[JRP] Capture At The Crossing [Mahewa/Aekea]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mahewa was a lion on a mission today. He'd spent some days among his new pride, and found it very much to his liking. Many strong lions, lovely females...good living, fresh scars. It was truly the place for him, now that he'd left his previous pride. The moon had gone from full to nearly gone already, and he'd noted with interest the varying ranks of the pride. There were slaves here - called thralls - and most worked at the behest of the whole priding - hunting, crafting, doing chores. Others seemed personally kept, more akin to the slaves of his previous domain. They were not half as badly beaten here though, to his relief. Might was right, but you didn't have to be savage about it.

Of course, he had some rank in the pride but less than he wanted. It didn't help that he was prone to spending more time among the other reavers than doing things like cleaning out his own den or hunting up dinner. He needed a wife, or a thrall. Wives took work, but a thrall would serve fine even if he did luck onto an appropriate mate to fill the long-healing hole in his heart. A thrall of his own, to prove himself to the pride AND to boost his own status. That was what he was after today, and why he'd sequestered himself in a patch of over tall grass that overlooked a watering hole outside the pride. He was downwind of the pool of water...hopefully he'd find something worth note soon enough. A cheetah, perhaps, or maybe a leopard to take back with him...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:53 pm
Leaving the Pridelands just felt.. right.

She couldn't put a paw on it. Maybe it was the fact that the pride was really big and she was alone still, maybe it was the fact her son, Jagat, seemed to resent her anytime she talked to another male. Or it could have just been she had the need to wander. Either way, Aekea found herself in the rogue lands once again. She hadn't been here in a few years. It was really odd to think about it. However, her position had been hunter, so she was fine on her own.

The bright lioness knew how to track, stalk, and wait for days to get a decent meal, like she did now. She was nestled under a tree with a zebra that she currently had torn into. Where she was, she didn't know, but it seemed safe. Safe was good.

With a mouthful of bloody flesh in her mouth, Aekea hummed out happily and just ate in complete contentment. Her tail thumped from side to side. Right now she was content with no talking to anyone. Not everyone understood her stutter couldn't go away or be helped. More than once her own son got fed up with it and had to walk away from her.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 pm
The large dark male lay long under the tall grass, nostrils turned into the wind and ears perked for any sounds. A few creatures came to the watering hole, but none where what he needed. Food animals, little more. He was becoming less and less patient - he was a lion of ACTION, not made to wait. Still, he let another hour slide by before he grumblingly rose and began to stalk off. He first visited the same pool he'd been staking out, lapping up a small drink, then began a lumbering walk out further from the pride.

Of course, as soon as he was over the bluffs on the far side of the watering hole the wind shifted, and the tang of blood - meat! - hit his nose. As well as a lovely, familiar scent. Lioness. That was just too perfect. And he was still downwind! He lowered himself nearer the ground and began to creep towards the source of the smell. Not far now. Closer. Closer. He glimpsed peach and yellow fur through the dry stalks; she was busy eating, gnawing idly at the zebra. She was distracted, and smaller than he by far. Just one good leaping pounce--! He crouched back, bundled his legs like springs beneath him, and sprang, all outstretched paws eager to bowl her over and pin her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:08 pm
She licked a bit at the meat before tearing into it again, blissfully unaware of any danger she might be in. Aekea chewed thoughtfully and let her mind wander back to the days of the Tete'boma, her mate, Kafele. She'd loved him from a very young age. But he was a great deal older than she was and he ended up dying curled up against her side one night. It had been the most heart breaking thing she had to go through. Burying your mate was no easy feat.

A sigh left her lips in time for her to get tackled, rolled over and pinned before she could even scream. Luckily she hadn't taken another bite and she kind of just cowered under whoever it was that had her pinned. Pale purple eyes squeezed shut tightly and she didn't even put up much of a fight. It was clear by the weight inning her down that she couldn't win anyway. "T-t-ta...-take the z-zebra!"  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:21 pm
Mahewa was both relieved and disappointed that the female didn't put up a fight. She was a fetching enough thing, clearly a good hunter to bring down the zebra alone - she'd suite all his needs quite well. He appreciated fiery females - his long gone mate had been a spitfire herself. At least half his scars were from her teeth and claws! But such fire might not be too greatly respected in a slave...a thrall.

He let out a booming roar - not just in her face, but at the sky. He was a reaver, and he had claimed his prize, and he was strong and mighty! He bent, tearing a strip from the prey she'd killed and gulping it down without bothering to unpin the poor thing. For what little it was worth, he did not think of her stutter as a stutter - he simply thought she was shaking and afraid. "I'll have the zebra and you as well," He rumbled, half promise, half threat, but surprisingly friendly about it too. He'd knock her out if she tried to run, but he was not a cruel lion. He wouldn't maul her or anything. Even if she did seem shockingly smooth-furred.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 pm
"M-me?!" She slowly got to her paws and just let her brows knit, freezing.

This was a loud, rude, beast of a lion. Not what she was used to in the slightest bit. Her fur bristled a bit and she huffed before shaking her head. While she couldn't fight this lion, maybe she could outrun him. He was big, which meant he was bumbling and slow. She was lithe and small. This could work. Smoothing out her ruffled fur, Aekea shook her head again and started to back away.

"Y-y...you have to c-catch me f-first!" With that, she took off towards the way she'd gotten here. He could have the zebra, but she wasn't some prize!  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:35 pm
Ahhh... there was the fire, there was the spirit! She wriggled free as he tore another strip of meat to scarf down, and he let out a booming laugh as she scampered away. So she was his if he caught her? That wasn't a race he'd mind running. And it appealed to him, that she did not just roll over and submit. He still did not think she would be an undue amount of trouble. After all, she was only fleeing, not fighting. She was running away from the pride, but not so fast he wouldn't have her yet. Now he'd just get some fun before the march home to claim his new status and show off his little trophy!

He tore after her, a huge thundercloud of black fur at her back. She was certainly more agile, but shockingly not terribly much faster. And he had the advantage of knowing this area a bit better than she did. That would be enough, he imagined, to let him win this battle of desires. His claws slid from their sheathes as he tore after her, tearing up dirt and long grass as he fought to gain ground. He had too much confidence and too much pride to even consider he would lose this confrontation, and he whooped a bark of laughter as he bore down on her. He'd nearly caught up, and he snapped his teeth at her tail before making a daring lunge, aiming to swipe her back feet from under her. "Come now pet! You're only making it that much longer a march back to the others!" He was in such a saucy mood, not feeling his age at all and on top of his game. He'd missed the chase, the thrill of winning. Ahh, but this was the life!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:40 pm
The sound of his running paw steps hit her ears and her heart beat faster, jumped to her throat all at the same time. No, no, no. This was bad. This was really bad. A whimper of pure fear ran through her as she unsheathed her own claws to get more traction, jumping over rocks and brush. No, Aekea didn't know this area, so this was going to be much more difficult.

He wasn't bumbling and slow like she'd prayed to the gods he was. He was really agile and obviously strong by the way he was running. Still, like a scared rabbit, Aekea started zigging and zagging, wanting to get away from him. All she was doing, however, was skidding on the small rocks and pebbles, nearly toppling her over a couple of times. Every time that happened, she scrambled to her paws as fast as she could. Those eyes were wide in fear and scanning the area for something.... THERE!

Taking a running leap at one of the dead trees, the lioness shimmied her way up as best as she could. Tree climbing wasn't something she'd done often, but if it got her away from him, she would climb ten of the highest trees.

"I'm not your p-pet!"  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 pm
Gods and spirits damn it! He'd not swept her off her feet as he'd planned...but ah! He HAD treed her. That was something. He was far too large and heavy to climb up after her, and he was admittedly impressed as he circled below at the speed she'd had in going vertical. She had a mind as well, obviously. It'd been a smart move really. He wound this way and that at the base of the tree, weighing his options. "You do not like the term pet? Very well. Give me your name then so I'll know what to call you," He demanded, still partially playful. He'd still have her, he was dead sure of it. "I am the reaver, Mahewa, and you'll be mine, pet or not," He concluded, making his choice.

The tree she perched in was upright, but dead and dryer than perhaps she'd thought. It'd made climbing easy...but that had only been a momentary shelter she'd soon realize, as he stomped off some distance, only to hurl himself bodily at the dry trunk. The wood creaked ominously, and splintered on one side. He was too heavy to climb, but just heavy enough to bash the tree down, and bring her falling with it. Would she leap down into his waiting claws or pray her swaying tower wouldn't crumble? Oh yes. He'd have her either way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Joy almost spread on her face as she realized he couldn't climb. A little laugh escaped her lips and she just watched him circle her and then walk off. Given up already? That was more than fine for the orange and yellow lioness. Aekea sighed slowly as she tried to calm her frayed nerves, only to feel something thump the tree and it splinter and crack with an echo that meant one thing.

This tree was going to fall. Aekea yelped has her claws dug into the dead bark, praying and hoping the tree was strong enough that it wouldn't break completely as he hurled himself into it.

"S-st-top that!" She called down to him, whining and whimpering. "I'm n-not... not your p-pet, you b-beast!"

Maybe getting out of the Pridelands was a bad idea. Maybe she should have stayed there. She could have eventually found a mate, right? Mwali wasn't that bad was he? He was older than dirt, sure, and she hadn't seen him in a while, but there was a grown litter there by her. She could have stayed with them. By the Gods, someone come to her aid!  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:01 pm
He backed up and ran to slam the tree again, eyes fixed upwards on her as she clung to the trembling branches. One more charge, perhaps... "I've said you'll be mine and mine you shall be," He reminded her. "If you do not wish to be a pet, then perhaps you will prove yourself strong enough not to be one. You will be my thrall. Now climb down and come along with me, or come crashing down the next time I charge and destroy your perch." He was ready for her to come down NOW. He stepped back, braced to charge - she'd taken too long, regardless of if she had meant to agree or not. He ran, bashing the tree with his shoulder, then reared up to lean his weight on the breaking point, making it tip slowly, slowly...

He watched as the tree shook one last time in defiance then began to collapse. He took quick steps beneath - he would catch her when she came crashing down. And he would not let got. But at least he might be able to spare her a crash to the hard dirt. "Will you not tell me your name, little bird? Sweet lady, my thrall, come down and tell me your name!!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 pm
And then like that the tree was falling and she took a leap of faith before it hit the ground. Aekea rolled as she landed, one paw twisting awkwardly, not enough for it to be sprained, but enough for it to twinge if she tried to get up right now. He had her, basically. Aekea was now caught as this, thrall, and she didn't know what to do.

That sounded menacing. She assumed it had to do with 'pet' which is what she would be. Swallowing thickly, she just shook her head. She wasn't going to answer him. He would have to drag her name out of her the hard way. What was truly shocking her, was that Aekea knew this wasn't how she usually acted. She was usually a good female, always did what was asked of her. However, living on her own for so long, she liked the freedom, and now that was gone. It wasn't going to happen.

But what if something worse happened...? What if he beat her. Stories flooded her mind about slaves being beat for defying the simplest orders. Swallowing thickly and resigning to her fate, Aekea finally answered him. "A...Aek-... Aekea..."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 pm
He stomped towards her as she lay where she fell. A shame. If she'd injured herself he'd carry her, but it wasn't what he'd hoped for. She seemed frightened, and he felt a little thrill of power. Of course, she'd lost and he'd won, but he didn't intend her to fear him. Simply to obey him and understand that he and any other freeborn or better would be calling the shots. "Aekea. Lovely." He nudged her in the side, urging her up and to her feet. "You'll come with me then, Aekea, and as long as you do as you're told no harm will befall you. You will come back to my pride with me, and you will join your fellow thralls." The smallest smile. "You won't be alone, and as long as you do your part to help the pride, I will make personally sure that no one so much as speaks harshly to you." His protective side was coming out now. He would guard her fiercely, for she had the luck (perhaps not in her eyes) to be his first capture. She'd be the item that won him his status, and he could be somewhat possessive.

"Have you injured yourself? I would advise against running again. The walk's not bad from here, but on a sprained leg it will not be enjoyable. And I will not be so gentle when I pounce next if you continue trying to run," He promised, looking back the way he'd come. There were shortcuts they could take to spare her a longer walk if indeed she was hurt. Right now he wanted to get back to the pride as quickly as he could. Others might come looking for the lone female, family, perhaps, or pride. He could fight them off easily enough, but there was a chance she'd get away. He wanted to secret her into his den, back to where there were freeborn aplenty to mind where she was. "Come along then, Aekea. We'll make what haste we can."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 pm
She just shook her head to the question and stood up again, favoring the paw a little. She could walk on her own and it would eventually stop hurting. Huffing a little, she just kept her eyes on the ground, not happy at all, by the looks of her fur, tail, and ears. Everything was slightly bristled, but she was in no shape to fight him.

At least he was making an effort to soothe her, even if it wouldn't work. Any lion that captured another for a slave was a horrible lion in her book. So she would be defiant by not talking. Maybe that wouldn't get her in too much trouble. Stupid big male literally throwing his weight around. Stupid tree for being dead. Stupid.... her for leaving the Pridelands.

It was a very bad day. Still, Aekea was going to follow this male, who's name she hadn't payed much attention to.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items