Get hype. (SSB4) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:36 pm
With the Nintendo Direct coming up on Tuesday and the soon-coming E3, I thought we should have a proper SSB4 thread to discuss as well as the pic of the day updates.

So what does everyone think will happen on Tuesday? It's got to be a newcomer and I'm going with either Pac-Man or Ridley.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:32 pm
i dont know about ridley, it might not be this update but I wouldn't be surprised if protoman made an appearance in this one.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:41 pm
God damn, I want to do a podcast. It's so much easier to get stuff out with voice.

I don't think Proto Man will be playable but he'll be an AT.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:52 pm
maybe that'd be the update then, they'll show off a few of the assist trophys

oh wait maybe that could be part of megamans final smash, Protoman comes in and helps him.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:59 pm
I thought that too, but I dunno. I think it'll be one of Mega Man's numerous powers from the first ten games. Maybe flash stopper? He stops time but then can shoot you.

I think Ridley is pretty likely, though! They're getting more third (or fourth) tier with their choices and stretching a little for characters that you never play as more. The Metroid series is strong and when Melee was announced people thought you'd be able to play as him. Maybe he'd be weird and look weird scaled down but it Pokemon Trainer isn't in or has different Pokemon, I can see him being a good replacement for Charizard.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:59 pm
Meta_Fish
God damn, I want to do a podcast. It's so much easier to get stuff out with voice.

I don't think Proto Man will be playable but he'll be an AT.

We could skype about it again. razz  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:00 pm
The Flash Stopper would be kinda lame if the clock item that stops time is staying in. I wonder whether it is?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:45 pm
well the only other thing i can think of is like he gets a Rush Armor of sorts and dashs around like sonic blasting everything. i dunno.  

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:59 pm
It's gotta be Rush Jet/Power Adaptor. He's already got Rush, so it would make sense if he came out and they merged or whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:40 am
Since they change the game a lot from Brawl like Pikachu's Thunder now is a meteor strike, Rosalina and luma being able to separate, and Little Mac having a 1-hit KO move, I would like to see the game in motion. And not just the little clips they have for the newcomers.

They could do Hyper Mega Man as Mega Man's final smash
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120328183926/marvelvscapcom/images/b/b8/Hyper_Megaman.gif  

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 am
nah that'd just be silly. mainly cause it wouldnt be very original.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:04 pm
Fish has convinced me that Ridley will probably be confirmed tomorrow.

Also, Mega Man DOES have the Shoryuken uppercut from Marvel vs. Capcom already... sure, it wouldn't be original if Hyper Mega Man were his FS, but it's a possibility.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:40 pm
So, has anyone else though about what the characters will actually be this time?

Like, I'm not who they will be but what they will be.

Will they be trophies like in the last 2 games, or dolls like the first? Or something else?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm
Depends on what character you're talking about.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 pm
Jarogue
Since they change the game a lot from Brawl like Pikachu's Thunder now is a meteor strike, Rosalina and luma being able to separate, and Little Mac having a 1-hit KO move, I would like to see the game in motion. And not just the little clips they have for the newcomers.

They could do Hyper Mega Man as Mega Man's final smash
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120328183926/marvelvscapcom/images/b/b8/Hyper_Megaman.gif
I'd like to see more footage too because at last E3, the only time we saw much in-game footage, it didn't look very finished. Or even close to it.

It won't be Hyper Mega Man. Like Xilo said, it's not original and Sakurai kind of trashed Mega's appearance in other fighting games (MVC and MVC2) for including a lot of punches because he rarely ever does that. He doesn't go Hyper either, nor does he fuse with Eddie or Beat. Not to mention Sakurai is keeping him as close as humanly possible to his NES appearances--he isn't the huge-booted young man we see in later artwork and MM7 or 8, but instead, as close to the NES sprite as possible (fishgasm). If it's not one of his main powers, it's got to be the Rush Adaptor or the punchy fist (technical name) from MMV (GB).

OR Black Hole Bomb which would be all too ******** awesome, but I think Sakurai is kind of skipping 9 and 10 which is a little sad.

16-bit Jazzy
Fish has convinced me that Ridley will probably be confirmed tomorrow.

Also, Mega Man DOES have the Shoryuken uppercut from Marvel vs. Capcom already... sure, it wouldn't be original if Hyper Mega Man were his FS, but it's a possibility.
I'm a very convincing man.

Really, when you get down to it, who else makes sense? Ridley is a bit of a stretch, sure, but so is Rosalina. I was surprised to see her in Mario Kart, let alone Smash. And while Little Mac didn't seem likely he seems to fit in better than any of the announced newcomers and seeing him in action makes you wonder how you never saw it before.

He has the shoyruken which could mean he's going a little off the rails but I thin--Wait. What move IS the shoyruken? He has so many moves I don't know what can be what. That can't be his FS. XD

[Kegan]
So, has anyone else though about what the characters will actually be this time?

Like, I'm not who they will be but what they will be.

Will they be trophies like in the last 2 games, or dolls like the first? Or something else?
WELL. This is where my speculation gets really intense, so be prepared for an asspie-fest (I know you are. Xilo, too.). I think they moved away from the dolls/toys thing for good--sadly, because I loved the idea of them being real toys you could play with and it was a kid living out his fantasies of these worlds colliding, which would also make for a great marketing push.

But the little figures on circular stands seems... familiar. Like something people buy a lot of now. Like something that would work well with the controller the console version is coming out on. Something like...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now, hear me out. I wrote Nintendo a HUGE letter about this some time ago, I want to say before last year's reveal. Smash U could use NFC figures for SOME things and not ruin it completely. It could be an entirely optional kinda thing that works in conjunction with DLC, which yes, could be seen as evil, but hear me out, hear me out!

Smash comes out and it's completely complete. It's got ten new characters, about 40-50 total, tons of stages, trophies, some costumes swaps, etc. But some content could be locked on-disc (which yes, is awful, but it's the world we live in) or actual DLC (or both).

Examples would be the best way to show this off.

Say the game is out and we've been playing it for months and a new character is announced online. They announce a date you can download him but you can also buy an NFC figure for (about) the same price. Who wouldn't want awesome looking 3D models of Smash Figures? I mean, s**t, who hasn't looked at some of those trophies and wanted one? I'd buy a Mega Man one right away.

Or say they release figures for characters that are already in the game. Say there's a Mario figure and you buy it. It could unlock alternate costumes (Dr. Mario, Shadow Mario, Paper Mario, etc), a bonus stage, songs, stickers and in-game trophies.

I know this is all pretty far-fetched. For retailers to get new shipments at certain dates isn't completely unheard of but for the figure to unlock yet un-made DLC would be hard. So they could just be a ticket to verify you bought the figure and it would unlock the download from the eShop. Maybe the figures wouldn't look that amazing or maybe they'd be super tiny or maybe the whole DLC thing is flawed. I'm just saying it's a neat idea, especially if it's optional and you can still get the same stuff (sans figure) around the same time. I know Sakurai doesn't want to do DLC very much but god dammit. Just do it, *****.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff