big brother is so masculine with his scary deliveries of flowers and cakes. It almost made him miss the shady deals he had started out with in the backstreets. Those deals hadn’t done much for him save for a piece of money here and there with some random food item. These jobs actually gave him things. He smiled. As much as he didn’t like humans at least some of them did well. It was nice going out on the bright streets to delivery letters and packages across the city rather than dodging through dark corners to delivery some mystery package.

Maybe just maybe he was getting soft though.

After treating Edith to this stuff tonight I suppose I’ll go out and try training tomorrow…

He couldn’t let himself get too soft after all.

What type of big brother would do that?

(557)

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:17 pm
PD: Meeting Riley?

America hated how boring flying routes could be. The boy always found that the straight routes back and forth between the city stores and homes was very lack luster. He much prefered diving through the air currents above the forest trails and the mountains. The wind was much fresher and more alive there than that smog of the city. Today though he had decided that his morning errands were enough so now was time to fish. Tossing his bag over his shoulder the rufflet decided to fly away from the nasty city and back towards his forest home where the river ran.

There were some good fishing spots out that way after all and he was eager to try them. Perhaps tonight would be a good night to fry some fish for Edith and him. He smiled warmly at the thought. He already had gotten some bread and fruit for his deliveries this morning after all. That should go well with the sodapop he had also acquired for them. A rare treat and a good one at that. Another rare smile lit up the boy's face as he dove towards the trees.
Today he was determined, would be a good day!

For Riley, today actually was a good day. He'd woken up and his sister was sick! It had been her turn for a training day with him, and he'd woken up to the delightful news that there would be no training that day. Perhaps a little more pleased than he should have been, he took the opportunity to take a little trip in the woods. He'd deemed the city too dangerous, and was determined to keep himself clear of it when out alone. Still, it was nice to have alone time, and he contently walked along the edge of the river he'd found, listening to it bubble and play as it flowed along.
As America dove down from the skies he noticed a small figure moving along the river as well. But it was too late for him to fix his dive so the rufflet found himself skimming over the waters like normal with his feet running on the cool surface before he touched land. As happy as he had been in the skies America's gaze turned cold as he noticed the stranger. Another poke-human in this area? And he was...awkwardly glowing none-the-less. How strange.

Pursing his lips the boy crossed his arms stubbornly, "I don't know who you are, but this is my fishing spot." With that said he began to unpack and bring out the rod and wires he had for it. Stranger or not he had told himself he would catch some good fish for him and Edith tonight! So glowy boy could either cooperate and stay back or get America's fists if he decided to ruin this fishing spot.

While content at the time, he looked up at the sound of something overhead. He backpedaled from the river with a short yelp of surprise when the other boy seemed to fall from the sky. Oh! Another pokehuman! He relaxed long enough to walk back toward the river, but paused when he saw the cold demeanor surrounding the other boy. He blinked and looked around. There wasn't another person in sight, and he needed this specific spot? "Umm.. okay. Sorry," he murmured mekely, taking a few steps down away from the irritated boy. "You.. you get lots of fish here then? I've never fished before, so you don't have to worry about me trying to take your spot."

America just huffed as the other poke-human seemed to immediately back off. That was good since it saved him a few bruises, but at the same time it was boring too. How long had it been since he'd been in a good scruffle? Fighting all the time would make Edith worried, but sneaking in a few fights here and there kept him on edge. Plus when it came to delivering in the darker neighborhoods it was nice being able to hold his own against those idiots brave enough to fight him.

"It's fine I suppose." The boy shrugged his shoulders as his wings folded up behind him, "Last time I did..." He trailed off shiftily staring down the other boy, "But don't expect me to share any." Tossing in his line America held onto the pole tightly before glancing back over his shoulder, "Then what are you doin' this far out by yourself?" And acting like anything could kill him too. The thought made America smirk slightly before his grumpy expression settled back into place.

Riley gave a little smile when his presence was approved. Walking a little closer, he quickly raised his hands innocently. "I won't! I'm not hungry right now anyway." He clasped his hands behind his back, watching the fishing get set up with interest. "I'm just walking," he replied. No point in trying to make anything up. This guy seemed like he'd be okay. "And it's not really that far from my home."

Must be nice to say that. America just gritted his teeth though. How coule someone be so light hearted about things? Especially when it came to food...he remembered those nights when he barely had anything to give to Edith let alone for himself. Those days were what drove him to work extra hard during the day and to get as much as he could money and food wise. The last thing he would ever do was let his sister starve.

"Maybe I misjudged how good this spot was then if others are nearby." Commented America quietly, "But if you want to walk this isn't walking." He glanced back towards the boy, "It's lingerin' instead."

Seeing the mood change drastically around the boy, Riley frowned and his ears fell. What had he said? What was wrong? He looked over that where the line was in the water and shrugged. "Not too many nearby. Just my family. They like being a little isolated." His eyes rose back up, and he giggled lightly. "Well, I was walking, but then you said it was fine for me to be here, so I decided to be here for a little bit." His lips pursed slightly. "I won't be a bother. I just wanna watch. Like I said, I've never been fishing before."

Just his family was enough for America, but the boy behaved and kept his mouth closed. I suppose it could be worse. Still though he enjoyed his space and the quiet...so why this? "I don't blame them." He commented briefly before going back to fiddle with his line. Maybe if he focused more on his fishing the kid would go away. Just like some bad dream.

"I suppose so then." America just shook his head. He didn't want to waste time chasing off the kid and maybe a little part of him felt bad. Sounded like the guy didn't get the chance to get out much. "First part of fishing...is you shush. Just wait and watch. It's not too exciting I assure ya."

Reeling back in his line he checked the string once more before tossing it out. He'd see how the line went and then when all else failed he could fly over the waters with his net again. That one usually dragged up a couple of fish. Maybe by then the kid would be bored of him, "America by the way." He stated looking over his shoulder, "If you needed a name for any reason."

And then back to fishing.

His lips pursed in though, but then he nodded. Isolation wasn't so bad, considering how mean people in the town could get. The approval made him smile brightly, and he shuffled to sit a little bit closer. He nodded obediently as he was given instructions, his lips pressing shut into a smile. He was quite content sitting there, watching the calming view of the rufflet fishing. America? Looking over to the boy, his smile lit up warmly. "I'm Riley."

America's acceptance of Riley's presence was a brief nod. The silence drew over the two of them for a few moments before a tug in the water's nabbed America's attention. Instantly he was in motion and bringing up a fish from the water to put in his basket. Hah! Smirking triumphantly he forgot about Riley until he prepared to get his rod again.

Oh.

Flushing the rufflet just looked away, "Maybe you are lucky or somethin'. If you want you can stay as long as ya want. I'll just be here." With that he casually sat downa nd began to fish away again.

Thankfully tonight he'd have some real good fish to bring home to Edith! So maybe today wasn't a waste after all...despite the sudden appearance of a stranger. Not that Riley was really half bad himself. America would never admit that of course, but still today's meeting would stay in his mind. If the kid needed him then he'd be there for him. After all that's what friends did right?

Not that America would ever admit to having them of course.

Still though...

Pushing those thoughts aside America just went back to doing his thing, fishing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 pm
[Learning A Move]

Walking along in the forest path America fumed under his breath. He was tired of being stuck as a simple rufflet in this new human-form. Everything was so strange now that he had to deal with normal legs and arms. Having hands was nice so he could grab and punch things easier, but at the same time he missed the simple times of being a pokémon who could just fly around and eat berries. Now that he was a kid he had to worry about clothes and shelter and was even more worried about his sister, Edith. How she was adapting to being a human surprised him, but at the same time he could understand it. Being human gave them more chances than ever before and keeping their wings allowed the sky to still be theirs.

If he had lost the skies…

Well there would have been a big burning hole in the forest from his anger. America would much rather be killed in a fight than lose the ability to fly. Flying after all was his favorite thing and the only thing second to Edith that could calm his anger. It would be nice if he could do more with his wings though. Frowning America smacked at the nearest tree. He wanted to be stronger so he could fight more and protect his sister!

“What is peck going to do me now?” Chuckling under his breath the child pushed away from the tree and continued on his path. Surely there was a way to train himself to become stronger. Something that he could do…

Fighting had been his answer.

Every chance he got that he thought Edith would be away the rufflet was picking fights with humans and pokémon alike. Today though a wild Fearow had chosen to fight off pokémon from its territory, but America wouldn’t budge. This area was perfect for fishing after all. He wanted to be able to provide Edith with a nice warm dinner tonight and he wasn’t backing off! So now the boy was in the skies trading blows with the much larger pokémon.

Winds howling around him America barely managed to dodge another strike in time. Ouch! Blood from his cheek dripped down onto his shoulder and the boy had to frown. Edith might just notice that scratch. Not mentioning the rips and tears in his clothing now…he truly was glad he had left his jacket behind today. That thing was priceless to him.

Another air slash? Wincing America pulled back before finding himself out of options. Nothing seemed to be chasing this fearow off! Why won’t he just let me be here? That greedy jerk…growling under his breath America kept pushing on despite his wounds. Then caught in the winds by the fearow he found himself being bashed back and forth even more.

Surely there was a way to turn this around…

It was with his frustration and determination that a memory came to the boy. Hadn’t a bigger bird once chased something off like this? His wings arching behind him America decided to give it a try. It’ll be much better than peck after all! Eyes closing he felt the winds around him change and with a spurt of speed he found himself darting behind the fearow.

Aerial Ace!

Wings sharpening he dove for the attack and without fear hit the fearow on the mark.

It was later when America was panting on the ground and using torn pieces of his shirt to bandage up his arm that he stretched out. It was nice being able to stretch out along the stream like this with no fear of attack. What would go after the kid who beat up the neighborhood bully just now after all? America hoped no one secretly.

It did after all hurt to move now.

But on the bright side he now had a good move under his wings. Aerial Ace…who would’ve thought it? Closing his eyes America began to sleep under the trees with a small smile of victory clear on his face.

(677)

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:40 pm
Teen Stage; AIM PD- Woodland Confrontation:

It was dark again... As the evening wore on, Kole's thoughts went back to when he'd changed. That potion shoved down his throat, and waking up to the blood on his hands, those teenagers cowering in fear... His lips peeled back with a grin, and his face lifted to look at the purple and blue sky. Life was pretty good no. No more worrying about anyone or anything other than himself...

Passing through the woods, any insects singing to welcome the night would go silent, and then pick up again once Kole had gone by. He wasn't heading for his cave, though. Tonight was simply a night to wander, and think about how delightfully hopeless the world was.

Another late night of deliveries. Huffing along the path America wondered about whether or not Edith had already ate that night. Would she want anything I've picked up today? He flushed lightly thinking of how bold he had been going into the city to actually shop today. That bakery had been so warm and the smells...closing his eyes the rufflet pushed back the wave of longing that the memory brought.

In his bag he had some of the human food to share with his sister after all. Even a piece of what they called cake and some of those cookies. Admittedly he had snuck one to make sure it was worthwhile and the taste had been amazing. He just hoped Edith would enjoy them too...

His thoughts trailing off the rufflet tensed. Why was the path home so quiet tonight? His gaze narrowed dangerously. What stranger was around these parts? Such a pain... Clenching his fists the boy began to weave through the trees determined to find and get rid of the intruder.

With his pointed tail twitching contently, Kole stopped in one open area to stretch his arms; all four of them. The rustling of leaves made his ears perk, and his head snapped around toward the sound. That was larger than a regular forest critter. A human, perhaps? Some lost hiker? Either way, possibly a new play thing.

He tucked back against one of the heavy pine trees, waiting for the sounds to get closer. The smells reached him as well though, and his mouth watered. "Whatchya got there, kiddo?" he asked as the rufflet came into view, not even bothering to hide himself anymore. He just leaned back against the tree, a finger pointing at the bag with the delicious aroma lingering around it.

So there was a stranger here. His whole body tensed as the voice came from the tree. It was dark so he couldn't see the stranger well, but there was enough of an aura to make America tense. Really? Out of all nights for there to be some jerk out here...why tonight? He wanted to surprise Edith with presents, not a mess.

"Nothin' of your concern." America retorted sharply, "So why don't you go on your merry way in the opposite direction? I'm in a hurry and have no time to play around with some stranger hiding in the woods." His wings lashed out behind him angrily, but he knew he couldn't fly away because not only was the warehouse right up ahead but the trees also would block him.

The last thing he wanted was for some random stranger to walk into his home.

Chuckling lightly, Kole clicked his tongue against his teeth. "Well, you're the one who came up on me, not the other way around." An arm of hair lifted to push a branch out of the way for a better view. "Shouldn't you be home with your parents or something? The woods are no place for a little kid to be alone~" It was funny to see the bird so frustrated. "Or, is that where you're hurrying to?"

Really? What the hell was up with this guy? America normally didn't like strangers, but this guy just proved his point. It was always better to be wary than open at times like these. "Shouldn't you be back in your dark cave or somethin'?" He retorted sharply again. Something about this guy just brought out his temper and it was literally taking his all to not just shove his way through. Not with the warehouse so close and Edith possibly nearby...that was the last thing he wanted.

"It's none of your damn business." America took a few steps forward with a frown, "You're the one in a strange area just butting your head in. Just leave and go back to where you came from already." He had enough of this guy jsut lingering here. The whole forest was quiet from it and that even put America more on edge. Something was definitely fishy with this guy.

Kole laughed and nodded. "My dark cave? Perhaps I should be, presuming that I have a cave to be in. It's still a little early for me to be out yet. I suppose the wind was calling my name."

The kid's spunk was just short of stupid, in his opinion. He was content to be amused and toy around until he was told to go back. Back where he'd come from? Where everyone looked at him with such hate and anger and confusion and fear...? "Oh, little boy. What makes you think anyone wants me back where I came from?" He stepped the the edges of the branches, and pointed to the bag again. "Is that bag of stuff really worth so much effort? Is it that precious to you? I'd like to see what you consider so special.."

Maybe others would be afraid or shivering at this point, but America found himself even more riled up. The arrogance of this guy to act like he was something really jarred him. I don't think any wind would call your name. His nose wrinkled at the thought of the wind that he loved so dearly betraying him like this. There was no way. Why couldn't this guy just stay away a little bit longer? But the thought made a knot in his stomach. Had he been here night after night so close to the warehouse? Surely not.

"I never said there would be others there." His wings tensed up behind him, "I'm just sayin' this isn't your neighborhood either so it's best if you left." When the guy pointed towards the bag America shook his head. There was no way he was letting go of the treats he had gotten with that money today! Wings flaring out behind him the boy managed to fly up a few feet to nudge it gently in between some of the higher branches. Landing on the ground he glared towards the stranger, "As much as I'm sure you'd like to see them I'm sayin' no. You'd have to pound me into oblivion before I'd let go of those."

He might have been asking for it, but America didn't care. There was no challenge he would ever back down from! And hopefully he could manage to get this guy away from the path he was on. Away from his sister...

Laughing again, Kole pushed some hair back from his face. Right. There was no one waiting for him anymore. No one waiting to call to him, or happy for him to return...

Leave? With something so tempting standing here defiantly before him? While he was pretty sure there was only food in the bag, the boy's insistence on hiding it made him that much more curious. Perhaps the smell was masking something of more import inside? Was it something really valuable? "I guess I'll have to pound you then," he teased, grin ripping across his face with delight. It'd been a while since he'd run into someone deserving a beating. This kid was cocky and stubborn, and needed to be taught a lesson. He launched himself forward, his arms of hair snapping out far in front of his body to reach for the kid.

And so it began.

Smirking America kicked back to slide in the dirt away from the reaching hair. That was just strange on its own. His nose wrinkled at the thought of being strangled by that. No thank you! His desire to slash at it though was missed in his turn and he barely hit any strands at all.

Even those he hit felt tougher than normal hair and made him grit his teeth. What exactly type of person was this? It was definitely not a human that was for certain. But it was like no other poke-human he had ever seen. Still America was determined to not back down.

"That all you have?" Smirking int he dark he braced himself for the next attack despite the ache in his ankle from the slide.

He landed on all fours, using one arm as a pivot point to turn on to face the boy again. His air waved wildly, both as a distraction and simply because it was excited. They hadn't been in a fight in a while!

Kole cocked his head slightly, but only let out a snort of a laugh in reply as he kicked off from the ground again. The time for taunting had passed. His arms reached, long claw-like nails shimmering in the dimming light. He would find what this child thought to be so precious, and take it as his own..

This guy was fast. Wincing America tried his hardest to back away from the quick turn around, but his ankle was beginning to betray him. With the pain in his left leg his own turn was cut off and the clawed nails reached for his skin. A wet feeling came down his arms and the boy winced. Still he was resolute. Even as the cut sent him backwards against a tree the boy was glaring.

Come on do something, I dare you! His gaze seemed to yell. But his hands were pressed behind him on the tree. I just need to get up and fight more!

A hissing chuckle rose when he felt his claws tear through flesh. Kole straightened up enough to look at the successful hand, and wiggled the bloody points menacingly at the child. "Is that all you have~?" he sang, mocking the bird's tough words from moments ago. "Come on, boy. What is it so precious to you? Better pick yourself up if you wish to defend it." He hunched down to charge forward again, a trusty leech seed filling his hand in preparation. This would end the boy quickly, for certain.

America snorted. Arrogant b*****d. His gaze glittering with anger the rufflet moved forward and this time the wind was on his side. There was no way he would back down to someone that was this dark! Edith should never have to run into something like this, not on his watch!

Air Slash! The cold steel like wind flew from around his wings and out in front of him. Smirking America moved to the right despite the stinging pain in his ankle. He'd like to see that guy eat some of that!

Well, the boy really did have some pluck! Seeing the ability activate, he ducked his head down, all arms up to protect as he tried to dodge out of the way. The sharp wind pushed him back a few steps, and he laughed with delight. "Ah, that was something. I think a mosquito just bit me!" He shook the sting out of his arms, legs bracing against the ground. "Will anyone miss you if I make you bleed, little bird~? Will the precious thing die without you?"

This guy really knew how to piss him off, "Let's hope it has malaria then." His chest was burning with anger as he lashed out against this guy. Even if it took a hundred attempts he would make this guy feel more than a little sting! His anger was passionate as he stood against the stranger. There was so much that he felt no limits to his words.

"Why jealous cause there won't be anything to miss you if you bled?"

The sharp words weren't typical of the rufflet, but for some reason he just didn't feel any mercy towards this fellow. All of his instincts screamed to fight and get away at the same time, "Not like I would ever let you get near her." He muttered quietly to himself before moving to slash towards the guy with a astrong kick.

It was so adorable, watching the little guy get so angry. This was how the world worked, though. Even the young weren't free of the pain and hate of the people in it.

Somehow, the words being thrown back at him hit home. The kid was right... In Kole's mind, there wasn't anyone who would miss him... and the thought made the pain well up in his gut, and a hot anger boiled over to hide the ache. He stood his ground when the rufflet came at him, only gritting his teeth as the slash dug into his skin. From there though, his hair grabbed the leg to hold the boy and throw a hard punch. "Why should I be jealous of a weakness like that?" he spat, his hand rising as he prepared to slash again with his nails.

Even when he was being beaten by the stranger America smirked. So this guy can lose his cool. As the nails slashed into his skin the rufflet only winced against the pain. Others probably would have given up by now, but he...he had a reason to keep fighting, "Because it's not a weakness, idiot."

He refused to bend and even braced himself for the rain of blows to come. Blood dripped down his arms, but America just gritted his teeth. "Unlike you I have someone to fight for. I'd never let an a** like you get near Edith!" His gaze burned with fury, "I'd give everything to protect my sister and keep her safe." He would never let this guy go any further down the path, ever! Not while his sister may be there. Not even when the world was spinning wildly or when his arms were torn up from the fighting.

His punches came, and came, tired of listening to the boy's miserable words. Yet, one word broke through. As though time had stopped, Kole froze mid-swing, glaring down at the boy. Edith... He didn't want to hurt Edith. Not again. He couldn't hurt Edith again! Oh, by the moon, was she nearby?! As quickly as he'd fallen on the boy, he jumped up and backed away, eyes wide as he looked at the boy he'd been fighting. This guy knew Edith? Edith was precious to him? He couldn't hurt Edith again! He couldn't! "Keep her safe.." he croaked out in a weak voice, feeling as though most of the strength had been sucked out of him, leaving him only enough to turn and run from the fear.

Battered and bruise America could only watch as the guy suddenly turned and fled. I didn't even get the chance to use Aerial ace... The feeling in the air had changed drastically too...what happened there? Frowning the rufflet just rubbed his pounding head. As is he left so that's all that matters now.

Flying up he grabbed his bag of treats for his sister before beginning the slow limp home. Either way he would probably have another fight up ahead once Edith saw his wounds, but America was still thankful. His sister was safe from that stranger and their home secured.

Let's just hope that guy never comes around here again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 am
After the Fight~ [Edith x America PD]

Breathing heavily America found himself resting against every other tree on the way back home. The wounds from the fight still stung and he could feel the blood pooling up on certain places on his arms. I don't want to freak Edith out... Still his feet moved on the familiar path since it was too late to turn back. Where could he go? Passing out in the forest didn't seem like the best option just in case the stranger came back, but there wasn't anything open in town for him now.

Maybe he could just sneak in and grab some bandages before hiding in the corner somewhere. Or if he was lucky Edith would already be asleep and he could just take care of himself there. Clenching his teeth against the pain the rufflet pulled himself forward towards the familiar doors of the warehouse. Usually he would fly up into the warehouse through another opening, but for the rare time that it was the boy actually had to use a lower way inside.

At least these made it back safely. Untucking the pack from his shoudler America placed his mesenger bag on the ground. All that fighting...just because of some baked goods in his bag. Smirking at the ironies of it America found his head spinning once more as his beaten body connected with the floor.

There was a time in the evening where Riff had come back to the shop expecting to find a booming store, but had found Edith sleeping at the counter instead. When he woke her, she had left to finish a final delivery despite his insistence that she get rest. Edith had to keep up a normal routine; without it, she might cave in to the bad thoughts in her head.Kenna had been so nice to her after...the thing and between the litleo and Kyllian's stead fast friendship she was able to keep going. There were times where she wondered though...Was he okay? Was he eating good meals? Was he warm? ....Had he hurt anyone else?Edith shook her head. It was one of the reasons she couldn't talk about those things with her brother. He would only fuss over her, and try to fix it, but she wasn't sure anyone could fix Kole. Sighing, Edith flew in through a hole in the warehouse ceiling to seek out her little nest in the rafters when an odd sound captured her attention. It sounds like something is dying. When she looked
around, and found it was the doors opening she had to wonder if it was rust, but more importantly...who was opening the door? Oh, her brother! Edith perked up. She left her things in her nest, shimmied out of her coat, and flew down to meet him. Even while she was gliding she felt something was off; and would have screamed if she were able when he fell down. The young child hit the ground running and dropped to his side, frantic hands reaching out to shake him while she took in America's body. Was that blood?! Edith shook and looked around. The only bandages she had were in her nest, so without a second thought she took off, flying as fast as possible and nearly toppling into a steel beam in the process. Bandages...bandages...got it! She even found a little tube of antibiotic stuff, which she brought back down with her. But what should she do now? She wasn't a nurse...

Damn the lights really wouldn't stop moving. Breathless America had just found himself laying on the cold ground powerless to move. But then when he thought he was finally going to give up and just rest in the dark movement happened. Ouch! It really hurt! Tears stinging his eyes the rufflet blinked several times as he slowly came back to consciousness, "E-edith." He winced as he tried moving his arms. He managed to move them across his chest before falling back down again.

"So-sorry." America offered a small smile, "I think I might need you to wrap me up." He looked around and sighed, "A-arms....can...you just wrap them up?" All those cuts from the claws had really gotten him. The pressure on his ribs from those flurry of punches burned as well. Were they bruised? Probably.

America gritted his teeth. Just because his arms were a bloody, stinging mess didn't mean he was out for the count. He just couldn't move them...but sleeping would fix that right? The rufflet hoped so, "I can't...move my arms well. So you'll have to do it for me." He flushed lightly, "Just wrap them up a bit...I should stop bleedin' then."

Edith couldn't stop shaking. Her wide eyes took in the sorry state of her brother, and she felt her eyes begin to burn, but she clamped down on them. Or as much as she could. They still came, though she did manage not to start sniffling. What she needed was a better place to put him. Dirt in wounds was bad, right? Edith looked around, held up a finger for him to wait (where would he go?), and went around a corner. When she came back she had a bucket of rainwater, a cloth, a pillow and a flat piece of cardboard. Edith spread the cardboard on the ground, and exhaled sharply. This next part was going to be...tricky. She tried to move it as close to America as possible, but still, she had to reach her arms under his torso to hoist him onto it. Edith didn't want to hurt him, really she didn't, but she had a feeling no matter what she did right now he would only feel pain. When she had him up onto it she propped his head with a pillow and sat back to collect herself.

Gritting his teeth America tried his best to endure through the pain of movement. He knew Edith was trying her best and all the rufflet wanted to do was reach out and hug her. I'm so sorry Edith. He was just so afraid...that if he hadn't come back here then he may have never seen his sister again. Drastic as it was the boy felt like it was true. He just hoped that somewhere out there that stranger was suffering double. He smiled. At least I protected our home.

His head was still spinning and he felt super dizzy, but the boy was stubborn. There was no way he would be passing out on her again. Not when she was already so upset by his state, "He-hey. It'll...be okay." He managed to raise up a hand to touch hers, "I just need some rest and care, okay?" Despite his violet eyes burning with pain the rufflet's words were sincere.

He was home and safe.

Edith wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, and could hide a sniffle. She smiled through it though, trying her best to put up a good front for her brother in a haphazard natural light filtering through the cracked windows. The young girl leaned forward, smoothed the hair back from his face, and placed a kiss on his forehead. Her stupid, idiotic, stubborn, brave brother...She squeezed his hand and set to her work. Slowly, Edith dipped the cloth into the water pale and when it was soaked she wrung it out. Then, after a good minute of hesitation, she put it to the wounds on his arms. She meant to be gentle, but as she had no experience, her attempts were too light in some areas and too rough in others.

As she fumbled about America kept his jaw clenched. Occasionally a hiss of pain would leave his lips, but he'd just try to smile it right away. She really was trying her hardest after all. Wincing the boy finally spoke, "Alright, I think I'm cleaned up." He was finding his voice again which was good. Being out of the cold forest and in their home was doing him well. Plus the fact that his body was starting to get rest instead of running through the woods was a bonus. He still could barely move due to the intense pain, but at least he could think a bit.

"Just wrap my arms...." He hesitated at the suggestion, "Firmly, but not too tight." The rufflet grinned towards his sister, "Thanks." Frustration was building up in him at the thought of being stuck here for a few days. How was Edith supposed to get along by herself? America grimaced as he moved his bad leg a bit. Stupid b*****d ruining my night. Wincing the rufflet just laid his head back against and closed his eyes. His head was still spinning after all and he was afraid to push his luck.

Grimacing, Edith sat the cloth aside and fumbled around in the lackluster light for the antibiotic cream. When she found it, she applied the stuff with a little more care, as she'd actually had practice with this on herself from time to time. Every time she thought she had a handle on herself Edith's senses would catch onto a whiff of copper and she remembered the blood. I hope whoever, or whatever, did this to him got the worse end of it. Normally Edith wouldn't wish that on anyone, but this was her brother!When his wounds were good and treated she started the wrapping process. It was a lackluster affair, with a lot of double layering, but in the end they were stable. Not too tight, and not too loose. Maybe Riff would give her some time off to look after him. She sincerely hoped so; or maybe her boss could even come over? America might not like it, but Riff didn't do much during the day, so maybe...?

When he felt Edith finish bandaging his arms America sighed, "Thanks, Edith." Slowly he opened his eyes and peered at his sister. He could only imagine half the thoughts going through her head, but one he coudl guess on. "I'll be fine. Just come home when you want and kick me to make sure I'm still alive." Chuckling he ended up coughing a bit and the pain from his ribs made him hiss. Dammit!

Still though the rufflet frowned, "I was supposed to treat you tonight, not scare you." His gaze burned with the frustration. It took a moment for him to gather his breath and speak again as the pain of each word cut through his ribs, "But....my bag. For you." His gaze went from his sister to the corner where had managed to throw his bag before falling earlier.

Edith snorted, and shook her head. As if! She wasn't going to leave him here alone, and that she would put her foot down on. Someone had to be there to help him out.Frowning, Edith reached for America's shirt and didn't hesitate to pull it up. The bruises she saw made her gasp. Where else was he hurt?! Was anything on the inside busted? Maybe she should get Riff and take him to the hospital. Or Poke'center? Edith stood up and walked over to retrieve his bag. She didn't open it; rather, she brought it back to him to await further instruction.

"He-hey!" America flushed, "Edith!" Dammit. As she gasped at his bruises the rufflet sighed. Welp. So much for trying to hide that one. The arms he knew he couldn't hide, but at least his bruises he had been hoping to. The less Edith knew or saw the better. The last thing he wanted was for her to fuss over him.

"Alright. We've done all we can tonight." America sighed, "So how about just relaxing for now and letting me rest?" They could fight over it in the morning about what she could do for him. Hopefully by then he could walk again...the pain in his ankle made him doubt it would be graceful, but as long as he could hobble around a bit...it was better than nothing.

"But hey. Open it." He nodded towards his bag with a wince, "It's for you." Inside she would find all the bakery treats he had made off with today. Cookies, cake, even the loaf of bread should be in there. He was glad he picked up the bread at least....that plus the bag of apples he had gotten should be good food for while he was out. It wans't much, but it was better than nothing.

He could hope she would drop it all he wanted to, but America was in for it. Edith was stubborn when it came to her loved ones. She wasn't going to give up on him, even if she had to hover just to treat him! It caused her feathers to ruffle, giving her little frame a slightly fluffier appearance. She opened the bag, and instantly smiled. Even through all of that, he had still...Edith started crying again, but this round held more joy than the last. She picked up a cookie and took a big bite just to show him how much she thought of his work. It was the most delicious thing she'd ever had; and Edith wasn't sure it was because of the situation, or if it really did taste good. Pinching off a piece, Edith held it to her brothers lips. Might as well have something sweet with all the sourness of today.

Her reaction was worth it. Despite her protests of his stubborn refusal of help seeing his sister's smile lifted a load from his chest, "Don't eat too much you'll get si-" Immediately he opened his mouth to have a piece. Despite the pain of chewing it really was delicious. The rufflet smiled, "I'm glad."

He really was exhausted though. Yawning slightly America winced and laid back, "Now if you don't mind, nurse. I'm going to rest." It was easy enough to close his eyes and pass out knowing that Edith was right there. She was there and the stranger was gone...and the night was quiet again.

Surely now there would be peace for a while.

America could only hope.

Edith sat the bag to the side. She finished up the cookie as she got back up to close the warehouse door. It was so odd using it, but at least with it shut they had some protection. When she turned back and saw America lying there Edith knew what she wanted to do. She crawled down onto the cardboard beside him, and put her head close to his. Her wings pulled up over them, shielding as best they could despite their size. Somewhere out there was a vicious beast that would hurt the innocent, like her brother, but for now he was safe.Before she drifted off, another thought came to her;I hope Kole is safe too.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 pm
[Another Solo]

After the confrontation with the dark stranger America had resumed training. Every day after deliveries of all sorts in the city he would go out and practice fighting somewhere. Even if it was with random pokémon or even fighting with older humans in the city America was determined to learn. I’m never going to let anyone beat me down like that ever again. He absolutely despised the feeling of desperation and how only his adrenaline and willpower had kept him conscious.

If he hadn’t had Edith to protect would he have just died there?

That guy had been no joke. America’s lip curled at the memory and he punched the air harder. If the guy had stayed instead of freaking out on him and running away…what would have happened? It truly bothered the rufflet. I just want to be bigger already so I can protect my sister. He didn’t care to get a million bruises or scratches or even broken bones, but when it came to Edith the boy’s protective nature took over. The last thing he wanted was for her to be hurt and alone somewhere.

What type of big brother would do that after all? Smirking he remembered his change from the star and how freaked out he had been with that. His first guess was to try finding the starly who meant the world to him and then the act of them having to go out and rob clothing and food…then finding the warehouse to live in. What a fun mess that had been. He was rather proud of the warehouse they called home though. The main building looked like it had been abandoned for years by some small company out in the woods and the ceilings were high for flying and the shelves empty. He had barricaded and patched up holes here and there throughout the building while letting Edith play around with the boxes inside. America had even brought boxes he found in the city in so that they could make their own fort inside the warehouse with them.

Then when it was cold he found out how to make a fire pit so that they could stay warm. He also made certain to find blankets, ratty and new, that he could wash in the river and take home for them. It definitely wasn’t the most normal of houses, but to America the building meant the world to him. A place that was warm to stay that was away from others and yet close to the city…it was just perfect. He frowned before kicking out in the air with an attack. That’s why I need to become stronger to protect it.

He was definitely determined. Nothing would deter the boy from his decision to get stronger and so day after day America would continue pushing himself. He would become stronger and learn how to out maneuver many fliers and he would try his best to learn that grace on land. The wind was his weapon and he was becoming very familiar with how to use it in his attacks. Spotting a fallen tree in the meadow America smirked, “Aerial Ace~”

Time to stop thinking so much and to get back to work.

He had to get stronger after all.

(544)

Trainer Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces