Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Dechering Homestead Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:28 pm
xxxxxHomestead of the Dechering sisters
User Image

Located approximately 25 miles west of Hogsmeade Village down a densely wooded rather isolated road. The 'homestead' consists of approximately 5 acres that are mostly woodland and are owned by Professor Christina Anna Dechering, the new healing professor at Hogwarts, and her younger sister Sophie Taylor Dechering. The Dechering sisters are from Northern Georgia, and while the only apparently thing of interest of them is the fact Christina (or Chrissy) is a metamorphagus they are hiding more incriminating secrets... their father was a werewolf and through an accident end up infecting Sophie in her late teens.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
The Library/Chrissy's Office (1st floor) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The Kitchen (1st floor)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The Living Room (1st floor)

User Image
The Potions Room (Basement)

User ImageUser ImagexxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser Image

Sophie's Bedroom (2nd floor)xxxxxSophie's Bathroom (2nd floor)xxxxxxxxxChristina's Bathroom (2nd floor)xxxxxxxChristina's Bedroom (2nd floor)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ViVi's Bedroom (Attic/Loft)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:29 pm
Family Locations:

User Image

xxxProfessor Christina Anna Decheringxxx
          xxxxxProfessor of Healing at Hogwarts
          xxxxxMetamorphagus
          xxxxxChameleon Dorm Member of the Salem Institute of Witchcraft and Wizardry

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxSophie Taylor Decheringxxx
          xxxxxWerewolf without a pack
          xxxxxProfessor of Arithmancy
          xxxxxCoyote Dorm Member of the Salem Institute of Witchcraft and Wizardry

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxELSEWHERE/NO LONGER REGULARLY RESIDING

Extended Family Locations:

User Image

xxxVivienne Haylee Fleuryxxx
          xxxxxViVi or Vi
          xxxxxQuébécoise/Canadian Cousin
          xxxxx

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxOUT

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:30 pm
Pets of the Dechering Sisters:

User Image

xxxLullabyxxx
          xxxxxOwned by Christina Dechering
          xxxxxBlack Vulture
          xxxxxTrained much like a standard owl to deliver messages and such.

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxAT HOGWARTS

User Image

xxxCheshirexxx
          xxxxxOwned by Sophie Dechering
          xxxxxHalf Kneazle

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxAT HOME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
And the clock bell struck
Don't let them find me
For I shall hide with
And all the while looking <I'm always ready to meet my worst enemies>

_____ ღ _____

Tracking down two cousins Vivienne Haylee Fleury had recently only learned she even had was not an easy task-though tracking down their mother, her aunt by marriage, was harder. Thankfully, when she sold her public break-up to the tabloids she had enough to track down the mysterious family of her mother’s and with a bit investigation learned the big secret: the late Tucker Dechering, her mother’s brother, was a werewolf. It was useful information-especially if she wanted the favor she was going to ask of Christina and Sophie Dechering.

After selling what she did to the tabloids, Vivienne was so done with Canada. And, quite frankly she wasn’t all that interested in being anywhere in North America. However, starting over in a completely new place even with the money she managed to get from the tabloids wasn’t easy. However, her two cousins provided a beautiful opportunity if you asked Vivienne. They had both lived for over a year in the United Kingdom. Both had jobs-one some small job in some little shop but still; however, the other managed a professorship at one of the most respectable magical institutions in the world. It was sort of impressive. Then again from what she had seen of Mrs. Dechering, Vivienne figured her two cousins were fairly conservative and quiet. Which was kind of surprising since their father was a werewolf-though maybe that was a good reason for them to be quiet. People didn’t take kindly to werewolves mostly-even those connected to one by relationship. It was ridiculous to Vivienne-the entire prejudice thing-but she wasn’t above using that known thing in society to her advantage: in this case a place to stay, at least for a while.

Vivienne had let herself do everything she had ever wanted once she broke up with her ex. She dyed her hair as she wanted, dressed as wild as she wanted, and now was going to take the job she always wanted-something to do with spirits. But, no matter what, needs (like a roof over your head) was important too. And, who knew it couldn’t be all that bad to meet her American cousins. Didn’t her aunt Mrs. Dechering mention that the oldest was a metamorphagus, so that would be sort of fun-though Vivienne was totally envious of the power too. To imagine to wake up and be able to look fabulous or however you wanted with just a brief moment of focus.

So, with suitcase in hand she walked up the stone path to the house of the Dechering Homestead, a charming place on acres and acres of land. She could smell the flowers blooming in the summer around her and with a deep breath she put on a bit of an overconfident smirk and knocked on the doors and sang out, “Oh, Christina! Sophie! I came to visit!” Honestly, Vivienne was fairly sure even if their mother mentioned Vivi to her daughters, it was unlikely they would have any clue who she was. Though judging by a picture she saw of the two at her aunt’s house Vivienne did share a resemblance to Sophie and what Christina decided to look like most of the time. They all had the same blue eyes at least.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 am
User ImageUser Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering
Werewolf without a pack
Cashier at the Magic Neep

Professor Christina Anna Dechering
Professor of Healing at Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Wearing: Summer Casual
---------------------------------------------

Sophie had heard the knocking and calls first and looked up from the cornbread she had just sat on the counter from the oven. She glanced first at her sister who looked up from the book she was reading-her feet on the table, which Sophie figured wasn’t worth mentioning with Chrissy. “Were you expecting someone?” Sophie asked a bit perplexed.

“Huh?” Her sister said glancing up and tossing her currently red hair over her shoulder. “Wh-” She paused as she heard the voice calling both of their names. Chrissy shrugged and said with a smile, “Well she’s saying both of our names so I assume she is here to see both of us.”

Sophie made a tsk and rolled her eyes and said, “I didn’t know we had any Americans who would decide to randomly show up. Maybe it is one of your exes.” Christina raised a brow at her sister who went to the front door and jumped up and followed her sister to the door as she opened the door to see a young woman probably a year or two younger than them and ridiculously flashy in a black and neon-pink lepord print dress, studded heeled boots, and silver jewelry. With her pink and black hair she looked more ready to show up for a night on the town then a country side home outside of Hogsmeade that contained a handful of acres.

Sophie glanced at her sister raising a brow and Chrissy raised her hands innocently, “Hey, don’t look at me. I never hooked up with her. And, I remember all my exes and one night stands. Seriously.” Sophie rolled her eyes and glanced back at Vivienne Haylee Fleury who began to laugh as she walked past the two as if she owned the place and into the living room.

“God, I know Americans have a bad rep for being a bit backwoods and with those accents definitely but yeah, wouldn’t happen. I’m your cousin,” Vivienne said flopping onto the couch with a smile and looking around. “Hmm, I like it here. It’s quaint and cozy. Very countryside-y feeling.”

“We don’t have any cousins,” Christina said a bit annoyed as Sophie closed the door and followed behind, arms crossed brow raised.

“Your father’s side. I met with your mother a month or two ago. I told her I wanted to meet you guys. I’m surprised she didn’t mention me,” Vivienne said with a large smile.

“Yeah, mom didn’t mention it,” Sophie said. “Well, I suppose it explains the accent. Dad was from California originally so if she’s related on that side she would have a not-British accent.”

“Woah, I am so not American, don’t insult me,” Vivienne said sitting up quickly. “I’m Québécoise not American. Well, my maman is American technically-that would be your father’s sister, but still. Totally not American.”

“So you’re Canadian?” Christina said with a sigh.

“No, Québécoise, I grew up speaking French primarily: I was born in Quebec,” She said.

“Same difference,” Sophie muttered rolling her eyes, “Anyways that doesn’t prove you are related to us. If anything it makes your story even more unlikely. What is it you want?”

“A place to stay,” She said with a smile. “I thought I’d move to here like you two. I put in an application yesterday for the poltergeist unit. It sounded fun. And I figure I can’t live off the money I made from that tabloid article forever. So which one of you is the metamorphagus? I’m totally jealous by the way. And it is so lame to think you can change your looks at will and you decide to stick to a boring hair color.”

“Sorry for being so boring,” Sophie remarked dryly. “You want to call Mom? I’ll keep a watch on her.”

“Yeah, she probably just got to the shop to work around this time,” Christina sighed heading to her office. Sophie nodded and glanced back skeptically at the Québécoise girl and sighed, arms still crossed. So much for a quiet summer-because between Kenneth calling her out on being a werewolf (which she still hadn’t mentioned to Chrissy) to a random girl claiming to be their cousin-Sophie had decided that the summer had reached a fairly high level of weird. Though it was sort of amusing that the girl looked more like what you would think a metamorphagus would look like. Sure, her sister used her power all the time and never stuck to the same hair color, but Chrissy at least stuck with a more natural look and her sister, despite the occasional joke she would laugh about when changing her looks-say to mock a lecture Sophie gave her older sister, tended to not use her powers beyond decided what should be the hair color and style of the day.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:59 am
User ImageUser Image
And the clock bell struck
Don't let them find me
For I shall hide with
And all the while looking <I'm always ready to meet my worst enemies>

_____ ღ _____

Vivienne's cousin Sophie who had spoke a bit more than the other was the one who end up waiting in the living room while Christina Dechering headed out to make a phone call to verify Vivienne's story with their mother. Sophie end up leaning against the stone wall next to the fireplace, arms crossed, bright blue eyes narrowed at Vivienne obviously not impressed. Vivienne had sat up and was sitting leg's crossed mimicking the stiffness her cousin had. She thought it was odd that their mother wouldn't have mentioned her visit to her back in the states especially since Vivienne knew at this point what her uncle was-what their father was. Then again, maybe the woman hadn't warranted for her to actually go looking for her daughters. Once upon a time she wouldn't have dreamed about this-it was mad to travel across the United States to hunt down some woman that Vivienne had never met to an uncle she only knew from a passing mention about once and something about him working on capturing werewolves last they talked to him according to her mother, and then to hunt down two cousins fully ready to blackmail them if she had to. Now, she was tired of doing what was expected of her and following things quietly and supporting others she was going to seize her own excitement for once and a fresh continent sounded like a good place to start. Then again, Vivienne was slightly annoyed that there was the common assumption she was American because apparently the only English speakers according to most British it seemed was Americans and Australians-and she obviously didn't sound Australian.

After about five minutes of sitting in silence, about to go mad with the steady watch of Sophie, Christina came back in. "Miss Fleury, right?"

Vivienne nodded, "Oui. Vivienne Haylee Fleury. I prefer ViVi or Vi."

"ViVi? God that's awful sounding. I'm settling for Vi," Christina said shaking her head. She glanced to her sister and said, "Anyways, the story checks out more or less. Mom figured it wasn't worth mentioning unless she showed up at her door."

"And if she just up and decided to show up a week ago or..." Sophie said eyebrow raised.

Christina shrugged, "Good thing that bought of illness wasn't contagious with the medicine you were taking?"

Sophie rolled her eyes and said, "Okay, so the story checks out. Doesn't mean we have to board her here. She probably wouldn't want to stay it is boring here and-"

"No, no," Vivienne interrupted jumping up, "It is charming in a cute sort of way. And it'll be fun to meet my older cousins and..."

Sophie narrowed her eyes dangerously at Vivienne and then said, "So what did Mom say about the whole thing?"

"Not much. We can make our own decisions," Christina replied with a shrug as she tapped the wooden cross on the necklace she tended to wear. "I mean just because she's family doesn't mean she isn't sketchy. And what she did to her ex-boyfriend is something even I wouldn't think of. But, hey the guy was cheating on her, and it is always nasty when you date someone even marginally famous when that sort of thing comes out. The guy is hot though, so there are always people who don't care how horrible you are if that is the case."

"That's just depressing," Sophie said dryly.

Vivienne glared at the two and began obviously aggitated, "Hello. I'm right here you know that. How dare you make assumptions that I'm-"

"We aren't assuming you are," Sophie said. "We are saying you could be."

"Oh, and the daughters of a werewolf have the right to say that!" Vivienne snapped. "Because if people knew about that wouldn't they think God awful things about you two?"

Sophie and Christina exchanged looks and Christina's blue eyes darkened to a black though nothing else changed about her. Christina's black eyes scanned to Vivienne and she said, "One, that's the seventh commandment you just violated and two you don't think the governors at the school aren't already aware of that?"

"Still, it's not like you guys advertise it," Vivienne pointed out. "Look, I could care less its not an issue to me. I just need a place to stay and it is a whole lot safer with family right? And my parents will be like a hundred times less annoying about it. It isn't like I got bad grades and I'm perfectly qualified for working in the spirit division and I won't be a huge bother. But are you guys going to seriously turn away your own family because I could tell more people then just the school governors about your father's condition-my uncle's condition..."

Christina hissed, "You come into my home and make threats to me and my family to try to blackmail us? You think that's going to win you points? What's your problem?"

"I want to stay here and-"

Sophie sighed, "Chrissy, just let it go, we can let her stay at least a week and sleep on the couch. After all, don't forget first Timothy 5:8 about family, besides it won't be that bothersome. You have your lesson plans caught up more or less. I have most of the potions in the house and stocked up. We can put her to work in the garden weeding or something, too."

Chrissy nodded, "Fine. But, after that time..."

"Oh, I know. But she can stay if she is fine with that inconvenience I vote. Granted you bought the house but it isn't like my boss doesn't know. He mentioned it a few days ago to try to make me not be worried about my job. And, he said it was a personal matter. But if she is going to play the family card she should be fine with it."

"Wait your boss knows?" Christina asked stunned as her eyes lightened back to the blue they typically were. "And he said it didn't matter it was a personal thing? Hell, I always knew to a point the porch light was on with that guy but no one was home."

Sophie shrugged, "Yeah, I more or less said the same thing. Apparently he didn't appreciate being told he was half a brick short of a load but whatever... the disadvantages of working for someone near enough to where we are from."

"Yeah, a right good ol' boy type I guess," Christina snorted,"So are you going to tell her then? I mean it is your business, but..."

"Sure, I mean I am registered and she is family. Means she has to accept me, right? Or should," Sophie said before glancing at Vivienne. "You can stay here as long as you want. Don't worry we won't feed you to the wolves. And, when you get that job you can help with household expenses. However, there is a wolf under this roof you should know about. Do you know why your uncle died?"

Vivienne frowned, "Your mother said something about a gunshot or something... or was it a hanging?"

"That's not the important part," Christina answered. "He killed himself out of shame for what he was. But the thing is he was a werewolf for years so why do you think he'd have killed himself all of a sudden like that? You seem like a smart girl so do you have an answer, Miss Fleury?"

"He..." Vivienne raised a brow, "...did he infect someone? But you guys lived in a muggle town so that is a major, major issue so even if-"

"Don't worry about breach of secrecy, he infected someone magical," Christina said dryly.

Vivienne stared between the two and covered her mouth a bit surprised before sitting down on the couch and taking a minute. "Well I guess you guys don't care that much about your father being a werewolf considering one of you are," She said. "But, I mean, obviously it isn't a huge issue I mean its been years and..."

"Exactly," Christina said. "But most people think it is. Regardless of how competent my sister might be at brewing her own potions."

Vivienne shrugged, "Yeah, but I don't care. I mean, it is kind of cool. A metamorphagus and a werewolf. Like a fairy tale story or something. Or a ghost story-I mean I'm the one who applied to work in the poltergeist unit. Granted poltergeist aren't ghosts but actually-" She started into a speil about the subject and Christina looked at her sister as if to say 'are you sure this is okay with you'. Sophie shrugged and mouthed, 'she can't be any more annoying than you'.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bréanainn Cian Conri
Charm's Professor(4-7)||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn found himself standing at the door of his kind of girlfriend...whatever she was. He was invited there by Christina to spend the holidays with her and that was an offer he could not refuse. He had actually wanted to meet the family of the mother of his children...naturally. He was sure that her family knew the circumstances and he expected some hostility actually, but he truly was going in blind here. Sophie, he has seen, but never had talked to and their cousin Vivienne, whom Bréaniann had never seen, heard, nothing. But hey, trial by fire was something that he always did exceedingly well at.

He knocked at the door, waiting for a face to show up at the door. Luckily, he knew what Sophie looked like so he could definitely tell the three apart on this one...of course, unless Christina took form of one of her sisters, which he certainly wouldn't put that above her. She did like to mess with him as much as she possibly could.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:56 pm

Prof. Christina Anna DecheringxxxxProf. Sophie Taylor DecheringxxxxVivienne Haylee Fleuryxxxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vivienne had stayed with her cousins during the winter break for three reasons: one, she had volunteered to work the holidays figuring that any hi-jinxes that a poltergeist might get into over the Christmas season would be twice as amusing as any other time, two, Canada was way colder than Scotland and while she didn't mind the winter and liked it, she was getting spoiled by warmer winters in Scotland, and three, she sort of missed her cousins while they were busy teaching at Hogwarts. Of course, now that Chrissy was home and moody as all get out ViVi sort of wondered about why she missed her oldest cousin. And then to consider she was inviting the ex-quidditch player who she was so totally seeing and apparently liked (ugh...) but she figured she could give the man Hell at least for giggles.

The three were in the kitchen, Chrissy busy setting the table with ViVi and Sophie busy on finishing up the turkey, half a dozen dishes already done and set out on the counter. At least they would have left overs for a while. When the doorbell rang, ViVi quickly laid down the stack of plates she was carrying and rushed to the door getting a glare from Chrissy as she opened the door quickly, a grin on her face before she narrowed her eyes at Bréanainn Conri and she sighed rolling her eyes and muttering in French before calling out to Chrissy and Sophie, "Je ai pensé qu'il serait plus attrayant. Is this what ex-quidditch stars look like? Thank God I dumped that couillon I was seeing back home..."

Chrissy arrived to the door, very much pregnant at this point, her eyes narrowing briefly at her cousin who she backhanded in the shoulder and said, "Don't use God's name in vain and don't be rude. Besides, you dumped the guy because he was a cheating jerk." ViVi shrugged, rolling her eyes as she was mostly joking, before Chrissy sighed and pulled down the pony tail that was holding her currently dirty-blonde hair and began with proper introductions, "Bréanainn, may I introduce you to my cousin Vivienne Fleury. ViVi this is Bréanainn. Sophie is busy finishing the turkey at the moment... I hope you brought your appetite. Come in..." She stepped away from the door and motioned inside showing a rustic looking living room where a Christmas tree stood in the middle of the room with presents underneath. The fireplace was crackling and the smells of the Christmas dinner were floating through the house.

Chrissy frowned slightly, a bit apprehensive about allowing him into her home, but the full moon wasn't for about a week, and she figured that considering they would be having two children together soon it was about time for Bréanainn to sort of get a feel on how she liked to live. It was only right. Her mother had stayed in the States but she had sent some presents ahead of time and in the end Christmas was about family. And whether Chrissy exactly planned it or not Bréanainn and her were sort of family at this point-even if they never actually bothered to make it more official. Though, she did suppose Sophie and ViVi were a bit right that calling it a 'exclusive hook-up' was sort of like actually dating and Chrissy did like Bréanainn and her biggest reason for not being serious-not wanting to settle down and have to possibly answer awkward questions about her family-was already something that had to be addressed considering they were having kids together. Though, to be fair, Bréanainn wasn't exactly the type who seemed to really care about the details of her family. Chrissy wasn't exactly about to say 'oh yeah, my Dad was a werewolf and bit my sister who is now a werewolf and is totally going to be involved in these kids' life because she is their aunt and my sister and I love her'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<< OoC >>

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:33 am

Bréanainn Cian Conri

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréaniann had stood there for hardly thirty seconds before Christina's cousin had opened the door, starting off in French, for she was calling to her siblings, but judging by her next statement, it was probably something insulting, but did he care to know what it meant...no, not really. And he figured that the woman was joking around with him, just like Christina usually did. But when Christina came to the door, she seemed to get a bit serious with her cousin, telling her not to take God's name in vain and that was being rude. Then even went to explain why Vivienne had broke up with that 'couillon', whatever that meant. It was obviously French however...that being the one thing he did know. He had dated a French girl and the words he indeed recognized. He couldn't translate it though.

After Christina's introduction with her cousin Vivienne, he gave Vivienne a healthy smile. "It truly is a pleasure to meet you," he said, his accent coming out in his speech. He did extend his hand to shake the woman's hand, but he wasn't sure whether or not that it would be returned. He would react accordingly.

Leaning in and kissing Christina softly on the cheek, he walked into the house, taking the intoxicating atmosphere and smells in as he stood there. It was...beautiful...and unlike anything he personally has ever lived. His family had never celebrated holidays...ever. And he felt like that year would be much better. "T'is is truly better t'an I ever could imagine," he admitted to Christina, a wide smile on his face as he said it. Of course, Christina could blow it off, but Conri had never experienced this sort of thing before.

He then walked into the house, wondering what it was he was supposed to do. He had no idea if dinner was ready...what it was they did. He was sure they were going to pray...to which he had no idea what he was supposed to do with that either. But hey, he would learn as he went. Since he was having kid's with Christina, he really wanted to learn about her lifestyle at home, because despite how unofficial they are, Bréaniann felt that it was a lot more intimate than either of them had intended at the beginning. Sure, a huge part had to do with the fact that they were having kids together, but it still was getting more intimate before they learned about that part.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 am

Prof. Christina Anna DecheringxxxxProf. Sophie Taylor DecheringxxxxVivienne Haylee Fleuryxxxx

"Pleasure to meet me? You don't even know me," ViVi pointed out with a shrug as she shook his hand. "Time will tell, oui?" She added ending the quick but firm handshake and brushing some of her pink and brunette bangs behind her ear, and stepped back watching the exchange between her eldest cousin and Bréanainn before rolling her eyes and heading towards the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Chrissy raised a brow as Bréanainn kissed her cheek and said it was better than he could ever imagine. She blushed slightly and said, "It's actually fairly small compared to most Christmases. My first year here may have been a hair smaller though... I think Sophie made one less dish or something. And less presents. Mom sent a bunch for her-as she calls them- future favorite grandchildren." Chrissy rolled her eyes and shut the door behind him as she led him into the kitchen and dinning room where Sophie was setting down a large turkey among half a dozen other dishes on the table-not including the pie and pudding on the counter.

She stepped back and looked Bréanainn over for a moment before, giving a small smile and said, "Welcome to our home, Professor Conri." She stepped around the table as if she was going to shake her hand and then paused and instead tucked her hand behind her back and said, "Anyways, so... um... Merry Christmas and ready for I guess your first Christmas as a father?" She ended with an awkward smile before saying with a cheery brightness that seemed a bit forced through her (what she was sure) was a rather awkward, "Well, dinner is done if y'all are hungry!"

"Thank goodness, I'm starving. I could eat a horse right now," Chrissy declared before grabbing Bréanainn's arm and shoving him towards one of the seats some, "Go ahead sit down. I was dying of hunger and I had to endure the smells of her cooking for like the past three days. It was killing me! And the kids! And... I swear all the weight I'm gaining is going to take me like forever to lose after these kids are born..."

"You're a metamorphagus," ViVi said with a shrug, "You can shed the pounds instantly if you want. Well, at least we know an air for theatrics runs in the family," She added with a shrug sitting down at a seat near a plate of sweat potatoes. "Bon Appétit!" She declared reaching out for one of the rolls before getting a death glare from Sophie and Chrissy and said, "What? I'm the heathen cousin remember? Right... Christmastime family meals... blahblahblah..." She said rolling her eyes and folding her hands in her lap. "Well the English bloke can go..."

"He's Irish..." Chrissy said, massaging her forehead.

"And I'm Québécoise and you still get that wrong half the time," Chrissy joked sticking out her tongue at her cousin. "You called me American when I first met, eh? Not even close. Oh well... either way, guests get the honors of going first and doing the saying graces and what not." She ended with a big grin.

Sophie frowned slightly as ViVi put the spotlight on him and she quickly said, "He might not actually believe the same thing we do... I mean I... Chrissy's never said one way or another and considering..." She glanced at her sister and Bréanainn, before suggesting quietly, "Chrissy, why don't you start us off like usual, unless it would make Bréanainn uncomfortable for some reason. We can say grace in silence if we so wish too..."

The whole thing felt awkward to Sophie, like he was intruding on something he shouldn't. After all, Chrissy had always made it pretty clear she didn't want to add to the family (not that Sophie actually would have protested in the end) and then out of the blue she's pregnant and dragging the guy to their place on Christmas of all things. Sophie supposed it made sense and obviously her sister liked the guy well enough, but it was still a bit of an intrusion-Sophie supposed time would tell if it was a despised or completely unwelcome one. Granted, she figured if she wanted she could go back to the castle or show up in Hogsmeade. If she knocked on Jason's door long enough he might let her in for her merely to stop bothering him with the knocking as long as she didn't bother him. Or he might just kill her... not that Sophie would totally blame the guy. It wasn't like she was actually a part of his pack or in any way his responsibility. He was just polite enough to tolerate her existence and not consider her an outside threat.

<< OoC >>

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:09 am

Bréanainn Cian Conri

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréaniann listened to Vivienne's small question, seeing the same kind of humor that Chrissy had done when he first met her. She actually very much seemed, from the few words that she had said, very much like Chrissy, which was interesting. Of course, this was judging on hardly anything, but he figured that he knew he should be prepared for it the whole time that he would be spending at the Dechering Homestead. He actually really wanted to leave a good impression on Christina's family...mainly because Sophie would be the Aunt of his and Christina's kids...and of course, Vivienne would be a relatively distant relative too.

As Chirstina, told him it was rather small, to which he was actually surprised. That was small? He could only imagine what was big. Of course, he had no idea what it meant to be a holiday because his family had never celebrated them. As much as Bréanainn loved the holiday season at Hogwarts, he firmly believed that maybe this change of setting would be a lot better for him. "Well is truly is bigger t'an I've ever experienced...ot'er t'an t'e castle o' course," he admitted to Christina, hinting at his relative inexperience at celebrating holidays. Hopefully, he wasn't supposed to follow some ritual, in which he had no idea about. He knew that Christina's family had been followers of some supreme being named 'God', in which he had heard stories about, but he didn't know much about, being a wizard of a family who didn't necessarily believe in much of anything. But...he always could learn.

As he was led into the kitchen by Christina, he was met by Sophie, who had found her way around the table, seemingly wanting to shake his hand, but that wasn't necessarily what happened. She kept her hands behind her back, Bréanainn initially moved his hand to shake hers, but the movement was miniscule enough to be hard to catch. He did address what the woman had said. "Well, t'ank you for havin' me. And I am very much ready," he said with a smile, matching Sophie's very awkward looking one. Soon enough, his arm was being grabbed by Christina and he was being pushed towards a seat, to which he kept a smile on his face as she spoke, hearing the apparent over-dramatics that Christina was going through at that moment. He didn't add anything but a small smile to it.

When Vivienne had said 'Bon Appétit', he was a bit hesitant to actually go ahead and eat...and he was right for being that hesitant, because she soon got what could only be explained as a 'death glare'. But what happened next made him tense up quite a bit, because she said that he could 'go'. Go? What was he going for and why was he being described as an English bloke. He was by far not English, but that was something that he didn't take much offense to...he was just having a difficulty figuring out what he was supposed to be doing. Soon enough, he would be answered however. Shortly after Christina had distinguished that he was Irish, Vivienne had given him a short explanation...or at least, said what it was that he was to do...and at that, he did tense a bit. Not to the point that it was noticeable, but he did. He didn't know...how to do...whatever 'grace' was.

But fortunately for him, there went Sophie, making a defense in which showed that he wouldn't have to do such a thing and pointed to Chrissy to do whatever this...'grace' was. He would surely learn what it was in a few moments. He did make sure to put down any doubts in anyone at the table. "Not really a matter in which I don't believe, rat'er I am ignorant to it, I would love to learn about it t'ough," he admitted, a small smile on his face as he said it, looking at Christina to start whatever was about to be said. He wasn't lying when he said he would love to learn about what they believe, because he has personally never believed in anything, and maybe it would be better if he changed that. Obviously, he'd be a bit skeptical at first, but then again: who wasn't?

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:04 pm

ViVi raised a brow at Bréanainn apparently highly unimpressed by what he called his 'ignorance' to the whole matter. "Where have you been living all your life? A rock... Christmas.... sort of a Christian holiday... seriously you should at least know the basics of basically the largest religious belief system in the Western World. And pretty much all religions pray... or say grace as most Americans put it. You know thanking whatever it is who is out there for all the blessings in your life like a full table and stomach... a roof over your head..." She shook her head rolling her eyes, meanwhile Sophie was busy massaging her forehead thinking about how she was pretty sure curled up sleeping or reading a book at Jason's-even being put to work taking care of plants in his shop-getting a death glare the whole time was preferable to what she was pretty sure was starting to head to Hell in a hand-basket fast.

"He's not that ignorant," Chrissy said, confidently, though she never actually spoke that much on the matter with him. It wasn't like she seriously sat down and talked about religion and the meaning of God with people she was hooking up with. She had other far less spiritual things on her mind with those sort of people. If she wanted to talk about the state of her soul or what not she had Church on Sundays to do all that. She wasn't going to actually say 'oh we haven't talked about something as basic as religious and moral teachings for a kid' and things like that. Hell, they weren't totally set on names. Though, Chrissy figured she'd take over that. Have you seen the size of a baby's head? And two of those were coming out of her... she was pretty sure she got first say on baby names. She'd consult Bréanainn whenever she got around on it or if she got stuck on a middle name or what not.

Christina said holding out her hand and taking Bréanainn's in one and placing it on the table as she sat next to him and then taking her sisters, "Well, anyways, I'll go ahead and pray then and we can eat. I seriously am starving."

ViVi laughed and grabbed Sophie's hand and then reached over to take Bréanainn's and then bowed her head along with Sophie and Christina, as Christina began with "Dear Heavenly Father" and went on to thank God for their good health, for protection into the coming year, thanked Him for the food on the table, and the fact that Sophie was a good cook, and then went on to thank him for allowing His son to be born on Christmas and for the virgin Mary's bravery and willingness to obey Him in having His son and so on and so forth... after a few minutes Chrissy summed up, "In Jesus's name. Amen."

Letting go of hands, Chrissy declared, "Dig in!" She reached across the table grabbing several cornbread muffins, while Sophie sighed and wandlessly levitated a large carving knife from the kitchen counter to the place in front of Bréanainn and Sophie said quietly with the same stiff formality as before as Chrissy was already eating one of the muffins, "You want to do the honors of carving the turkey, Mr. Conri?"

<< OoC >>

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:22 am

Bréanainn Cian Conri

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn watched everything unfold in front of him, listening to the cousin Vivienne, who found it a bit surprising that he had not known much about the Christian faith. It was the truth however. Bréaniann, despite his mother working within the Department in Muggle Relations in the Ministry, the woman had never divulged any of the information that she really came across in terms of religion. His family had never necessarily believed in anything, a fact that sometimes Bréanainn wished wasn't a thing. The more and more his relationship developed with Christina, the more and more he definitely saw the religious background coming out of her. The two of them never really had talked about it, but he felt like he could see it, or at least, what he thought it was. He had no idea if what he was seeing truly was that or something else.

Looking at Vivienne for a short moment, he shrugged his shoulders and spoke. "Well, my old home might have been tantamount to a rock. We didn't celebrate anyt'in' at all; so you might actually be right on t'at one," he said, hoping to diffuse that talk quickly by changing the subject as quick as possible. By the looks of Sophie, she didn't seem like she was really enjoying the time. It might have been his presence in general, but she really had been nothing but friendly to him. He could only imagine what Sophie thought of him, but Vivienne certainly seemed a lot like Christina when her and Bréanainn had first met. The question Vivienne had posed him just made him reminisce on when he met Chrissy a few years before that point.

And of course Christina had argued that he had indeed not been as ignorant as he was stating, but Bréanainn had not said much about this. He knew very little about it, enough for him to call himself ignorant, but he of course had caught on to a few things from just being with Christina as long as he had been. He probably knew more about it than he gave himself credit for, but that thought stayed just that...a thought. He chose not to voice it to avoid any kind negative dialogue.

Taking Christina's hand as she extended hers while sitting down, he watched as each of the family had extended their hands for the people sitting beside them. He did the same and listened to the prayer as Christina had started, noting what the woman was saying and trying to understand it. There were names he had not really heard much of, like the Virgin Mary. He obviously knew who Jesus was, but none of the secondary names she had referenced he knew, but as aforementioned, he would learn about it soon enough. "Amen," he said for once...shyly, following the same routine as the woman around the table.

Christina had told them to dig in, but he was still rather hesitant, not knowing if there were any other things he was supposed to follow, like maybe there was an order to get the food, but then he realized that wasn't a thing. Soon enough, Sophie had levitated a carving knife towards him and placed it in front of him. She then had asked him if he wanted to cut the turkey to which he happily obliged. "Now t'at, t'at's somet'in' I can do," he said to her, a smile on his face and then cutting into the turkey, cutting into it almost flawlessly. He wasn't an amazing chef or anything, but he knew how to cut a turkey, because whenever his mother would make turkey, chicken, or any other bird for that matter, he was stuck having to cut it. Thankfully, that skill had paid off well here, carving into the turkey quickly, but with relative skill.

After finishing that, he placed the carving knife down and got some of it, happy to be eating. He hadn't eaten that much over that day, but maybe that was a good thing, because this certainly was a variety of food on the plates, ready to be eaten. Starting out with the turkey, and then moving to the very same muffins that Christina had been picking at. He then made his way through pretty much all the food before his plate was pretty much full...and all of it looked delicious...and when he went to taste it, it definitely tasted as good as it looked. A large smile on his face, he waited to swallow his food and then spoke to Sophie. "This food really is delicious. I'm sure you probably already knew t'at, but figured I'd mention it." Of both the woman he wanted to make a solid impression on, he definitely more desired to make a good one on Sophie, due to the fact that she was Christina's sister and they seemed pretty close at that. He couldn't afford to make a bad impression on the sister, or he would be out the door faster than he came in. He did make sure to look at Christina as well...so she didn't feel ignored either. He just wasn't sure what to say, due to the fact he didn't know just how much they were supposed to talk at the dinner table. Bréanainn wasn't necessarily used to sitting at the table and eating. His mother and father would usually work late; so he and his brother would usually have to either eat in the living room together, which was a lot less formal, or just eat in their respective rooms. Either way, they were both a lot less formal than eating at a dinner table.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:24 pm

When Bréanainn answered, likening his home to a rock, ViVi rolled her eyes before raising a brow as he went on about not celebrating anything at all. She waited till after the prayer before moving in to quiz the man, "So your family didn't celebrate anything? No Boxing Day? No Birthdays? No St. Patrick's Day? I mean you're Irish right... don't they all celebrate St. Patrick's day as an excuse to get drunk and..."

"That's Irish Americans or Caucasian New Englanders and Chicago-ians who think it is cool to claim they are Irish as it suddenly makes it socially acceptable to get wasted and be complete idiots," Chrissy corrected, rolling her eyes as she set down what was at least her third cornbread muffin of the evening.

Sophie smiled slightly at Chrissy's assessment of the holiday and said, "Technically it is for the Catholic Saint St. Patrick who was supposed to have been the one to banish all of the snakes from Ireland and the British Isles. No doubt that was a sad day for Salazar Slytherin." She went back to cutting pieces of her food, seemingly not in the mood to eat much when Bréanainn complemented the food and the conversation moved on, "I suppose you should be happy to know that if you can get Chrissy to stay in the kitchen long enough and sit still she can cook just the same."

She raised a brow and set down her silverware and said, "I hope you excuse my bluntness, Professor Conri, but I'm curious... what exactly is your plans regarding my sister?" At her sister's blunt question, Chrissy coughed slightly on the sip of water she had just started before visibly paling and then her eyes flashing red briefly in annoyance. Her sister sounded like their mom or something! Granted, Chrissy, suspected slightly that their Mom might have put Sophie up to it. That or put ViVi up to asking the questions (which was more likely) and Sophie saved her (sort of) by being the one to ask instead of letting ViVi ask in her more mad and far blunter and far ruder way that was the type of way to intentionally start dramatics. How the girl managed to hold a straightlaced Ministry job as a translator for a few years was beyond Chrissy. She suspected ViVi just merely put her theatrics more on a back burner until she decided it was far more entertaining to embrace it (and also didn't depend on the equivalent of a 'high-school sweetheart' emotionally).

<< OoC >>

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Bréanainn Cian Conri

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréaniann looked at Vivienne for a moment and shook his head as she listed certain things that people tended to celebrate...none of which his family observed at all. "Nope...none of it. Me mot'er always told us our birt'days were just anot'er year livin' on eart' and not'in' more t'an t'at. And my mot'er didn't let us celebrate St. Patrick's day to be honest. I never knew why, but we were not allowed," he admitted to her, not even commenting on the whole 'excuse to get drunk' deal. He felt that it didn't need to be explained, but before he knew it, Christina had added her viewpoint on it, which very well seemed true. He had no idea it was like that, because Saint Patrick's day in Ireland didn't just involve drinking. It involved a lot of festivals, a particular way to dress...everything. He found it very surprising that Americans had just used it as a reason to drink because that really took away from the holiday. "Do t'ey really do t'at in t'e States?"

He listened to Sophie as she seemed to know more about the holiday than the other relatives did. It was actually surprising that she knew so much about it, but he wouldn't question just how...because he wasn't sure if both of the girls had any Irish in them. He didn't remember what Chrissy had told him she was. Of course...the orange hair usually was a trait of an Irish person, but he had no idea if that was her natural hair color or not.

When Sophie had told him that Chrissy had made food just as well...he gave a brief sigh of relief...that was rather to himself however. Bréanainn was by no means a good cook. He was okay, but he still wasn't very good. It was nice to have a woman in his life that did have the capability to cook...hopefully as well as Bréaniann's mother. One could only hope that Christina was that good of a cook. He'd never try to cook ever again. But then again, getting Christina to sit still long enough sounded challenging on its own.

Bréaniann had sat there eating for a few moments...not really saying anything. He was just enjoying the food so much that he didn't really want to stop. But what came next from Sophie came as a surprise. A question was posed to him that he had previously thought about, but he had no idea he would be answering it so soon. He kept his cool and answered however, hoping Christina didn't go crazy over the answer. He instantly started to look at Sophie's eyes, making sure she knew just how confident he was in this answer. "I figured t'is question would be brought up somewhere down t'e road. Wasn't expectin' it to come t'is early, but o' course, I will answer you to t'e best of my ability. Your sister is a very amazing, intelligent, and beautiful woman and my plan...my plan is to treat her as such and attempt to make her as happy as I possibly can...the way a woman like her deserves. T'is will not change...under any circumstances," he said, pausing for a moment before starting again. "Of course, it depends how each of us define a plan. I've realized t'at set plans...are hard to fulfill because t'ey do not take in account any events t'at could happen between t'e present and any future date. But a plan such as t'is, which targets emotions, tend to be more ambiguous and can adapt to future events. T'en again, I could of course could recite to you what Christina and I had agreed on in terms of our relationship toget'er some months ago, but I don't believe t'at will get truly get across what I set out to do." He ended on this note, his eyes moving from Sophie to around the table. He didn't know what Chrissy thought of the whole thing, but he knew she was probably annoyed just by the fact they were talking about this at a dinner table. He hoped she didn't get angry about it either. They both agreed to have a more serious relationship and this was how he hoped to achieve a more serious relationship.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items