[Class] Wingers! ~Class Full Up~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rayne Winner
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:54 pm
First class for all you flyers out there, I ask that this class be open to those with flying (or gliding) capablities. >_> You don't NEED to be able to fly to come as that is what the class if for, for learning the arts.

The birds, the bat, and the sugar glider I think are the flyers that are in D-Corp so far. If I am wrong feel free to poke at me and tell me so. ^_^ Thank you.

(( Accidently Posted as Rayne again. >_>;; I will do the rest of the class with the right accounted LOL ))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:21 pm
Orpheus looked things over to make sure that he'd not missed anything in his set up. He tilted his head to the side and tapped a finger again his chin before giving a nod of approval, "Alright. I think that its all ready." He said to his son who was standing off to the side watching as he set up. Then he turned to look at him, "What do you think?"

Ligeia looked things over. There were cushions. All the ones that Orpheus could steal from everywhere that he could get them. It was the landing platform he had been told. For the kids to land upon if they didn't quite get it the first, second, or how ever many times they wanted to try it.

And near to there was a tree with several level branches to start off on. For a flyer to jump off and try out their wings.

"Can't wait to try." He said to him, smiling.

"I hope that everyone is of that mind. Come on then, lets wait at the door for the other Wingers that arrive."  

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

lithle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:43 pm
Earako was nervous, no two ways about it. A new class... and all about flying. She'd never tried to fly before! Oh, sure, she had wings, and she liked them well enough, but Da' had scolded her whenever she'd tried to jump off things. Dangerous, he said. And now there was a whole class all about it, and she'd never even tried it before!

Da' hadn't even seemed especially happy about the new class, frowning and shaking his head. But he'd told her she had to go, and that was that, so here she was, going. And if she made a fool of herself because she didn't know anything about flying then... then... well, she wasn't sure what. Something, that's for sure!

Wings wrapped tightly around herself, she nervously pushed open the door, peaking her head inside, huge ears perked. This was it, and there'd be no use running. Wrapping her wings tightly around her body, she shuffled in nervously.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:24 pm
Vivina looked back at Et as she waved goodbye. She heard her mom say something about learning to fly/glide, but that was all as her attention went to seeing what this place was. She had tried to jump and glide from high places several times, usually ending up with her gliding a few distances, but landing on her bottom side. Her mom seemed to have decided to correct this habit once and for all by sending her here.

She looked around at the many cushions and the tree and made 'ah'-ing noises. True she would probably be the only child that can't fly but only glide, but who cares! At least she'd be different and special in her own way. 'Sides, gliding takes less work, or so it seemed to Vivina.

Never taking her eyes off the highest limb on the tree, she walked slowly over to a chair and sat down. She wondered who the others were, for she has never met them before. She shrugged and played with her hat, reminding herself not to wear it while gliding. She didn't want her mom to get angry at her for losing the hat.  

E.T.D.O.

Dulcea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:51 pm
Liang was afraid of this, to say the least. Ul thought it would be best for her though, not only to be away while Teagan had his gymnastics friends over, but to learn to fly and meet some other children. She could be self-sufficient enough, with a bag of roasted nuts clutched in one hand and her fan in the other, but she hadn't wanted to be thrown into a situation where she would have to interact. Not yet, not again at least. She had already met that one boy, the one that made a lot of noise, and one person was enough for the week.

Looking out at the way the place was set up, with all of the cushions and safe things, she figured she could at least stay and practice flying on her own. Big brother Tea had told her she had big strong wings, and she supposed he was right. This wouldn't be so bad if she just listened to the teacher and didn't talk to anyone. Yeah. Set on that, she went to wait by the tree, trying to keep out of sight for now. She fluttered her wings, tucking them around her arms so that they would stay out of the way. Unfortunately, her tail didn't agree with her plan and instead hung out in clear view, draped on the ground around the side of the tree trunk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:59 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Asryane

Gabriela Juliana
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:37 pm
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:54 pm
Orpheus looked over the members of his class, "Let's see here then we have quite the varitey of members here don't we?" He said looking then over, A Bat, a Sugar Glider, a... Feng-Huang he thought she was called, two love birds, and an Owl. " Now I have been going over this one in my head, how I was wanting to do this class and I decided that learning by trying was the best way to do it, seems like its the way that those iwth your DNA do it in the wild." That and he barely understood the science and theories of flight let alone having to try to explain them to a bunch of children so he had set things up like they were, "So we have what we have set up in front of you."

"You will climb up to one of the three areas I have mark. One is green thats the low area for beginners of because you not quite ready, Orange is the middle and its for intermediate, and then last but not least Red. Red is the highest point and nobody is going to start out there ok? Not until you try the other two a couple of times."

He walked over to the edge where the pillows ended but it was pretty far off from where the base of the tree was, they had a good long and soft landing pad, "Do I have any vollenteers for who wants to do this first?" He asked looking over at the class, "The main thing to remember is to believe that you can do and use those wings..." He gave Vivina a little smile, "Or in your case you use those built in gliders you got there."  

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

E.T.D.O.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:39 pm
Vivina glanced at the others that came in and smiled shyly. Just as she suspected, she was the only one without wings. She played with her hat to pass the time and to get rid of the butterflies in her stomach. She observed the others carefully at the same time. She saw Liang first since she was the most brightly colored person, and the most interesting. She wondered what her DNA was since she has never seen anything like her. Her attention then went to the two lovebirds. One was awfully quite and the other was a tad too loud. She giggled as she couldn't help noticing the difference. The bat caught her attention as well. Those wings! They weren'y feathered like the others, but still they were wings! She gazed at them and wondered how they work. Finally her attention went to the owl.

She shuddered when she saw Ligeia since it was part of her natural instinct to fear owls. She learned from simple books that owls prey on sugar gliders in the wild. She shook her head and got her senses together. That's only in the wild. Maybe Ligeia will be different. Maybe there's nothing to fear at all. She grabbed her legs and huddled tightly anyway. She nearly jumped and fell off her chair when Orpheus spoke suddenly, signalling the start of class.

She listened carefully to what Orpheus was saying and confirmed that she should start from the bottom branch and make her way to the top. She knew that she could glide a little bit, but the landing she had trouble on. If she started low, she could try and land on her feet and not her bottom. Vivina also wanted to know how to turn shaprly, glide up for more air time, and all of the other fancy tricks she saw the real sugar gliders doing. She grinned and blushed slightly when Orpheus mentioned her patagiums. She felt like a special girl for that one moment. But then her focus went back to his previous statement. Who was going to go first? Should she go up there or should she wait a bit? She shifted uneasily in her chair and placed her hat under it just in case.

Then a thought dawned upon her. What of her glasses? They were expensive and if she broke them, Et won't be too happy about it. She couldn't take them off or else she wouldn't be able to see clearly and hurt herself worse that if she had them on. What should she do? Vivina decided to wait for a few of the others to go first. After that, she'd be able to ask Orpheus if there was anything that could protect her glasses in flight. She smiled contently at her decision and waited patiently.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:02 am

Asryane

Gabriela Juliana
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:40 am
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:46 pm
Liang poked her head around the side of the tree, not exactly thrilled with the idea of being in class with a whole bunch of other kids, but it was like the park. If she just got up and did what the person wanted she could go home sooner. The longer she stalled the longer she would have to be here. And besides, the faster she learned to fly the faster she would be able to fly away from people instead of just hiding from them. She was in a very feminine mood, but she tucked her fan away carefully, not wanting it to get broken.

She stepped out from behind the tree, raising her hand slowly, "I will." This would put all eyes on her, sure, and that had her sick to her stomach, but it was worth it. If she was the best then everyone would like her, and if she went first then she'd get more chances, and become better. Oh, weird. One of the green people had already run up to the tree. Maybe you weren't supposed to say you wanted to. Now she was embarassed, so she started to shirk back away.

Dulcea

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:44 pm
Orpheus was rather pleased at the bunch of vollenteers that he'd gotten, one of which it seemed was a lot more enthusiastic then the rest. He turned his head to watch as Paxton ran on ahead, taking the intiative, "Alright. It seems that Paxton," He nodded to Gabby for telling him the name of the other lovebird, "Is quite ready and willing to go first. After that it will be you Gabby, then you can go after her." He said to Liang.

He looked down at the list he had in his pocket, "Alright then... Earako and Vivina you can go after Liang and finally Ligeia you can be last."

Ligiea nodded his head, not minding at all that he had to be last in line since he'd gotten to try it out a couple times before everyone else had arrived. Getting to do the 'test flights' that and because he'd also been practicing on his own for a while now. Ligeia got up to his feet and walked over to get into line, leaving enough room for the ones that got to go before him could get in line. He almost felt bad for Vivina, she kept giving him this nervous look as if he meant to eat he and now she was in line right before him.

Maybe he could tell her that he didn't mean to make her into a meal and then things would be better between them? He hoped so.

Orpheus waited at the end of the cushions still, reading and waiting just in case he was needed to catch someone that got the flying thing down well and went passed the 'saftey zone' as he called it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:43 pm
((-pokes Rayne- you skipped poor Earako >>))

Vivina nodded her head slowly, aware that the owl would be right behind her in line. She hoped that she would be as far away from him as she could, but it just wasn't her lucky day. Shuffling across the room, she looked at the others that were excited to fly. All -were- excited but one. The strange girl whom she didn't know which DNA she had seemed scared and didn't want to be here. She wanted to talk to her to see if she was ok, but it seemed as if she didn't want to be talked to. Shrugging, she kept a look out for any signs of trouble. She didn't want to get hurt before her attempt at gliding.

A thought ran through her head. Will her fear of Ligeia make her not do as well on her first attempt? She didn't want that to happen. There had to be someway to resolve this, and fast. She was almost thankful that she was the fourth to go. Then another thought. Should she approach him now? Or wait for him to make the first move? All these thoughts made her tremble and she half wished she wasn't here. All this time, she had been peeking at Ligeia while he wasn't looking. She really hoped that he didn't notice.  

E.T.D.O.

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:08 pm
(( crying Sorry. I thought I got everyone in line. >_> Let me fix that.

EDIT: Fixed! Forgive me Earako and Earako's Parent. ^_^;; ))  
[Trashbin]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff