Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[LOG] Stormy Meetings (Erykk, Eldahildr, & Vilhelmas)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:48 am
Rp between Buffy_the_Bloody's Erykk and my Eldahildr and Vilhelmas

Quote:
Eldahildr paused to look up at the sky, disdain plain on her features. She hadn't be expecting such dark clouds to blow in today, and thanks to her brother's bratty little spawn, she had already had to postpone her trip to the marsh once. Her tail twitched erratically, indicating her less than pleased mood.

"Great. You bring me nothing but bad luck, thrall. Perhaps I should not have brought you along. But I do need someone to carry things back for me," she said, completely ignoring the fact that storms weren't unusual and there was little anyone could do about them.

Vilhelmas was watching Eldahildr with a bored expression on his face. This far from the cliffs, he let his strict control waver a little. He could feel the sand of the beach creeping between his paws and he wiggled them, disliking the feeling.

"If I may ask, mistress," he began, knowing the emphasis would rub her fur the wrong way, "why we are going to the marsh? I cannot imagine there would be anything there for you."

"Shut up," Eldahildr snapped back, before she kept going.

Quote:
Unlike Eldahildr, Erykk quite enjoyed the prospect of a good storm. The rain, the thunder...The flashes of lightning..All were so intense and made his heart pump wildly. He was in love with that feeling. But he didn't particularly like earing in the rain. So when the clouds began rolling in, he began heading towards home. The lion he had just been eating, left behind and abandoned as if it was just garbage. Because it was, now. Nothing but a carcass to scavenge for any of the vultures or hyenas that happened upon it.

He hadn't walked very long at all before he started to hear voices. He was much too full to want anything else at the moment, lucky for them. Well.. unless it was a pride member. Those he didn't kill.. Maybe a good fight now and then though.. That was always fun.

He had definitely seen Eldahildr before. Canicah was Finna's best friend. He had met Cani many times, and this was definitely her sister. He hadn't ever met her, but he had seen her with the family quite often. He didn't recognize the male she was with, but that didn't matter. He was afraid of no one.

"Well well." He began. "Who do we have here?" His voice was curious, though his features were calm and unreadable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:14 am
Quote:
Vilhelmas reacted instinctively; when the strange male suddenly spoke, he stepped in front of Eldahildr and looked at him warily. A strong, imposing lion. A pridemember, perhaps? It wouldn't surprise him; most of the males in the pride were hulking things whose thoughts never strayed far from fights and women. He may have been just a thrall, but Vilhelmas could have been one of those burly lions, if he had been trained that way. Even so, he had some strength of his own from hauling things around for Eldahildr all day.

"What are you doing? Stupid thrall," Eldahildr pushed past Vilhelmas with a degrading slap to his head. She couldn't be certain, but she thought she had seen glimpses of this lion around the pride. And besides, who would be out in these conditions other than stormborn? Strangers rarely got past the border at the best of times.

"Nevermind my thrall, he doesn't know his place," Eldahildr said, trying her best to be polite to the newcomer. Politeness didn't come easy for her, though, so anyone who knew her could see the strain as she smiled. "My name is Eldahildr. Who might you be?"

Quote:
When the male stepped in front of the female, Erykk did nothing but give a little smile. Oh how he wished that he could tear into the likes of that one.. But he smelled of the female he was with. He would spare her of that, and have a little self control.

"Easy boy." He said, clearly amused. Since his eyes held darkness, his smile wasn't the kind thing that smiles usually were. Erykk was a calm lion, and he was proud for that. It made him hard to read.

"Ah, so he's a thrall. That explains everything. Though he should be careful. He's lucky I'm full." He said with a grin.

"Not often that there are ladies such as yourself out in a good storm. Whatever the case, it's a pleasure." He said with a bow of his head. "My name is Erykk, I am a training Captain in the Stormborn."

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:56 pm
Quote:
Vilhelmas withdrew and lowered his head like a proper thrall, but his eyes never quite left Erykk's form. He didn't like that he could not get a read on him, and his words irritated him. He despised being looked down on and stomped on constantly... with Eldahildr it was more of a game, but a true insult was like a strike. It didn't quite hurt as much as Eldahildr's swipe, however... That one had stung deep down in his chest, and he wasn't quite sure why.

He would act cautiously for Eldahildr's sake, but he wasn't going to just lie down completely.

"Oh, well it is a real pleasure to meet you, future Captain," Eldahildr said, forcing her smile to stay on her face. She wondered if he was one of the captains who followed the warlord's beliefs that females belonged to the den. Oh, how she longed to see the world outside of the pride. But she doubted any captain would even look twice at her. Not in these times.

"Game is good out here?" She asked, trying to make pleasant conversation. "We were just headed to the marsh to collect," she hesitated, "herbs."

Quote:
Erykk looked at the brown male out of the corner of his eye. Letting him see that he wasn't exactly forgetting of his presence just because she had dismissed him. Part of Erykk's power was his intimidation. He had a way of making others feel uncomfortable, even if they weren't sure why. Most assumed that it had something to do wtih the look in his eyes.. But no one really knew for sure.

His eyes turned towards the female again, arching an eyebrow and nodding.
"You could say that. Though with the oncoming storm you are likely not to find much." He smiled and licked his lips, which were still matted with blood. "If you aren't picky though.. it's amazing what you can find." He didn't believe women were weak. He liked women, and he liked them strong. He wasn't like most, and he didn't give a damn what gender someone was so long as they could handle themselves. Which was easier said than done, he usually found.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 pm
Quote:
Vilhelmas felt stuck, as if Erykk's gaze was pinning him down. He wished that the Captain in training would think of something he had forgotten to do and leave, or that something would happen back at the cliffs that would require his attention. All Vilhelmas could do was skulk behind Eldahildr, listening the conversation as he watched. It didn't help that Eldahildr kept trying to talk to him. He was tempted to whisper his thoughts in her ear, but he didn't want to suffer another humiliating slap.

"That makes sense, sir," Eldahildr was quick to agree, thinking nothing of his blood stained fur. He had probably come across some poor lost herdbeast and run it down, like she would have done.

Perhaps if she knew him better, she would have been less worried over his thoughts about females who wanted to do more with their time than mind cubs and wait for their husbands to come home. Perhaps she would have stopped trying to hide under a mask of feminine grace, which never really worked for her. And perhaps she would have pointed out that he was stopping their progress in a harsher manner.

Instead, she just continued to smile. "Yes, I hope to make it to the marsh before the grounds flood. The.... herbs... may be difficult to find if the water rises."

Quote:
If she had really known Erykk, she might have even feared him. Most did, because most told rumors of his being a cannibal. They weren't wrong, anyway. He actually enjoyed eating the lions he vanquished in battle. Almost like consuming their souls, and their power.

"Herbs, eh? I'd be careful out there if I were you. The marsh will probably not be a safe place to be. When the storms come, the alligators come out to play." He chuckled. Not that he minded the danger, but he wasn't sure she would feel the same way..

Though she was playing the sweet female, her reaction towards the thrall had almost given her away. Not that Erykk would call her out, any more than she would call out the own darkness in his ey es.

"So you'd better be quick if you want to get there before the storm rolls in. You don't have long." He grinned.

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm
Quote:
Eldahildr tended to keep to herself and her family, so rumours took a long time to reach her ears. She was also too focused on herself to pay much mind to what others did... unless what they were doing happened to inconvenience her, of course.

"If alligators appear, I'll just have my thrall deal with them," she said. The words implied he would fend them off for her, but the amusement that trickled into her tone told of a much bloodier outcome. An alligator skin would be an interesting addition to her den, as well.

She bowed her head before a wicked grin could cross her face. "Anyways, thank you for the warning, good Captain. If I happen to find something pleasant - mint perhaps - I will share it with you."

Vilhelmas stood by silently to watch the entire exchange, claws digging into the sand. He hadn't appreciated the joke about the alligators, but he was too uptight by Erykk's presence to think of a creative way to retaliate later. He was beginning to realize that Eldahildr felt as trapped as he did, thus the sweet lady act she was putting on. They had more in common than he tended to realize.

He looked in the direction of the marsh, wondering if alligators would be easier to face than this lion.

Quote:
"That sounds like a good plan. Thralls are good for that kind of thing." He grinned again, his eyes darting to the dark male that was behind her. He could sense the male's unease, but he ignored it. So long as he was left alone, he wasn't one to attack. He was much like a snake in that regard.

"The pleasure was all mine, lady. I am glad I could help. Though I wouldn't mind a bit of mint now and then." He said with a nod of his head that sent a golden lock into his eyes that he had to wipe away.

"She'd best come back alive, thrall. I'd hate to think what would happen to a thrall should he not be able to protect his mistress." He warned with a wink of an eye.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:20 pm
Quote:
Eldahildr chuckled at Erykk's taunting, but her heart wasn't fully into it. She had known Vilhelmas since they were cubs, so she couldn't just throw away his life like that, could she? Either way, it was really time for them to move on before the first rains hit.

"You speak true," Eldahildr said, meaning to compliment him and making her leave as quickly as possible. "Goodbye, friend, and may your vikings be successful."

Eldahildr turned and began walking down the rocky beach. Vilhelmas lingered, for a moment, feeling the bubbling of anger over all of the insults, and realizing just how much he and Eldahildr made games of their ranks. It was (mostly) good-natured, but Erykk wasn't joking... at least in a way that would end well for Vilhelmas.

He also bowed, acting the humble thrall, before fleeing after his mistress.

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces