10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:46 pm
User Image

Starts: Wednesday March 19th, 7 PM MST
Ends: Monday March 24th, 7 PM MST

These twins seem to have emerged whilst we were all preoccupied leaping into spring! These spunky little fellas snuck into town on the Final Frost, and here they are, ready to find happy homes!

The Final Frost twins were colored by yours truly, with the special addition of CUSTOM wings, done by mindsend, specially for them! =o

Fullsize versions of the twins:

Male Twin
Female Twin

Their wings are modelled after cicada wings, for those who are curious-- and they are one-of-a-kind! =D

Navigation:
-> Post 1: Intro/Welcome
-> Post 2: Rules/Instructions
-> Post 3: Forms for Submission  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:25 pm
As this is a contest, and these guys are special edition and all, please see below for rules/specifications of the contest!

Rules:

1. In order to enter this contest, you MUST pair up with someone else and create a story/tall tale of 'how the twins got their wings'.
-->(To clarify- it has to be a story MADE UP BY THE TWINS, THEY WERE OF COURSE BORN WITH THEIR WINGS!)

2. Also for clarification: THESE MINIS ARE NOT ABLE TO FLY. So no flying in your tall tales, please and thank you! =D

3. This is meant to be kind of silly, so be creative!

4. You are only allowed ONE entry. (As in, you cannot enter with one person, and again with another sorta thing...)

5. You must decide from the get go who will be entering for which twin, and each person must write for the twin they want.
-->(For example, if I was entering for the female twin, I would write as her in the interview)

6. Anyone can enter, no matter how many Soquili they own, but you may not enter if you have already won a Soquili freebie from this event!

7. Entries will ONLY be accepted in interview style. (see example in next post)

8. The 'interview' may be done by another Soquili or familiar, only belonging to the entrant(s). (Do not use other's characters/pets without permission!)

9. If you have any questions, feel free to post in thread, or send a PM to me (Sarei Stargazer)!

10. No whining, and no discouraging others from entering this contest! It is meant to be fun, and anyone caught attempting to make it less so will be warned or disqualified.

11. Winning entries will be selected based on style, personalities, and appeal to judges (humour, creativity, etc.)

12. HAVE FUN! =D  

Sareibear
Crew

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100

Sareibear
Crew

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:27 pm
This post is where you can get the form you're to post for entry, and also an example for you guys, so you can get an idea of how we'd like the entries to be written~

Example:

Interviewer: -insert intro/comment from interviewer directed at the twins-

Pony 1: -insert comment from Pony 1-...
Pony 2: -insert comment from Pony 2-...

Interviewer: BLAHBLAHBLAH...

You don't HAVE to stick to that exact format, basically we are looking for interaction between the ponies, good conversation flow/timing, etc.

Entry Form:

[align=center][size=18][color=hotpink][b]HERE'S A TALL TALE FOR YOU![/size][/color][/b][/align]
[b]Entrant #1:[/b] USERNAME
[b]Entering For:[/b] (male or female)
[b]Name of Soquili:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b]

[b]Entrant #2:[/b] USERNAME
[b]Entering For:[/b] (male or female)
[b]Name of Soquili:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b]

[b]The Story/Interview:[/b] This is where you weave us your story/tale! We want you to be crazy/creative with this, take it in whatever direction you wish (of course, within Gaia and Soquili Shop rules/limitations). Reminder, this is meant to be silly!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:16 pm
Question:

I was looking at pairing with someone to enter for these twins. However, I have entered . . . pretty much all the other events so far. Each person can only enter with one other person. What happens to whoever I enter with if I win in another event?  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Sareibear
Crew

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:19 pm
LydaLynn
Question:

I was looking at pairing with someone to enter for these twins. However, I have entered . . . pretty much all the other events so far. Each person can only enter with one other person. What happens to whoever I enter with if I win in another event?

Sorry for the delay in response!

In the event that you or your partner were to win a soquili in another event, you/they will be allowed to choose a replacement partner that has not yet won something. If you choose a new partner, please revise to have your new partner submit their own work before the end of the contest!

And this is OPEN  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:13 am
HERE'S A TALL TALE FOR YOU!

Entrant #1: Jynk
Entering For: Female
Name of Soquili: Chitter
Temper: Excitable

Entrant #2: ladyfirefox89
Entering For: Male
Name of Soquili: Chatter
Temper: Talkative

The Story/Interview:
The young mare approached the odd pair of usidas curiously, taking in their identical markings and large insect-like wings. "Excuse me, but I couldn't help wondering--"

"How we got our wings?" the male said, perking up with a sly grin. "I saw you looking at them. Everyone asks. It's a really interesting tale. You see, it all started--"

"It all started when we were young," his sister interrupted, speaking over him. "Our mama kept our baskets under the maple tree for safe keeping and all day long, we'd listen to--"

"To the sounds of cicadas singing high up in the trees," the male said, picking up the story. One day, we started to sing back. We sang so sweetly that the Queen of the Cicadas--"

"The Queen! Can you believe it?" the female giggled, grinning at the wandering mare, who just blinked and gave them an incredulous look.

"Um, yes, that's interesting but--" she started before being cut off by the little stallion again.

"Maple trees are the favorites of the Cicada Royalty, you know," he explained. "The trees like them, too, so much so that they made their seed pods resemble the cicadas' wings."

"What does that--" the mare started, only be be interrupted by the sister this time.

"And cicadas love singing, and that's what we did all day long from our baskets, singing along with the cicadas in the maple's branches," she said. "The Queen liked it so much--"

"She liked it so much," the brother said, talking over his sister, "that she decided to make us honorary members of the Cicada Royal Family. She had her subjects shake the boughs of the tree so that all the seed pods fell onto our baskets and--"

"The seed pods are magic!" the sister burst out in a fit of giggles.

The wandering mare arched a brow. "I don't think that's true. Could you--"

"Elaborate?" the male asked. "Absolutely! You see, the cicada singing is so good, it infuses all the maples with magic. Not everyone can be touched by that magic, though. We were because--"

"Because we sang so good," the little mare interrupted. "And the seed pods covered our baskets and the magic came in and it changed us."

"Made us better," the male interjected. "We came out with our cicada wings, as part of the royal family. We still sing."

"Sing all the time," his sister said, nodding. The two looked up at the wandering mare expectantly.

"Well, that is quite the story," she answered, her expression one of quiet admittance that the pair could weave a tale for sure. "But, um... could you answer my actual question? I just need to know where the nearest pond is."  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Entrant #1: Lady Argentum Draconis
Name of Soquili: Tinae
Temper: Distracting

Entrant #2: mewmew kittykat94
Name of Soquili: Dinae
Temper: Devious

The Story/Interview:

The little imp mare paused and looked at the passing set of usdia. Twins by all appearences but that wasn't what struck her so forcefully, it was the large insect wings protruding from their back. She'd of course seen wings like that on larger soquili but never on a pair of ponies like herself. Unable to resist finding out where they'd come from and whether or not there were more like them, she went over smiling politely. "I'm sorry, I hate to interrupt, but I just have to know...how did you come by such remarkable wings?" she said tilting her head to one side.

The female of the pair giggled. "Well it's sort of a long story, but we'll tell you if you want." she took a deep breath. "You see it all started when we were little, there was this meadow close to where our herd lived, and there was a beauitful little valley where all sorts of flowers grew."

The male nodded, smiling. "But that meadow had so much more than flowers in it. Within its depths, there was the most beautiful of mares within, no offense, sis." But he shook his head, glancing back to the mare. "That would be the Princess of the Butterflies."

The mare blinked and started at the pair making sure they were serious. "The Princess of the Butterflies?"

The little winged mare stuck her tongue out at her brother then looked back to the interviewer and nodded forcefully. "Yup! And she had magical powers too! You see every year she'd take this nap, and that would cause fall and winter to happen, and when she felt rested enough, she'd wake up and winter would end and spring would begin. Only one year...she didn't wake up, and the winter kept getting longer and longer, and the food was getting scarcer and scarcer. We didn't know had happen to the princess, until one day a little half frozen bird practically fell on our heads."

The stallion closed his eyes, shivering at the thought. "Practically? Ha, I felt a frozen feather or eight catch me before he hit the ground...Poor little guy was so cold, it was a wonder if he could flap his wings. He was lucky to find us though, especially with how far the rest of the herd was." A serious look crossed his face, looking back to his sister "'The Princess has been captured by the Winter Dragon.' he said, 'You have to save her!' And so we knew what we had to do"

The mare simply nodded letting the twins continue with their tale.

"We knew it would take to long to get help, so we immediately set off to the lair of the dragon."

The mare had to interrupt at that point. "How did you know where the dragon was?"

"Oh everyone in our herd know where the Winter Dragon lived. It was in the mountains which weren't that far away, but in all that ice and snow felt like it took an eternity to get there. Course once we were at the mountains we had to climb up to the tallest peak, because that's where it's cave was. Oh, it was so bitterly cold." she shivered remembering the biting wind.

"I thought we would lose our ear tips or even our noses..." He sidestepped closer to his sister, still remembering that chill himself. "That Winter Dragon must have thought that no one would come to save her, that the climb would be too treacherous, too dangerous for anyone to dare climb to its peak. Was that dragon wrong or what?" Turning his attention back to the inquisitive mare, he continued. "So we climbed and climbed, higher and higher and strugging as the air grew thinner with each few feet. But we never thought of turning back, even as we reached the mouth of the cave. Just think, us two foals, standing before the biggest cave- jagged spikes around the entrance making it seem like it had teeth even!

"It was so scary!" the female of the pair exclaimed. "But inside we went anyway, trying not to trip over all the stuff inside the cave, like armor, and weapons, and gold and jewels. Some of them bigger than our heads!" she nodded vigorously. "Eventually we reached the depths of the cave and peeked over a huge pile of treasure and there he was! All white and glitterly like diamonds, huger than huge and with giant sharp teeth. We were so scared, but we had to rescue the princess. So we crawled back down the pile of treasure and started to come up with a plan. And what a plan!"
The mare tilted her head to the side, her spade tail swaying from side to side in interest. "So what was it?"

The stallion had to smirk as he fluttered his wings in pride. "What a plan indeed. We saw that the dragon couldn't be rushed, it could eat us with a single bite! So first what we needed was a distraction, a decoy of sorts! And that was my lovely sister" The male smiled wide "She's the best singer our herd, and we knew she could catch his attention. While she distracted him, I would go and find the princess! Seemed simple, but considering we were the size of a bug to him... it was a challenge indeed."

The mare nodded in agreement. "So we found some helmets that weren't too big for a little bit of protection and I found a statue of a horse and we pushed out then bundled up in a great big cloak so that the dragon would attack that instead of us when we made a break for the exit. When everything was ready, and my brother was in position to make a run for the princess, I started to sing." she cleared her throat, and began to sing.

"Dreams of green and flowers gold, skys of blue, and breezes warm, return to us spring time, time for things to be renewed..."

She trailed off and shuffled a bit embarressed. "There was more of course, but you get the jist."

The other mare sniffed. "That was lovely. But what happened next?"

"Well, the cave echoed a lot and the dragon couldn't quite figure out where my voice was coming from and it went down off one of the side paths in the cave. This was the chance we were looking for."

"As the song echoed throughtout the cavern, I moved quickly between piles of gold, watching and waiting as the dragon began to shift to find the source.. Slowly but surely, the hulking beast moved, leaving behind a pile of rarities- golds of every hue, countless gems, and a caged princess at the very peak" He sighed ever so lightly, "Even from a distance, the sadness could be seen a mile away. As the dragon moved far enough away, I bolted for her, not even caring about the valuables that I stumbled over. There wasn't even time for words as I reached her, grasping the cage hook with my mouth." He paused to chuckle, "Sliding down that mountain of gold was one of the most fun things I've ever done, even with the danger just looming around a gold pile. I quickly made my way towards the statue and my sister, we needed to get out quickly!"

"And how!The instant I stopped singing to help my brother with the cage, there was a roar from the back of the cave and the ground started to shake and we knew we had to run. So we set off as fast as our little legs would carry us, jumping over piles of treasure, and avoiding ice that was falling from the ceiling. We heard a huge crash and knew the dragon had stopped for a moment at the decoy but had already figured out it wasn't a real horse. As we crossed out of the cave we heard a rumble and the entire mountain seemed to shake, but we didn't didn't look back until we were down the path a bit, and when we did we saw that the entrance to the cave was covered with snow and rocks and ice. The dragon must have gotten so mad he brought down part of his cave on top of him. Well we knew it would take him forever to dig himself out so we started back down the mountain and as we did the weather started to improve just a bit. The snow stopped and it started to feel a little bit warmer."

"Even if we couldn't get her out immediately, just getting her out of it's grasp was thrilling! Thank goodness he was dumb enough to cause that cave in, right sis? But it seemed like every step it became warmer as we made it down the mountain. The Princess didn't speak much, even when we let her out of the cage, but we let her catch a ride to the bottom of the mountain. There were a few moments of nearly falling, but honestly, the trip down was much faster than the trip up. By the time we were off the slopes, it felt so much better than when we left. Shedding our gear, we let the Princess speak. It took a few moments of settling, but she finally spoke."

"'Thank you brave warriors from freeing me from my captor.' is what she said at first." the female half said with a faint smile remembering what the princess had said. "'Thanks to you spring can once again return to these lands.' she motioned to the surrounding area that was already devoid of snow and flowers were already peeking up from the grass, and you could hear the faint chirp of all sorts of insects. It was beyond amazing. Then she spoke again. 'But what reward should I offer to my brave rescuerers?' she asked tilting her head to one side."

"'We don't need a reward' we told her. And we really didn't. 'We're just happy we could rescue you, your highness.' but she shook her head and gave a small smile to us. 'You shall get a reward nonetheless. For your courage and cunning, for your beautiful song, I will grant you both the gift of the summer song weavers.' We tried to tell her that we didn't need anything, but with a smile and a wave of her hoof, it had already begun. One minute we were simple foals, the next we had these!"

The little mare nodded and buzzed her wings. "We thanked the princess for her generosity, and went back home leaving her to work of reviving the lands of their winter colors. At home we were praised as heroes and everyone thanked us for ending the long winter." the little female smiled. "And that's exactly how it happened."

The other female blinked and digested the story the twins had told her. "That is quite the tale, and I'm glad to have heard it.Thank you for sharing it with me." she said with a smile, and glanced down at the watch on her necklace. "But now I really must be going. May you fair well in your travels, Summer Singers." and with that the other mare nodded to them and continued on her way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Entrant #1:Cheyriddle4
Name of Soquili:Flutter-By
Temper:Teasing

Entrant #2: SwordOfTheDarkOnes
Name of Soquili: Flitter-Be
Temper: Fiesty

The Story/Interview:

Six months along and only three more to go. Flint couldn't help but feel a sense of pride as he thinks on the foals he and Flutter will have soon. Oh how wonderful it will be to have children around! A high pitched voice comes from behind him and he turns. His very well rounded mate is there and she is giving him that look. The look that tells him that she is craving something and he will have to get it. Great... how long will he be away this time and what is he searching for?

"Honey, Flint. I need you to get me the roots of the Harper tears plant. I've been dreaming and craving it all week! Please.. For the children. Do this for me?"

Flint looks at his mate eyes wide. Stuttering he blinks at her."The H-harper t-t-tears plant.. t-that the w-wi-witch keeps? We have n-nothing more t-to offer her." They given her most of the things they could bear to part with. What are they to give for payment? He shrinks at the thought of what he must do. Yet his mate gives him the look that he doesn't dare to refuse.

"You will get it. NOW. Stop being such a wuss. I need it! Please." Tears form in her eyes and Flint looks down.

"Okay... I-I'll get it."

Taking a deep breath he turns to face the east. Beyond the valley and through the woods to the valley beneath the waterfall. If he heads out now he will make it by late evening. Dread fills his body as he feels his mate's muzzle against his hindquarters.

"Flint! Go.. Please I need them! The children need them."

Flint sighed as he wandered down the rocky, tree lined path. The male glanced around expecting the trees to move or something...he jumped as a mouse scampered past him. Breathing out before turning to let out an unmanly scream at the sight of the ganly mare before him.

The mare's ears flattened as the stallion before her screamed. Once he was done she blinked a few times before speaking, "What are 'ya? A stallion or a mare?"

Flint tried to bristle, he really did....but failed as he meekly squeaked out, "Stallion."

The witch raised an eyebrow before shaking her head, her raggity mane clumped in dreads across her long neck. Her bony frame was covered by a dark cloak. She huffed, "What be yer task 'ere...." she trailed off with a disbelieving look, "Stallion?"

Flint grimaced, there was no longer living this moment down. He straightened to look her in her beady eyes. Sweat dripped down his neck after about two seconds, "I n-need....*ahem* I need your assistance....ma'am---"

The mare cut in quickly, "Witch."

Flint jumped, "Witch....Witch....I need." He swallowed hard, "I need...I need the plant you grow."

The witch looks at the so called stallion angrily. Her ears pinned back with anger.

"Oh and what can ye offer me?! Ye have nothing! Nothing that I would desire! I won't give ye my precious Harp's tears. I refuse."

Hissing at him, her words are filled with venom. How dare this little stallion dare ask for her plants! The nerve! Considering how this stallion screamed his bloody head off she is quite surprised that he managed to dare ask it of her.

Flint's ears flatten over his head as he takes a step back.

"B-But my mate.. she needs them.. our children need them.."

Scoffing the witch glares at the little stallion before him. Disgust courses through her vein's. Yet an idea comes to mind as she looks at the male. An evil smirk forms upon her lips as a malicious gleam crosses her eyes.

"I'll make ya a deal. Ya answer my riddle correctly ya can have some of my harp's tears. If ya answer incorrectly I curse ya and yer line. Do we have a deal?"

Flint nodded shortly, "Yes ma--Witch!!"

She flicked her ears before speaking, "This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats mountain down."

Flint blinked, "What...uhm....you?"

She blinked, "Flattering...but no. Ready boyo..."

Flint starts to shake as his mind is awhirl with all the possibilities of what the witch will do. Will she make his line barren? Will she curse them to extreme depression? The whites of his eyes shine as with each thought he becomes more fearful.

The witch glances at the blue and purple male before her. His feathery wings stick out. A slight grin crosses her face as her mind settling on a suitable curse. She stomps her hoof against the hard packed ground.

"Blue sky, brown dirt. Ye lost the deal so here's yer curse. Weakest of wings shall be yer fate. Cicada's wings replace. From ye your foals will come to grow. With little wings just like yer own."

Flint's eyes widen as he feels pain in his wings. His skin feels as if it is boiling from the inside out. Something seems to be crawling under his skin. Feathers fall and skin starts to shed. Membrane thins til soon it is the thinnest of wings. Gasping at his wings he cries out in dismay.

"What have I done! My wings! My feathery wings are gone!"

He knows why they are gone and yet he can't help but to mourn the loss. His mind drifts to his children. They are to bear the same fate as he? His poor children! But... is it really true for them? Maybe they might not be born with these wings. With that his mind starts to twist and turn as he falls into the delusion that his children won't be affected by this curse.

Oh was he ever so wrong....his mate stared at the two foals when they were born. giving the stallion a even look; "You just had to be that idiot...didn't you?"

Months later after tell the story above, The stallion sighed as he laid down next to the foals; "And that kids...is why you have insect wings."

The young stallion blinked before jumping to his hooves, "Are you kidding me?!?"

Flutter- by looks over at her brother and rolls her eyes. "Oh hush! It's only you that has a problem with our wings." Grinning she nips her brother playfully.

"Unlike you I don't have the problem of teasing. That's why it is so much better being a girl. I'm sure you can show off your masculinity somehow."

Getting up she goes to nuzzle her father. She doesn't have the time to really dwell on her wings. They are unique like her and they certainly give her reason to tease her brother. She can't help it. He gets so.. frustrated so easily about them. Giggling she makes her way to graze nearby.

Flitter-be nipped at the air where his sister once was, he looked back to his Father and pouted; "For future reference...you are NEVER telling that story to either of our beloveds when we find them....OR any children we have..."

Flint nodded, "Agreed without argument. Now go graze with you sister."

Flitter-be trotted over to his sister and looked at her, "What do we tell others?"

Looking at her brother she shrugs. Heck if she knows. Though she isn't the one that minds the different wings.

" I don't know. Maybe that our father did a gallant deed and saved a young foal from a kalona attack. Then was granted the wings from the gods. Or something else of that nature. Doesn't have to be a curse. It's all in how we view it."

Nuzzling her brother she grins and suddenly bumps into him hard and goes to fall on him when they fall to the ground.

"Either way brother of mine. We will figure something out."

The young stallion blinked, "He lost a race with a Flutter and had to switch wings."

Their Father, who heard him went slack-jawed; "I RESENT THAT CLAIM!!!!!"

Flutter-be smirked, "Yup...he lost a race with a Flutter. Agreed?"

Grinning at her father's reaction a twinkle forms in her eyes.

"Oh yes! We must simply use that. Especially because daddy doesn't like it!"

Giggling she smiles at her father and rolls off her brother.

Cheyriddle4 writing color.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes writing color.

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:58 pm

Entrant #1: NovaCracker
Name of Soquili: Wren
Temper: Michievous

Entrant #2: Redbud-Tree
Name of Soquili: Forte
Temper: Pyrophiliac

The Story/Interview:

For the ease of characterization, Chase is NovaCracker's Soquili whom had the misfortune of meeting these two while out.

Chase: Holy s*** how did you get wings?

Forte: We stole 'em off of a pair of bugs. Glued 'em on with tree sap.

Wren: F***in' magic tree sap. From a magic tree in the woods. It was PANK. And probably sacred. I dunno.

Forte: But the sacred tree caught on fire before we could glue the wings on.

Wren: And then we did a majestic wind and rain dance to summon a Stormgod.

Forte: But we messed up and accidentally pulled a really sexy flame goddess from her date with the stormgod.
Wren: NO! It was a very sexy, sexy lightning God. Very sexy. So sexy our heroine fell in love. *EYES FORTE*

Forte: But at the last moment sis here noticed that sexy lightning god was actually just an illusion, cast by the creature we ACTUALLY summoned.

Wren: TWO sexy lightning gods. Obviously.

Forte: Actually it was a magic weasel pretending to be a lightning god.

Wren: Wait, we're blaming Mimi again? You always blame Mimi.

Chase: ....Uhm.... *The mare wonders what started this. Really.*

Forte: I'm blaming nothing on your imaginary friend. I'm blaming it on the lightning weasel that tried to hit on me, on account of how handsome I am.

Wren: Excuse me I'm the sexy f***er here. Not you. I'm cut from only the finest materials.

Chase: ... Aren't you. Y'know. Twins?

Forte: Well, yeah, but I got the good looks. She spoiled hers by staring at her own reflection too long.

Wren: I think you are mistaking me for you Forte. I'm too busy being ******** majestic and snuggling ferrets.

Chase: ... okay. really?

Forte: It's the snuggling ferrets that stole your looks. And whatever length you used to have to your legs. But anyway, we were telling a story here, not debating who's more awesome - me, by the way - so let's get back to that. Where were we?

Wren: No, it's obviously me, but y'know, keep living the fantasy.

Chase: You were blowing smoke out your butts.

Wren: Different story, that one. Involving Forte. And Mesquite.

Forte: No, that was you. You just thought you were me.

Wren: Like butt I did. Anyhow the god was summoned. But the burning tree pissed them off so we needed a new way to glue our wings on.

Forte: Yeah, the lightning weasel blamed us for the accident with the sacred tree. So we had to take our wings and run for the hills - literally. There were a bunch of hills in that area, and a great shaman lived there.

Wren: Who was beautiful and smart and amazing and totally hated the loser weasel.

Forte: We decided to go to her for help, but we didn't know what we were gettin' into.

Wren: Yeah. Turned out she liked to eat other ponies. I mean how ******** up issat? She wasn't a Kalona either.

Chase: ... oh dear god did you really.

Forte: Yup. But we didn't have much choice - the wings wouldn't last much longer without being attached. So we decided to see if we could bargain with her.

Wren: She was very accommodating. We had the Best Wings in the Universe to save after all.

Chase: ...okay. (What have I done.)

Forte: Yeah, she said we were too small to eat - dunno why, she must have wanted to eat a whole hippogryph or something - so she gave us the task to bring her back dinner in exchange for our wings.

Wren: Now see, me, I was sayin' we should feed some of the jerkasses near our home to the woman. Forte had the best idea ever though.

Forte: Well I figured those jerks would sour her stomach, y'see. They just wouldn't go down well, not even if she followed them up with batwings and rabbits' feet. So I thought we should find her something milder. Maybe even a little cowardly, for that spice of fear.

Wren: Pudgy too. Gotta get flavor. She wanted to cook 'em.

Forte: Yup. Over an open flame. She liked to marinate her meals, too. Y'know, soak 'em in berry juice and stuff first.

Wren: And herbs!

Forte: Yeah. Part of our job was to bring her dinner to her pre-marinated. So we had our work cut out for us.

Wren: For one, we left our berry juice at home... Fermenting.

Chase: .....(What even is going on.)

Forte: Fermented berry juice is the best thing ever. Trust us on this one. For another, the herbs we needed only grew on a mountainside, and could only be harvested three nights a year!

Wren: And only in the light of the full moon. Or we'd piss off a fire wolf that guards the lake... OF DOOOOM.

Chase: (WHY)

Forte: Did we mention the lake was full of snapping turtles?

Wren: And snakes. That spit more snakes.

Forte: And those snakes spat ACID.

Wren: Acid only defended from by Sparkles.

Chase: .....seriously. All I asked was why you had wings.

Wren: .... MAGIC LEPRECHAUNS. Anyhow as I was saying....

Forte: So first, we had to get the sparkles!

Wren: Special rare sparkles.

Chase: ..... Did you get this pony or not.

Wren: Yeah. It got awkward.

Forte: Really, really awkward. It involved doing a stomp dance over a creek full of hungry alligators.

Chase: ....

Wren: A mighty stomp dance. We could show you.

Forte: Yeah, it'd only take a second.

Chase: (Why did I ask these two again? WHY DID I ASK?)

Forte: So, you wanna see the stomp dance?

Chaser: Sure...?

Wren: OK so first you spin in circles!

Forte: Then you bounce - from left to right, not right to left. All four hooves off the ground.

Wren: And then you stomp four times and wink at your sexy reflection.

Forte: If you don't have a sexy reflection, you're cursed. So.... be careful who you teach it to, a'ight?

Chase: A'ight... How does this get sparkles.

Wren: Well if done right you make them yourself out of how f***ing amazing you are. Fail and you die a horrible death by flames.

Forte: Obviously, we didn't fail.

Wren: We're too fabulous to fail. You? Fifty fifty.

Chase: .... Anyhow so this shaman glued the wings on?

Wren: HA HA HA- no. She ended up smitten with the dude we hauled back. Something about the sparkles we used I 'unno. Shamans are magic.

Chase: I thought it was a skinwa-

Wren: HA HA HA kalona.

Forte: You think there's a skinwalker shaman? You nuts?

Chase: .... Dude, YOU mentioned Cannibals.

Wren: KALONA DUDE. KALONA EAT UNPREPARED PONIES. Anyhow she was more into this dude than not so it was like. 'Glue?' 'Nnno.'

Forte: They started kissin' on each other right then and there.

Wren: Yeah. So we sorta had to leave to save the super bestest wings in the universe from decay and pony snog. So we're both rightfully pissed off, right? And then. Well. Y'know.

Forte: I tackled the shaman. Ran right up and jumped on her back. Boy did that piss her off.

Wren: Because you're a dumbass. So we had to run like hell to the nearest stream so we wouldn't be found.

Forte: Streams hide you if you ask nicely. But the shaman had some tricks and she cornered us, right by the water. I tried to get her to eat Sis first, cause, y'know, more there.

Wren: Excuse you? I'm not fat you A***.

Forte: *shoves his face over his sister's mouth* Hush now, c'mon. Don't interrupt the story with comments like that.

Wren: YOU CALLED ME FAT. Anyhow, I punted the whale here to the shaman, cause, yanno. Whale.

Forte: But she said I was too handsome of a specimen to eat, and anyway she owed us for bringing her - and I quote - 'sexy hunk of stallion' earlier. No accountin' for taste I suppose.

Wren: Yeah, really. So she got a hot pot boilin' right? Sap.

Chase: ... (Finally)

Wren: And she ran outta sap.

Forte: But it was fine, y'know, cause she took a look at us and asked why the hell we wanted to glue extra wings on our back when we already had better!

Chase: ...Better.

Wren: YUP.

Forte: We already had PERFECTION, y'see. So why improve on that?

Chase: ....(Are they kidding me.)

Wren: We had to explain the wings only make it so we aren't drowned in sexy, sexy stallions. And I guess a mare or two.

Forte: Yeah; they ward off the dumb ones, and send out a signal for all the smart and sexy ones that here's perfection. Ain't it great?

Chase: ....okay sure.

Wren: And that's why we have 'em. Cause we're perfect and amazing. Obviously.

Forte: Now do you get it?

Chase: Yup. So... You been eating weird flowers, or...

Forte: Nah, that was last week.

Chase: ..... Yeeeaaah.

Forte: So, any more questions?

Chase: Just one. Are you two insane?

Wren: ..... F*** YOU!

Forte: You listened to all that, and you're questioning our sanity? I think you should take a look in the nearest pond already.

Chase: I can sit on you.

Forte: .... This is where we leave, move it sis!

NovaCracker won a pony so we're no longer eligible. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:07 pm
I won a soquili so I am no longer eligible. Thank you though smile

Entrant #1: CheshireKttty
Name of Soquili: Indra - (god of rain and thunder)
Temper: Ebullient

Entrant #2: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Name of Soquili: Raiden - (Thunder and Lightning)
Temper: Dramatic

The Story/Interview:

Alma: I'm Alma. And...this is an interview? Honestly I don't know why I'm doing this. I don't even really care. I don't even know what I'm supposed to ask...

Raiden: I'm Raiden and this is--

Indra: Indra of course!

Raiden: And we're going to tell you how we got our wings.

Alma: Yo-

Raiden: It all started when we were little. We were stolen by leprechauns, all very above board. I mean they were little and green. Well, one nig-

Indra: Yes! One night we were just minding our own business and the little buggers came out of no where! We'd hardly had any time to-

Raiden: To hide our flowers. You know how leprachuns love flowers, almost as much as their gold.

Alma: I di--

Raiden: Well there was this mouse, daring. Really daring and he came to save us. Wait, no that's when the kalonas forced us to cook their meat. Where were we?

Indra: In some swamp someplace. If it wasn't for that bear we might not have made it out alive. Those kalona were something fierce! Do you remember their leader? The one without an eye? I think he secretly might have been a pirate!

Raiden: He was definitely a pirate, but he wasn't a kalona. Did you see the way he swam? I never did understand why kalonas would have a kelpi leader. Just doesn't make sense, but then they did that weird thing and it made the bear crazy. The--

Alma turns around and walks out, unbeknownst to the siblings.

Indra: That bear was so mad! It turned so red I swear I saw it explode! Good thing we weren't too close to it at that point. But even that wasn't nearly as bad as the-

Raiden: Ulun'suti with the hair problem. I mean, he just loved his hair and when flying bits of exploding bear saved us from the kalona. No, wait it was the fierce ceryeni herd. I'm sure they wanted to enslave us or something. They kept talking about weird things like "nature" and "being at one".

Indra: I'm pretty sure something they fed us made me quite sick. Never trust a ceryeni with herbs. The worst were those little blue flowers. I don't understand how ANYONE could eat those. Of course thankfully we-

Raiden: Were rescued by the merponies. I swear, it must have been a miracle. I mean they just dragged themselves onto land with their front hooves, great jaws scraping and yowling. Then they tried to drag us underwater with them. Of course, we can't swim. I mean look at these wings? Are you looking at them? They're not meant to be wet. So they were trying to drown us, I jus--

Indra: Turned and bit the first one on the nose. You should have heard the cry it let out! Luckily the shock seemed to distract the one pulling me under and we were able to escape. That is, until those two sea turtles-

Raiden: Used hair they'd weaved from drowned villagers to tie us up. I mean, they didn't admit it...but it was SO obvious. That's when Indra--

Indra: flattered their leader. A few sweet words and a couple of blushes and we were out of there in no time! That was a good thing too! We only narrowly missed th-

Raiden: The big hailstorm. Crushed their poor little shells. I'd have felt sorry for them if they hadn't been so mean. They did really good wigs though. We got this unicorn a nice weave, she was super happy with it, so happy in fact that--

Indra: She gave us these lovely wings! I mean, don't you just love them? Of course we did have a bit of a time getting home after all of that.

Raiden: But they're just lovely aren't they? I mean, everyone was envious. They were so the rage.. It was so-- Wait, did she leave? Seriously? How rude. Isn't it ru-

Indra: Very rude! Who just walks off after asking us a question like that? I mean she was the one who wanted to know about our wings after all!

---please note how much of liars they are since they mentioned already having the wings in the story, but they kept on telling it anyways XD---

Nyx Queen of Darkness writing color
CheshireKttty writing color

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Entrant #1: ~Twilight...Angel~
Name of Soquili: Dragonfly
Temper: Puckish

Entrant #2: kaliskanny
Name of Soquili: Damselfly
Temper: Impish

The Story/Interview:

Dagrun had been watching the pair for awhile. They looked like they could be siblings, possibly twins, and they seemed to be having fun chasing the little insects that zipped around the edge of the pond. They were funny to watch, but the hippo'suti lore keeper was more interested in the large wings on their backs. She had to know the story there...she'd never seen such a sight. Pushing out through the bushes to make herself known, she cleared her throat to catch the twins' attention.
"Excuse me...I have to know about your wings. I don't mean to be rude, but I collect stories and keep them for future generations. In all my travels, I have never seen anyone quite like you two. How did you get wings like that?"

Dragonfly looked up at the large mare. He was a bit taken aback by her sudden appearence, but rebounded quickly from it. Smirking and looking over his shoulder at his sister.
"You would like to hear our long tale about our darling wings? I warn you that it's probably not much to hear."
He looked down, giving her a coy look.

"Truth told, it isn't that special," Damselfly batted her eyes innocently, then glanced at her brother. "It's a very long tale, but boring..."

The largermare shook her head, "Every tale is worth telling, if there is knoweldge to be gained."

Instantly the small stallion bounded up to the large mare, excited about the story telling that was to commence.
"Alright! If you insist! Would you like to start dear sister of mine?"

"Well, it all started on a day like this, but it was just as the frost was settling. We were much larger then. About your size," the little mare smiled brightly, nodding. "We were playing chase and enjoying the chill in the air. We didn't mean to be loud...honest..."

He nodded a bit toward his sister, listening intently. Wanting to be sure to jump in when he was needed.
"We loved being such a large horse much better than we are now... But I guess we can fit in more places now, right sis!"
He looked at her gleefully.
"But anyway, there was a particular resident of the area that didn't seem to like our playing..."

"Right...she was this mean ol' kalona mare. Big and black, with large twisty horns...and one dead eye...." Damselfly closed her left eyes and bulged her right out slightly to give a reference to the description. "She said we woke her from her beauty sleep. We apologized for waking her....cause she totally needed it. We told her we were really sorry she was ugly..."

Dragonfly nodded in agreement.
"We appoligized as sincerly as we were able for her being so ugly too. But we can only appoligized so hard for something that isn't our fault in the first place."
He looked at the large mare with the biggest frown he could muster.

"Then that ol' bitty...she said we should learn some manners and she was gonna curse us! We would get smaller and smaller unless we did something about it," the tiny mare pouted, stamping a tiny hoof. She huffed and flicked her wings. "We thought she was full of it at first...but then, the next day we were a little shorter, and our wings were a little larger. So...we could only do one thing..."

"We had to find the beautiful and wise Fairy Queen! We knew that she had to be able to help us."
He flitted his wings in turn and looked down at the ground.
"We never imagined it would take us as long as it had!"
He then looked back up at the large mare.
"Though we are not going to go into full detail on this part. It would take FAR too long. So we'll sort of... abbreviate this next part."
He smiled at his sister.

Damselfly nodded knowingly at her brother.

The hippo'suti looking between them.
"What sort of journey? Where did it lead you?" Dagrun asked, her curiosity piqued.

The smaller mare looked at her in sudden alarm, "No! It's such a long tale...well, alright. We headed to the mountains, we'd heard the Fairy Queen liked the cold. Every day we treked, every day we got smaller and smaller - our wings getting larger and larger..."

Dragonfly nodded in slow agreement to his sisters story.
"The whole journey took almost a fort night. We didn't shrink much each day, but still enough to worry us. We didn't want to end up being bugs after all!"
He looked up into the sky thoughtfully.
"The trek up that mountain took us the most time too..."

"It was so cold our wings started to lose their color," Damselfly chimed in, flexing her wings to emphasize her point. "They used to be more vibrant than this."

Dagrun nodded, taking it in with intrigue. "And all this time you kept shrinking? What magic was this I wonder. Please continue..."

"Well, it's like my brother said. It took almost a fort night to make it to where the Fairy Queen was supposed to be. When we arrived, no one was there. We started to worry that we were in the wrong place."
The small mare bit on her lower lip and glanced at her brother.

Dragonfly nodded intensely.
"We couldn't believe we might have been at the wrong place! So many had told us that the Great Beautiful Fairy Queen was there too..." He looked down solemnly.
"It's too bad we never did get to meet her."
He looked at his sister, a sly smile dancing across his lips.

"Why is it that she wasn't there? Had she moved ot were the directions wrong?"
The larger mare's feathered mane bristled slight, obviously curious to hear how this would end.

Damselfly laughed out loud, "Because she never existed silly! We were born this way. There wasn't an evil witch Kalona or anything! We were just having you on."

Dragonfly laughed right along with his sister.
"And you went right along with our story too!"

Dagrun blinked, stepping back. It had been a trick? Just a fantastical story made up by these two tricksters? She stood there starng dumbfounded as the twins laughed, hopping and skipping off into the underbrush. The lorekeeper couldn't believe she had been bamboozled by what she thought might have been a new breed...

Dagrun
Dragonfly
Damselfly  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Entrant #1: Theidren
Name of Soquili: Charlotte “Lottie”
Temper: Jubilant

Entrant #2: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Name of Soquili: Dominic "Dom"
Temper: Dramatic

The Story/Interview:

Alma: I'm Alma. And...this is an interview? Honestly I don't know why I'm doing this. I don't even really care. I don't even know what I'm supposed to ask...

Dominic: I'm Dominic and this is--

Lottie: CHARLOTTE!....or just Lottie, yea.. you can call me Lottie

Dominic: And we're going to tell you how we got our wings.

Alma: Yo-

Dominic: It all started when we were little. We were stolen by leprechauns, all very above board. I mean they were little and green. Well, one nig-

Lottie: YUP YUP! One night we were just out and about trrrrying to talk this seathie we know into umm….oh…we aren’t supposed to talk about that SHHHH!

Dominic: To hide our flowers. You know how leprachuns love flowers, almost as much as their gold.

Alma: I di--

Dominic: Well there was this mouse, daring. Really daring and he came to save us. Wait, no that's when the kalonas forced us to cook their meat. Where were we?

Lottie: On that big big mountain! You know the one that looks like the nose of that cooky shaman in that one village—oh! Yea! The kalonas..so scary! I’m fairly certain they are secretly pirates.

Dominic: He was definitely a pirate, but he wasn't a kalona. Did you see the way he swam? I never did understand why kalonas would have a kelpi leader. Just doesn't make sense, but then they did that weird thing and it made the bear crazy. The--

Alma turns around and walks out, unbeknownst to the siblings.

Lottie: Do you know what a pirates favorite letter is?!?! RRR…get it? Oh Oh! The bear right! I’ve never seen a Ursidae sooo grumpy. Someone needs to hibernate more sheesh. Really the craziest part was the-

Dominic: Ulun'suti with the hair problem. I mean, he just loved his hair and when flying bits of exploding bear saved us from the kalona. No, wait it was the fierce ceryeni herd. I'm sure they wanted to enslave us or something. They kept talking about weird things like "nature" and "being at one".

Lottie: ONE OF US….ONE OF US * clomps around her brother* It was just freaky!....maybe they were zombie ceryeni anyways…that is when we-

Dominic: Were rescued by the merponies. I swear, it must have been a miracle. I mean they just dragged themselves onto land with their front hooves, great jaws scraping and yowling. Then they tried to drag us underwater with them. Of course, we can't swim. I mean look at these wings? Are you looking at them? They're not meant to be wet. So they were trying to drown us, I jus--

Lottie: Booped that one on the nose.! WHAMPOW! You should have heard it cry like a scaredy foal! My quick ninja skills distracted them so we got away. That is, until those two sea turtles-

Dominic: Used hair they'd weaved from drowned villagers to tie us up. I mean, they didn't admit it...but it was SO obvious. That's when Lottie--

Lottie: I sweet talked that silly leader of theirs! It was easy peasy to do it really, and thankfully too because we missed the-

Dominic: The big hailstorm. Crushed their poor little shells. I'd have felt sorry for them if they hadn't been so mean. They did really good wigs though. We got this unicorn a nice weave, she was super happy with it, so happy in fact that--

Lottie: She traded us for these awesome wings! I mean they are juuust the right color and size. I like Unicorn’s…they are they best!

Dominic: But they're just lovely aren't they? I mean, everyone was envious. They were so the rage.. It was so-- Wait, did she leave? Seriously? How rude. Isn't it ru-

Lottie: So so rude!! I mean she IS the one who wanted to know the story!

If you look closely, he talks about the wings they're not even suppose to have yet.

Since Chesh won about an hour ago, Theidren subbed in and completely rewrote the girl's part (we asked staff how much had to be done, and that's what what we were told. Thanks!

Nyx Queen of Darkness writing color
Theidren writing color

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Entrant #1: o-Elixir-o
Name of Soquili: Peppita Fluttertails
Temper: Ditzy

Entrant #2: -MoomoolatteCha-
Name of Soquili: Pip Fluttertails
Temper: Peppy

The Story/Interview:

A very fashionable mare approached a two very fetching pair of usida twins who happen to be sporting some very unique set of wings “Hello! Pardon my interruption but I couldn’t help but notice those wings.”

“Oh these old things?” giggled Peppita.

“Aren’t they just fabulous?” Pip added as he confidently tossed his hair and wiggled himself.

“That they are! So are they real?”

Pip just let out a cough “Are the real? Honey do we look cheap to you?” he snapped.

The mare lowered her head to get a closer look “So did your parents have wings too?” she asked.

Peppita shook her head “Nope. Momma is a bit superficial you see so she made a wish at the wishing star hoping for offspring that’ll be the talk of the town.”

“You don’t say? I’ve heard of such miracles when it comes to the wishing star.”

“Boy, did momma have some explaining to do when we popped out. Sometimes daddy accuses her of cheating up until this day since –well you see none of us act much like our father.” Peppita continued on.

"Pfft. I don't see what the trouble is. It seriously makes us so much more better then what we were. Perrrrfect!" Pip added.

“I see. Well I just got to say this before I leave! You two are the most stunning set of twins I’ve ever laid my eyes on.”

“Of course we are!” the both said in sync.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm
The contest is now closed! I'll need a bit to read/confer with my assistant judge(s), but winners should be announced some time later tonight! =D

Thanks everyone who entered! heart

Sareibear
Crew

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100

Sareibear
Crew

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 pm
~Twilight...Angel~

Entrant #1: ~Twilight...Angel~
Name of Soquili: Dragonfly
Temper: Puckish

Entrant #2: kaliskanny
Name of Soquili: Damselfly
Temper: Impish

The Story/Interview:

Dagrun had been watching the pair for awhile. They looked like they could be siblings, possibly twins, and they seemed to be having fun chasing the little insects that zipped around the edge of the pond. They were funny to watch, but the hippo'suti lore keeper was more interested in the large wings on their backs. She had to know the story there...she'd never seen such a sight. Pushing out through the bushes to make herself known, she cleared her throat to catch the twins' attention.
"Excuse me...I have to know about your wings. I don't mean to be rude, but I collect stories and keep them for future generations. In all my travels, I have never seen anyone quite like you two. How did you get wings like that?"

Dragonfly looked up at the large mare. He was a bit taken aback by her sudden appearence, but rebounded quickly from it. Smirking and looking over his shoulder at his sister.
"You would like to hear our long tale about our darling wings? I warn you that it's probably not much to hear."
He looked down, giving her a coy look.

"Truth told, it isn't that special," Damselfly batted her eyes innocently, then glanced at her brother. "It's a very long tale, but boring..."

The largermare shook her head, "Every tale is worth telling, if there is knoweldge to be gained."

Instantly the small stallion bounded up to the large mare, excited about the story telling that was to commence.
"Alright! If you insist! Would you like to start dear sister of mine?"

"Well, it all started on a day like this, but it was just as the frost was settling. We were much larger then. About your size," the little mare smiled brightly, nodding. "We were playing chase and enjoying the chill in the air. We didn't mean to be loud...honest..."

He nodded a bit toward his sister, listening intently. Wanting to be sure to jump in when he was needed.
"We loved being such a large horse much better than we are now... But I guess we can fit in more places now, right sis!"
He looked at her gleefully.
"But anyway, there was a particular resident of the area that didn't seem to like our playing..."

"Right...she was this mean ol' kalona mare. Big and black, with large twisty horns...and one dead eye...." Damselfly closed her left eyes and bulged her right out slightly to give a reference to the description. "She said we woke her from her beauty sleep. We apologized for waking her....cause she totally needed it. We told her we were really sorry she was ugly..."

Dragonfly nodded in agreement.
"We appoligized as sincerly as we were able for her being so ugly too. But we can only appoligized so hard for something that isn't our fault in the first place."
He looked at the large mare with the biggest frown he could muster.

"Then that ol' bitty...she said we should learn some manners and she was gonna curse us! We would get smaller and smaller unless we did something about it," the tiny mare pouted, stamping a tiny hoof. She huffed and flicked her wings. "We thought she was full of it at first...but then, the next day we were a little shorter, and our wings were a little larger. So...we could only do one thing..."

"We had to find the beautiful and wise Fairy Queen! We knew that she had to be able to help us."
He flitted his wings in turn and looked down at the ground.
"We never imagined it would take us as long as it had!"
He then looked back up at the large mare.
"Though we are not going to go into full detail on this part. It would take FAR too long. So we'll sort of... abbreviate this next part."
He smiled at his sister.

Damselfly nodded knowingly at her brother.

The hippo'suti looking between them.
"What sort of journey? Where did it lead you?" Dagrun asked, her curiosity piqued.

The smaller mare looked at her in sudden alarm, "No! It's such a long tale...well, alright. We headed to the mountains, we'd heard the Fairy Queen liked the cold. Every day we treked, every day we got smaller and smaller - our wings getting larger and larger..."

Dragonfly nodded in slow agreement to his sisters story.
"The whole journey took almost a fort night. We didn't shrink much each day, but still enough to worry us. We didn't want to end up being bugs after all!"
He looked up into the sky thoughtfully.
"The trek up that mountain took us the most time too..."

"It was so cold our wings started to lose their color," Damselfly chimed in, flexing her wings to emphasize her point. "They used to be more vibrant than this."

Dagrun nodded, taking it in with intrigue. "And all this time you kept shrinking? What magic was this I wonder. Please continue..."

"Well, it's like my brother said. It took almost a fort night to make it to where the Fairy Queen was supposed to be. When we arrived, no one was there. We started to worry that we were in the wrong place."
The small mare bit on her lower lip and glanced at her brother.

Dragonfly nodded intensely.
"We couldn't believe we might have been at the wrong place! So many had told us that the Great Beautiful Fairy Queen was there too..." He looked down solemnly.
"It's too bad we never did get to meet her."
He looked at his sister, a sly smile dancing across his lips.

"Why is it that she wasn't there? Had she moved ot were the directions wrong?"
The larger mare's feathered mane bristled slight, obviously curious to hear how this would end.

Damselfly laughed out loud, "Because she never existed silly! We were born this way. There wasn't an evil witch Kalona or anything! We were just having you on."

Dragonfly laughed right along with his sister.
"And you went right along with our story too!"

Dagrun blinked, stepping back. It had been a trick? Just a fantastical story made up by these two tricksters? She stood there starng dumbfounded as the twins laughed, hopping and skipping off into the underbrush. The lorekeeper couldn't believe she had been bamboozled by what she thought might have been a new breed...

Dagrun
Dragonfly
Damselfly

kaliskanny

Sorry for the delay in response/decision of winners, we got some bad news from bf's family last night so I went offline!

Anyways, after deliberation, I have chosen this entry as the winner! It came close between a couple, but this was the one that stood out as my favourite. So, congrats guys, and I look forward to seeing what you do with the twins! =3

Thanks again to everyone who entered, you have no idea how thrilled I am by all the entries, and I'm so so so looking forward to my next contest!

You guys rock! =D

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces