Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Can anyone help me stay awake (Read explanation)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nein
  Neiiiinnn
View Results

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:42 pm
Explanation: I have horrible, horrible bad dreams that I can literally feel physical things in them. Not just feeling or smelling flowers, but pain, honest to goodness pain. That pain is normally in nightmares that are re-occurring. I just remember some scary creatures, some looked like furry monkey-rats with flaming horns and tails that they used to smack me with. Others were just shadowy shapes, and others were... well, other things.

I've gone to therapy for these nightmares, which have been going on for quite some time, and I was told that they were just dreams by the people that were supposed to help me. I understand that that was after they had tried everything, including sleep studies... but I don't understand how they couldn't have helped me...

Truthfully, I stayed awake several times when I was around 8 years old or so.... It was much longer than what I'm planning on doing. I have sleep issues that are part of a greater issue, but they don't cause nightmares. They just cause me to be hyper and be awake. If anyone wants to know, I stayed awake for 7 days on end, one time... I don't remember much about it, though, seeing as how that was around 9 years ago.

I want to stay awake for at least 24 hours, then if I can, I want to stay awake for 48 hours, maybe even 72 hours. I've done it before, when I first started having some nightmares like this. Now, they're almost non-stop. They have been that way for a while. I decided that staying up to avoid these nightmares would probably work, at least for a while. (end explanation)

So, what I'm asking of all of you is this: How do I stay awake? I do not drink soda, I don't like the carbonation, and I don't exactly have anyone to talk to on things like Skype or Steam, and that'd probably wake my parents up as well. My parents are also very light sleepers, from what I've learned... If I laugh at a youtube video, they'll probably wake up. I'm not ruling out Youtube, though. I honestly need some advice on how to stay up for at least 24 hours, then try to stay awake for longer.

What should I eat, what should i drink, what should I play in terms of games to stay awake... those are the things I'm asking. I've heard that some people have contests to see how long they can all stay awake, but given the fact I can't do that with IRL friends, that's pretty much out. Also, I cut and pasted two of the paragraphs, so that's likely why it might not make sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:13 pm
I have stayed awake longer that 48 hours a few times. A couple times I have been online for 40 hours straight due to some event...both of those were due to gaia....

Other than that Ive done it whilst travelling because I dont sleep on planes, and when I fly from NZ to pretty much anywhere, or back often it takes a long time. Like when I return to NZ from Canada I am looking at at least 19 hours of air time (Excluding check in time, travel to and from the airport, stop/layover etc etc which adds up quickly).

I would never recomend staying up longer than 24 hours though unless you need to. I know I can do it because I know my body, and I know when I get my second wind, and also I am very used to being over tired and thus I know how to do things on a almost "zombie" like level where I am using much less brain power than usual, because at the end of the day most of what makes you tired is the energy your brain uses (It takes most of your daily energy to run your brain). So going beyond a normal day your brain has used most of its energy sources and needs to rest and breakdown the days events. Thats why usually when you are awake longer than 24 hours your brain starts doing stupid things, becomes slower and starts making a lot more mistakes.

For me I have years of working jobs where I have worked 12+ hours a day, every day for months. I have worked several jobs which start at 8am in the morning and have little downtime till 11pm the same day. And these jobs can be jobs where Im managing a lot of people in high energy activitys. Basically so I know myself and how my body reacts under different pressures.

Honestly I dont see the staying awake thing helping. I can only see it making things worse because when you do sleep your brain has a lot more work to catch up on, and a lot more to work through, so as it works through those things finally things could be compounded.

Do you take any medications?  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 pm
Sagebomb

Yes, I do. I just now took some medicine for what the doctor called 'insomnia'. It's not that I can't sleep, it's that I don't want to sleep because of all the nightmares. I also formerly took anti-depressants, but due to the cause of the depression as well as my age, I can't exactly take them. I think I might also take medicine for ADHD, but I'm not sure about that. If I do, it doesn't help.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 pm
Akoti
Sagebomb

Yes, I do. I just now took some medicine for what the doctor called 'insomnia'. It's not that I can't sleep, it's that I don't want to sleep because of all the nightmares. I also formerly took anti-depressants, but due to the cause of the depression as well as my age, I can't exactly take them. I think I might also take medicine for ADHD, but I'm not sure about that. If I do, it doesn't help.

Hmm conflicting medications really does mess with the mind, I do wonder if its more complications of medications that cause the nightmares moreso than other things.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers