Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Spring Means Flowers Right? <Mahlar + Xiao Xing> (Fin) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:15 pm
User Image Far off in a clearing and somewhere deep in a forest, Xiao walked about in absolute dismay. For the life of her she could not figure out why there were absolutely no flowers in bloom. She had been told by a wizened old Nixie that she would find the most beautiful flowers here, and since she enjoyed flower arranging to look there. 'Old bat... She must have been half senile!' She thought to herself. Thankfully Xiao's outspoken mind stayed put. She rarely said the things out loud anymore. Well rare enough. On occasion she would spout something so out of place for the graceful creature that one couldn't help but stop and stare at her.

She looked left and miracle of all miracles there was one lone flower near an ancient tree, but she had never seen a flower like it before. It was deep purple, with a blue and white center, and an deep blood orange stem. She lowered her head to stare at it for a moment, lost completely in her thoughts.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:10 pm
User ImageWith winter finally over, and boy was it a long one, Mahlar was enjoying the first bit of spring. Not everything had recovered from a winter of cold and snow but life was certainly returning to the lands. Green was now the predominate color, where as only weeks ago it was white, and every now and then another color would pop into sight. It would be some time before everything came out in full force, but spring was definitely here and Mahlar couldn't be happier. In a couple more week Mahlar was sure that flowers would flow across all of the meadows, that trees would once again be weighed down with boughs full of leaves and fruit, and of course spring also meant lots of babies running around everywhere. Oh yes, spring was here and Mahlar was loving it.

Leaving the green of the meadow behind Mahlar ventured into a large stand of trees. He was curious to see what wonders awaited him among the sturdy trunks of the forest, what small signs of life he would find here. He followed a well used trail for some time before venturing off the beaten path. After a short time a flash of white and black with a hint of red caught his attention. Curious the small stallion made his way over towards the mix of colors. As he got closer he noticed it was a small mare, he body the color of snow, with a few patches of black that reminded him of clouds along with her black mane and tail. It was the flowers that truly drew him in, not just the ones she had in her mane and tail but also the way she seemed to be studying. Could he have found another flower enthusiast? Walking forward Mahlar approached the mare slowly not wanting to startle her. "Hello there." He looked between her and the flower by the base of the tree. "Quite an interesting flower you have found there."  

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:26 pm
Xiao jumped at the sound of a male voice behind her, so lost in her thoughts was she that she hadn't expected for anyone to come across her. She looked to him and said in a light, shy voice "Oh my you startled me!" She blinked wistfully at him, "My apologies sir, I was seeking flowers for my arrangement hobby and was so curious about this odd flower that I lost myself in thought." She looked over the lovely roses in his own hair and smiled, it was nice to see another like her that loved flowers so. She enjoyed arranging them in lovely designs and giving them to anyone who would like something like this. She even occasionally gifted them to two legged, but that was rare.

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:47 pm
He had tried not to startle her but it seemed that he had indeed done so. Mahlar felt bad for doing so, yet the way she had been so intensely looking at the flower he wasn't surprised that she hadn't heard him coming and reacted as she had to his words. He gave her an apologetic smile. "You must forgive me. It was certainly not my intention to startle you. Do not apologize, it was my fault for giving you such a fright, I hope you will forgive me." He dipped his head for a moment before returning his gaze to her. "Flower arrangements?" He asked curiously. So she was interested in flowers. Ah this was turning out to be a great day, even if he had frightened her a moment ago. He turned his attention to the flower. "It is a strange looking flower that's for sure...and yet that is what makes it so appealing. I have to say I have never seen a flower such as this one before."

He took a sniff of the flower inhaling it's delectable scent. Releasing his breath slowly he turned his attention back to the mare. "Where are my manners? First I scare you and now I'm talking about flowers when I should be properly introducing myself. Allow me to do so now. My name it Mahlar and it is a pleasure to meet another flower enthusiast." He bobbed his head in greeting and then couldn't help himself and started talking about the flower once more. "Tell me, what sort of arrangements do you make? And more importantly what flowers would you pair up with this one if you were to make one with this particular flower in it?"

Wasteland Wyvern

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:10 pm
Xiao smiled at him when he introduced himself. His name was unique but still rolled off the tongue when said, "It is nice to meet you Mahlar, I am called Xiao Xing but you may just use Xiao if it please you." She had a unique way of talking that occasionally popped around for supper as her mother used to say.
She thought for a moment about his question before answering, "I think I would start with it being the centerpiece with three lilies in each corner giving it a slight border, and then find some nice broad bamboo leaves to hang down below the entire arrangement." She only had a small bushel of bamboo leaves given to her by a trader that came from her own homeland. She rarely used them in her arrangements but she would for this one.

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:24 am
"Xiao, it's a lovely name." He told her with a smile. He turned his attention back to the flower as she began to describe how she would use it in an arrangement. While Mahlar had a great love of flowers he had never made any arrangements with them before. Oh as a foal he might have grabbed a mouthful of flowers and presented them to his mother as a gift, but back then he put little to no thought of what flowers would go well together. As she told him what flowers would be put together and how they would be placed he nodded his head, imagining just what it would look like. "I must say, you have a gift when it comes to flowers. Even just hearing you describe how you would put them all together makes me realize how beautiful it all would be. Have you been making flower arrangements for a long time then?" He was certain she had since it was clear she knew exactly what could and should go with what when it came to flowers.

Wasteland Wyvern

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:38 am
She couldn't help the blush that graced her milk pale cheeks when he called her name lovely. It was admittedly the first anyone had used the term in regards to her, especially since her failed arranged marriage. She shook her head to rid herself of the memories. Her smile grew more vivid as he asked how long she had been arranging flowers and she happily answered, "I have been taught it from childhood, I believe I started when I was three months old. My mother was quite the traditionalist, and taught all both me and my sister as soon as we could hold the flowers properly." Remembering her mother brought a happy sadness to her. It was quite sad that she could not see her again, but wonderful that she remembered such moments. "May I ask how you came to be interested in flowers yourself?"

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:50 am
He gave his head another nod. "That's a wonderful thing for your mother to pass on to you and your sister." He paused for a moment trying to remember back of what got his so enamored with flowers. "Well I suppose both my parents, as well as my grandmother got me interested in flowers. Though it was my father who influenced me the most. Every time he went anywhere he would pick a couple of flowers and bring them back with him, he would them place one in the mane of both my mother and grandmother to show how much he loved them and how he appreciated having them in his life." He smiled at the memory. "Seeing the way their eyes lit up and the smiles coming to their faces I took up that same thing whenever I went out. But overtime I started to also learn about the flowers, how they grew, what purposes they had, and grew to appreciate them even more. Now I can't imagine my life without flowers in it, even if it is simply admiring any I come across." He looked from the flower then back up to Xiao and gave her a smile, happy he could talk about his love of flowers with someone who would understand how much it meant to him.

Wasteland Wyvern

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:02 pm
She lowered her head and sniffed the flower lightly as he told her of his love for flowers and how it came to be. She never thought that she would find someone quite so enamored with flowers as her, "That is a wonderful reason to love flowers. Your father sounds quite sweet to do that for your mother and grandmother." After a few moments she looked up at him and asked, "Would you care to see my place of work?" Shyly she added, "That is... I mean... If you would be interested..." She rarely invited someone to see where she made her arrangements, and it was a surprise even to her that she invited Mahlar.

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:09 pm
Mahlar nodded and beamed with a wide smile. "My father is a truly great and caring stallion. And though I am not with them now I know that he is still giving them flowers every day." He missed doing that for his family, but they also understood his need to travel and learn more about the flowers and other Soquili that lived all around the lands, and in his heart and dreams he brought his mother and grandmother and flower each day as well. Her question made his smile grow just a bit more. "I would be honored if you would show me where you work. Perhaps I can learn a thing or two from you about these arrangements as well." He wasn't sure if he would have the knack with it like she did but it would be great to see where and how she worked and if perhaps she had any flowers that he had yet to come across in his travels. "Lead the way, my lady." He said with a slight bow of his head.

Wasteland Wyvern

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:39 pm
She was quite happy to have someone interested enough to come see her shop but him wanting to learn how she makes them was surprising. Not many had the patience for such an art. "My home and workplace is just over that way, please follow me." She stopped before they had really gotten going and went back for the flower. She wanted to use it in the arrangement she had mentioned to him, and didn't want to forget it. Carefully she snipped the flower with her front teeth and picked it up in her lips, then started walking in the direction of her home.

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:28 am
Mahlar had just started to follow Xiao when she stopped and came back to the tree. He let out a soft chuckle when he say that she had returned to retrieve the flower. He waited for her to carefully extract the flower from the plant and then began to follow her towards her work space. Though there were a few questions he wanted to ask her about her work still he decided to wait until they arrived at their destination and most importantly until she set the flower down. He knew it would be difficult to speak while carrying something delicate like a flower.

Wasteland Wyvern

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:32 am
Xiao smiled carefully around the flower, more a slight raise of the lips than an actual smile when she heard him chuckle. Looking towards the sun she started walking briskly hoping he didn't mind the pace. She tended to bustle places when she got in the mood to.
It didn't take long to reach her little home. The little lean to was sheltered from above by a fairly large redwood tree, surrounded on all sides by gardens that were newly planted with seeds for the coming spring growth, and sat next to a small waterfall that came from a stream far above on a cliff. When she had found this place she couldn't help but make her home here. It was just too perfect and after what she had run from the serenity of it all was just what she had needed.
Walking into the shelter she carefully set the flower on a small piece of shed bark from the redwood. In a few moments once she welcomed Mahlar she would set to work on creating the arrangement. Her two-legged often helped make her a few redwood and birch bark bases to place her arrangements in. She had one birch bark base left and it fit the flower to a tee.
Turning she smiled and said, "Welcome to my home Mahlar."

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:30 pm
He followed her the relatively short distance to her work place. As they came up to it Mahlar slowed his pace so he could get a good, clear look at everything. The scenery was gorgeous. There was water, shelter, everything she could possibly need. It was, for lack of a better word, perfect. He took in the waterfall, listening to the sounds of it. The large redwood and the lean to made a great little place to work and live. And lastly he inspected the patches of dirt, which he guessed would be some form of garden given enough time, it was early spring after all so not all plants have grown or come back from their winter state just yet.

"Wow." He finally managed to say now that he had gotten a good look at the place. "You are one lucky mare to live in a place like this." He couldn't help but take another look around at everything that she had. Yes, it was perfect, maybe even beyond perfect. He stepped closer to the garden areas and looked towards Xiao. "Do you grow flowers as well?" He had always loved the idea of growing flowers but had never tried it himself, tending to pick whatever ones he found in the wild. With a water source close by, good looking soil and plenty of sun this area would be ideal for growing things.

Wasteland Wyvern

She-Ra of Etheria

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:43 pm
Xiao was delighted that he found her place of work to be so nice. It had taken her and her two-legged ages to set it up but in the end it was worth it. Her shelter was not quite the largest but then neither was she. She watched him take a little tour around her garden area and survey the scenery. Quite a few others were surprised at her little paradise too.
"I do indeed grow my own flowers. With the water source so close by it tends to be quite easy." She paused thinking for a moment, "Most of the ones currently planted are fairly common flowers but lovely none the less. Daisy and buttercups on one side, tulips, baby's breath, and gerbera's on the other side. I am quite fond of colorful flowers." She blushed lightly. This was the first time she had given someone a 'tour' of her work shop. She was glad he liked it.

She-Ra of Etheria

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces