Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:43 pm
Quote:
User ImageLollys was lucky, really, that Svimmel had been brought to the pride with her. She wasn't wise enough to think it, but there was little doubt in the minds of others that she'd be utterly and totally lost without his presence. Not only did the kind lion do her work, but his own as well; she tended to take him for granted, and truthfully the most difficult thing that was forced upon her was the constant attention paid to her by the males of the pride.

During the moments she had to herself, Lollys enjoyed spending time with other thralls. Rather, she enjoyed pestering them, and today would be no change.

"You're dumb," she spoke rather succinctly to Kardas, who had merely been passing by.

Quote:
User ImageKardas was in no mood to be taken to task by some witless female, and the instant Lollys spoke to him, the sky-colored lion turned to face her. His lips were twisted in a heinous scowl, and it took him a moment to speak.

"Excuse me?"

It was a weak comeback, but he really hadn't been expecting such a random outburst directed at him. He'd seen the female around, nearly always accompanied by a striped male. Thralls, both of them.

Oh, how he hated that word.

"Are you talking to me?"

He ached to bash his paw into her face.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:47 pm
Quote:
User Image"You're dumb. Where are you going? You're colored funny. Like the sky. Are you new here?"

He was probably new here. Lollys watched him intently, like a dog might watch a stranger who had a piece of cheese or a bit of meat on them. An almost hopeful gleam brightened her otherwise dull gaze.

"I'm Lollys. I'm hungry, also, but my name is Lollys. Do you have food? What's your name?"

Lollys flicked an ear in irritation. He wasn't really answering fast enough. Svimmel always told her to mind her manners, but he was dumb too sometimes, though she'd never say as much to his face.

Quote:
User Image"Kardas," he spat out before he really realized he was answering the question she'd asked him. She was an odd one, to be certain, and a hybrid at that. He snorted.

"Why should I care that you're hungry? And if I had food, I'd not share it with you. You've called me stupid, haven't you? If you want something from someone, you'd be wise to remember not to talk ill of them."

He should slap her. He wanted to - the only problem was that he was a thrall as well, and it wasn't like he could pull rank on her.

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:52 pm
Quote:
User ImageIt was Lollys's turn to snort, and she did so with great abandon.

"Well, sorry."

She smiled, an open-maw sort of grin, complete with the empty eyes that indicated she didn't really mean the apology.

"You could go get me food," Lollys suggested slyly, thumping her tail upon the ground. "My feet hurt, so it's hard to walk far. Food is so far, and if you go get me food, then you'll be nice and not dumb, so it makes sense."

It didn't make any sense, except to Lollys. To Lollys, it made perfect sense.

She directed a hopeful look in Kardas's direction.

Quote:
User ImageSometimes it felt so surreal, being in this place, surrounded by the lions he was. This female, well, it was amazing that she'd survived as long as she had, and Kardas had to assume it was only by the grace of the Gods that she had. Well, he amended in silence, the grace of the Gods and that poor striped lion she'd somehow conned into looking after her.

"No. I'm not getting you food. I don't care if your feet hurt."

Why was he still talking to her? Standing there, speaking to her as if they were actually holding conversation that made sense?!

Kardas started walking away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 pm
Quote:
User ImageLollys started following him. Maybe he was going to get food, or maybe he wasn't. Lollys had no way of telling. The only thing Lollys knew to do (which always worked on Svimmel) was to keep complaining.

"Ow. It hurts to walk. Ow. My feet. Oh, ow. Ow."

Maybe she wasn't laying it on thick enough.

"OW. IT REALLY HURTS. OUCH. AH, OW."

He wasn't stopping, so Lollys didn't either.

"It's so mean, you know, that you're making me walk. Ow," she added, just in case he'd forgotten that her feet were hurting her. They weren't really, but it was the best excuse she'd managed to formulate.

Quote:
User ImageKardas really could not be assed to care less. He just couldn't. Quite honestly, he was out of ******** to give. And then she started following him, and the urge to cuff her was growing stronger. So strong, really, that he actually did swing a paw towards her - but it missed, because she was following him by a few paces.

"Don't care. Don't care."

He continued to mutter the words with each step that he took, but Lollys didn't appear to hear him. This was what purgatory was, he could only assume. He was being punished. For what, he wasn't sure; he only hoped it'd been worth it.

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:25 pm
Quote:
User ImageLollys was quickly growing annoyed with Kardas, annoyed in such a monumental way that she wasn't sure what to do or how to handle such an annoyance. He wasn't giving in to her, he wasn't responding to her aside from those soft mutters that she couldn't quite understand.

It was annoying.

Grunting softly to herself, Lollys didn't even realize that he'd tried to thump her. She was too busy complaining even louder about how badly her feet hurt.

"Ow."

No response.

"Ow."

No response.

Grumbling to herself beneath her breath, Lollys spotted Svimmel in the distance. Glancing once more at Kardas, she quickly abandoned ship and bounded over to the lion who always looked after her. Svimmel would have food. He'd baby her feet, too, which almost never really hurt.

Quote:
User ImageWhatever Gods these barbarians followed surely had blessed him. He kept walking, and while the complaints that came from the hybrid were constant, they lessened monumentally in volume. Eventually they stopped, and before Kardas knew it he was alone.

Blessedly alone.

Making a satisfied noise, Kardas made his way to his brother's den. He felt the urge to complain, and loudly, about life as a thrall - and perhaps Skydas would consult with Ruzanski in such a way that would allow Kardas to live the life of a freeborn.

And then he could hit Lollys without worrying about any sort of retribution.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games