.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[CHAL] A DUEL (Tarakini x Valbergur)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Tara de Draiocht rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 1, 2 Total: 14 (5-20)

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:18 pm
User Image Tarakini looked around curiously from outside the boundaries, so this was the land of the Stormborns. The sky was darkening and the threat of a storm rumbled in the air. Kini narrowed her eyes in concentration as she took a deep breath and roared as loud as she could hoping another would accept her challenge. Kini had heard from another lion this was the accepted practice to gain entrance into the pride. She wanted in after all and if this was the way to get attention then so be it.

Depawsit
A DUEL *smacks with dueling glove*

Depawsit rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 2, 3, 2 Total: 11 (5-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm
User Image

Valbergur was recently returned from another raid, this one unsuccessful. Yet he had still managed to find enough fermented fruit to supply his crew with until their next outing. It was his treat to them, for always following him so blindly into the roguelands. Typically they found no danger they couldn't control, but there would always be another day where the danger could be real.

Val's eyes snapped out of his glossy haze as he heard the roar. Feminine but demanding, he was quite intrigued. Pulling himself to his feet, he trotted out in the clearing and took in the sight of the purple female before him.

This was his challenge?

Well. It wasn't as though he hadn't seen worse.

Tara de Draiocht
*is smacked*

D:< OW

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:22 am
It took some time for a response but when it came, it came. Tarakini eyed the somewhat swaying male in front of her. What was his problem? She raised her eyebrow in shock before shrugging. A challenge is a challenge is a challenge she supposed. "Hey big fellow. Nice beard you got yourself there...I'm here to join your pride." Kini wandered closer with purpose and flickered her tail in annoyance from the look of doubt on the males face. Taking a deep breath for calm and courage she made her first move by tripping him while he was distracted. Others had always under estimated her size and strength. She wanted to prove herself worthy of this pride.

Depawsit
emotion_dowant ohbby. Hope i did this right @_@ Cause based on the dice roll 4 beats 1 and therefore i attack? lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:57 pm
Swaying a bit in his stupor, it took a moment for her words to sink in. But by the time that had happened, he found himself flat on his stomach on the ground. A groan escaped his haze as he struggled to get to his feet. "Join away then love." He grumbled, finally pulling himself to his feet with a large grunt. "I take it from that blow that you know the stipulations then?" Shaking his rather large mane free of some of his cloudiness he got a clear view of the female. She had a build to her, he could give her that. But he wasn't just going to give her the win.

Batting a paw to the sand, his expression quickly faded from one of enjoyment to a vicious snarl. In no time flat, he was hurling his body straight towards her, claws unsheathed and aimed for her flank.

Tara de Draiocht
Yup! UR DOIN IT RIGHT!

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm
Kini couldn't help the laugh that escaped her muzzle, it was kind of silly seeing a tough looking male brought down below near her paws. She raised an eyebrow as if to say 'I shall' in regards to his first sentence. "To be honest," Kini fluttered her eyes in a cheeky mood. "I'm just winging it. I assume since this is a pride of warriors one has to prove ones strength. I-" Kini gasped and dodged the males strike. "Okay then! Fighting it is!" The words flew out of her mouth before she could stop them, it was during these times she cursed her nervous habit of chatter during moments of danger.

Kini let out an answering snarl before leaping at the other male. With all her strength she pushed off the ground and pounced on his head making her sure her front paws as well as back ones pushed him face first into the dirt. That was one of the lessons she had learned. Go for the head and knock them around a bit; confuse them.

Depawsit
w00tw00t!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 pm
His face hit the dirt with a definite splat and he ate the dust that filed up in front of him. It was thick and pasty tasting, but nothing he hadn't tasted before. One who had to become accustomed to battle ... needed to be accustomed to the taste of dirt as well. Because one was not infallible, sooner or later you would taste the merciless taste of defeat.

Spitting the now muddy substance from his maw, he shook his head clear of the fogginess once more. But it wasn't helping. All these headshots were going to drive him mad! And they weren't doing a thing to sober him up ... he was beginning to realize how terrible of an idea accepting a challenge under the influence actually was.

'Never again'

He thought. But he knew he would. He enjoyed his fruit far too much to give it up, and the fighting? Well, what Stormborn in their right mind would EVER give that up?

A smirk grew across Val's maw as he regained what little composure he could, and planted himself firmly into the dirt. Refusing to move an inch. If she wanted him, she would have to come to him.

A glint of passion sparked in his eye as he awaited the female's next move.

Tara de Draiocht

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:38 pm
Kini let out a puff of excitement... this was exhilarating! Kini watched as the smirk formed on the others muzzle, it would appear her opponent was feeling the same way. She watched in confusing as the other stilled and then she found herself doing the same thing in return. The way he held himself--regardless of his appeared somewhat drunk state--clearly identified that he was of higher rank so Kini would have to tread carefully. Slowly blinking Kiri took the opportunity to look at the ground covertly under her lashes. Good, there was some dirty there a perfect tool to distract. Quick as she could Kini fainted right and pawed the earth in preparation to throw. Once she chucked the dirt at the male she quickly darted left and attacked. When she stopped her hits she preened by the success of her plan. Kini was caught up in her feelings of victory, which looking back on the fight had been really stupid, and failed to see the males coming strike.

Depawsit
biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:49 pm
If he wasn't trying to stifle his cockiness, Val would have laughed at the female's coy attempt at tricking him. But to laugh would be to give up his knowledge and he just couldn't have that, could he?

He watched with prediction as she did exactly as he had predicted and flicked the sand towards his face. She assumed she'd won, but what she hadn't seen was the reflexive paw that protected his eyes from the incoming damage. Clearing his throat of the interfering sand he glared her down and took the offending paw, reared back and swung quick as lightening right back at the female. Smacking her right in the ribcage, though whether she went flying or simply took the blow was beyond him. As the dust still hadn't subsided.

Tara de Draiocht

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:50 pm
"Oof." The sound was punched out of her lungs and the force of the other lions blow sent her to the ground dazed. "Ugh." The pained sound escaped her muzzle before she could draw it back in and when the dust settled and she could see the other male she grimaced. She glared at the male before grinning, "Lucky shot." Kini's body wiggled a moment before she shook her head to clear off the pain of her ribs. Kini supposed it was only right that he got her in the ribs like she had gotten him on his a**. She smirked just thinking about that pain cropping up in future. She stared blankly at the other male before attacking once more. It felt like an eternity but in all actuality it was minutes. Their claws tangled, faces close together, warrior against warrior. Each getting off a hit. A draw.

"Did I pass the test?" Kini puffed out unable to hold it in any longer.

Depawsit
Sorry! SORRY! I got distracted with my blog that is related to my school work @_@

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:05 pm
The two were evenly matched near the end, though he had to admit the female had more nerve than he would have given her at first. Not only had she snuck in hits he hadn't expected, but she'd knocked him flat on his face. Something he'd tell his men about on their next raid. They'd get quite the rise out of that story, there was no doubt in his mind.

Looking up at the female, his claws locked with her's, his jaw set in upset. He stared at her with a glare that could burn a hole through one less worthy.

"I s'pose so." He grunted, lightly pushing his weight back towards the female before releasing his grip and falling back to all fours.

"But if you ever want a fair fight, come see me 'nother time, won't you?" Winking lightly at the female, he nodded in her direction lightly. "Now go on, you earned yer place among us. I'll be sure to pass the word along.

In excruciating detail."
Again he winked, before finally turning his attention back towards his denning area.

He had earned himself some delicious fruit, and right about now .. he could use it.

Tara de Draiocht

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:18 pm
Her fur bristled at the words "fair fight" and she almost attacked again just to defend herself, but figured it wouldn't be worth it. Besides she was in now! Tarakini was part of the Stormborn tribe! Her chest puffed out in pride at her success. She watched as the male left and blinked as she recalled that she hadn't even given her name. Oh well, I guess when talking about her he could speak of her pelt, it certainly was unique enough. Eyes looking left and right Kini decided to head left.

A new chapter in her life had begun.

Depawsit
END

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas