Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:18 pm
Quote:
User ImageDaska wasted no time in high-tailing to the nearest healer's den. That healer just so happened to be Gyllene; Daska thought her quite capable, and they had been friends for quite some time. He'd never tried to put the moves on her, and Gyllene always seemed thankful for that.

"Gyllene. I need help."

His voice was soft and held the harsh edge of pain mixed with concern. If his face was scarred, he'd no longer be quite as handsome as he was, and undoubtedly his brothers would make fun of him. Daska was not keen on such an outcome, and if there were scars, he would kill the outlander that had marked his face in such a way.

Quote:
User Image"Daska?"

Gyllene had been pottering about her den, accomplishing nothing of importance. It was the time of the week where she took a moment to inventory her goods and supplies. It was difficult to accomplish such an undertaking when her time was otherwise occupied, but such was the life of a healer.

Padding foward towards the large silver lion, Gyllene gave Daska a concerned look when she saw the bloodied marks across the bridge of his nose.

"Foolish lion. What happened? Come in, sit. Don't touch it, Daska, you'll only make it worse."

She began rifling through her various salves, sending Daska disapproving glances while she waited for his response.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:24 pm
Quote:
User Image"Gods damned outlander challenge. He bit my nose," Daska sounded outraged, and he was. His pride was also a little wounded, too.

"Dirty fighter, that one, Gyllene. Bit my nose, and I'm worried it might become infected." Yes, infection. It was much more masculine than fretting about the scars that might mar his pretty complexion.

"I've already dipped it in the water on my way to see you. It should be clean, but it hurts, Gyllene. I do not think anything is broken, but surely you have something that will prevent it from scarring?"

Well, the cat was out of the bag.

Quote:
User ImageGyllene did not laugh, though she did stifle a grin behind a well-placed paw. It was rather hilarious, though, to hear such a massive, manly lion very nearly beg her to prevent his wounds from scarring.

"It's good that you've cleaned it. I've got a salve here to prevent infection, I've just got to mix it with something for the pain."

Gyllene busied herself, turning now and again to glance over her shoulder at Daska.

"I hope you thumped him in the end, Daska."

She knew it wasn't probable. The Grei brothers never did seem to have much luck when faced with an askorun.

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:29 pm
Quote:
User ImageDaska shot Gyllene a look, one that promised retribution if she spoke of this to his brothers. She likely wouldn't. Well, he hoped that she wouldn't. It wasn't as if he'd lift a paw towards Gyllene; she'd never been anything but gentle to him, and for that he was very thankful.

Shifting on his feet, he watched the healer with great interest. The pungent aroma of healing herbs stung his nose, and he fought the urge to sneeze - especially since he had little doubt that it would hurt unbearably.

"It won't hurt, will it?"

He tried to sound as manful as possible.

Quote:
User Image"Nothing you can't handle, Daska," Gyllene assured the large lion, moving a large half-shell towards him. She was aware that he did not like to be touched, and so she made no move to apply the salve for him. It was plant-based and would take no extreme skill to dress the wound.

"A pawful ought to do it, Daska," she urged, watching him carefully. "I will help you if you need it."

She sat back on her haunches, tail curling delicately around her forepaws.

"You really shouldn't respond to challenges if you are so adverse to taking a beating," Gyllene remarked softly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm
Quote:
User Image"I did not thump him," Daska grunted, reaching out to take a pawful of the earthy mixture. It was thick and gritty but cool to the touch, and with great care Daska smeared it across the bridge of his nose. Almost instantly the burning stopped, and Daska let out a quiet little sigh.

"That feels better," he whispered, rubbing the salve into his wounds. Gyllene was skilled, Daska would be the first to admit it.

"I will continue to answer challenges," Daska continued, "even if they are not fairly fought."

He paused.

"This will not scar, will it? Gyllene?"

Gods.

Quote:
User ImageGyllene laughed, a bright tinkling sound.

"It will not scar, Daska. I have every confidence that you will not even notice the marks. You are over-reacting, I am certain of it. He could not have bitten you that hard, I think. So long as you keep it clean, and keep applying the salve, you will be fine."

The healer chuckled.

"Do not go looking for retribution, either," Gyllene added as an afterthought. "I do not think you will find yourself so lucky next time, should you come face to face with that particular outlander again."

She moved to scoop some of the salve into a large, flat leaf.

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:40 pm
Quote:
User ImageDaska grunted and wiped his paw off in the dirt that coated the floor of Gyllene's den.

"I did not even catch his name, but I told him that should I see him again, I would kill him."

Daska rose to his feet.

"I thank you for taking the time to help me this day, Gyllene." Daska paused and looked after Gyllene gratefully. "It does not need to be said that you cannot speak to my brothers of this."

He shifted his stance and waited for her response before taking his leave. Of course, if she said she planned on telling his brothers, he wasn't sure what he was going to do. In truth, all he could do was hope she wouldn't.

Quote:
User Image"Your secret is safe with me, Daska," Gyllene grinned and handed him the salve secured in its leafy pouch. "I hardly see your brothers as it is, and I am usually too busy dealing with broken thralls and other stupid reavers to deal with things as trivial as this; you should know that."

She waved her paw at the big lion.

"Now go. I have things to do, things that you have interrupted, and I'd like to get back to them. Apply the salve twice per day, morning and night, and in a weeks time I'd wager that wound will be healed over."

She watched Daska leave before turning back to her supplies, picking up where she'd left off before Daska had frantically interrupted her.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games