Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Singing's for the Birds [Amarus & Akubi] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:54 am
Amarus couldn't hear her breath, or feel the ground beneath her feet. Dead, spindly trees went whipping by her peripherals, and snaking through each of them: a little black shadow with white glowing. She didn't hear her breath, because she had none unless she willed it; she couldn't feel the ground, because she never touched down, unless she was in incredible distress. She was a ghost. She always had been, as far as she could recall, and that tormented her to no end. "Not fast enough, Malachi," she whispered, with a smile. She could only tell him to stay home so many times before he just disobeyed her altogether, followed her on her morning routine.

He followed her pretty much every morning.

She hummed lightly to herself, under her breath, and enjoyed the way her voice slipped into the quiet calm of an empty-ish campus grounds. She also felt a little predatory, the way she let Malachi keep just ahead of her.

She wanted to dart into the trees, and snag him, scoop him up into her arms and pet his black, soft fur. However, she ignored that impulse, and continued her run; as she approached the school again, her voice died in her throat. It had risen to a song, to a very audible volume, and she couldn't remember where she'd heard the words or why they were familiar, but they were:

All that's strong inside us
That tells us wrong from right
Becomes a song inside us
To chase away the night

She just assumed no one was around to hear, as she bent down on one knee and scooped Malachi into her arms as he approached.

Pales

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:31 am
Akubi had been resting upon a branch within the trees, currently in humanoid form. The tail end of his noose and a singular arm draped off of the branch and the only thing that caused him to stir at all was a barely heard whisper and soon that whisper was followed by song. His cat ears twitched and an eye opened lazily as he stared down at the figure below.

A new toy? A new friend?

A new toyfriend?

Akubi yawned widely and then continued to watch for a brief second or two before he eventually made his way down via just letting himself fall - mostly because the branch decided to break from under him just then.

Oops.

"OOF," Akubi cried out as he landed - at least the branch he had been on wasn't super high, but that didn't mean he wasn't breathless from having the wind knocked out of him.

Face your demons

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 am
Amarus released Malachi, who bounded off back towards their dorm room, as the stranger fell nearby.

"Did you grow on a tree? Do cats grow on trees? Are you a cat, in the end?" she asked, tilting her head in curiosity, bells chiming. Amarus even went so far as to reach a hand out to help him up. An action hitherto rarely heard of from the unpleasant ghoul.

Well, this was certainly exciting. As if the sky had gifted her someone who might be entertaining. She'd bite: who was this stranger?

Pales

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:45 am
After he managed to catch onto some form of breathing again, Akubi reached up and grasped her hand. He pulled himself up with her assistance while he answered her question(s), "No I didn't grow on a tree," he said with a bit of a lackadaisical grin. "But one might say trees are grown for a cat~," he had a bit of a purr to his tone. So far this one seemed alright.

"Ah. I heard your singing and it was quite delightful, at least it didn't make me wish to rip off my ears," Akubi wasn't always the best at compliments. "I am Akubi. A ... uhh .. demon of sorts."

Face your demons

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am
Amarus smiled at Akubi as if she had found him in a snare, the instant he took her hand. She helped him up without trouble, though. "Trees might disagree with you," she said, thinking of her carnivorous narcotic plants. "I doubt that trees would be receptive to my experiments, though," she muttered, mostly to herself. "They grow too slowly. So maybe you are right. Trees are for cats."

Only three students had ever heard her sing, because it made her feel fairly vulnerable, so it was probably one of the highest compliments her voice had received in general. "Of sorts? What sort might that be?" she asked, reaching one hand up to her own neck and tugging on an invisible rope, as if to rudely ask why the neck jewelry.

Pales

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:12 am
"If trees disagree then they should learn to speak!" Akubi proclaimed with a bit more volume to his tone as if trying to encourage the tree to speak up on their own behalf. Eventually the catboil made his way onto his feet. "Then again maybe actions speak louder than words since they let me fall.." He tapped his chin thoughtfully - not quite catching on to what the ghoul meant about her experiments.

Akubi sort of swayed on his feet, "I am a demon of.. unlucky proportions it seems. Though the events are usually minor if anything. Sometimes they happen to me... sometimes to a friend or an enemy," he just continued to grin as if none of this bothered him - likely it didn't.

"It can be pretty delightful if you stop and enjoy the occasional irony of it sometimes!"

Face your demons

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:41 am
"Maybe they can speak, and you're just not listening," Amarus replied, pressing one cheek to a tree as if she was listening to it, her mouth quirking in a smile. "See? You can tell they hate you," she teased, gesturing at the ground.

"So just to be around you might mean bad luck?" she asked, wrinkling her nose. She reached up and tugged on the tear-drop crystal at her throat. "I'm not sure I like irony, but I am not terribly afraid of bad luck."

She paused, tapping a finger to her lips. "Have I told you who I am? Probably not," she said, honestly unable to remember. "I am Amarus, Lotus Eater."

"Perhaps we can be friends, and I can see what this bad luck is all about. Or enemies, if you would rather, though I have enough of those."

Pales

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:54 pm
"I shall let you know the first moment I get a talent for plantspeech and planthearing," he assured the ghoul with a small smirk. On the whole he didn't seem at all bothered by what she said or did.

The catboil's ears flicked a little bit as continued to sway on his feet with no real purpose other than because he could, "It is good that you do not fear it, it is bound to happen to everyone whether they want it to or not, nyeheh."

When she introduced herself Akubi made a bit of a bow, "pleased to have met you, new friend~," he grinned lightly.

"I do not make a habit of collecting enemies, to be honest. My attitude makes enemies enough for at least three of me," he said with a bit of a purr accenting his words after he spoke.

Face your demons

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:26 am
Pales

Amarus was trying to resist the urge to sway with him, but it was evident in her posture she was losing this fight. "Please do," she said, nodding, her smile growing.

"What bad luck could you possibly have that is worse than what we have ourselves?" she wondered. Not as though she wanted to discredit his claim, but rather she was curious at the sheer horridness such a curse would bring. All she could think of was the destruction of her plants, or her aviary, or the loss of her birds.

She hoped none of those three things would happen, but suddenly, a part of her that she would never cop to felt scared.

"Good, I'd rather a friend out of you," she said, reaching forward as if she was about to tug on his hair and changing her mind, curling her fingers back and smiling. She shook her head, bells ringing. Why was she about to do that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm
"I must confess, I am not sure what affects my presence incurs versus the normal average bad luck," he said with a bit of a thoughtful gaze toward the sky, his ears tilted back for a brief moment or two. Akubi looked at Amarus once more and just shrugged, "Not really worth worrying over, or is it?"

The reach was not missed by him and when she shied away from whatever act she was about to perform he just laughed, "So shy? I meet quite a few shy ghouls around these parts. I do not see why, it is not I expect them to fall in love with me, even though I am a rather dashing feline gentlemen. Nyehehehe," the smug look on his face was hard to miss.

He shifted a shoulder, "Would you like to join me in a search for consumables?"

Face your demons

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 am
Over the years, it was like watching colour bleed into a black and white film: life had returned to Amarus, as though she was regaining pieces of herself that had been discarded. A sense of mischief had always been at her core, but before it had been obscured by an even stronger desire to fight.

"I suppose, only I have just come to realize there are things precious to me which I would prefer remained unharmed," she said, tapping one pale finger to her cheek, thinking. She smiled, though, as if to signify she had no interest in avoiding him despite that.

Amarus actually laughed, at that. "Fall in love!" she managed, between stolen breaths. She shook her head, bells ringing, and calmed herself down. "Akubi, if only you knew what I was like-- I do not think anyone would even consider that as a possibility for me," she said, "I was always too in love with myself."

"But yes, I would like to join you, though I wonder what it is you consider consumable?"

This time, when she reached out to tug on his hair, she let herself finish the gesture.

Pales
unf RP with you heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm
Akubi didn't truly think of himself as a ghoul (or boil) magnet and thus having Amarus laugh at his expense barely dented his self-esteem. He knew he was awesome and wonderful and there was nothing she could say or do to change that and instead he just let out an amused sort of laugh and shook his head, "In love enough with yourself to at least keep yourself in one peace which I can respect," he replied, his grin was unwavering. "Either way~, it is alright to not admit that I am a stunning specimen right away. I may get too egotistical if you did."

Perhaps he was already too egotistical.

The question on what he thought was consumable he just sort of let out a soft humming sound and then responded, "Anything that doesn't eat me first, Kitten. I like myself some various cuisines. Are you in the mood for something in particular? I am glad to defer to you if you have a .. choosier pallet."

Face your demons
<3 glad you enjoy rping with meeeeeeee. Means a lot.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 am
It would have been a lie to say that she had never loved anyone but herself, she knew as much now. Her locked memories recovered, her razed ones restored, she knew that she had once had love. Discarded or lost, one way or another it was gone as far as she knew. At least Akubi wasn't offended when she burst into laughter; it was hardly a reflection on him, and rather that she had gone all this time believing that no one would ever even think she was capable of such a feeling.

"Oh, I don't know about one piece, Akubi. Who knows how many times I will pull myself apart?" she said, with a smile. Amarus shook her head, smiling still, as Akubi said he might get too egotistical.

At least he was funny. She liked that.

Kitten? Amarus smiled, lopsidedly, looking off into the distance. She was thinking not so much about food, but about how a term of endearment was kind of nice, even if she was hardly kitten-like. "Anything, I think-- so long as it's not tea. It tastes like warm leaves to me, no matter how I try to enjoy it," she said.

Pales

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:24 pm
"One could say pulling yourself apart is all apart of growing and self-discovery. Do it as many times as you feel fit, I say." There was a sort of easy shrug from the catboil. "Just uh...Hope you are near someone that knows how to piece you back together. I might not be the right candidate for that, seeing as we just met."

The literal or figurative act of putting someone back together wasn't exactly his forte.

Akubi sort of tilted his head to the side, "All tea is dried leaves, twigs, or flowers, is it not?" He wasn't exactly a connoisseur of tea. "I was thinking about trying out some pizza, how does that make you feel?"

Face your demons

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 am
Amarus stared at him like he had mutated as they spoke, or something: "Akubi, I am always near someone who can put me back together, because I cannot leave my own company." The idea she would entrust another student with that, no matter how well she knew them, was entirely foreign to Amarus. She could not even conceive of that.

"I suppose so, but then why would anyone enjoy it?" she asked, grimacing. "Pizza? I have only heard of it before, but never had it-- I think that I would love to find out," she said, suddenly excited, her eyes lighting up.

Pales

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces