Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroes Of Justice VS. Villains Of Doom

Back to Guilds

A DC Comics Roleplaying Guild 

Tags: DC Comics, Comics, Superman, Batman, Superheroes 

Reply The Historical Archives (Regular Threads)
The Time to Bury the Hatchet for good

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian of Gotham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 am
The War against Apokalips caused many casualties. Thousands of lives lost. The Public opinion of the Justice league and all meta human vigilante's was at an all time low. President Lex Luthor was at the forefront on this war on Metahumans and was currently seen as "The man who saved the world." And many bridges and friendships were burned. Batman had a major revelation after his near death experience at the hands of Kristov Kruger. What he was doing then was not good enough. He had to be faster stronger and much more harder on criminals. No crime left unpunished and his reservations were now at an all time low. But he also realized that to put this new line of justice he had in mind in full effect, he wouldnt have to just be proactive as Batman, he would need to be Proactive as Bruce Wayne.
Battling Bowman

To be perfectly honest, Bruce Wayne never liked Oliver Queen. He was reckless, brass and let his emotions get in the way to often in missions. When he chose to leave the League, Batman did not bat an eye, their last encounter before that certainly didnt help his view on him. But Bruce would not deny that Oliver, much like himself, had influence on his city. And with a growing threat to all heroes on the planet under the rule of President Luthor, Bruce knew that the hatchet had to be buried. Using an Alias to sneak in a meeting with Oliver, Bruce waited in his office for Queen to arrive.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:20 pm
Guardian of Gotham

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oliver Queen emerged out of two sleek onyx colored doors, as the sound of conversation was still taking place in the background. Oh, how he hated politics. Glancing back over his shoulder towards the bickering that continued, he could tell this was going to be another long, tiresome day. He needed a mental break away from all the damned politics. Waving off a secretary that walked towards him, he reached up to rub away a tension headache that just threatened to strike hard with a vengeance. He heard her mention something about his two o'clock meeting. The time registered, but the mentioning of another meeting did not. He was already involved in a meeting. Either his secretary was confused or he was already feeling the symptoms of that tension headache. Moving past the secretary he made entry into his office. Promptly shutting the door quietly behind him. Leaning his back against the door. One hand applying pressure along his sinus region the other still slightly lingering on the door knob. His office was quiet, a place for him to come and re-gather his thoughts. However, while applying pressure along a pressure point. He could tell he was not alone. Focusing completely on everything going on, he could tell that there was someone else there. If this person was going to attack him, they would have done so when he made entry. Lifting his head up and over towards the direction of the person's breathing he heard. There he saw, in the flesh, Bruce Wayne. His piercing blue eyes squinted slightly, as he stared at him in a confused manner. Allowing everything the secretary stated in the brief passing to sink in. Was Bruce his second meeting for the day? Regaining his composure, as he had already used his shoulders to lift up and away from the door. His arms dropping down loosely along his sides, as he stepped out of the light over towards Bruce. Oliver disliked unexpected visits, however he had a feeling one day Bruce Wayne would drop in. That day had finally arrived, so it seemed. "Mr. Wayne, I hope I did not keep you waiting long?"  

Battling Bowman

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Guardian of Gotham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:32 pm
Battling Bowman

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bruce was never one to get flashy for business meetings. He simply wore one of his go to suits. He turned from looking out the window from Oliver's desk and smiled. Not at all, thank you for having me, Mr.Queen. He gave Oliver a firm handshake before looking out towards the view again. This city sure has improved in the past few years.. the last time I came to visit the headlines were claiming that it was worse than Gotham hehehe but since the likes of the Green Arrow have shown up its helped quite a bit, hasn't it? He looked to Oliver, awaiting a response but quickly continuing to speak. One could say the same about Gotham since the arrival of the Batman.. and yet our "President" thinks they all need to be caged up...tell me..what do you think of President Luthor's stance on Metahumans?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:49 am
Guardian of Gotham

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."You sound worried, Bruce. I've never known you to be the worrying type." Oliver just stared at Bruce, as he shook his head. He had left one room purposely to escape politics, only to find himself in another room filled with nothing but politics! Ha! He couldn't get a break even if he wanted one. He moved to lean against his desk, his hands hanging loosely on the sides of his pockets. As he wondered what Bruce's intentions truly were. Being that Bruce wasn't exactly a person to reveal everything out in the open all at once. He liked to pick at his topics, to get a feel of the situation before digging further. Nothing wrong with taking the safe route.  

Battling Bowman

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Guardian of Gotham

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:03 pm
Battling Bowman

Bruce looked to him. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about our country being ran by a man who has served time in prison on multiple occasions. He then looked out the window again. I try my best to avoid politics but I can't stand by knowing that if we let Luthor get his way of a Meta-human registration act that it will be all down hill from there. Do you know how the Holocaust started? Registration. Hitler made sure all Jewish citizens registered with the government and display badges and signs on their homes saying they were jewish. I'm sure you know how the story ends. I do not want to see America become the next Nazi Germany... and if this Registration Bill passes in congress then it might so begin. In the past you showed advocation for the green arrow as I have shown advocation for Batman and the Justice League, and despite what the media says, I refuse to believe that Luthor "saved" us from Darkseid without their help. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am hosting a Masquerade Ball at Wayne Manor. At the Ball I intend to voice my concerns and announce that I will be forming a group to repeal the Registration Bill. I was hoping you would join me in this fight for equality, Oliver.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 am
Guardian of Gotham

Oliver stayed silent as he observed how Bruce spoke towards him. The consistency of looking out the window as if he was nervous, made Oliver wonder what Bruce was afraid of. Perhaps he felt he was being watched? Big Brother was always watching people, listening in on conversations on phone lines as well as from cameras not seen or known by the public eye. No real secrets in this day and age were ever really safe. And Bruce should have known that! "Yes our President does have a colorful past. As we all know. That did not stop the public for voting him in... oh wait! That's right!" Oliver said with the snapping of his fingers. "No one had the balls to run against Lex Luthor. So why does it really surprise you that he is in office? The public truly believes that Lex Luthor is their savior, because of his actions taken to help stop the unknown forces of evil that damned near wiped the slate of the human race, Bruce!" It may of appeared that Oliver had raised his voice a few octaves but he did not. In his own manner he added a bit of sarcasm to certain topics he brought to light then. Crossing one arm over the other, as he continued to lean against his desk. He was taking what Bruce said to heart, but he was also weighing other cards. Oliver's poker expression, made it impossible for Bruce to really know what was going on in his mind then. Let alone the feeling as he felt on the topic on hand. Did Oliver want to see another Holocaust started? The honest answer? No. He needed sometime to think about this, that's what he was going to say. Why should Bruce place into play that tomorrow is his birthday, and because of this he wants this Masquerade Ball to be a night to remember by forming a group to repeal the Registration Bill. A bill that not only President Lex Luthor is involved with, as well as the US Government whom are urging to push into action sooner rather than later. "I will need sometime to think about this." Those words may have appeared empty and hollow, it was the best response he could provide for Bruce on such short notice. And Oliver really did need sometime to think on this subject, null over some thoughts he had. But needed to do so, alone.  

Battling Bowman

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Guardian of Gotham

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:31 pm
Battling Bowman

Bruce arched a brow at Oliver's sarcasm but said nothing. Oliver had every right to be skeptical. This meeting was more like a game of poker for the two. Oliver was keen on keeping his hand hidden and his chips close. Bruce was being just as cautious, but any man with power new that for things to work, some times you need to make big gambles. I understand, even if you do not agree with what I plan to do, I'd still be honored to see you at the party tomorrow. He walked up to Oliver, gave him a firm hand shake and headed towards the door. I..left your receptionist a token of good will for you. I hope to see you soon, Mr.Queen. With that, Bruce left. At the reception desk was a long box, inside the box was a classic styled bow made from red wood. Attached to the bow was a note that stated "I'm willing to start over if you are." The number of members in the Justice League were large. Of the members, only 15% of them knew the secret identities of one or more members, but Batman made it his job to know ALL the secret identities of all the members, current and former. Bruce played a large gamble. By exposing Oliver, he exposed himself. But he knew to get Oliver's help, mutual trust needed to be made. Bruce played his hand, now it was Oliver's turn to play his.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:16 am
Guardian of Gotham

Oliver watched Bruce make his departure from his office door. Finally seeming to swallow, let alone breathe after his colleague left. Walking over towards the receptionists' desk, he took up the package and returned back to his office. Once the doors shut promptly behind him he set the box down along his desktop. Staring at the package for a long amount of time before finally peeling back the layers, revealing a nicely hand crafted redwood bow laying within the box. The craftsmanship of the bow was exquisite. A fine gift. It was the note really, that captured Oliver's attention.

"I'm willing to start over if you are."

Lifting his eyes up and away from the gift, he moved to stand by the window that Bruce had been standing at. He couldn't shake the odd feeling he felt stir within, along with a chill that ran down his spine. He had already chosen a side, no going back now. He had flipped a coin, made a high stake gamble and chosen the path he felt was right. A path he felt was justified. Yet this conversation, weighed heavy upon him. He knew he would have to make a decision sometime.

Battling Bowman

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Guardian of Gotham

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:33 am
Bruce made it to his car, Alfred in the driver's seat waiting for him. Did the meeting go as planned sir? Bruce sat in the back seat and sighed. Oliver is holding back for some reason...it makes me worry. Alfred looked to Bruce before looking to the road and beginning to drive. I suppose the event will be cancelled then... Bruce looked to him again. No, send out the invites. We can't give up a fight before the bell even rings.  
The Historical Archives (Regular Threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games