Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
ᴍακε ʜзя ᴍιηϵ | one x one | w/ Lunoh~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So... what do you think? ^^;
  I wanna join! <3
  This idea sucks. </3
  Eh, I may read along...
  <.< -steals gold and runs-
View Results

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:55 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

He may not have looked like it, but Oliver was watching Lori throughout their conversation, and to his dismay she seemed to be clinging to the disdain she had always had for him. He thought he had spotted the slightest hint of a smile when he had mentioned the tea cookies, but it may have been a trick of the light coming and going through the leaves of the trees overhead. He let out a short breath to dispel his disappointment and continued along with his obstinate partner.

To the comment about her cat, Oliver snorted a laugh, "I'm sorry, but I must have mistaken Mische for a cat. Is she a dog in disguise, because I don't ever remember mentioning my liking cats. I believe I said dogs. Tell me, what kind of dog is she then? I need to familiarize myself with this new breed, to save me ridicule of ignorance in the future." The words exited his mouth before he could think to swallow them. The response he was sure to get from her was not what he had been hoping to encounter on their first outing in America. Why had he no control over his sarcastic and demeaning wit? Was it really so hard to just give a simple answer without meaning to insult and offend? Apparently so.

He stammered over a few words, trying to force out an apology before she got a breath to retort or snap at him, but his pride swallowed those words. Why couldn't they have swallowed the words before and eliminated the need for an apology. In any case, an apology did not come. Instead, he shut his mouth and took a deep breath and went inside to put in their names.

When he exited the establishment again, he went and sat by a checkers board and began setting it up. Oliver did not expect Lori to want to play with him anymore, but nonetheless, he set it up, intending to amuse himself on his own. After all, he had been doing it his whole life.

{OOC: I spent all day getting into Oliver's mind set today at work. That and writing down a story about a bard and a bartender. Work was slow.}

x-Beautiful---Delusions-x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey was not expecting Oliver's sudden snort of laughter; as such, she jumped slightly, and it took a moment for her brain to catch up and supply the meanings to the words he was saying. His sarcastic retort made her wince, and she felt her ears burning from embarrassment. She shouldn't have been surprised, really; he rarely ever spoke to her without making some sort of scornful remark. Her question wasn't actually that silly, but she sure as hell wasn't going to explain her line of thinking now. Instead, she snapped, "Oh, how stupid of me. I absolutely forgot that Mische was a cat, so thank you for reminding me. And of course you dislike cats because, even though they're just like you, most people actually like them since they can't speak the spiteful thoughts that might come into their heads!" They really shouldn't be arguing in public like they were, but habits were hard to break. She honestly just didn't understand what was so difficult about even attempting to be nice to someone. After releasing a soft sigh, she looked away from the dark-haired male in front of her and muttered, "I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath."

xxxxxWhen he turned and went inside to (she assumed) put down a name for a table, the strawberry blonde lifted her hands to rub at her eyes before pushing her hair out of her face. She took a few deep breaths in an effort to lower her irritation level, but she knew it wouldn't last long. Truly, Libbey would be surprised if they actually managed to make it to the park--or, hell, even through lunch. How was she supposed to deal with this for another six weeks? If he could keep his mouth shut, he'd at least be somewhat decent to look at, but there wasn't even that prospect to help her through it. It was almost like he had to fulfill his daily quota of scathing retorts.

xxxxxShe glanced over at the door when it opened to reveal Oliver, and she waited for him to say something about a wait time or maybe even set down a buzzer, but all he did was sit down and start setting up one of the large checkers' boards. Before she could even register what she was doing, she'd already walked over and taken the empty rocking chair across from him. She rocked it back and held it in place with her toes pushing against the ground, lost in thought for a long moment. Her eyes settled on one of the checkers, and unbidden words left her lips. "Did your past girlfriends ever warrant such responses as the ones I seem to constantly receive?" She glanced up at Oliver's face before looking back at the checker's piece and deciding she should elaborate since she'd already opened her mouth. "Because of all the things I've heard them complain about, that was not one of them. Then again, recalling most of them, they probably wouldn't have understood what you were saying, or even cared in some cases." Her lips twisted in a wry smile as she reached a hand out to trace over the ridged edges of the checker piece she'd been staring at. "Or maybe... you knew you couldn't get away with speaking to them like that. Not if you wanted to keep your reputable name."

|| ooc: I... this didn't go the way I thought it would. My bad. [/hides]

Is that story just a "for-fun" thing, or...? Lol.
Btw, as a heads-up, my roomie and I have been looking for new pics for Libbey. We're trying to keep her blonde, but no promises. Not sure when/if it will change, but just thought I'd let you know it was a possibility. ||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:15 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

He deserved what she threw at him, but all Oliver responded with before going inside to give them their names was a scoff. How was he even remotely like a cat? That was the most absurd idea he had ever heard. Absolutely ridiculous. Outside at the checker board however, he did not get the ear chewing he had expected. Instead she asked, rather exasperated it seemed, about her previous girlfriends.

"My past girlfriends never made inquiries such as the kind you give me, so no, they never warranted my sharp tongue." He answered, moving a black piece diagonally into play. The rules to the game came back to him like riding a bike. "Whether or not they would understand it I never really cared enough to think about. They only dated me because my father has power and money. That and my looks are more than enough to impress simple minded mommy's girls. In the end, they all disgusted me. The rarely had a thought in their heads aside from what more they could get out of me and they started talking about marriage way too soon. I just wanted-" He stopped there. Checkers was distracting him, and he was talking too much. Lori didn't care what he wanted in a relationship, and therefore there was no need to drop those particular walls.

"King me" He murmured when his black piece had reached her side of the board.

{OOC: It's a live action rp I started with my closest friend and it's so crack I'm writing it down. She plays a bard chick who walks into a bar and goes looking for adventures to make songs about because she doesn't want to sing songs everyone has already heard. I play the owner of the tavern and he thinks she's gonna get herself killed so they set up a bet. Every time she comes back in one piece, he gives her a free drink and free room for the night and he gets to hear about her adventure before she sings it to the world.

And neato for the new pic. Can't wait to see it. I might give Oli a new look too then. Dunno. I'll see about it.}

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey made a face as Oliver started answering her. That response could either be considered a backhanded compliment or simply just an insult, which wasn't really clearing up...well, anything. She quirked a brow at him when he abruptly stopped speaking, but it didn't seem as though he was going to finish that train of thought. That assumption was (sort of) proven correct when he continued to play checkers silently. She nearly snorted; of all statements to leave open-ended, that was possibly one of the worst ones. Literally just about anything could go at the end of that sentence, though she was fairly certain she could narrow down what he'd been about to say. It had either been something that was sure to make her angry or something that would (somehow) make him seem vulnerable. Or maybe even both.

xxxxxUpon hearing him speak, she absently picked up a discarded black checker and set it on top of the one he'd gotten to her side. After another moment of deliberation, she commented, "They all disgusted you, yet they still never managed to be on the receiving end of your basically derogatory remarks. Are you aware that makes not a single lick of sense?" It was probably rather obvious she wasn't paying much mind to the checkers game, but she was the exact opposite of Oliver, once again--there were some questions she'd always had that she couldn't ever ask since her friends would give her "the look" to ensure she kept her mouth shut, but with no one around them to keep her entirely in check, she felt no need to keep her curiosity at bay. Granted, if his answers kept being so unsatisfactory, she'd probably give up.

|| ooc: Oh, wow, that actually sounds highly entertaining! I assume you two are having fun with it, then?
And you are free to do whatever you wish with him since he's your character. I will admit that right now, I imagine his voice as Michael J. Tatum's voice because his picture makes me think of Kyoya Ootori, lol.
Are you writing Ollie playing by himself, or is Libbey actually making moves? I don't mind either way, but I wasn't sure, so I made it as ambiguous as I could, haha. ||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:36 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Once again, Oliver was arguing with himself in his mind. Go back home and forget about this. She'll never be into you. And why do you want her so bad anyway? Just so you can say you've been with every girl in school? That's hardly necessary. You've already got that reputation.

The other side of him answered back meekly, It's not like that. She's the only one whose ever refused me. So you want to conquer her. No that's not it either. She obviously can't be conquered. Then she's a lost cause. NO!... She's perfect.

The clack of the plastic piece snapped him back to the game and he looked up at her when she asked yet another question. He moved his piece, taking one of her pieces in the process. "There was nothing I wanted to say to them that I thought they'd understand." He answered. "I also had an image to uphold. If I was rude and spoke my mind all the time they way you do, I'd never get anything I wanted. There's a certain restraint one must uphold to get where they want to go, but at the same time, if you hold back too much, you'll go nowhere." He waited for her to move now, but as he sat back to let her look for her next move, he heard his name called from the door of the place. He turned and was the waitress waving them over. "Looks like we got our table." He stood and held his hand out to her, offering to help her up, but not expecting her to actually take it. Still, he felt he should be civil, especially after the insults he had dumped on her. After all, she could have gone home and left him, but she was still there, willing to play checkers and share lunch. He must be doing something at least half-right. He did not peg her for the tolerant type.

{OOC: It's a lot of fun! His tavern was just burned down while they were both away visiting his mother in another town. The bard convinced him to travel with her and see the world and he agreed under the pretense of earning enough money to rebuild his inn.

I think it would be funny if he was playing by himself and then Lori kings him and they start playing together. Kind of a metaphor for their situation huh? wink }

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey absently fiddled with a lock of her hair, waiting rather patiently to see if Oliver would respond. If she were to be honest, she expected Oliver wouldn't even attempt to answer her question, so when he finally did speak, it was enough of a surprise that she blinked, watching him with her widened gaze for a quick moment before recovering and looking down at the checkers. She wasn't quite sure how Oliver had decided which side he wanted to have win during his solo playing, but with how the pieces were set up, it wasn't quite likely she'd be able to do any damage control and gain the upper hand. Granted, she (possibly for once) was curious about what Oliver had to say. Perhaps one day she would learn that curiosity never did do her any favors, but thus far it didn't seem to be causing her any harm. She lifted her gaze back up to the raven-haired boy as he continued to speak, mulling over his words longer than she normally would--probably a side-effect of curiosity, exhaustion, and exasperation.

xxxxxBy all rights, she probably should be offended. Perhaps only a little bit, but still offended, nonetheless. But a traitorous thought (one sounding quite like the voice of one of her few friends who hadn't dated Oliver but also hadn't hated him) piped up, Not everything he says is meant to be derogatory, Libbs. She almost laughed at it; since when had Oliver Marsh not meant to be insulting with his comments toward her? However, he'd really only referenced her to state he couldn't say whatever came to mind, and she couldn't quite fault him for that. She furrowed her brows slightly, and before she could stop herself, words filtered past her lips, "So, you're saying I'm someone you don't feel the need to censor yourself around?" She wanted to be irritated about that because he thought it was important to have a decent attitude around so many others. Instead she felt almost...pleased by it. Yeah, he pissed her off, and he could be a total jerk--but coupled with the fact that he'd flown here, he had to at least find her company tolerable, which possibly meant he wasn't acting like that just because he could get away with it.

xxxxxLibbey was glad to be dragged from her thoughts by the announcement that their table was ready, and it was a sign of her distraction that she actually accepted Oliver's hand and used it as leverage to pull herself up from the rocking chair. When she realized what she'd done, she slowly retracted her hand in an effort to be less obvious about the accidental acceptance. Pushing everything else to the back of her mind, she managed to smile and comment, "Good; I'm starving," as she walked around him and toward the waitress, following after her as she went inside to show them to their table.

|| ooc: Hehe~ That sounds quite awesome and amusing. ^^ I'm glad to hear you're having a good time writing it~
We can do that, lol. Though Libbs definitely isn't playing much. (Then again, I s'pose that's quite like their situation, as well.)
Urp. I know we said we didn't want to write them eating, and I'm not quite sure how far this can keep going, so feel free to time skip in the next post should the opportunity arise, unless you have an idea~||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:56 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Lori's last question gave Oliver something to think about. "I suppose that's one reason..." He confessed as he helped her up, and as she slowly took her hand away, he stated, "With you, it feels like more of a challenge in a game of whits when we are arguing. I don't know if that's because you're not impressed with my money and looks or if it's because the others were simply too... well, simple." He left it at that and followed her through the building to their table. He pulled the chair out for Lori, then took his seat and busied himself with the menu. As promised, biscuits and gravy were on it, and he ordered it, "To finally get the mental image right." He explained to Lori with a wink, hoping to lighten the mood. He did not want their first official lunch date to be a total flop.

~~~{time skip}~~~

"Well, that was quite a satisfying meal. Biscuits and gravy are definitely tasty. I can see why they're popular." pleased, he held the door open for Lori and thanked the woman at the front desk, then stepped into the sunlight. "I could go for something sweet right about now. What sort of sweets do you like and where do you go to get them." The meal had put him in a rather fine mood, and he hoped that Lori was in a better mood too. She seemed civil enough through lunch, but was that just her not wanting to draw attention or was she over the quarrel they had been in just before eating?

{OOC: Nope. No idea for the eating, but earlier I did think up something while listening to THIS. During the fireworks show for the 4th of July, he hands her an earbud to his music player. If she takes it, this would be playing while the fireworks explode around them. Picturing it gave me chills.
Also, the quotations in your quote to me are off. I did not get a notice that you posted and therefore thought you hadn't until I checked my guilds. Just so ya know whee }

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxThe response she received from Oliver was far less than satisfactory, and she wasn't in the mood to press for more information. It was just like him to give a response that didn't actually answer her question; however, she was quite accustomed to it, and therefore allowed the subject to be dropped until circumstances permitted it to be picked up again. They had their orders taken quickly after they were seated, and she almost smiled when Oliver ordered biscuits and gravy. If he hadn't added the extra statement and wink, she very well may have. Instead, she simply flicked her gaze back down to the menu and ordered sugar-cured ham and biscuits with a side of macaroni and cheese. She then prepared herself for what could be a long, but hopefully remotely civil, meal.

xxx

xxxxxAs they stepped outside, Libbey raised a hand to shield her eyes prior to pulling her sunglasses back down to settle on her nose. The strawberry blonde hummed softly to acknowledge Oliver's compliment about the food but otherwise didn't have a comment. The prospect of getting something sweet, however, caused her to turn and face him as she mulled over their options. "I like almost all types of sweets, actually. Cookies, pies, cupcakes, ice cream, fudge, pralines... We have shops that sell all of those, and sometimes more. Is there anything particular you'd like?" she queried, peering up at him expectantly. Lunch had made her a little sleepy, even though she'd slept in so late, and that combined with the warm day had her in a fairly agreeable mood. She wasn't sure how long it would last, though; that all depended on Oliver.

|| ooc: Bah. It's been a while; my next post should be better and something that you can actually respond decently to. I'm so sorry. x-x
But -- a new Libbey appears! //legasp
Yeah, so I may go back and fix the image, or I may not, but I wasn't able to find a blonde photo I liked and so...
apparently eating at that restaurant just miraculously changed her hair and eye colors, as well as other important facial features. c;
The hair looks pink, but we're gonna go with strawberry blonde.
Oh, and if you still want to do that firework+song idea, I'm down with that s'long as Libbey's in an agreeable mood, too.||

lunoh

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:50 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver watched Lori as they exited the area of the restaurant. It seemed their first meal together was a flop. She barely even responded when he commented about the food. He had hoped she would be at least a little smug that he had liked something she had suggested. However, when he mentioned sweets, she seemed to perk up. There was hope for this afternoon! Given the warmth of the day, and his low tolerance for the heat, ice cream sounded like the best option.

"Ice cream sounds spectacular!" He said enthusiastically. He pulled out his own sunglasses and placed them on his nose, then held out his arm in a gentlemanly gesture. He was reasonably sure she would ignore, but he had to keep trying. He only had five weeks and six days to convince her that he was not the scum of Earth. "Shall we? Again, my treat." With his free hand, he wiped away a drop of sweat that was trickling down his temple.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxIce cream was definitely the better choice for the heat, so Libbey was certainly not going to complain about that particular decision. She started to turn around to lead the way to the shop, but she stopped short when Oliver suddenly offered his arm. He had paid for lunch without making it seem like something grand, and he'd offered to pay for ice cream in much the same fashion... After a moment's hesitation, she finally reached out and hooked her arm around his, her hand settling near the crook of his elbow.

xxxxxIt felt weird, and remotely uncomfortable. She'd only ever linked arms with her friends, and even then that had been on very rare occasions. She didn't really enjoy being in such close contact with others, not even her own family, so to call her current predicament odd was an understatement. She tried not to focus on it and instead turned her thoughts back towards ice cream. "The shop's further into downtown, which means we're backtracking again," she explained as she started walking, expecting him to follow along given their arms were currently locked together. "But you should at least be familiar with the front half of downtown by the end of the afternoon," she added, an attempt at teasing that felt just as awkward as hooking arms with him.

|| ooc: A thought -- do we want to run into Libbey's town-friends at the ice cream shop, and then from there they could be invited to the park?
I know we wanted to have them meet at the park, but I thought that having them meet earlier
could give us something to play off, and if they arrive like this, it would make the "contest" more likely to occur.
Obviously you're allowed to play any of the friends. I was thinking maybe three guys, three girls? Two couples, two fifth-wheels, perhaps? ||

lunoh

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:30 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver had not expected Lori to accept his offered arm, so when she did, it took him off guard for a moment. He looked down at her hand in his arm, then back at Lori, then decided that if he made it even more weird she would surely stop and let go. So he went with it, and it made him hopeful. He didn't notice, but there was the slightest bounce in his step.

He let her guide him back into downtown, keeping pace with her easily. "Well, I suppose if I am to be here for the next six weeks, getting familiar with your city is a smart thing to do." He said cheerfully. With this new intention in mind, Oliver took in a better, focused look around him on their stroll to the ice cream parlor. Maybe if, one some future date they may or may not have, he could take her to wherever they were going without having her to direct. It was a small detail, but it somehow felt a bit like if he didn't know how to get to where he wanted to go, it made him inadequate.

After walking for a short while, Oliver looked sidelong at his arm and wondered how long she intended on humoring him. She was in a rarely agreeable mood it seemed, even though he thought breakfast had gone a bit mediocre. Was she putting herself out of comfort doing this? He couldn't imagine it otherwise. This arrangement of theirs had only been made the evening before. It hadn't even been a whole day since he had appeared on her front porch and set the last month and a half of her summer reeling. And yet, she was allowing him to escort her with her hand in his arm like they were actually close.

Looking at her, it was apparent that Lori was not comfortable. Why was she trying so hard then? He was the one forcing her to actually try dating. Was it normal for girls to put themselves out of their comfort for a relationship? Well sure, but those relationships weren't usually forced. With a sigh, he gently let his arm down. This was what he wanted, but he didn't want it if she didn't want it. He still made an effort to look pleased and cheerful, despite where his thoughts were going.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:28 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxThey did not end up going to the dog park that afternoon. After their trip to the ice cream parlor (where Libbey had the pleasure of finding out Oliver Marsh had never eaten ice cream on a cone and nearly rolled it off in his attempt which she would deny finding cute vehemently to her dying breath), the dark-haired male had requested they return back to her home, making a comment about the weather growing too warm. She had peered at him uncertainly, almost sure he was lying, but the heat and her full stomach combined made for a dangerously sleepy combo, and she ultimately did not refuse and informed him they could return at a later date. They had returned to her home without any other arguments and had spent the rest of the afternoon in the living room, a film playing on the television that Libbey only half-watched as she teetered on the edge of dozing off.

xxxxxTheir night passed mostly uneventfully, barring a brief discussion with her parents about the trip to the grocery store the following day as they listed off the items they would need for their cookout the day after. As it would be July 4th, her entire family would be gathering at her aunt and uncle's home for some fun festivities. It was an event the strawberry blonde typically enjoyed, but with Oliver joining, she had a feeling it was going to be much different and far more anxiety-inducing instead. Libbey didn't voice those thoughts, however, and soon after dinner, she showered and was able to retreat to her room after bidding Oliver a quick good night. Her phone had chimed shortly after she'd gotten comfortable in her bed, and she'd been pleasantly surprised to see her friends' invitation to hang out the following day at the dog park. She readily agreed and then set her phone's alarm to wake her earlier than usual, else she would never make it to the store and back in time to actually meet with her friends. It was only after it was too late that it dawned on her she'd have to endure her friends meeting Oliver, but she didn't want to bail on her friends over something so petty. After giving Mische a few scratches as a good night, she settled in under the covers, deciding she should attempt to sleep in an effort to wake up and be in a remotely agreeable mood that early in the morning.

--

xxxxxThe strawberry blonde made incoherent noises of disdain when her phone's alarm went off the following morning at the "ungodly" hour of 10 am. She hadn't slept well at all, and she wanted nothing more than to cover her head with her sheets and continue to sleep. She knew she had things to do that day, however, and so she forced herself up, rubbing her eyes as she shuffle-stumbled to her door and opened it. She made her way down the stairs, still practically half-asleep, her hand pushing her messy locks away from her face. As she entered the kitchen, she barely paid any mind to who all was in the kitchen, making a beeline for the coffee pot because her brain was at least able to process the fact she would need caffeine to face the day.

xxxxx"You're awake hours before noon, Libbs? Did we miss the announcement that the world is ending today?" her mother Kelsey queried incredulously. When the strawberry blonde shot a withering glare over her shoulder at the older woman, Kelsey simply laughed. It was their typical morning routine when her daughter actually showed up earlier than midday without being forced by their family since it was typically so rare. She was a little surprised she'd had the chance to use it against her two days in a row.

xxxxxLibbey (as always) chose to ignore her mother's comment, turning back to the coffee pot as she pulled a mug down from the cabinet and poured the coffee into it.

|| ooc: So this is very late (much later at night than I anticipated), but I figured out a new name (Elissabeth "Libbey" Kendal Cox - middle and last names stay the same for my sanity, lol) and found a new image and holy cow am I excited. ||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:59 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Ice cream had turned out to be a grand idea, even though Oliver had made a slight fool of himself by demonstrating quite clearly that he had never eaten ice cream from a cone before, nearly pushing the entire scoop right off and onto his lap. If not for Libbey’s aid, his walk home would have been accompanied by a noticeable, sticky stain on his pants. Thankfully that was avoided. At least it made the tension between them ebb a little. He was still feeling rotten after his behavior at lunch, not that he’d show it. Perhaps making a fool of himself would be a good way to change the direction of future arguments. It was something he had never once entertained in his life, but he had only six weeks to make this work. He couldn’t pull any punches here.

Disaster averted and ice cream consumed, the pair made their way back towards Libbey’s home. Oliver was still feeling some of the effects of his jet lag and had drastically overestimated his energy levels for the day. It was also quite a bit warmer than he was used to and that had tired him out some too. A night in was sounding more and more appealing. He restrained himself from causing anymore arguments that evening, a real effort for his sharp tongue and quick wit, but he managed. They relaxed and watched a film of Libbey’s choosing, though Ollie struggled to stay awake for the whole of it. He wasn’t the only one. A glance over at Libbey revealed she too was suffering with heavy eyelids. He smiled at that, glad he wasn’t the only one, and finding her sleepy expression rather endearing. She was cute when she wasn’t scowling at him. She was cute even when she was scowling at him, but he liked this better.

When it came time for dinner and grocery discussion, Olliver was content to sit and listen, not wanting to intrude upon her family’s customs and traditions. He gave his input only when asked about preferences, but for the most part, he was happy to partake in whatever they had planned. The Fourth of July, the day Americans celebrated their separation from Britain. There was something ironic about it. Oliver, a Brit, having been separated from Libbey, an American, but coming overseas to try and remedy that situation much like the soldiers King George the third had sent to try and rein in the rebellious colonists. He hoped his endeavors did not end the same.

Ollie yawned and heard his jaw pop. It was time for bed. Libbey beat him to the punch this time, bidding everyone goodnight before he had opened his mouth to do the same. He followed suit, thanking Libbey’s parents again for their hospitality and followed Libbey up the stairs, though she was already in her room with the door closed by the time he got up there. He wondered if she was still irked at him from earlier or if this was normally how she was at bedtime. He didn’t know what he had expected. Another goodnight? She had already said it once, and it wasn’t like he was accustomed to having more attention. He was rather lonesome at home, having a huge house but being an only child with his mother dead and his father constantly off for business or some such. Why then did he feel so abnormally isolated? Was it that he was far from the familiarity of home? That had to be it. He nodded to himself and made his way to the spare room, going through his nightly routine and falling into bed with a heavy sigh.

Again Oliver woke early, covered in sticky sweat. He grumbled at himself for forgetting again to open a window and turn on a fan. He rolled out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to wash himself up before going downstairs. Once again it was just him and Libbey’s mother Kelsey awake, and the older woman seemed just as happy to have his company as the morning before. He also enjoyed having someone to talk to, and was in brighter spirits for it. He asked his way around the kitchen, wanting to put on a kettle for some tea he had brought from home. He offered a cup to Kelsey, even though he could smell the coffee she had brewing on the other counter. With his breakfast tea and a couple slices of toast with jam, Oliver sat and had a pleasant morning with the lady of the house.

To his surprise, Libbey came downstairs early. “Good morning, Sunshine.” He said with a smile, sipping his tea. “Sleep well?”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:23 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey was blindly grabbing some french vanilla creamer from the fridge when she heard a masculine voice that didn't sound like her father's but was still familiar. Her mind didn't fully process whose voice it was until she'd added the creamer to her coffee, when the male spoke again with a question directed at her, and she froze for a brief moment. How the hell had she forgotten about Oliver again? Releasing an inaudible sigh, she returned the creamer and fished out a coffee stirrer to mix the creamer in correctly before tossing the stirrer into the trashcan nearby.

xxxxxCupping the mug in her hands, she turned and took the same seat beside Oliver as she had the prior morning, blinking sleepily as her mother shook her head with a faux exasperated sigh. "I once again ask you to forgive her, Oliver. She's incapable of niceties this early in the morning." Her words were a gentle reprimand that had the strawberry blonde sighing once again, though audibly that time, shifting her gaze over to the raven-haired boy beside her.

xxxxx"Morning," she greeted, her voice thick and sleep-coated. Her brain took a moment to recall what question he'd asked, and she shrugged with an, "Eh," prior to taking a sip of her coffee. Her gaze landed once more on her mother, who arched a single brow at her, and she made a face at the older woman before looking back at Oliver and prompting, "You?"

xxxxxKelsey shook her head, wondering if her younger daughter would ever adjust to being remotely social in the mornings. "I have some errands I need to run today, Libbs, so I'll be heading out. The grocery list we came up with last night is on the counter. I dropped your father off at work this morning, so we'll likely grab something out to eat when I pick him up tonight. Let me know if you want to do your own thing or want us to bring you something. Hope you two have fun today with whatever you've planned!"

xxxxxLibbey hummed around her next sip of coffee, her mother's informational assault slowly forcing her into waking up. "Thanks, Mom, drive safe," she answered noncommittally.

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:05 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver tried not to stare as Libbey made her way over to the coffee maker to pour herself a mug. He loved the pure, raw, unfiltered grumpiness she emanated with her disheveled hair and groggy expression, but her mother was present. He had to keep himself in check, if only a little. Showing affectionate attention to his “girlfriend” shouldn’t be a problem for a hopeless romantic like Kelsey. He left the lazy smile on his face, but made sure not to stare for too long. When she came to sit by her, he wanted so badly to plant a peck on her cheek, just to see her reaction, but he held back. She seemed still half asleep and the last thing he wanted was for Libbey to do something that would throw their fake relationship into question.

Kelsey tutted about her daughter’s lack of decorum in the morning, prompting Libbey to make a half attempt at a good morning to him. He let out a soft chuckle and gave Kelsey a knowing grin before answering Libbey, “Like a babe.” It was a lie, but he didn’t want to break the façade of being perfectly functional. He was relishing his upper hand here.

He finished his toast, washing it down with some more of his tea as Kelsey explained her day to them, a conversation he needn’t be a part of. He stayed quiet until it was only him and Libbey left in the kitchen. He looked over at his “girlfriend” with a light grin, still enjoying her dozed state. “Surely you’re not up this early out of excitement to spend another day with me. What’s the occasion?” He leaned his elbow on the table and rested his chin in his hand, eyes dancing.

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces