As many of you may know, Gaia came out with a feature where you can change your human avatar base to an animal base for free, and without any items, through your dress up page. Here is the original announcement, and here is the FAQ.

The main reason I'm bringing this up is because they've made [Animal] versions of a few of the existing items, which includes a couple of Were-Items with their Were-poses. So far, the only [Animal] Were-Items that have been released are Dumpling the Bear and North Kitten Star.

There are a couple of problems, namely that non-[Animal] items (normal items) can only be worn on the human base, while [Animal] items can only be worn on the animal base, which might mean buying and owning two copies of "the same" item.

There are also some advantages, mainly if you only use the Were-pose. For one, you have a serious price advantage. At the moment, the [Animal] version of the Were-Items are hovering around 6 to 8 million, while the originals are 60 to 70.

There are also slight differences between how the Were-poses look. Both tend to "float" higher than the originals (not so much when sitting). The Flash Space animation can also apparently be widely different, namely with North Kitten Star, where the original would always face the wrong direction, but the [Animal] version seems to have been remade to fix it. It now has a different, though minor by comparison, glitch where the shooting star trail has been cut off slightly when moving downwards.

I'm assuming there are going to be more releases of these, so I'm going to make a list of them.

List of [Animal] Were-Items:

User Image Dumpling the Bear - Original

User Image North Kitten Star - Original
Note: The [Animal] Were-pose faces the correct direction when moving, unlike the original, which always faces the wrong way.