Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] Personal Cheerleader (Jord & Snorri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 pm
User Image Like always, Jord appreciated watching the men down at the sparring grounds, as it was a good way to start her day on a high note. To see all the reavers in top condition and ready to take on any challenge, well, it made her feel safe! No one would mess with the Stormborn, not while they had reavers to patrol the borders and go a-viking to strike fear in neighboring prides. It made Jord proud to call this pride her home, and even prouder to be a product of one of its older bloodlines. It was a real shame not many of her family still within the pride, but Jord was quick to shrug that off. She had friends here, close friends, and if she wanted more family all she had to do was put her mind to finding a mate.

Speaking of which, it always made her smile whenever she caught one of her favorite reavers practicing on the sands. He'd been very pleasant to talk to, and an even easier one to flirt with. Jord wasn't exactly a loose lioness, but she did enjoy a good flirt with a handsome reaver. And the reaver she was thinking about? Well, he was incredibly handsome.

The large lioness paused in her step as she approached the sparring sands, bright eyes eagerly scanning over those already participating. She of course stayed on the sidelines, not at all willing to be confused with one of those... female reavers. She'd tried her paw at it during her youth, and found it be distasteful. What other lionesses saw in it she'd never know! Not seeing her particular lion on her initial scan, a little frown found its way onto her maw and Jord went to go find a comfortable place to sit and watch. Had she missed him already?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:28 am
User ImageSnorri had gotten a late start this morning. They happened to the best of lions, and a series of events which conclusively proved not only the existence of fate but also the fact that it was against him prevented him from arriving at the sparring grounds as early as he would have liked. What could a lion do when fate itself was against him? Not a damn thing.

Arriving at the sandy sparring grounds Snorri looked around, seeking out potential opponents as well as people he wanted to be sure to either avoid or meet with. Darker pelts dominated the area, but there were more and more brightly colored lions coming to the pride. In the days leading up to a viking Snorri would deliberately seek out the outlanders to get a feel for the type of fighting he would encounter when he left the pride, but he had no upcoming vikings on his horizon, so today he kept his eyes on those whose coloration indicated that had been born into the pride.

He did not fail to notice the sleek brown lioness on the sidelines, watching as other lions stretched and fought with one another. Jord was one of the lions he tended to seek out as someone he wanted to be sure to meet with when they were both here at the same time. She was fun to be around. There was also their on-going flirtation which had so far not gone beyond minimal contact. He enjoyed that, too.

And just like that his mind was made up. He would talk with Jord and then bash some other reaver's face in. She might not even recognize him if he approached her before he got all sandy and sweaty, he thought with a grin.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:02 pm
Princess_Feylin

She'd found a nice place to sit, her tail tucked close to her paws and her ears forward and swiveling to catch the sounds around her. If its one thing she enjoyed, it was watching handsome, strong men battle each other. Luckily it wasn't all that gory, as spars typically weren't, for Jord wasn't a fan of horrendous wounds or large amounts of blood. Also, another reason why she found being a reaver distasteful. Let the men and the healers deal with the stuff, she was happy to enjoy a life without it.

Her eyes scanned the area once more, and out of the corner of her eye she thought she saw the familiar color and pattern of her favorite reaver. For a moment she played with the idea of ignoring him, just for fun to see what he would do, but ultimately she couldn't stop her head from turning in his direction and the smile that pulled on to her maw. Of course, her brow raised significantly as she visibly looked the clean lion up and down.

"Don't tell me", she began, her smile turning somewhat coy as it reached her eyes. "Your opponent ran off at the sight of you, and that's why you're still clean", she joked. The lioness made to scoot over slightly, offering him the seat next to her in silent gesture. "Keep that up, and you'll make captain in no time." Not that she knew if he planned on it or not, but it was fun to tease him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm
"Yes. That's exactly how it happened. Only you left out the part where he soiled himself, so if I hadn't been as light of foot as I am, I might not be quite this clean." He winked to make sure she knew he wasn't really trying to claim that was what happened.

When she cleared a space for him he filled it with his bulk, perhaps settling a little closer to her than was strictly necessary. He could always claim she'd misjudged how much space he required and that he wasn't smooshing her on purpose. He wasn't smooshing her at all, in fact. So there.

"Would you be impressed if I made captain?" he asked her. "Or is that just a thing you say to make lesser lions worry about your high standards?"

Snorri supposed he might not live up to her standards, and that might be why their relationship remained as it was, but he doubted it. Both of them seemed all right with letting things proceed as they would. He was fine with it, certainly. It was nice not to feel any pressure to get married and have cubs. There was a wedding coming up between two outlanderborn that he would probably have to attend. Which gave him an idea. He grinned and set it aside for the time being.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:15 pm
Princess_Feylin

She scrunched her nose at the thought of another lion soiling himself, and was glad to have Snorri's reassuring wink. "Ah, your paws have certainly saved you then. Sand and sweat I can handle, but I'm afraid I'd have to turn you away for anything else", she told him with a feigned dismissive wave of her paw, settling her weight once more now that Snorri had sat next to her. Really next to her in fact. She gave a small, good humored snort at him, bumping her shoulder against his, though not scooting away. He was clean at least, so she didn't have to worry about any of that sand or sweat getting onto her.

"Impressed?" she began, her smile turning somewhat toothy. "I expect you to make captain, and with how easily you've managed to beat your foe today, it should be no problem for you", she told him with a nod, and continued with her joke. "Now, if you managed to wrestle away the title of warlord, I would be 'impressed'. Though not satisfied until you've at least conquered five other prides and demanded tribute in my name. Only then will you meet my high standards." Oh gods, that would be terrifying.

She let that sit for a moment, before she could no longer contain her laughter, shaking her head. "Stormlords above, I can't imagine putting anyone through that." The more she thought about, the more it sounded like one those silly folklore tales a bard would sing. Hmm, they were always fun to listen to, at least.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:09 pm
This was definitely what winning felt like, Snorri decided. She did not object to his nearness, although she had noticed it. Point to him, if anyone was keeping score. No one was. Unless Jord was. He studied her from the corner of his eye and decided she probably wasn't.

He was silent as Jord listed the things she expected of him versus the things that would impress her. He knew she was joking, at least about everything that came after the warlord bit. That didn't stop him from making a face as if he was taking mental notes and seriously considering her conditions, like he was trying to figure out how to meet them. He liked her, but not that much. The only woman he liked that much was his mother.

"Well, you're very lucky you know me," he said when she admitted her joke. "Because if you get some really persistent and unappealing lion trying to win you, you know I can do all those things, just to prove to him how doable they are, and how he should absolutely be able to do them, too."

What he refrained from mentioning was the fact that impossible standards might be making something of a comeback. Aesir had set a few with regard to his daughter, although that had come to nothing, what with Kazul having died of childbirth while her father was losing his position as warlord. But Ru had completed the quest, and with admirable creativity. At least bard-born Snorri appreciated it. Aesir might not have done.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm
"My hero", she laughed softly, a smirk playing onto her maw. "As soon as such an instance comes up, I'll be certain to seek out the most death-defying and glorious of all reavers." Not to mention handsomest. There was something to be said about a man covered in sweat and sand after a particularly thrilling battle, and that something usually got Jord more than a little thrilled herself; but, when Snorri wasn't covered head to tail in the stuff she noticed certain things. Certain handsome things that drew her eye for long periods of time.

Then it occurred to her that he might not realize she was talking about him. She poked her nose into his mane to jab him playfully, just in case he didn't. "That's you. From now on, that shall be your title. The most death-defying and glorious Snorri", she told him with feigned seriousness, trying hard to fight back her smile. "I think it fits." Ah. This is why she came here every day. To enjoy the company of those she was comfortable with, and to start her day out with a smile.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 pm
He inclined his head with false modesty in the face of Jord's teasing praise, but he didn't protest the title she'd given him. It was flattering, even if it was a little ridiculous. It was no more ridiculous to be called the most death-defying and glorious Snorri than it would be to go by a number of the names in the sagas. According to the old forms, a lion's claws could be known as pelt-splitters, eye-hooks, skull gaffers, and about fifteen thousand other things. A lion could have many titles.

"Do that. I can also skin them for you, if you want. As a lesson to other inferior lions trying to win you." He kept his tone casual so that he wouldn't sound as possessive and out of sorts as he actually felt at the thought of other lions courting Jord. It would be pretty hypocritical of him to object to that, considering he had a number of lionesses that he kept dangling.

"And what shall your title be?" he mused. "Jord of the sharp eyes and quick tongue?"

Jovi of Shadows

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm
"Dully noted, the death-defying and glorious Snorri", she nodded readily. Honestly it didn't sound that bad, except for the fact that it kind of was. However, it was said in jest and she meant him no harm to his pride or anything of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact. She enjoyed talking to Snorri, and though she conversed with most reavers that came her way, not all were as skilled at the back-and-forth as her personal favorite. She favored him, much like a prized fighter in fact.

She took time to consider his title, but ultimately tsked her tongue at it. "No, not quite. All proper ladies have proper titles in ballads", she told him. To reiterate just how proper a lady she was, Jord straightened her posture, throwing her shoulders back in an elaborate show of grace as she pushed her chin up and pulled her tail around her paws. All very proper, of course. She wiggled her shoulders just slightly and glanced at him through the corner of her eyes, not bothering to crane her head in his direction.

"More like Jord of the swaying hips and fierce womanly wrath", she informed him. The flicker of a smirk played on her lips as she watched him through veiled eyes. "That is a lady's title, fit for a saga."

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 am
Actually, the more she said it, the more ridiculous the title sounded, but Snorri let it slide. With luck she would have forgotten it by the next time they met. It was too long to be remembered conveniently. A bard wouldn't want to use that phrase more than once or twice in a saga. It didn't scan well in the traditional structure, though the alliteration and similarity between his name and the word "glorious" was good. Gods, he hated his parents for making him learn things like that.

"Makes you sound like a fat harridan," he remarked with an apologetic smile. "Possibly even a pregnant one."

He shouldn't have said that, probably, but it was better than the only other thing that came to mind, which was to point out that not many females in ballads had names at all. They were usually described by their relationship to the male hero. He was certain that wouldn't have gone over very well. His mother had always hated that part of bardic tradition and made sure he learned all of the traditional songs with female heroines. All six of them.

"But if that's how you want to be remembered, as a possibly pregnant harridan, far be it from me to dissuade you, even though no one would recognize you based on that description. You're far more appealing than that makes you sound." He tried for a charming grin but fully expected her to stomp off, insulted. He hadn't been very tactful.

Jovi of Shadows

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 am
Princess_Feylin

She snorted at him, her posture faltering as she tipped her head to eye him now. "I'm uncertain if I should be insulted or flattered, Reaver", she told him truthfully, in a mild, wavering humor. The tip of her tail tapped against the sand as she decided whether or not to be angry with him for spoiling her fun. In the end, however, that little bit of flattery he'd thrown in there saved his handsome behind. And quite the behind he possessed, she mused inwardly. That... might also have saved him from unhappy stomping of the away variety.

"Let us both agree, then, that I am no Bard", not to mention she couldn't be one even if she wanted to, "And you, Reaver, need to work on your flattery." She told him so, but her lips curled at the corners into something akin but not quite a coy smile. For one, she was fighting it, attempting to keep the mirth from invading her facial expression; but alas, she was female, and much more subject to emotion than she cared to admit.

She straightened then, curling her tail around her paws once more. "What little you've deemed proper to issue thus far, leaves a girl wanting, and we can't have that", she told him, her brow inching forward as the smile prevailed to take over her full expression.

It wouldn't be very lady-like to get flustered and angry with him, stomping off in a storm for all to see. That was something an outlander might do, but not a lady of the Stormborn. No, Jord was much more comfortable with herself than throwing a tirade over a man's unwieldy tongue, and she was confident the intent had not been to hurt. So, she rewarded Snorri with her continued, light-hearted company. "Its a shame I haven't watched my favorite Reaver trounce some competition on the sands yet, when do you think he'll make an appearance?" she asked innocently enough, honey eyes sparring him a glance. Truly, she had come here to watch Snorri spar, as doing so often brought joy to the rest of her day. And... there was something to be said about watching such a man in action. Especially if said man was handsome and easy on the eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 am
"If you're uncertain, I've done my job well." A good bard could do that, deliver compliments that felt like insults and vice versa. Though Snorri would deny that he had any sort of bardic notions until he dropped dead, his upbringing had made him more than fit to be a bard, had that been his inclination, and it showed if he wasn't careful.

"I will be sure to flatter every lioness I see today in order to improve my talents in that area." Would that make her jealous, or would it just make her laugh? He was completely fine with either reaction, because he could count either one as a victory. "After all, I would hate to leave you wanting."

He glanced at her, briefly wondering if she meant him when she referred to her favorite reaver, or if she was baiting him. He could ask, and even make it sound like he was teasing her, but it would probably be better to let this conversation come to an end, before he really put his foot in it.

"Let me know if you see him. I'm going to go find someone to spar with," he said as he stood up.

Jovi of Shadows

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am
Ooh, that Snorri. Her eyes narrowed as her lips pulled into a thin smirk, the expression somewhat challenging. Practice his flattery on another, would he? She didn't like the sound of that, even though she was absolutely certain he probably did that anyway. Just hearing him say it though, now that got a bit of a rise from her. She choose, wisely so, to keep her mouth shut on the matter, uncertain of what this jealousy may have her say to him. As such, she smoothed her features, hoping to wash away any evidence of said jealousy before he got the chance to gloat about it.

As he stood to part company, she sighed. "Just be certain to trounce them", she told him, purposely using the same term as her previous statement. "I'm looking forward to a good show". Briefly, very briefly, she touched her cheek to his shoulder as she settled down onto her belly, resting her chin on neatly folded paws in front of her.

They weren't official, exclusive, or even openly with one another; but, Jord wouldn't be opposed to such things she supposed. A strong, handsome lion like Snorri with a quick tongue and agreeable humor to boot, had certainly captured her attention. The sudden pang of jealousy she'd felt at his claiming to flirt with other lionesses was truth enough to such a realization. Oh, she'd watch him today, for certain, and she'd make sure to stick around afterwards just in case his words were no empty jest.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:45 am
"As you will," Snorri said with an elaborate serious of motions sometimes used by bards to indicate that they are submitting a performance for the audience's approval. Coming from a reaver it was just a bit of silliness though.

Snorri planned to put on a good show for her, as requested, so that there could be no doubt in her mind that he was absolutely the best choice for her. Just because Snorri had a reputation for having a fondness for women didn't mean he wanted her attention to stray. Not that his reputation was unfounded, but he did like Jord more than most. If she ever indicated that she was interested in more than just flirtation he would not say no, even if she demanded exclusivity. But both of them were keeping things light, avoiding making demands of commitment for the time being.

Having spoken his piece he departed to do as he said he would.

Jovi of Shadows
Finished, do you think?

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:47 am
Princess_Feylin