Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Soquili has a long history of speed events. In the past, we've had speed sales... speed customs... even speed breedings! Back in the day, we could stall Gaia itself with the force of our speed events. Thankfully for our blood pressure, we do most things by randomizer these days... most things.

Do you have a need for speed?

Race 1: Sunday March 16, 11:30 AM EST
Lily lady

Race 2: Wednesday March 19, 12:30 PM EST
Tribal gryph (wingless)

Race 3: Thursday March 20, 10:30 PM EST
Red mare

Race 4: Wednesday March 26, 6 PM EST
DOUBLE EVENT
Carousel mare
Carousel stallion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:48 pm
How this works

This will be a pretty straightforward game. There is a common form that will be used for all speed events, but each soquili that is given away will have something special you have to do along with posting the form. I might ask you to roll a certain die... or post a photo... or color the form green. Who knows! The first person to post a completed form wins the soquili!

I will post the special instruction along with my GO post!

Double event

The final speed game will be a double event... two soquili in the mix! Because this one is a little more complicated, I'm going to tell you the special instructions ahead of time. This event will require a partner. One partner will post their form. The other partner will quote the first partner, and add their form. The first pair to finish this wins the two carousel soquili!

You may only have one partner. If Person X and Person Y both post saying that their partner is Person Z, all three will be disqualified!

Rules

1. Follow all soquili rules and gaia ToS.
2. No mules! Participating with more than one account = instant disciplinary action!
3. Don't be a sore loser if you don't win! Discouraging behavior could disqualify you from future events.
4. PM Roniel Targaryen with any questions.
5. You MAY proxy for this event, but you must declare who you are proxying for in your post. You can only play for one person, be it yourself or someone else. Staff may proxy.
6. No post editing! I have access to the guild logs. If you edit your post... I will find you!
7. If you do not follow my instructions exactly then you will be knocked out of the running for a particular soquili. Example: If I ask you to randomize a number between 1-10 with your post, posts rolling a 10-sided die will not be accepted.
8. Behavior that is disruptive to the game (Such as jumping the gun and posting when I tell you not to) could result in your disqualification from this game. Please be careful, and follow the rules!

Here is the form that you'll be using! Remember, each soquili will also include a special instruction to do along with posting the form.
[color=green][size=18][b]GO GO GO[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b] (This should be your username, even if you're proxying)
[b]Are you playing for yourself or proxying?[/b] (You MUST include the name of the person you're proxying for if you are)
[b]Do you have a need for speed?[/b] (This is to give the form more character. Put whatever you want in this section!)

Use this form for the double event:

[color=green][size=18][b]GO GO GO[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b] (This should be your username, even if you're proxying)
[b]Partner's username:[/b]
[b]Are you playing for yourself or proxying?[/b] (You MUST include the name of the person you're proxying for if you are)
[b]Do you have a need for speed?[/b] (This is to give the form more character. Put whatever you want in this section!)

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 pm
Time-out corner

I hope I won't have to use this, but this area will be to keep track of people who break the rules and receive a time-out from this game. Things that could land you here: Posting when I tell you not to, post editing, bad attitude, other disruptive behavior.

Time-out list:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:36 pm
And... dates are up! Be aware that if scheduling conflicts pop up, I may have to tweak dates around some. Hopefully that won't be necessary, though!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:54 pm
wahmbulance wahmbulance ALERT! wahmbulance wahmbulance

If the Phoenix raffle doesn't get rolled prior to the speed game at 11:30 AM EST tomorrow... Please still try for the speed game (if you were planning to)! If you win the speed game and somehow win the Phoenix raffle as well, you'll be given the option to relinquish your speed game prize and claim the phoenix instead. In that case, I will pass the speed prize to the second-most speedy person.

Just be aware that this is a special exception. This is the only situation in the event in which you could give up a prize you have already claimed and win something else. We just want to make sure that everyone has the chance to win the lovely Phoenix lady... and I'd rather not reschedule my speed game, since it's sorta last minute.

biggrin I hope to see you tomorrow morning! Please note that I quite likely won't be online until 11-11:15ish AM EST. If you have questions, I'll try to get to them... but there will be limited time for questions tomorrow morning.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:02 am
User Image

Half an hour until the very first speed game! biggrin Here is a heads up on how this will work:

- Five minutes before 11:30 AM EST, I will post a five minute warning calling for complete thread silence (this thread, not the shop thread). Anyone found posting in this five minute period will be disqualified from this round.
- After the five minutes, I will use this website to try to get as close to 11:30 as possible. Then I will make a post with the special instruction and a big red GO.
- Don't forget the special instruction! Posting your form alone isn't enough to win!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:03 am
Feel free to post questions up until the 5 minute warning!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:11 am
And the phoenix raffle has been rolled! biggrin We may proceed with this game without any weirdness! WHOO!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 am
Just for clarification sake, the question about "need for speed" is for the special instruction?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 am
lilmissy4205
Just for clarification sake, the question about "need for speed" is for the special instruction?

That is just a goofy question that you're meant to put whatever the heck you want in it. XD

Gotta give the dry form some flavor!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:25 am
FIVE MINUTE WARNING!

Do not post anything else in this thread until I post the special instructions and GO!

Anyone posting in this thread from now until the GO post will be disqualified!

PM any questions you might have, and I'll try to answer them!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:30 am
User Image

Who would cross the Bridge of Speed must answer me these questions three, ere the pretty pony they see!

(Complete these questions and post them WITH your form! Don't quote the movie! Just answer for yourself!)

[b]What is your name?[/b]
[b]What is your quest?[/b]
[b]What... is your favorite color?[/b]

GO!!

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
GO GO GO
Username: Nikkichomp
Are you playing for yourself or proxying? Myself
Do you have a need for speed? Yes!!!

What is your name? Nikkichomp
What is your quest? Grow the Herd
What... is your favorite color? Purple  
GO GO GO
Username: Angelique DelaMort
Are you playing for yourself or proxying? Playing for me ^^
Do you have a need for speed? No….not really, I drive 5 miles under the speed limit

What is your name? Angelique
What is your quest? To WIN!
What... is your favorite color? Black  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Kettyn

GO GO GO