Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:02 pm
[ Location: Tavern Bar ]

RavenousDelirium walked. He just walked with slow tears rolling down his cheeks. Walked without knowing or caring where he went, without any specific direction in mind, until he was lost; being lost didn't bother the Royal Grue-phon at all - he didn't even realize it. But even if he had realized it, he still wouldn't have cared because he continued to be troubled by the "dream" he'd had after drinking the glimmering, ever-shifting liquid from the Looking Pool fountain. Over and over again, he felt Nahm dying in his arms...smelled the tang of blood, saw the bubbling froth on his twin's lips as he drew his last.

It had broken something in RavenousDelirium...Wonderland had shown him such horrors and he had conquered them, grown from them, but this...had been too much. So he walked aimlessly, out of the castle, through the Woods, following no trail at all. Maybe with the wandering, the time spent lost, he could come to grips with what he'd seen and experienced.

Eventually a deep thirst overcame him and he realized he needed a drink. Wasn't there a Tavern? He'd heard some of the other creeple talking about it - from mind to magic, Mouth found himself standing in the Tavern instead of the woods. Wood and sawdust crunched under his feet as he made his way to the where the walrus busily was serving drinks. RavenousDelirium inspected the list of available drinks, noted what the currency was and visibly winced.

Jack. Not again. What was with this place and it's obsession with memories!? Whatever, he wanted a drink and he was gonna get one, Jack-dammit. "Frothy Mead."

Mouth leaned against the bar heavily as angry rolled through him, as the memory rolled through. It wasn't an old memory at all, but one that had happened shortly before Wonderland. He had returned home once more, talking with his Grandfather about how all the back and forth-ing had put him far, far behind Nahm in studies, far far behind his other class- and age-mates. The old Grue had dismissed his concerns neatly by saying that the only reason he'd been sent in the first place was because he and his Twin couldn't be bothered to behave - they hadn't been sent to learn...so it didn't matter. That pissed him off royally and he'd railed at the old-man until a sharp back-hand blow had silenced him.

Sometimes, the only way to get through to RavenousDelirium was with violence. Grandad knew this and applied it whenever necessary. The blow(s) had less to do with his anger than the words spoken before and after, than the meaning behind it: shut up and fall in line.

A small memory token appeared in his hand and he pushed it toward the walrus-bar tender to pay for his drink. "Stiff price, I hope the drink is worth it." The frothy mead served to him was a dark, foaming substance that went down cool and smooth. As with almost everything else that he'd ingested so far in Wonderland, it had an almost immediate effect - and one that he could appreciate whole-heartedly: it soothed his battered, weary soul.

"Ah...Oh." Mouth sat at the bar with his drink, tension slowly seeping from his shoulders as for the first time since he'd downed the liquid at the Looking Pool he was able to separate himself from the pain of the 'dream'. If he wanted, he could probably inspect it and even pick at it now without wanting to curl into a tiny ball of misery.

OOC

My character's username: RavenousDelirium (Mouth)
My character's level: 33
Character's HP: 40
Character's Job class: Royal Gryphon
Current party: --
Current Guild: --
Small IC description of character:

Tall, lightly muscled with glowing red eyes and dark grey, mottled skin, RavenousDelirium wears the black and white with gold-trim Royal Gryphon-class set though there are many patches and additional "accents" added to the basic set. His dark hair is long and thick, slightly waved from being pinned out of his face and his overly-wide mouth is rarely given to any emotion beyond scorn or smirk.

Battle Calculator

Character journal: here

Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 pm
"You look sad." Dark★Fang slid onto a stool beside the gryphon, settling himself and flipping his tail out of the way so he wouldn't sit on it. He waved at the bartender, and pointed at the menu board; the walrus drew a mug of dark and foaming liquid, then fixed Fang with an expectant stare.

"Don't TOUCH me," Fang hissed angrily, all the fur on [his] tail bristling, the fuzz on his spine standing on end. The heavy ghost [he] faced off against laughed at [him] and reached again for [his] arm.

Her face went startled as Fang curled [his] lip and snapped at her, then angry as the canid swung a fist. Fang wouldn't get out of this easily, but [he] wasn't about to go down without a fight.

The memory coalesced into a token, and Fang exchanged it for the mead. A shake of his tail smoothed the suddenly-bristling fur, and his ears folded back up as he put the memory away again where it belonged.

Syrie

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm
Mouth watched as the seat next to him was occupied but waited for the guy to get his drink before saying anything in response. "You could say that." With another steadying swallow of the frothy, delicious mead, he turned slightly towards Dark★Fang and gave the boil a once-over, his own tail twitching slightly against his leg.

"This place can be brutal." ... "Good mead though."

Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:05 pm
"Not liking the memories thing very much." Fang's ears angled back unhappily, and he took a drink of his mead. Then he puffed a breath, eyes widening. "That's strong," he said.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm
He snorted, noting the angle of Fang's ears...and then half-smirking at the wide-eyes. "I think it needs to be strong, or we'd all go as insane as this place."

"I'm Mouth, by the way."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:20 pm
"Who says we're not already?" Fang asked, only half joking. He took a careful second sip and rolled the liquid around in his mouth before swallowing it, his eyes slitting as he thought about the taste. Apparently the verdict was good. He swallowed it.

Then he held out his hand. "I'm Fang."  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:53 am
"Good point." It would certainlyfitting if they were actually insane, but he was pretty certain it was just that the dream-world was crazy-pants and they were still in it. He hoped.

Mouth shook Fang's hand firmly, grinning a bit over his mead. "Good to meet you." And yet, they really weren't meeting, were they? WAs this player someone he knew outside of Wonderland? Did it matter?

Not really, kind of. "Some of this place isn't bad - I liked those red velvet cupcakes, but the memories...yeah, those do suck." He was muttering.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:00 am
Fang shook Mouth's hand. His tail thumped once against the stool, friendly. "Good to meet you," he agreed.

"A tree accused me of trying to pick its nose," he said, sounding vaguely offended. "I didn't want to stick my hand in there, I don't know why it thought, ugh."  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 am
He cocked his head toward the other fellow and then snorted again at the mention of the tree. "So, I'm not the only guy that met that tree..." He twitched a bit, tail curling back and forth lazily.

"Y'know...I'm half tempted to go back and raze the damned Woods to ash."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:05 pm
"Half the things in this game are rude." Fang nodded firmly. He paused. "Guess they're programmed to be. But they're still rude. Maybe we could look for the devs."

He took another drink, shaking his head. "It's doing weird things to my thinking," he said mournfully.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:36 pm
Mouth drained half of his remaining mead in one go, wiped foam from his lips and nodded at Fang."More than half, by my experience...unless you don't count attacking monsters as "rude"." Well now, that was a novel thought - what would happen if they managed to seek out and find the devs? Intriguing thought, but he was pretty sure that whomever they were...they weren't going to be easily found.

"Probably be harder to find 'em than a rabbit in a tub of piranhas." He pinched at the bridge of his nose briefly, as though he had a headache just thinking about Wonderland - which, mind you, he kind of did.

"Same here. And I'm not particularly pleased about it, either." Glancing at Fang, Mouth was pretty certain he'd get agreement from his new-found companion; neither of them seemed overly excited about the prospects of this little "game".  
{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games