Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Danica Stewart Quinn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:16 pm
Hi, my name is: Danica Stewart Quinn. I was formerly Danica Stewart, but after being disowned by my family, I've since taken my maternal grandparents' name with their blessing.

But I mostly go by: I prefer ‘Dani’. My aunt calls me Danica, and my parents do only when their angry with me, although what they refer to me as these days is less printable.

I'm a: girl.

I'm:eighteen years old.

My birthday is: Twentieth of June

My dream job is: I don’t know. It would be kinda cool to be an author, or a professional Quidditch player (wonder if I can get my own shoe contract?), or maybe find a way to teach the Wizarding World how to tweet. Recently I've been looking into becoming a healer at St. Mungo's.

My blood status is: Half-Blood, I guess. My parents can’t do magic, but my aunt can, my mother, I found out recently is actually a Squib, and my maternal grandparents are magically active. (Truth revealed)

This is my: Graduated year here at Hogwarts.

The house I was in is: Gryffindor

I'm interested in: Uh, guys.

I'm currently with: Nobody at this point. Eli and I broke up recently, and have dealt with the resulting pain. (OOC: per conversation with Diamond Wales)

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm: Steady, reliable, flexible. I keep my word when I give it, and I’ve been told I don’t fall apart under pressure; whatever that's suppose to mean. I'm nobody's child and nobody's saint (that's my little brother's job, anyway), I'm just somebody trying to get along in life, and do what I need to do.

With all the crap I had in my life, I’m the one my friends would come to when they needed help and advice, and a shoulder to cry on. Somebody told me once, 'friends are the family you choose', and I've decided its pretty much truth. I stick by my friends, especially since I really don't have much in the way of blood relations I'm on speaking terms with. I enjoy hanging out, laughing and having fun; I've just not had much chance to do it lately.

Sports have always been my escape, my chance to really be myself. Kicking a football or swinging a bat, doesn't matter which, I get to show people what I do best, and I get the chance to be a part of something bigger than myself. I like to compete, and don't mind working hard to win.

Dad calls me a freak and a monster; I don't know if I'd quite go so far with that. I want to hate him and Mom, but I can't; they just don't understand me that's all. Since they disowned me, my resolve not to hate them has really been put to the test, but that's the way life goes, I guess. David's a sneaky little git, I may not like him, but he's my little brother. I'm not a monster, I'm a witch; magic is kinda scary, but I'll do my best to get better with it, and learn to keep it under control.

My background story is:

I got thrown out of the house the night my letter from Hogwarts arrived, and I know I won’t be allowed to come back home either. It wasn’t because of the letter, although it helped; no, the blame sits on my shoulders. You see, I was my parents’ first kid, the one parents make all their mistakes with. I was expected to be the one with the good grades, and when I broke my mother’s heart by not wanting to be a ballerina and took up Cricket instead, well I was expected to become good enough to get a scholarship if I wanted to go to college.

David, my baby brother didn’t have any of that to contend with. No, my parents were pleased with whatever he did, especially if it was cute, and got pretty huffy with me whenever I called them on it. Of course, he was ‘Mummy’s Little Angel’, even if he was a sneaky little git, and I got blamed for quite a few of the tricks he pulled. Still, as long as I had my music and my books, did what was expected of me, played Cricket, and got to see my friends, things weren’t too bad.

Then the weird things started happening. There was a glass vase Mother bought which exploded when David and I were having an argument. She thought he broke it, especially when he worked so hard to protest his innocence, and he'd been seen kicking my football around the house not long before. I wasn't so fortunate to get a pass after that.

It took a few more ‘incidents’ for my parents and me to figure out I had something to do with them, especially when David was nowhere around to be a cause. A boy at school made fun of me over certain ... ahem, 'developmental issues' and got hit by a locker door hard enough he needed stitches afterward.

Mom and Dad were really wondering how I was breaking things around the house, particularly the day they saw the cookie jar spontaneously detonate without David and me having touched it. It happened when he whacked me in the mouth with one of his toys, because I wouldn’t let him sneak a quick snack before dinner. I got a split lip out of it, and had to clean up all the broken glass and the blood.

I also figured out they knew more about what was going on than they were saying, and I heard them mention my Aunt Bella when they were sure I wasn’t around. When I asked them about her, they’d change the subject. I’d met her before a few times, she was my mother’s dotty older sister who lived in a large old house in the woods, and lots of cats. By this point, I had some half-baked plans to leave home and maybe live with her; I guess I was hoping she would understand things better than Mom and Dad.

Whatever fears my parents had were confirmed the morning an owl showed up with my letter from Hogwarts.

When she saw my letter, my mother’s first comment was, “Bloody marvelous. You’re a freak, just like my sister.” Angry as I was, the owl was flying back with my acceptance; I figured a magic school had to be better than the public one I was attending, and being there had to be better than being here. Funny thing is, thinking back, I forgot to even ask Mom if it was okay to accept the invitation, or maybe I just didn't care if she said 'yes' or not. Lucky for me, I had Cricket practice to go, because I really wanted to hit something.

I came back from practice and found David rummaging around in my room for some CDs he wanted to swipe. Honestly, I didn’t mean for David to get hurt, but angry at him as I was, for violating my privacy and stealing my stuff, yet again, I guess my magic chose to lash out. I was horrified as I watched my 'darling' baby brother get launched out of my room, and flung a good ten feet into a wall hard enough to shatter the plaster.

In all my life, I’ve never seen my parents so angry or so frightened. They yelled at me for hurting David while they were rushing around to get ready to take him to the emergency room, and Mom told me to leave that night and never return. To this day, I don’t know how my brother is doing (though I hear he runs screaming when he hears my name), and my parents won’t take my calls.

Well, I couldn’t stay with my friends; I didn't want for them to get into trouble for harbouring me, and their folks would have just sent me back to my parents, so I figured my best hope was to find my Aunt, who lived outside a nearby town. It was a good thing my plans actually involved having a bag packed, because all of a sudden I was on my own.

Took a couple of days of walking, but I lucked out and met up with her at a grocery store. Good thing too, as I was pretty hungry by then, the provisions I had and my meager funds would only take me so far. After she brought me back to her house in the woods, we had a long talk. I had as many questions for her as she had for me, and I was really hoping she had the answers I walked so far to learn.

Turns out she was a witch too, and attended the same Hogwarts School I received my letter from. For seven years she matriculated as a Hufflepuff, and she told me the experience was the best thing which ever happened to her. It was at Hogwarts I would make new friends and find a safe haven to learn my magic.

So here I am. I hoping things will work out better for me; I’m kinda young to need a second chance in life already, but there you go. Aunt Bella (short for Arabella) took me in, so for now, at least, I have a room and a place to crash. Mom and Dad visited my aunt recently. I don’t know what’s worse being told I’m a ‘freak and a monster’ or that as far as they were concerned ‘we don’t have a daughter any more, and I was as good as dead’ to them.

I enjoy: Cricket, for starters, I was on the school team before everything went south on me, and I’m a really good batsman. I also like Football, and usually play a Forward. When sides get chosen up for Football in gym class I’m usually one of the first picked by the captains.

I really like rock music, anything from the nineties onward, like Dave Matthews, Queensrych, Nirvana, Goo Goo Dolls, you get the picture, and I don’t go anywhere without my music.

I also enjoy stuff like the ‘Hunger Games’, ‘Divergent’, ‘Mortal Instruments’, and those sorts of books. Science fiction, fantasy, that sort of thing. By the way, Martin finally released a new ‘Game of Thrones’ novel. Isn’t that cool?

I liked the History and Literature classes at my old school, and Social Studies were interesting. Of course there’s Gym and Lunch, as long as the first one doesn’t follow the second.

Just recently, I learned how to fly a broom. It’s bloody awesome; it’s like riding a speeder bike from the ‘Star Wars’ movies, only it’s real. My aunt tells me I’m a natural at it, and I should try out for Quidditch the first chance I get.

I despise: I really don’t like bullies; somebody messes with one of my friends, they’re going to have a problem with me. That might not end well, for either of us.

I also don’t like fighting. Dad put me through those martial arts classes after a girl in our neighborhood got ... um, well let’s not get into that, so I can take care of myself. I can hit, and hit pretty hard, but that doesn’t mean I want to; so if I’m pushed into a dust-up, well … now, I’ve got two reasons to be upset with somebody.

Girl drama, Yikes. I’m sorry, anybody whom claims she can’t go on living without some boy needs to learn to stand up on her own. Don’t even get me started on the squabbles between girls. It’s all fun and games until the claws come out, I guess.

My least favourite subject at Hogwarts is Potions, not that Transfigurations is any fun either.

I’m also not happy my laptop doesn’t work in this place, and I have to handwrite everything. All of a sudden I’ve stepped into the Dark Ages.

I'm afraid of: One of these days I’ll have one of my accidents, and really screw somebody up,bad. Not like it hasn’t happened already.

My strengths are: I’m really good at flying a broom, and I don’t miss much. I’m pretty good at spotting things others don’t catch.

My flaws are: Well, there’s the big one, my magic doesn’t know when to settle down, and nobody seems to know why yet. However, when it hits, it hits hard . I’m also not real good at lying; I’ve tried and failed at it often enough. Nowadays, I just don’t see the point in bothering, it’s not like they won’t figure it out anyway.

I look like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/charbonne/Danica_Stewart.jpg

My wand is: Eleven inches long, oak with dragon heartstrings. Several wands blew up in my hands until I found one strong enough to maybe survive.

My pet is a: cat, the puffy orange Persian whose with me. Her name’s Sassafras, but I usually call her ‘Sassy’. The lady at the pet shop in Diagon Alley tells me she’s Half-Neasle, whatever a Neasle is.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Danica has been studying French on the side, during the school year, in order to better understand her Potions teacher should she lapse into her mother tongue. At this point, Dani has knowledge of the bare rudiments of the language, including some basic grammer and knowledge of some commonly used words and phrases.

Danica was put together in case Selina proves too problematic to make it through the vetting process (which proved to be correct).

My OWLs scores are:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Healing Class ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

My NEWTs Scores Are:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ O
Healing ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

~ ♥ Cara ɱк
~Utsuha [7/24/15]

~ Accepted by ♥ Cara ɱк [11.5.2014]
- Updates Accepted by Weasley 4/11/15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:33 pm
Danica Stewart's List of Knowledge

Astronomy
First Year
Names of Planets [ ]
Movements of Planets [ ]
Names of Stars (Including Sun) [ ]
Names of Constellations [ ]

Second Year
Mercury [ ]
Venus [ ]
Earth [ ]
Earth's Moon [ ]

Third Year
Mars [ ]
Jupiter [ ]
Great Red Spot [ ]
Jupiter's Moons [ ]

Fourth Year
Saturn [ ]
Saturn's Rings [ ]
Titan [ ]
Uranus [ ]

Fifth Year
Neptune [ ]
Triton [ ]
Comets [ ]
Meteorites [ ]
Asteroids [ ]

Sixth Year
Black Holes [ ]
Supernovas [ ]

Charms
First Year
Wingardium Leviosa [ ]
Lumos [ ]
Incendio [ ]
Spongify [ ]

Second Year
Skurge [ ]
Aresto Momentum [ ]
Flame-Freezing Charm [ ]
Locomotor [ ]

Third Year
Cheering Charm [ ]
Carpe Retractum [ ]
Glacius [ ]
Cushioning Charm [ ]

Fourth Year
Accio [ ]
Depulso [ ]
Engorgio [ ]
Reducio [ ]

Fifth Year
Silencio [ ]
Dancing Feet [ ]
Reducto [ ]
Reparo [ ]

Sixth Year
Aguamenti [ ]
Repleo [ ]
Avis [ ]
Colour Change Charm [ ]

Defence Against the Dark Arts
First Year
Knockback Jinx [ ]
Lumos/Nox [ ]
Ghosts [ ]
Doxies [ ]

Second Year
Tickling Charm/Rictusempra [ ]
Expelliarmus [ ]
Imps [ ]
Fire Crabs [ ]

Third Year
Glacius [ ]
Boggarts/Riddikulus [ ]
Grindylows [ ]
Hinkypunks [ ]

Fourth Year
Stupefy [ ]
Aqua Eructo Charm [ ]
Hex-deflection/Salvio Hexia [ ]
Finite/Incantatem [ ]

Fifth Year
Protego [ ]
Reducto [ ]
Patronus [ ]
Werewolves [ ]

Sixth Year
The Unforgivable Curses [ ]
Nonverbal Spells [ ]
Dementors [ ]
Inferi [ ]

Flying
First Year
Broom Commands [ ]
Mounting [ ]
Developing a Broom Bond [ ]

Herbology
First Year
Spiky Bush [ ]
Bouncing Bulb [ ]
Flutterby Bush [ ]

Second Year
Abyssian Shrivelfig [ ]
Mandrake [ ]
Leaping Toadstool [ ]

Third Year
Puffapods [ ]
Moly [ ]
Aconite [ ]

Fourth Year
Bubotuber [ ]
Gillyweed [ ]
Dittany [ ]

Fifth Year
Flitterbloom/Devil's Snare [ ]
Fanged Geranium [ ]
Screechsnap [ ]

Sixth Year
Venomous Tentacula [ ]
Whomping Willow [ ]

History of Magic
First Year
History of Hogwarts [ ]
The Chamber of Secrets [ ]
Statute of Secrecy [ ]

Second Year
Ollivander Family [ ]
The Deathly Hallows [ ]
Beedle the Bard [ ]

Third Year
Muggle Witch Burnings [ ]
Nicolas Flamel [ ]
Newt Scamander [ ]
Goblin Rebellions [ ]

Fourth Year
Ancient Egypt and Greece [ ]
Herpo the Foul [ ]
Grindelwald [ ]
Tom Riddle/Voldemort [ ]

Fifth Year
Albus Dumbledore [ ]
Harry Potter [ ]
Order of the Phoenix [ ]

Sixth Year
First Wizarding War [ ]
Second Wizarding War [ ]

Potions
First Year
Forgetfulness Potion [ ]
Boil-Cure Potion [ ]
Wiggenweld Potion [ ]

Second Year
Hair-Raising Potion [ ]
Girding Potion [ ]
Swelling Solution [ ]

Third Year
Shrinking Solution [ ]
Antidotes [ ]
Undetectable Poisons [ ]

Fourth Year
Wit-Sharpening Potion [ ]
Herbicide Potion [ ]
Wide-Eye Potion [ ]
Sleeping Draught [ ]

Fifth Year
Everlasting Elixirs [ ]
Draught of Peace [ ]
Strengthening Solution [ ]
Love Potion Antidote [ ]

Sixth Year
Amortentia [ ]
Elixir to Induce Euphoria [ ]
Felix Felicis [ ]
Polyjuice Potion [ ]

Transfiguration
First Year
Match to needle [ ]
Snail to Teapot [ ]
Mouse to Snuffboxes [ ]
Teacup to Rat [ ]

Second Year
Beetle Buttons [ ]
Avifors [ ]
Fera Verto [ ]
Rabbit Slippers [ ]

Third Year
Teapot to tortoise [ ]
Chair to cat [ ]
Hedgehog to pincushion [ ]
Lapifors [ ]

Fourth Year
Draconifors [ ]
Guinea fowl to guinea pig [ ]

Fifth Year
Evanesco [ ]

Sixth Year
Owl to opera glasses [ ]
Basic self transfiguration [ ]
Human or animal [ ]

Advanced Flying
Second Year
Quidditch Basics [ ]
Broom Barrel Rolls [ ]
Standing on your broom [ ]

Third Year
((Everyone must learn each position))
Beater Practice [ ]
Seeker Practice [ ]
Keeper Practice [ ]
Chaser Practice [ ]

Apparition
Sixth Year
Basics of Apparition [ ]
Dangers of Apparition [ ]
Three D's [ ]
Apparition into hoops [ ]
Apparition test [ ]

Cursebreaking
Third Year
Curse-Shield Charm (Protego Defixium) [ ]
Deprehensio Mutatio [ ]
Scelestus Timor Deprehensio [ ]

Fourth Year
Aveho Defixio [ ]
Deprehensio [ ]
Adflicto Affligo [ ]
Defaeco Animus [ ]
Magis Clausus [ ]

Fifth Year
Sinking Hex (Subsido) [ ]
Shield Detection Charm (Contengo Deprehensio) [ ]
Occuro Acerbus Pestis [ ]
Aduro Occuro [ ]

Sixth Year
Impedo Inficio Infeci Infectum [ ]
Infensus Deprehensio [ ]
Occuro Scelestus Injuria [ ]

Healing Class
Third year
Diagnosis of Ailments [ ]
Treating wounds [ ]
Proper Bandaging [ ]

Fourth Year
Spell and curse healing [ ]
Stunning Treatment [ ]
Virus, Bacteria and Infection healing [ ]

Fifth Year
Poison Healing [ ]
Treating Bites and Stings [ ]
DragonPox and Treatment [ ]

Sixth Year
Healing Temporary Blindness [ ]
Bone repair and regrowth [ ]
Lung clearing charm [ ]

Wizard Law
Third Year
Historical figures in law [ ]
Statute of Secrecy [ ]
Illegal magical spells/objects [ ]

Fourth Year
Law as applied to school [ ]
The Trace and other Laws on Minors [ ]
Time Turners and Seers-Effects on Law [ ]
Laws concerning Magical Beasts [ ]

Fifth Year
Muggle and Wizarding Courts [ ]
Wizards Persecution in Muggle Courts [ ]
Wizard Persecuting at Muggle Courts [ ]
Wizards Persecuting Muggles [ ]

Sixth Year
Muggles in Wizarding Courtrooms [ ]
Unforgivable Curses Discussion [ ]
Wizard Duels - Legality [ ]
Supremacy and Crimes against Muggles [ ]  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:36 pm
Danica Stewart's Class Schedule

Time Schedule

Each day is broken up into blocks.

Block 1 runs from 8:00am to 8:45am.
Block 2 runs from 9:00am to 9:45am.
Block 3 runs from 10:00am to 10:45am.
Block 4 runs from 11:00am to 11:45

COMMON HOUR runs from 11:45am to 1:00pm.

Block 5 runs from 1:00pm to 1:45pm.
Block 6 runs from 2:00pm to 2:45pm.
Block 7 runs from 3:00pm to 3:45pm.
Block 8 runs from 11:00pm to 11:45pm.

Meal schedule is:

Breakfast runs from 7:00am to 9:00am.
Lunch runs from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Dinner runs from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.

Hogwarts Schedule - Fifth Years

Monday
Block 1: Herbology-VII
Block 2:
Block 3:
Block 4:
Block 5:
Block 6:
Block 7:
Block 8:

Tuesday
Block 1: Cursebreaking-V
Block 2:
Block 3:
Block 4:
Block 5:
Block 6:
Block 7:
Block 8:

Wednesday
Block 1: Transfiguration-VII
Block 2:
Block 3:
Block 4:
Block 5: Charms-VII
Block 6:
Block 7:
Block 8:

Thursday
Block 1:
Block 2: Healing Arts-V
Block 3: Wizard Law-V
Block 4: History of Magic-VII
Block 5:
Block 6:
Block 7:
Block 8:

Friday
Block 1:
Block 2: Defense Against dark Arts-VII
Block 3:
Block 4:
Block 5:
Block 6:
Block 7:
Block 8: Potions-VII

Saturday

Block 8: Free

Sunday

Block 8: Astronomy-VII  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:22 pm
Hogwarts Roleplaying Notes

Favourite Classes:

History of Magic
Astronomy
Healing Arts

Least Favourite Classes:

Transfigurations
Defense Against Dark Arts

Favourite Teachers:

Professor Grayson Powell (History of Magic)
Professor Ksenia Reed (Defense Against Dark Arts)
Christina Anna Dechering (Healing Arts)

Least Favourite Teachers:

Jason Hill (Herbology)
Cixia Feng (Defense Against Dark Arts)

Connections at School:

Friends:

Cathaline League (Hufflepuff, Seventh Year) played by mc2
Veronica Kiss (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team played by mc2
Tobias Philemon Walsh (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by The Forgotten Weasley
Ariana Elwood (Hufflepuff, Seventh Year) played Arkendrai
Leonette 'Leo' (Mitchell) Avery (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by murrellecruet
Tanya Whitethorne (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by Yukina101
Rosabella Winthrop (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by Kiska 166
Elijah Pemberton (Ravenclaw, Seventh Year) played by Diamond Wales

Allies:

Alexandra 'Alex' Quimby (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by kiska 166
Jacob Drage (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by Diamond Wales
David Clarisse (Gryffindor Alumnus) Quidditch Team, played by murrelcrusett
David (League) Avery (Ravenclaw Alumnus) played mc2.
Julius Xanders (Deceased) played by mc2
Arianna Lynne Davenport (Gryffindor, Fifth Year) Quidditch Team, played by amo10690
Adaline Marie Davenport (Gryffindor, Third Year) Quidditch Team, played by amo10690
Prudence Lowery (Gryffindor, Fourth Year) played by the Forgotten Weasley

Frenemies:

None

Enemies:

None at present

Family Members:

None at present, and none likely at this point

Romantic Life:

Eli and I went to the Yule Ball, and he did come to my birthday tea. After Fifth Year, Eli decided it was time for us to part ways. We're still friends, but we're not a couple anymore. (OCC: per conversation with Diamond Wales)

Involved With: Nobody. At this point I'm over nursing a broken heart, and I'm interested in looking for any new relationships.

Rivals:

Yeah, nothing to see here.

Rumours:

Only if you refer to the Fleetwood Mac album

Current Plotlines:

I helped out in the defense of other students during the Hogsmeade Massacre, and was involved with the wedding of Leo (Mitchell) Avery and David Avery.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Hogwarts Alumni Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items