Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Plotting
A Quest [Plotting Stage! All Welcome!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
View Results

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:34 pm
Destination: Amazon Rain-forest
The destination can be reached in a roundabout way. How lame would it be if they just went straight there? Entirely lame. So lame that this wouldn't even be interesting. Perhaps they end up at Niagara Falls? Maybe Alaska? Maybe Antartica? Who knows?

The Item: *YET TO BE NAMED* (Maybe the Ring of Iknir?)
Alright, so this item, I don't know what it is yet. This is one of those areas where you guys can help. I'm thinking it's gonna be this really powerful magical artifact that has something to do with dreams. Or maybe, it'll even just be the very well recorded rumor of one.

The Premise: Due to her sister's nightmares, and something she heard about her wand being good with dreams, Jamesina Machlachlan has been spending a lot of time in the Hogwarts library researching just that. It is in one of the more ancient tomes, that she finds mention of an item that will keep all nightmares at bay and will even allow the possessor to control dreams. Once she graduates, she decides to organize a party to go find said object.

The Team: I'm gonna be picking this. Obviously, if you help with planning, I will be more likely to pick you. I'd like to have characters that have at least an O.W.L. in World Studies, though greater would obviously help. Having experience in Cursebreaking would also be a plus, as well as high N.E.W.T. scores in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Someone who would qualify to be a healer would also be a good choice. Also, James is only going to choose people that she knows. If your character does not currently know her, I plan on having her actively seek a team, starting in July. I'm sure we can have them meet either before that, or while she's searching.

General Outside Info: 1. I will be more likely to pick people who help me with planning. This way, I know you know what's going on. Don't worry, I will keep a lot of stuff up my sleeve until then.

2. I will only consider people who are active. If you drop the quest, you get left behind. You either find your own way back, live amongst the locals, or die.

3. I am looking for five other people. This means users. I will not be having anyone other than James in this quest. You may only have one character on this quest.

4. Remember how I said I'd have stuff up my sleeve? Well, at some point, I may ask someone on the quest (or not on the quest) to roll any amount of dice. This will trigger something. Maybe a faulty apparation, maybe a sudden dragon.

5. Once we leave the British Isles, this roleplay will occur in the Sandbox, in one thread. If you don't like having one thread be multiple locations, I don't suggest you apply.

6. YES! I will have applications in June. This way, I know you're serious. Also, unless I'm desperate (which I hope not to be) don't create a character just for this. Character development will be great. Oh, and students won't be accepted. That's just. No. You can't. Sorry. You need to have taken N.E.W.T.s to qualify.

The Team
Leader: Jamesina Machlachlan, 19 Yr Old (as of July 2014) Ravenclaw Alumna Violet the Maestro
1. Amanda Davis, 20 Yr Old, Slytherin Alumna kiska166
2. Jane Doyle, 20 Yr Old, Hufflepuff Alumna Maiya Kajuji
3. Agnès Alexandrie, 42 Yr Old, Ravenclaw Alumna Squeaky Luff
4. Jenny MacEacharin, 20 Yr Old, Slytherin Alumna Lady Pomegranates
5. Ned Heist, 20 Yr Old, Team Vihrea Alumna The Forgotten Weasley

Creator's Notes: Updates to this post will be marked in red. When everything has been hammered out, this thread will be linked to the Special Plot Request form. All vital information will be in this post. This event is going to take place as early as July 2014. If this can help develop your character, feel free to mention something that can be added to help with development.

F.A.Q.

Last Updated: 6/3/14  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm
Announcements

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:33 pm
Bump!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:19 pm
I'm interested in having Amanda Davis join this quest.
Although she hasn't even take the World Studies class, she did receive O's in Cursebreaking and in Defense Against the Dark Arts.
As of July, she will be 20 years old, and she's a Slytherin Alumna

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:23 pm
kiska166
I'm interested in having Amanda Davis join this quest.
Although she hasn't even take the World Studies class, she did receive O's in Cursebreaking and in Defense Against the Dark Arts.
As of July, she will be 20 years old, and she's a Slytherin Alumna

That's fine! I won't have any definite answer as to if she's on or not until May 15, cause I don't know how many interested people there are.

If you wanna start thinking about some plot ideas that could possibly happen to the group in general, feel free to do so!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm
Oh my goodness, so many ideas! I just have this vision in my head of them on camels somewhere in the middle east...and getting attacked my magical terrorist! Okay really I don't know...but still...it'd cool. Jane would love it.  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:20 pm
Maiya Kajuji
Oh my goodness, so many ideas! I just have this vision in my head of them on camels somewhere in the middle east...and getting attacked my magical terrorist! Okay really I don't know...but still...it'd cool. Jane would love it.

Ooooooh. Magical terrorists! Although, stereotyping...xD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:31 pm
Violet the Maestro
Maiya Kajuji

Ooooooh. Magical terrorists! Although, stereotyping...xD

True but they could be all ethnicities wink Also what would be fun if someone thought they caught some rare jungle disease but their actually like...pregnant or something random like that. totally not planning for a specific character...nope...>.>.... Oh man if they got stuck somewhere snowy...the possibilities are endless. Like oh my gosh. Endless. Like people getting stuck in an ice cave, or having to be stuck in a tiny cabin with Russian scientist! Or the yeti! Even better, Everest and Sherpas.  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm
This sounds awesome~ Victor's only a third year...but he's going into healing. c: I'd throw him up.

Or if it's an adult there's Claire's mum, who is a nurse at Mungos.

...Could use some more characterization for her. >>;  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 am
I'm interested in having Ned Heist take part in this. I'm not sure if you'd want her to come along, given her NEWTS might not be very useful to the quest... but she has an O in Healing and in Muggle Studies, and she got Es in Transfiguration and Charms... Also, I really need something to post her for, because she doesn't get posted very often, and I really like the character... Ooh yeah, she'll be 20 as of July 2014 and she's a Team Vihrea Alumni, of Durmstrang.  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:04 pm
Volunteering Jenny MacEacharin for this quest! She's got a tonne of NEWTS and a lot of O's!  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm
So what can I do to help out? Ronyo needs to make his return and I see no better way then to help a fellow Chimera. If you would like me to list Ronyo's credentials for the adventure I will do so below, but I am also willing to lend a hand in the planning and behind the scenes if needed. I may not be as active on Chat as I once was but I can still stay in contact through PMs.

Ronyo Storm - 21 years old Slytherin Alumni
Current occupation - Private Detective
Ancient Studies NEWT score = O
DADA NEWT score = E
Cursebreaking NEWT score = E
Relation to James - A Chimera member

I will be looking to finish up Ronyo's adventure in China which will hopefully have him coming back with some new toys. Let me know if i can be of assistance.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:13 pm
kiska166

Maiya Kajuji

Squeaky Luff

Lady Pomegranates

Ned Heist

Alright, so if I quoted you, I'd like for you to join me on the quest. I'd like to spend the rest of the month having James get to know your characters. If you do not respond or no longer wish to be on the request, I can find a replacement for your characters.

Just quote me with any ideas you have.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 am
kiska166

Maiya Kajuji

Squeaky Luff

bourbon yams

The Forgotten Weasley

Hey guys! It's been a while!

I'm curious to see where we want to take this. We can time skip to finding the ring, or we can just end it now and figure out where that leaves our characters.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:20 am
It's been so long, I kinda just wanna end it now. Although if you guys wanna continue, I will  
Plotting

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff