Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Angelique's Teepee

(All involved: Adalind Sangfroid, Pavlov, Sonja, Aydan, Apple Blossom, Gregor Smirnov, Wolfgang Sangfroid, Natasha Kaari, Viatyl Arachne, Barnabas Bashir, Rio Du Rhinehart & Amaranth Amora plus various familiars)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 pm
Pavlov was dozing peacefully when he heard a familiar voice calling him from a deep, tranquil sleep.

”Papa?” Adalind’s tuff of a tail flipped back and forth excitedly as she waited for her father to wake up. By now she knew better than to stick her nose right in his face when he was waking up. All it would result in was her papa yelping, jumping up, and sputtering and they were already late as was. “Papa, come on! Wake up!” she butted his neck gently, mindful of her horns after the last time…and her mama wasn’t here right now to calm him down today.

Pavlov opened one eye slowly and spotted a familiar figure, which was good, because he’d totally freak out if someone outside of his family was bumping him to wake him. “Don’t you ever sleep in?” he asked and tried to roll over to fall back asleep. It wouldn’t work, he knew. Addy was stubborn (got that from her mother, he was certain) and wouldn’t give up until he got up. But she didn’t have to know she’d get her way every time. That would be just plain dangerous for a filly at this age.

”Papa!” Adalind huffed and stomped her hoof. “We are Late! Come on and get your lazy butt up!”

”Late for what?” Pavlov finally asked looking up at the pouty child. “Addy, what are you talking about?”

”The playdate,” Adalind said as if it was obvious, though the look that flashed on her father’s face said otherwise. “The pony/pet playdate?” she elaborated and continued because her father stilled looked confused. “Grimm has been waiting for it all month, Papa!”  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:57 pm
Pavlov blinked a few times trying to absorb the information. It didn’t completely shock him that such a thing as a pony/pet playdate existed, but he was a bit shocked that Grimm was excited about it. The rabbit was typically a solitary creature, mainly because others found him to be a little….demanding. “Grimm, you don’t really want to go to this thing, do you?” but to his shock the rabbit was tapping his foot impatiently. He couldn’t imagine Why the rabbit wanted to go, but with Grimm and Addy both pushing for this little outing, it didn’t seem like he’d have much of a choice. “Fine, let’s go. I assume you two know where you’re going?”

”Of course,” Adalind said cheerfully trotting along with Grimm hopping at her heels. “The big open meadow down by the river, it’s not too far,” she assured her papa. “Come on!”

Pavlov sighed and followed his daughter’s lead. He found it suspicious that Grimm seemed so eager to go out and socialize. It was almost worth going out to see what exactly had the rabbit’s interest. Besides, it got Addy out and about and she was another one who hesitated to socialize, that he figured came from him. It wasn’t long before he saw the indicated meadow and several other soquili with familiars occupying it. “Grimm, are you sure about this…” he questioned spotting a mountain lion rolling around the ground and a hawk soaring above. But the rabbit was long gone. It took him a moment, but Pavlov finally spotted the hare with…another rabbit, a pretty one at that. Snow white with a little pink nose. “That’s why he wanted to come?!?!?” he almost chocked on his shock.

Adalind laughed at her father’s expression, “Of course, Papa – you’d follow mama, anywhere, wouldn’t you?” She watched Grimm bound around the other rabbit who seemed to stare off in disinterest. “He….he’s not doing too well, is he?”

Pavlov cringed as the little white rabbit gave Grimm a swift kick to the head and bounded off towards a mini mare with similar coloring. “No…” he conceded feeling sympathy for the rabbit even through the dark hare was known for giving him similar treatment. “That’s not going well at all. Adalind, I only know a few of these soq and not particularly well maybe we should go hom…” he looked down and saw that Addy was gone. Already off and…socializing? That was odd.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:09 pm
”You look nervous, Pavlov,” the mare said landing lightly beside. “I mean, you always look nervous. But more so now.” She followed his previous sight lines and gasped. “By the spirits, is that your daughter? I can see the resemblance, how precious! Congratulations!”

“Hello, Sonja. It’s been a little while,” Pavlov offered a half smile to one of the first kind souls he’d encountered in this land.

The mare laughed, “And you replied in a full sentence without a hint of a stutter!” She grinned affectionately at the stallion, “You Have changed. The family life seems to suit you.”

”It…does,” he admitted quietly. “Better that I ever imagined it would. Between two girls and their mother I manage to stay very busy.”

”Do they chase away the nightmare?” Sonja asked quietly. “Or, whatever they were. I remember that part the most from the last time we talked. You said you were haunted, hunted, both – really. Did that ever go away?”

”No,” Pavlov said quietly. “They never go away. But…” he added with a half smile. “I have been sleeping better lately, hard not to with two girls running you ragged all day.”

”I’m glad for you, dark horse,” Sonja said cheerfully. “You needed a little bit of good luck, maybe it’ll lead to other good things for you. Who knows, maybe some day our children can play together in this meadow.”

”You have children?” Pavlov asked looking back over the occupants of the meadow. He hadn’t noticed any other children earlier which he had thought was sad since Addy wouldn’t have anyone her own age to play with.

”Not yet,” Sonja admitted softly. “But some day I will, and when that happens, watch out!” She flashed her trademark carefree grin, “With all the karma I’ve raked up my children will be absolute terrors – the best type of terrors, of course,” she added. “Just like me.”  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm
Out from under the ever watchful eye of her father Adalind was ready for fun. Or if fun was lacking at least she was ready for something a little different. She considered going over and comforting Grimm but it looked like the rabbit was going back for seconds of the particular attention the female bunny offered. “How foolish,” she noted shaking her head disdainfully. “You’d think he’d learn after one swift kick, wouldn’t he?”

”Love can do that to you,” Amaranth Amora noted softly overhearing the foal’s comments. “Sometimes even a few kicks don’t make much of a difference.”

”Why not?” Adalind asked the mare. While the foal wasn’t much for small talk, she was a curious child and didn’t hesitate to investigate things further. “He’s just going to get hurt again if he keeps it up.”

”Perhaps,” Amaranth allowed. “But what would happen to him if he just stopped? Gave up completely?”

Adalind wrinkled her nose as she considered the mare’s statements. “Well, I guess I don’t want him to give up on love completely.” She made a face and quickly added, “I mean if that’s what the dumb bunny wants…but can’t he just wait until he finds some other bunny that won’t kick him in the face?”

”The heart wants what the heart wants,” Amaranth said softly, the sadness entering her voice only a little this time. That was a marked improvement. Her little mouse Cydi chirped with concern, knowing Amaranth’s feelings on the discussion at hand. Amaranth smiled reassuringly at her familiar to show she was fine, she was not so fragile that she couldn’t handle a little talk about love with a little foal like this one. “If his heart has been captured by that little white rabbit, he’ll either have to see it through or just give up on her. Of course if he does that, he may always be haunted by what might have been. It’s difficult to give up on a potential love, always thinking of what might have been – in your mind you can build things up, build people up. He leaves her now he might dread it for years thinking he let the perfect woman slip away,” she finished quietly. She saw some of herself in that statement. Her great love, how great could it have truly been to have left her like it did?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 pm
Adalind listened to the mare talk, but she was more interested in what the other was not saying. The things expressed through her facial expressions and tone. Talking about love made this woman sad, that much was clear even to the little mouse that skittered around the flutter’s hooves. But she continued to talk about it, instead of just trailing off, dropping it, or telling her to forget about everything, which she could easily do since Adalind was just a little filly after all. That spoke of a certain admirable bravery to the young foal. However she was more certain than ever that the whole “love” thing was completely absurd and she couldn’t understand why anyone would want to get involved in it to begin with. “That’s silly,” she said flatly. “Why would you make up something about someone who acts like a jerk?”

”Well…Sometimes you do it without realizing,” Amaranth replied considering the foal’s question carefully. “You want to see the best in those that you care about. Sometimes it goes too far.”

”To the point where you see things that aren’t really there?” Adalind snorted. “My Papa sees things that aren’t really there, terrible things. He doesn’t like to talk about it very much, but sometimes when he sleeps... he can’t seem to help it. Monsters, terrible things all coming after him- but this sounds so much worse.” She wrinkled her nose, “It’s i-insidious,” she stated trying out the word tentatively. “I mean, I thought being with someone is supposed to make you happy. That’s how Mama and Papa are. But what you’re describing, it takes something that makes people happy and ruins it.” She shook her head, “It’s….disgraceful.”

”And it’s still something very natural, and any well-meaning soul can fall prey to it,” Amaranth said softly trying to ease the foal’s hardened heart. “It does not speak of weakness or foolishness, but only a desire to see the good, the very best in others.”  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:10 pm
Bashir looked around taking in the almost sickeningly sweet surroundings. So this was to be his new home. He supposed he could deal with that. At least he hadn't been alone once he arrived. Almost immediately he had been adopted by a mountain lion. It must have been fate. She wore a mask as he did and if he was to be honest had almost as ridiculous a name as he did (not that he made mention of that to her, she did after all have sharp teeth and claws while he had his good looks, charm, and the ability to shrink down to the size of a house cat. Impressive but not overly helpful by comparison). "So....dear, Nymphalidae, shall we go out and meet the natives? They don't look too savage from this distance." Through the side of his mask he could barely make out the cat rolling her eyes. "No need to be shy," he chuckled. "Let's get on with this."

Further into the valley a creature more resembling a sea serpent was laughing half splayed on the shore but his hearty chuckling threatened to send him slipping back into the water. "Wait, wait, wait-" Gregor managed between gasps. "You are telling me you stepped on this majestic creature's tail and she still tolerates your company?" he eyed the young stallion he had mistaken for a clown upon their first meeting. After some experiences with the boy, Gregor had found he was upright like individual, if only failing in selecting his comrades, but Gregor could not hold that against him for long. After all, Gregor was now among that list. "Gregor is not knowing how to tell you this," he said slowing his laughter, "But is very bad luck to step on tail of dragon."

"She's not like, a real dragon," Rio protest and quickly felt a retaliatory head butt from some multi prong antlers. "Ow!" he yelped and spared a pained look at a grouchy appearing koi dragon. He affectionately called her Ren. "Is that really necessary?" he yelped rubbing his side. "Not bring a huge firebreathing dragon doesn't take away from your ferocity, I assure you, Ren."

Natasha tilted her head regarding her best friend and his new friend. "So...can it at least swim?" she asked squinting a little more trying to see the creature. She was lucky that her papa was part kelpi, gave her slightly better vision above water than she would have otherwise. So she would see fuzzy shapes instead of fuzzy blobs. And this shape didn't resemble anything near water proof. Which would be a shame seeing as she and Wolf were both aquatic soquili.

"Well of course he can swim," Wolfgaing said chuckling the question off before glancing at the elegant, gazelle like creature and whispering, "You Can swim, right buddy?" He noted that the prong horn rolled his eyes. "Aza'zel is totally capable, he's just not really into spending as much time underwater as we do." Wolfgang assured her, "But he's a great help if you need something and you need it fast. Plus, he's a crafty fellow. I think you'll like him."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:11 pm
Viatyl really wasn't sure why she was out here. It was a bright and sunny day with plenty of other soquili out and about playing with their pets....and here she was standing in the middle of things for everyone to see. A general rule of hoof when you ran the con she did was to keep her head down and remain unnoticed until you wanted to be noticed. Difficult to do when you're oldest partner was frolicking and yes, that was correct, frolicking around in a meadow chasing butterflies. "Of all the..." she muttered to herself. Shydyl was never going to make a convincing "predator" if everyone saw her out there playing around. This was going to be bad for business.

Barnabas turned up his nose pertly as Nymphalidea dashed down the hill before them and crouched down intending to pounce a nearby bobcat. "I wouldn't..." he called after her futilely. The dark bobcat seemed like a more experienced kind of soul. This type of confrontation seemed unwise. But in the brief time that he'd known the cat he was pretty sure his comments wouldn't make much of a difference. So he let her run on. After all, we all must learn the difficult lessons some time.

Gregor nodded along with the young stallion's explanation, "Yes, yes, this I understand. Small fishy dragon is most powerful fighter, just like Gregor!" he grinned proudly. "Do not listen to silly fly boy, Koi Ren, it is not the size of the fighter that makes them mighty but the might of their heart." After a moment he added, "Though in Gregor's experience size and muscles do not hurt...."

"You're just fully of sage advice, aren't you?" Rio questioned trying his best to ignore his aquatic companion's smug grin. She was going to be unbearable after her time with this guy.

Natasha tilted her head regarding the fuzzy form, "What could we need outside of the water?" She paused and thought for herself for a few moments. "Unless you want to take after my Uncle Zo? He's always in search of a new and shiny object from far off places. I think he's a bit of a hoarder, to be honest, but that might just entertain him for a while."

"Well..." Wolfgang thought for a moment as the prong horn just stood there and smirked. The cheeky fellow just wasn't being very helpful while he was there trying to impress Natasha. She was almost always the first between them to do just about anything (except being born - he beat her on that count...barely) but he was the first to find a familiar companion and he knew Aza'zel was awesome. Not only was the split hoof a good friend (most other times) but he was also a clever creature and just the type to help with Natasha and her family's...enterprises. And that was the crux of his point. "Oh, he could totally do that. But he's also good for grabbing a snack that you can't reach because you're in the water or setting out the alarm if something bad happens..."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:58 pm
Viatyl had only blinked for a second before she saw Shydyl take up chasing a butterfly of an entirely different kind. "Oh, Shydyl! You and I both know that's not a butterfly!" At least not the type the bobcat should be chasing. The petite mountain lion had turned abruptly on her heels when Shydyl had crouched down for the pounce and then bounded after her. The mountain lion was a bit larger than the bobcat but Shydyl made up for it in muscle mass and she was muscling her way way closer to the mask wearing cat. The lion was fast, the cat was determined. Why couldn't they just stay inside for the day. There was a lovely cave with a spring running through it with their name on it. Good company back that way too. And Shydyl wanted to follow the butterflies...

Barnabas was, admittedly, not exceedingly helpful in response to his little Nymph's newfound adventure. "Now...I believe I warned you not to do that..."

"Indeed, Gregor is most sage-like individual," the stallion nodded. "But in all seriousness," he said eyeing the little koi. "She seems like little strong spirit. She will make excellent companion for you! That way when next you find yourself in danger she will ensure no serious harm comes to you! Unless of course you bring it upon yourself..."

"I'm sure Ren and I will make the best of any situations..."

Natasha nudged back a slipping tendril that was nudging too close to the familiar. Still something in his tone caught her attention, "Why would you need to send him off with a warning?" she paused and chewed on her lip and wrinkled her nose. "I mean, if something happens you could just jump into the water, right? That should take good care of you."

"Well, it's just a precaution," he said kicking at the ground lightly. "I mean, I know all your family is under the water but mine's a little split. You know?" He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, my family just had a thing happen...it was an event. Skinwalker - but one. It came for us, me and my sister. Mom and Dad tried to take it on. Mom got hurt - it was a rough time. I mean, we all survived but it was...difficult." He let out a shaky breath, "So now...it's just good to have some sort of security."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:13 pm
"Shydyl," Viatyl groaned and shook her head.It was then that she noted a tall stallion in a mask also watched the cats frolic around, though he seemed to regard it with some humor. Actually, quite a bit of humor since she was watching. She called over to him, "Seems like your friend's in a bit of a spot!"

Barnabas grinned in response to the mini, "It seems like she is. I have tried to warn her from time to time but she always manages to find trouble. It seems to be one of her great talents."

Natasha whimpered a bit at the mention of the walker. She'd heard tell of the monsters, maybe even saw one from a distance - it was hard to tell and she'd dived right back beneath the water where she knew she would be safe. Everyone knew walkers didn't like the water. Oh - except for the seal walker stories her uncle Zo used to tell her. But she was pretty sure he was just making those up. She really hoped he was just making those up. To Wolfgang she reached out, "Maybe your family should move somewhere else? Like to an isolated island or something? They could be safe there, right?"

Wolfgang shrugged discordantly and replied, "Yeah, I guess. Maybe...Mom really likes where she's at now. She's been working really hard to make a home up for herself there. Gathering some extra guys and everything to kinda make up a herd. She's got protection foremost on her mind right now, that's for sure. But she's really not the type to turn and run. She's a horrible influence on Pops too, he won't turn and run anymore either and you know he's scare of Everything. But even he stood up the skinwalker. I thought for sure he was going to get torn to shreds. And little Nova....she couldn't even do anything she was so scared." He shook his head and felt the slight pressure of the pronghoof leaning against him. "Anyways, I figure Az will take care of things now. I hope..."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:11 pm
Viatyl sighed as she watched the cats take swipes at each other, mostly playful so she wasn't too worried. Still Shydyl didn't need to be bringing so much attention to herself. Honestly, if everyone knew she was a familiar how were they suppose to run jobs on this odd bunch? But she couldn't bring herself to call off the cats' fun so she found herself standing beside the tall stallion commenting dryly, "Your friend....doesn't really seem like a scrappy sort. Does she make a habit of pouncing other cats then running away?" it wasn't meant as an insult or anything demeaning, just curiosity - quite appropriate considering the topic of cats. And it wasn't even that the mountain lion was trying to make an escape and Shydyl was preventing it - actually from their vantage it almost looked like Shydyl was trying to give the lion some pointers.

Barnabas shrugged and shook out his mane, "Truth be told, I haven't known her very long. Bumped into her in the woods and she kinda attached herself to me. Something about being old souls, or like souls, or something about souls..." He fluttered his wings slightly, amusing himself with how the light reflected off them and painted shadows on the ground. There was nothing wrong with admiring one's own graces. "She does seem like an impulsive sort but that suits me well, I've never been fond of thinking something out too far in advance and waiting for it all to go odd. There's nothing worse than ruined plans. Better to have none at all than ruined ones," he pawed at the ground. "There she goes again," he remarked as his companion attempted to pounce the black cat again and was promptly thrown. "I get that your girl is trying to help her but she seems to be a .... difficult student."

Natasha nodded and forced herself to smile at the familiar. "I'm sure he'll be the best and a lifesaver at that. And if there's ever anything I can do, you'll let me know, right?" She looked at him and saw he was still a little spacey and head butted him gently. Actually she tried to head butt him gently and managed to misjudge it a bit. "Downside of being a mer above water," she said apologetically and massaged her own skull with her tentacles. "Listen Wolfgang, I know you're scared," she added quickly above his protest, "And I know you hate to admit it too, but it's okay. Really, it's okay to be scared sometimes. Especially of skinwalkers. But your family is strong, you're strong. And you all are okay, for the most part. You'll take some extra precautions and...well maybe I will too."

Wolfgang blinked for a second catching the last thing she said, "Wait, what do you mean you'll be taking some extra precautions? You're already underwater all the time, I think that's generally pretty safe from walkers. Almost enough to make me wish dad and sis had gills, you know? At least under water speed might almost be an advantage vs our short little legs on land." He paused for a moment while Az leaned against him and had to admit, he would miss the prong horn if he ran to the safety of the water. In that way the familiar might be a bit more concerning, now he'd have to look out for and try to protect his family was well as the familiar. He remembered something his mother told him once about living life in fear and realized he was all too quickly falling into the trap. But he was scared, he just didn't know how he could break away from that.

Dragana looked around the peaceful valley and questioned herself for the hundred time why she was here? Why was she doing this? After all, she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself, or manipulating someone else into do it for her. But some part of her had always envied that special kind of bond that some soquili had with their familiars and she longed for such a companion for herself. She had been informed by several reliable sources that this was the place to find not only soquili with their companions but also to find unattached familiars. Now she just had to find one for herself. Should be easy, right? She just had to locate a creature with the appropriate amount of poise, grace, and style to join her at her side. Perhaps it would be a bit like searching for a diamond in the rough....they very very rough. But she was nothing if not determined.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:34 pm
"Well..." Viatyl replied wrinkling her nose a bit as the lion was indeed thrown for a third time in not so much...time. "Some times it takes more practice to master a maneuver. In this particular instance planning to practice might be an advantageous course, don't you think?" Much like the cats, the soquili were finding themselves to be somewhat opposites. At least Viatyl was opposite of this stallion. Her profession demanded planning, if not as a first thought than at least as a back burner thought for when things went wrong. All too often things went wrong, especially with her solo plans. But her new partner in crime was proving to be alright. He was even nice and pleasant company for after a job. Lately she had been questioning why she'd worked alone for so long when there were clear and obvious advantages to working with a crew.

"In all honestly, I think my little Nymph would have done better to practice a great deal more before this point in her life. But perhaps for her that wasn't an option. I believe among their kind they learn from their predecessors, their mothers and fathers - perhaps the little cub was abandoned as I was in her youth. It can be very difficult to learn much of anything on your own. She always has looked a bit on the thin side, I suppose I should see more to that. Part of the challenge and the struggle is in finding food, finding who you are, your identity - she and I both associate with butterflies - beautiful, graceful, but in the big picture, so inconsequential - nothing is ever drastically changed by the flapping of a butterfly's wing."

"Well..." Natasha started off with a shy smile. "There is this dear stallion I've come across in my travels. He's very sweet, but very skittish. I convinced him to come home with me, but I'm not sure if the paddock is the best place for him right now. He's been own his own for a while and like I said, he's a little skittish. I'm wondering how it would work out if I bring him over to your quite little neck of the woods. It's very peaceful there, you know, for the most part. And you could meet him, maybe get him used to new people a few at a time? We could even introduce him to your father....maybe both of their skittishness will counter act each other? What do you think?" she asked hopefully.

Wolf gave her a blank look, "So what you're saying is you have this scared all the time guy and YOU want to bring him over to our little grotto where we've recently had a walker scare, is that all correct?" he paused for a moment considering her proposal. "Of course provided he's a mer like you he could be okay, like we said, walkers and water don't mix. But that still has a nasty feel of chucking the fresh fish into the fire, why would you do that to the poor guy? What did he ever do to you?"

Dragana stepped delicately over the rocky, ragged terrain that bordered the valley trying valiantly not to scratch her hooves. It seemed a bit of a trial to find a companion, but she was determined. She steadfastly avoided the romping cats that were rolling along further down the hill, they were far too rough and tumble plus they seemed to have been spoken for - their coordinating soquili watching from a little ways off. She also noted the pronghorn with the water soquili, an odd match, to be sure, especially with the lack of color coordination. She was quickly nothing there seemed to be an immense amount of red and black familiars, perhaps remnants of a former dominate breeding population? Either way, those colors wouldn't do for her - she needed something more cool and collected. Now where would she find it.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 pm
"That may be one school of thought," Viatyl countered. "But I'm not sure everyone buys into it. Little things can make a huge difference n my experience." She flipped a wayward curl over her ear, "Sometimes people underestimate the little guys, that can work for our advantages. Then again," she eyed his flutter wings. "You might just know something about that."

Barnabas laughed, "Yes, I suppose you could say I know a Little something about that." He paused in consideration for a moment, "You are quite the clever one, aren't you? Very observant for one so small. Or is it the fact that you are so small that makes you so observant?" He winced as he heard a pained cry come from Nymph. "She learns so slow some days..." he sighed shaking his head seeing that she was not hurt and only a little stunned after a rough throw from the bobcat. "She typically is quite content with being lovely and delicate. I'm content with her like that too. I don't know what's gotten into her head today."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:44 pm
"Gah"! Viatyl gasped and snapped at Shydyl fiercely, "You know better!" she yelled at the cocky cat. Seeing no change or even remorse in the cat's actions she quickly added, "Be nicer! I mean it!" she grumbled under her breath and shot the cat a stern glare seeing that her own advice to the cat was going unheeded. Of course, the cat just rolled her eyes and and proceeded to growl playfully at the other cat, almost as a challenge to try to pounce her again. "You know, you're right. They really don't learn." She sighed and shook her head then eyed the flutter again. "So....I heard something some time ago....something about flutters being able to shrink themselves down to size or some such thing. Is there any truth to that rumor?"

Barnabas shrugged his shoulders content to see that his companion was not grievously injured and continued their conversation. "There is some sort of possibility that flutters as a herd have some unique abilities..." he wrinkled his nose to push back his mask a little more. "I suppose the truth of the matter is that different species all have their gifts and abilities and we are no exception." He paused thoughtfully, "Kalona have their darkness, angeni their light, unicorn their healing, and skinwalkers their insanity..." he kicked at the ground lightly. "And we...we shrink down into nothing. Nearly invisible, except to the lone kalona or walker that sees us and longs to rip our wings off. Such fun."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:04 pm
"It can be rough being the little one," Viatyl admitted. "But what if there was another use for your abilities." She had been thinking of something for a little while after seeing how amenable the stallion seemed to be. She was after all enjoying her time working his her new partner, it was possible that she could make an even better time for the two of them if she could find a useful co-conspirator like this guy. After all, someone who's able to shrink down could get them in and out of a lot of tight spots before anyone knew they were even there. When you were small, it's important to dream big!

"What other use could you be thinking of?" the stallion asked thoughtfully and smiled seeing Nymph gaining her own ground and for once managing to tackle the bobcat. "I don't mean to be insensitive, but I'm not sure how being smaller can be any sort of advantage in the long run, you know?"  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff