Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Counseling
o-k asking for some minor help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 pm
i need some fashion help,i've tried a few times now to figure a look that works for me and i have been falling flat on my face.

i'd post some pics but i own not a camera nor a phone,suffice to say in my mind i look like some frat guy putting on his gf's clothes,anyone got any ideas forr a gal that isn't to terribly good at well...looking like a woman?((and yes i do understand that it's probably asking alot without pics,if anyone wants to help the best i can do is skype for any whom might ask))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:29 pm
Don't wear anything that makes you uncomfortable.

What kind of look are you going for? Professional? Girly?  

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 pm
colon bracket
Don't wear anything that makes you uncomfortable.

What kind of look are you going for? Professional? Girly?
kinda rocker chick-ish when i am on my own time more professional for work purposes.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:30 am
Go to a store and try on different things in front of a mirror. Break out of your comfort zone and try to have fun with it.  

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:11 pm
colon bracket
Go to a store and try on different things in front of a mirror. Break out of your comfort zone and try to have fun with it.
i still feel self conscious trying to do that ,kinda goes back to the issue to which this tread is dedicated.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 pm
If you're too self-conscious to try on clothes when you're alone in a changing stall then...?

I'm genuinely wondering/looking for new ideas from anyone else.  

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Step one: Grab a friend who you are super comfortable with
Two: Have them hold/pick out/criticize clothing for you when you are in public
Three: Once you are more comfortable and have a few good outfits, it will be easier to do things on your own, and you will build up confidence

This is what I helped one of my (now ex) best friends with when she first began transitioning. It started off with us just shopping together, but then I found stuff for her to try on and carried them all the way to the dressing room for her. This way, she could avoid being uncomfortable and dealing with stupid judgmental people. And you get tips from your friends!

As far as fashion goes... eh I'm terrible at that junk. I never wear makeup and rarely wear anything more than a T shirt and jeans. I recommend looking up makeup/fashion tutorials on youtube, but not all of them are good. Just figure out what you like and try different things!

If you want to talk more, feel free to PM me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 am
colon bracket
If you're too self-conscious to try on clothes when you're alone in a changing stall then...?

not so much the tryin them on,mostly i feel self conscious trying to even head towards the ladies area in clothing stores.  

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 am
xXbelovedXxx
Step one: Grab a friend who you are super comfortable with
Two: Have them hold/pick out/criticize clothing for you when you are in public
Three: Once you are more comfortable and have a few good outfits, it will be easier to do things on your own, and you will build up confidence

This is what I helped one of my (now ex) best friends with when she first began transitioning. It started off with us just shopping together, but then I found stuff for her to try on and carried them all the way to the dressing room for her. This way, she could avoid being uncomfortable and dealing with stupid judgmental people. And you get tips from your friends!

As far as fashion goes... eh I'm terrible at that junk. I never wear makeup and rarely wear anything more than a T shirt and jeans. I recommend looking up makeup/fashion tutorials on youtube, but not all of them are good. Just figure out what you like and try different things!

If you want to talk more, feel free to PM me.
good advice,sadly all my friends within the area are guys so i don't think they'd be able to help much.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:06 pm
shea the anti-venom
colon bracket

not so much the tryin them on,mostly i feel self conscious trying to even head towards the ladies area in clothing stores.

take a deep breath and go for it  

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:38 pm
colon bracket
shea the anti-venom
colon bracket

take a deep breath and go for it
might well just do that cause i am gettin so sick of looking awful,though maybe after a haircut ..thinking a more fem haircut May be able to help.  
06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Counseling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games