Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
ᴍακε ʜзя ᴍιηϵ | one x one | w/ Lunoh~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So... what do you think? ^^;
  I wanna join! <3
  This idea sucks. </3
  Eh, I may read along...
  <.< -steals gold and runs-
View Results

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:54 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver opened the fridge and found the water pitcher no problem. It was finding the cupboard with the glasses in it that was the challenge, but after his third attempt, he found the correct shelf and pulled himself out a glass. As he pour the water, the trickle seemingly loud in the quiet, empty kitchen. Well, it had been quiet, but a voice broke the silence, and Oliver turned to see Lori's mother come into the kitchen, "Good morning, Mrs. Cox. I slept like a rock, thank you." He said with a smile as he finished pouring his water. While she explained the household's normal morning routine, he took the water pitcher over to the sink to refill it, remembering how Lori had explained that it used tap water and filtered it. That done, he returned it to the fridge and closed the door, going back to his glass of water.

"I'm an early bird by nature, though today I seem to have slept in a bit. I normally go running before the sun comes up." He looked out the window, "But the sun beat me outside today." He said with another smile. He sauntered over to the kitchen table and sat, placing his cup down. "I would love some eggs and bacon. Can you make over easy eggs?" He asked. He loved to dip the bacon and toast in the runny bit of yoke. "If you would like, I could make toast." He offered. Having house servants to cook, he hadn't a clue how to himself, but he at least knew how to stick bread in a toaster and butter it once toasted.

~~~~~

Breakfast had been delicious, and now Oliver sat at the table, letting Kelsey and Nicole wash the mess while he read the news of America. It had been a slight bit awkward when Nicole had come in, but Oliver finally managed to introduce himself to her properly to her. He didn't know what to make of her yet, but it seemed there were tensions between the siblings.

At Kelsey's words, Oliver looked up from the newspaper to see, between the frames of Kelsey and Nicole, Lori in all her half asleep wonder stumble into the kitchen. She hadn't seemed to notice him, so he remained silent, watching her and waiting for eye contact before he sang out, "Good morning Sunshine!" every bit affectionate.

x-Beautiful---Delusions-x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxPartial green and silver eyes met icy blue, set in an oddly familiar place, but it wasn't until the boy sang a greeting that the strawberry blonde choked on her chocolate drink, quickly setting the cup down on the counter. Everything about the day before came crashing down on her, and it was then that she realized she probably looked like a mess. This was not how she'd planned to start off her day. Suddenly wide awake, she darted out of the kitchen and back through the living room, tripping several times as she climbed the stairs. It was only when she was in the safety of her room, door closed and her back pressed against it, that she groaned and rubbed her hands over her face. Dear heavens, Oliver Marsh was in her house. How had she forgotten that? And there was no telling what her mother was likely saying to him, for she'd heard the amusement as she'd scrambled back upstairs. With a heavy sigh, she pushed herself off her door and quickly made her way to her closet, picking out a black tank and a white loose crop top with a black Deathly Hallows symbol on it. She then found a pair of blue jean capris too wear, and, after changing, she made her way out of her room and back into the bathroom, seeking out the hairbrush to tame her hair.

xxxxxShe wasn't great, but it'd have to do -- and it was definitely better than how she'd looked. After making a face at herself in the mirror, she put the hairbrush back where it belonged, vowing to smack her sister with it if she moved it again. She honestly thought Nicole did it just for spite sometimes. With a deep breath to prepare herself, Libbey finally returned downstairs, scowling at her mother as the woman grinned and said, "Nice of you to rejoin us."

---

xxxxxAfter Libbey had darted out of the kitchen, her mother had indeed laughed, looking over at the black-haired teen seated at the table. "I do believe she forgot you were here, Oliver." Her eyes were bright with her amusement, and now that the dishes were finished, she rejoined Oliver at the kitchen table. Nicole suddenly spoke up about leaving since her boyfriend was there, and out of habit, Kelsey called for her to be safe and have fun before she realized she'd done it. The woman was still musing over her younger daughter's response to seeing Oliver, and she propped her elbow on the table, resting her chin in her palm. "She's probably mortified. I'm afraid we might have teased her a bit too much about her morning appearance and behavior." Her tone said she was entirely unrepentant on that matter, though.

xxxxxShortly after that, her daughter had returned, and said daughter walked over to the counter to grab her discarded cup of Yoohoo before facing the dilemma of sitting at the table. It didn't take long for her to realize she would be expected to sit beside Oliver, but that prospect was not the first thing she wanted to do in the mornings. Putting that thought away, she made herself walk over to the kitchen table and take the vacant seat next to the black-haired teen, glancing at him as an embarrassed blush crept into her face. "Morning," she greeted quietly before directing her attention to the cup she had framed in her hands. Barely resisting a grimace, she added, "Did you sleep okay?"

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver could not help but sputter out a small laugh when Lori nearly choked on her drink and scurried out of the room. She was so adorable when she was half asleep, and Oliver had never had the privilege of witnessing it until now. He savored it, watching as her pajama covered frame disappeared up the stairs. His laughing fit calmed and he sighed audibly, a happy smile still tugging at his lips. "That was adorable. I have yet to catch her so off guard. I suppose she did forget that I came to visit. It was a surprise after all." He sat back in his chair and sipped his water, having refilled it during breakfast.

Oliver looked across at Kelsey as she bid her eldest farewell, then nodded in agreement when she spoke of the teasing. "So forgive me for my naivete, but what sort of things are there to do around here. I want to take Lori out, but I don't want to bore her with my getting lost." He asked the older woman. He had never been to America with such free time. It was always on business trips with his father, and he was always sent to do errands or told to stay put in the hotel. His only amusement would come from the hotel bar, where he would show off his skills in pool and darts. He rather enjoyed the laid back yet unpredictable atmosphere of bars. He somehow doubted he should suggest that to Lori or her mother though. He shook the thought away and returned his gaze to Kelsey, but then Lori came in. He turned and smiled at his now dressed girlfriend and answered, "I slept well, thanks. I assume so did you considering you clean forgotten I was here it seems." He said, laughter in his voice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey had picked up her glass to take another sip of her chocolate drink, and as such, she was incapable of responding immediately. However, she did shoot Oliver a dark look over the rim of the cup that caused her mother to laugh. "We're only teasing you, Libbey. Why don't you eat something? You're always in a better mood after you've had something to eat." The strawberry blonde set her glass down on the table, muttering incoherently beneath her breath as she made her way into the pantry. Knowing they likely had a couple of minutes, she grinned at Oliver and spoke in a hushed tone, "Don't worry about getting lost. I'm afraid there isn't too much to do in our town. At least, not that she likes. Mostly we have little odd shops that can hold some cute or interesting items, but the only store we could ever get her into was a bookstore. I know it will sound odd, but a couple of roads away you'll run into a dog park with a playground to the left of it and a creek behind it. She hasn't been there this summer, but I know she likes going there. There's always at least one person there with his or her dog, and it's sometimes the chosen hangout place." After pausing, she added, "Plus, Libbey's a fan of swings. Sometimes I swear she's still a six-year-old."

xxxxxWhile her mother spoke about the lack of places to go, Libbey was finding it quite difficult to find something to eat given the lack of food in the pantry. She didn't really want to eat leftover pizza just yet -- in fact, she had been hoping to find a box of cereal because she was actually wanting some style of breakfast -- but no dice. With a frown, she perused through the shelves once more before she finally gave up on cereal and instead nabbed a packet of Cookies and Creme poptarts. When she returned to the seat she had just vacated, she opened the packet of poptarts and broke off a piece before popping it in her mouth. Her mother glanced down at the packet before sighing. "Oh, I'm so glad to see you eating such nutritious food," she remarked sarcastically, receiving a glare from her daughter.

xxxxxAfter swallowing the bite of poptart, the teen pouted before replying, "I wanted cereal, but we don't have any. We also don't have any cereal bars, nor do we have granola bars. I didn't really want anything lunch-like, but even if I had, there wasn't anything in the pantry that I would eat for lunch either. So I ended up with poptarts." To emphasize her point, she broke off another piece of poptart and popped it in her mouth.

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver debated scratching the side of his nose, but it seemed Lori was normally in a fowl mood in the morning anyhow, so he left it alone. He sat, looking out the window fondly as he listened to Lori's mother go through the few things Lori liked to do here. Oliver was fond of bookstores too, and the park sounded lovely. Perhaps he could persuade Lori to show him around the town and stop by those places. A stop at the bookstore, grab some lunch and go to enjoy it at the park. That would be a lovely little trip. The only problem was Lori. She would likely oppose him every step of the way.

As Oliver gazed out the window, he chewed on the inside of his cheek, thinking. He heard the little argument about suitable breakfast in the background, but paid it no mind. After a moment, he looked across the table at Lori, glancing at her dessert of a breakfast with a raised eyebrow, but he said nothing. Instead he smiled, "When you're done eating, how about you take me around to see the town? Help me get acquainted with the sights?" He asked. "I'll but lunch." He offered.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey happened to glance at Oliver in time to see him raising a brow as he looked in the direction of her poptarts. She raised both her brows back at him silently, daring him to comment, but he caught her off-guard when he smiled and proceeded to ask if she would show him around town. Her immediate response was to say no because that meant she'd have to spend time with him, alone. However, that wasn't exactly how a girlfriend should respond, so objecting to it in front of her mother would be a bad idea. And he probably knew that, which was likely why he'd brought it up in front of her. Deciding she could be dramatic in her response and get away with it (while still expressing her true desire to not do it) she heaved an overly-dramatic sigh and answered, "I suppose I can do that."

xxxxxHer mother laughed and shook her head. "And here I'd thought you wouldn't act like a drama queen in front of him. I must have been sorely mistaken. Did you act like this at school, too?"

xxxxxLibbey barely repressed a grin, but her lips twitched before she could take on a solemn look. "Oh, yes. All the time. I gave American girls such a bad reputation," she answered before breaking off another bite of her poptart.

xxxxx"Please tell me you at least attempted to eat better there," her mother replied in kind, feigning exasperation.

xxxxxAt this Libbey's brow quirked. "Considering they never ran out of food to supply us starving teens with, yes, I think I ate marginally better there. I even stomached a salad several times."

xxxxxHer mother grinned before shaking her head. "Your hint has been taken. I'll leave some money and a list on the counter tomorrow so that you and Oliver can go grocery shopping."

xxxxx"What? No! Mom, that's not fair! I had to do it last time!" the strawberry blonde exclaimed with a frown. "Why don't you make Nicole go? All she's done this summer is hang out with Grayson!"

xxxxxHer mother shook her head, answering, "I'm sorry, Libbey, but it's only fair when you've been gone for most of the year. Nicole, your father, and I have done our fair share of grocery shopping without you. Besides, we need some things that we know Oliver will eat. We can't let him starve." Her tone had lightened up at the end, indicating that she was joking about letting him go hungry.

xxxxxLibbey didn't have a rebuttal to that comment, but the expression on her face showed she didn't like it, either. It wasn't like she'd wanted to be away from her family for that many months out of the year. Almost all the other students had gotten to see their families quite regularly, and during the smaller holidays, she'd rarely been able to go home because it was too expensive to pay for a flight for just a few days of being home. She was able to go home twice a year -- once during the summer, and once during the winter holidays. Most of the breaks had been spent at the school, when the school was basically barren except for a few students -- and the random staff who chose to stay because of those students.

xxxxxHer appetite slightly ruined, she managed to finish off the last bit of her poptart and got up to go and find a baggy to keep the second one a little more fresh. After placing the poptart in the bag and closing it, she set it next to the box and came back out of the pantry. She walked over to the table and grabbed her mostly-empty glass before taking it to the sink and rinsing it out. Turning back around, she chanced a glance at her mother that showed the woman looked slightly contrite, which only served to make the teen feel worse. She actually wanted out of the house now, even if it meant spending time with Oliver. Looking at said male, she offered a slight smile. "I need to grab my purse and put on some shoes. The main part of town is just a couple blocks away, so it's probably easier to walk. We can leave through the front door," she explained before turning and heading into the living room and up the stairs.

xxxxxHer mother released a slight sigh and smiled wryly at Oliver. "I'm sorry about that. I forget being there wasn't always fun for her. She really hated the week-long school holidays. While you're walking, suggest getting some ice cream after lunch or something. It should make her more agreeable."

|| ooc: Wow, I didn't even know it had gotten this long; this got away from me. I'm so sorry. Libbey will become a little more agreeable while they're out, though, I promise. ||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:06 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver chuckled, rolling his eyes as sarcastically as Lori's response was. He smiled calmly as she and her mother bantered on, folding the paper and lacing his fingers together and placing his chin atop them, elbows on the table. His normally metal blue eyes shown brightly in the sunlight, as if it were shining through ice as they bounced from speaking woman to speaking mother. At the mention of grocery shopping, his smiled brightened. He was really starting to love Lori's mother. She was an endless fountain of opportunities for him to be alone with Lori, and he was fairly certain the crafty woman was aware of what she was doing. His smile towards her was a grateful one.

As Lori put away the other Pop Tart, Oliver watched her, and when she actually smiled at him, he had to keep himself from blinking in shock. he kept his pleasant smile and simply nodded. "I... I'll grab my things and meet you at the door then." he answered as she left for the stairs. He stood to follow, his wallet and things were upstairs, in the spare bedroom, but stopped when Kelsey spoke, looking at her. "Please, don't apologize on account of Lori. For as long as I've known her, she has been as argumentative, but I must confess, it was her stubbornness that ultimately drove me wild about her." He placed his empty cup in the sink and exited the kitchen.

In the room, Oliver opened his backpack and took out his spare clothes and the book he had packed, laying them neatly on the bed that he had been sure to make when he got up. His plain, black backpack now empty of everything except a flashlight and his wallet, he grabbed his jacket and went back downstairs to wait for Lori by the front door, as she had specified.

((It's fine. It is in character for her to be so abrasive. Oliver would appreciate it though, ha ha. By the way, found a better song for Oliver. Here it is. Breathe You In))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:04 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxUpon entering her room, Libbey found herself a little hesitant and uncertain as she was faced with her empty, but very comforting, beckoning bed. She just wanted to lock herself in her room and get lost in whatever form of entertainment she could. But that was not an option. In fact, she was sure that if she stalled too long, her mother would come upstairs and drag her outside before handing her over to Oliver to continue being dragged along. Since her goal was to keep from bothering her mother any further (and therefore keeping herself from being in a more foul mood), the strawberry blonde quickly pushed those thoughts and urges away, retreating into her closet. Making a face at her shoes, she decided it'd be easiest to simply wear a pair of black Sanuk flip flops; she never got to wear them often, so when she had the opportunity, she tried to seize it. Feeling satisfied with that course of action, she emerged from the closet, her eyes immediately searching for her purse. She spotted it beside her nightstand -- the black and white floral pattern barely standing out against her dark furniture. After retrieving it, she nodded in a satisfied manner and turned to head back downstairs when her gaze fell upon a pair of white sunglasses on her desk. She scooped them up and settled the frames comfortably on her head, the temples hooking comfortably around her ears.

xxxxxUnconsciously she let out a puff of air before walking into the hallway of the second floor, shutting the door to her room behind her. She could see Oliver waiting where she'd asked, and she felt slightly grateful that he'd actually listened to her. As she made her way down the stairs, she called out, "Mom, we're leaving!" It was simple courtesy and respect to at least tell her mother that much.

xxxxxThe teen wasn't expecting her mother to be in the living room. "All right! Be safe, and have fun, you two!" her mother's voice responded, coming from the general direction of the couch, and a glance at said couch confirmed her suspicions, as her mother was looking back over the couch to smile at them.

xxxxxLibbey managed a smile for her mother, nodding in response to the typical farewell. There really wasn't much to get up to in their small town, so she wasn't sure what trouble her mother was expecting. Given that her mother was watching them, the teen reached down and tentatively curled her fingers around his, her other hand reaching out and opening the front door. She quickly slipped outside, tugging Oliver along with her, her eyes narrowing into a squint as the sunlight hit her pupils. She pulled the sunglasses down from her head and perched them on her nose before reaching around the black-haired teen and pulling the door shut behind him. She then walked down the front porch steps and started down the driveway. She wasn't planning on holding his hand for long, but they at least needed to be out of sight of the house before she dared releasing it. Her mother could be quite nosy, particularly when it dealt with her daughters, so she wouldn't put it past the woman to peer out the windows to watch her and Oliver. "I'm not sure where to go once we get into the town area; there are a lot shops, so if you wanna stop by anything, say something." Her voice was a little quiet, but it was the pleasantness of her tone that should have given away that she was not entirely focused on the present situation.

|| ooc: I'm sure he would. She might be a bit more... quiet than normal, but it'll pass, and she'll end up enjoying it, though I'm still debating on her telling Ollie that or not. Also, as it is now seven am I fell asleep several times while answering this orz I'm not going to answer your comment just yet, and I wanted to send a PM to you about some more things for this, but I'm about to pass out. So I will give three hints as to what I wanna address: cliche cutesy piano lesson between them, cliche thunderstorm/comfort thing, and ideas for the thing we want to have happen in England.
I like that song for him; I'll change it now. c: I might should see if there's a better one for Libbey, but I'm so lazyyy. ||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:04 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

The quiet conversation between hostess and house guest ended just as Lori came down the stairs. Oliver, now sporting his black, zip up jacket over his plain white tee and his worn, comfortable jeans. He stepped aside to let her pass and get the door,Not expecting Lori to take his hand, but was happy for it, even if it was only to fool her mother. He gave a quick wave at Kelsey as Lori pulled him out the door, "Thank you! We will!" He called before the door closed.

Outside, Oliver had to squint in the sunlight as his eyes adjusted to the light. He should have thought to bring sunglasses, but as it was usually mostly cloudy in England, the thought had never once crossed his mind. Again, his usually gray blue eyes shone more like melting ice in a crystal pool of water.

After blinking quite profusely, his eyes finally adjusted to the brightness and he was able look about normally. He glanced down at his hand, a feeling of warm giddiness filling him as he saw her hand still grasping it. Was this really happening? he asked himself, but at the same time he thought, Of course it's happening. You're pretty much extorting it out of her. he took a sharp breath and let it out, expelling that last thought with his exhale, then turned to her as they walked, "Nice day for a walk, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxThe strawberry blonde glanced up at Oliver, taking note that he didn't have sunglasses on him. It had been rare to need them in England, so she couldn't say she was too surprised he didn't have them on. "Did you bring sunglasses with you? If not, you may want to buy some while we're out. It's not very common for us to have cloudy days," she explained, which was true. In fact the sun was not as bright that day as it could have been, and there were a few clouds in the sky, though not many. He would most likely appreciate sunglasses at some point, so it'd be best for him to buy some if he hadn't thought to bring any with him. His sharp breath had her frowning up at him, but she didn't comment on it, not that he gave her much time to do so since he commented on the weather. She shrugged slightly, the motion reminding her she was holding Oliver's hand and causing her hand to twitch slightly as she fought the urge to release it. She probably needed to practice getting used to it anyway. "I guess; it's normal weather for us, though. The weather tends to stay mild throughout the changing seasons."

xxxxxShe wasn't sure what to talk about; this whole situation was insanely odd for her. Of all people to be walking into town with -- holding hands with -- it had never once dawned on her that it could be Oliver Marsh. His hand was warm, and oddly soft, so it wasn't terrible, except for the fact that it belonged to a guy she didn't really like. At all. Thinking about it like that wasn't going to help, though; she would probably have to do this far more often than she'd like, so she needed to make herself pretend she liked it. Maybe she could try imagining it was someone else, but she had a feeling that would only last until he opened his mouth to speak, so that plan wasn't exactly foolproof. Frowning, she started mulling over the different ways she could trick herself into holding his hand without feeling the ever-present urge to jerk her hand away. While it wouldn't be needed on this outing, she knew she wouldn't be able to avoid it if she were out with any of her family members. Huh; there was a thought; maybe she could always imagine Nicole was with them. That would probably give her motive enough to keep up the appearance.

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

As if in answer to his mental reevaluation of his optic needs, Lori confirmed his thoughts of buying a pair of sunglasses. "No, I didn't bring any sunglasses. I will buy a pair when I see one." He muttered, slightly distracted by the fact that his hand was still in hers. He kept his hand a gentle grip on hers, wanting to keep this warn feeling of her hand in his, the warm, soft skin of her palm and fingers gripping his. He had held hands before, but it was never with any real affection. Both he and the woman in question were in the relationship for mutual benefits, not love. Now that he was trying for her affections, not trying for a good standing with her family or status in school, the feeling of holding hands was far more rewarding, even if it was a one sided gesture of affection.

However, he knew how uncomfortable she was with this, and he had a fleeting moment of self doubt. What if she didn't start to fall for him? What if, after these six weeks, she still hated him. Could he really walk out of her life with out a second glance? He let his hand grow lax in hers, allowing his to fall from her grasp should she let it. "So where are we headed first? Your town, you're tour guide." he asked, trying to lighten the mood even further by giving her the reins. He knew she liked the bookstore, and the park, and ice cream, thanks to the information from her mother. He resolved to try and steer the day to encompass all of that and maybe score some points in the "Oliver isn't really all that bad" area.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey made a humming noise and nodded to affirm that she'd heard Oliver speak. Her thoughts were straying to several different things as they walked, and she wasn't really paying much attention to anything around her. She'd always hated making her mother feel bad about things, especially when her mother had no reason to; it wasn't her mother's fault that the boarding school was a touchy subject with her. She'd enjoyed it immensely, but sometimes it had just been overwhelming and oppressive, so if she was ever in the wrong mood when it was brought up, her responses were not always happy ones, as was the case that day. Releasing a soft sigh, she brought a hand up and rubbed at her face, momentarily forgetting she was wearing sunglasses. She made a slightly wounded noise as the sunglasses pushed uncomfortably into her skin, and she quickly adjusted them to their correct spot once more.

xxxxxThe teen blinked when she felt the pressure around her hand release, and she glanced up at Oliver in a somewhat questioning way. She opened her mouth to remark on it when he spoke once more, and she frowned at the way he'd worded it before deciding she promptly did not want to continue holding his hand. Allowing his hand to slide from hers, she kept quiet as she thought about where to take him. She really didn't know all that much about him, so she hadn't the faintest idea what he would enjoy seeing. "I thought we would find you some sunglasses first. There's a store in town that only sells those, and they have just about every style or color you can think of," she answered, clasping her hands together in front of her. "To be honest, I don't know where to take you. I don't really know what you like," she muttered, glancing up at him once more.

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:04 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver placed his now empty hand in his pocket and sauntered along casually. A dog barked in a yard they passed, and he looked over, a sparkle in his eye. He refrained, as he so often had to, from going over and patting the pooch on it's fuzzy head. A soft smile spread on his lips as he looked back to where he was walking. As he walked, the sunlight sifted through the leaves of the tree limbs above, the light glinting off of his clean, soft ebony hair, the fine strands ruffling ever so slightly in the light breeze. It felt nice, warmer than England, but still cool and refreshing.

"A store devoted completely to sunglasses? Your city sells that many sunglasses?" he found it a bit odd, but he had never gone shopping in a middle class area before, let alone and American middle class area. "So that'll be our first stop then. After... Hmm, well I like books and music. Does that help?" he fiddled around with a piece of lint in his pocket as he walked next to Lori, hoping she would suggest the library or bookstore and lighten up a bit.

(( Sorry my posts are short. I'm always tired and it's dialogue. I don't like being redundant in describing surroundings and posture, and Oliver's hasn't changed much))

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey couldn't hold back the laughter that bubbled up at Oliver's question, and as such it took her a moment to calm herself down. It had been quite unexpected, but it was definitely not unappreciated. She grinned cheekily up at him. "Yes, actually, we do. There are a lot of different types of sunglasses, and people like a selection. It's quite normal to find them in many cities around here. It's not a huge store, like a department store or something, but it's probably the size of a jewelry store. The more expensive sunglasses are kept in cases." She debated on explaining more but decided against it. "You'll see." His suggestions had her humming before she bit down on her lower lip in thought. There was a bookstore she was quite fond of, and there was also a store that sold random instruments -- though mostly pianos, guitars, and violins. She hadn't been there in a while, but it was a possible stop. "There is a bookstore near the sunglass store, probably a block away. And then it's been a bit since I've been to the music shop, but they have a variety of instruments and sheet music and such. They also have an upstairs where they sell CD's and vinyl records."

xxxxxTugging on a strand of her strawberry blonde hair, she frowned slightly, trying to recall what all he'd said at the table when she was eating. He'd mentioned lunch, hadn't he? She wasn't sure when he'd last eaten. "I know you mentioned lunch earlier. If you're hungry, we can get lunch before we visit the shops. If you're not hungry, we can visit them afterwards." Even if she didn't like the guy, there was no need to make him starve. She wasn't entirely unfeeling. Besides, she'd probably be hungry again rather soon. The sugary poptart was not bound to hold her over for very long.

|| ooc: No worries; it's fine. I quite dislike just having dialogue only myself, so getting to a point where there's something going on would be helpful for us both, I believe. Don't worry about the sizes right now; so long as we can still answer each other, I'm fine with it, so long as you're all right with it. Also, feel free to skip around a bit, if you'd like. Can't imagine there's too much to do until they get to a music store or something. ||

io3121

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:11 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

The sunglasses shop sounded mildly interesting, but the mention of a music store perked him up. As much as this trip was an adventure, having never been allowed to sight see when here with his father on business, he was still far from home, and far from anything he could take comfort from. He had his mp3 player with him at all times, but there was only so much comfort one could get from recorded data playing in his ears. He wanted to hear it in person, he wanted to play it himself.

He didn't look away from the sidewalk in front of him when he answered Lori about lunch. "I'm not hungry right now, your mother cooked a nice breakfast that satisfied me for a while." he nodded to the buildings in front of him in indication that they were reaching the end of the residential area of the city and entering the shopping district. "So, sunglasses first?" He asked as they crossed the street.

A little bell chimed when the door to the shop was opened and the two young adults stepped into the shop filled with glasses. Oliver's eyebrows shot up at the surprisingly impressive amount of shades there were, and just as Lori had said, expensive brand names were locked away safe in glass display cases. "Welcome!" greeted the man behind the counter. It was quite empty in here, but Oliver chalked that up to be due to the fact that this store had been open for only about an hour, judging by the sign on the door. "Let me know if there's anything I can help you with." He stated, then continued his business. Oliver looked up at the walls and walls of sunglasses, not sure where to start.

((One thing, I was wondering if Lori should get a phone call from her "Friend" during the outing. There would be a better chance of her hearing Oliver in the background than if Lori called her from home, considering she doesn't want anyone she knows to know about Oliver.))

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces