Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<A> Fell Out Of The Nest (Xun/Kyrie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ceedabear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:04 pm
Kyrie blinked a little at the mention of a son. She had not realized that Uncle Xun had a son.
"Your son?" she questioned with a tilt of her head. "So you decided to help them because of your host and the temple and... your son? Would you have helped them if you had not had those things to guide your decision?" she asked as she shifted to tuck her legs carefully beside her on the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 pm
"Yes, my son. He was born a long, long time ago. Before the gods faded. I did not remember him at first." In many ways, things in between he and Hai Cheng were still a bit nebulous, though there was care and mutual respect in between them - he could tell, however, that Hai Cheng was still looking for the Ti Lung he had been, though Kawagiri did not truly exist anymore. He was that god, but he was also so much more than that god.

"I think I would have tried." Xun admitted. "If I had a way to know how things where there." Though even with a different host, the refugees would have found him and spoken of their pleas eventually. He could only imagine he would have tried to do something, if only because he was not to type to not want to help someone. "I do not like seeing people suffer. It might be necessary for the balance of all things, but... my role in that balance is to ail those wounds."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:30 pm
"I don't like watching suffering either. It is hard to come to terms with it sometimes, especially when so closely linked to death. You see it more than you would like," Kyrie nodded in understanding. Though she liked that her brother seemed to help ease that sort of suffering. Mortals were still sad for the loss, but they seemed a little better after holding a funeral for the departed. She had in a small way when she and Isidore had found Maggie's dead mother and laid her to rest. "Do you think I could ever go with you to visit Azeroth Uncle Xun?" she asked and looked up at him with a bit of hope in her blue eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:44 pm
"Sometimes you just can't do anything about it, though." Not even he could cure death. He could fix a great deal many things, yes, and prevent a few of them, but sometimes there was other choice but to let life follow it's course. There were things that were even beyond a god's control.

"I am sure you could." He pondered this for a moment. Would it be better to ask for permission with her parents first ? Kyrie was technically grown, sure, but perhaps he should ask just to be sure. "We can go see my temple and you can meet my son sometime soon, if you would like that ?" She would love the vale, now that it was thriving again.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:57 pm
Kyrie's feathers puffed a little with her excitement when he said she could go.
"I would love to meet your son and to see your temple. I have only ever been to my mother's temple before. It is beautiful and precise," she breathed with excitement. She was certain his son would be pleasant to meet as well. He had to be with a father like Xun. "When are you going to go again? Can I go with you to take these little guys back home?" she asked and gestured to the whelps exploring his gardens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 pm
"Well, that depends. Am I allowed to wisk you away ?" He said, quite amused indeed. "I certainly would hate to have your mother on my case. There is nothing scarier in the world than an angry mother, but you already know that well, won't you ?" He laughed.

"There little dears have to go to the opposite side of the world, so to speak." And that wasn't even an exaggeration. Weither Kyrie would enjoy Dragonblight was also debatable - it was covered in snow, old dragon bones, and little else of true interest other than the abandoned alliance and horde camps.

For now the little terrors had settled into a rough pile and most of them had dozed off.

"So how about you go ask your mother just to make sure all my scales remain where they are, I get those little guys back home, and we go tomorrow ? There are more little ones that will be more than happy to swarm you down there, I promise."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 pm
Kyrie couldn't help the slight pout as he basically said 'go ask your mother'. She did not want to have to ask her mother. She wanted to be free to stretch her own wings. Though... he did have a good point. She had seen her mother angry before. She did not much care for bearing the brunt of that. She also did not like upsetting her mother in general. It made her feel really bad. Breathing in deeply, she nodded her head in resignation.
"Okay. I will ask her. Though I am sure she will say yes. I will be perfectly safe with you," she smiled and laid on the charm a bit. It never hurt to try to butter one up to try to get a different answer than the one you had received. It occasionally worked in your favour.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:01 pm
Unfortunately for Kyrie, Xun Jiang would not be swayed so easily. He had countless sons and daughters, after all, and he was quite used to such tactics. There had been many who had tried them a looooong time before it had dawned onto Kyrie to try it.

"Of course you will be." He smirked, that little glint in his eyes betraying that he was onto her game. "But you are still a daughter, and parents do worry." He snorted. Did he ever know that !

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 pm
Kyrie pouted again as her ploy failed, though she quickly shook it off. It would just be a matter of formality after all. She knew her parents wouldn't deny her the chance to travel with her Uncle Xun. He would certainly keep her perfectly safe.
"Okay. I will ask her. But after I am through helping you here!" she declared and turned her attentions to the dozy whelps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 pm
Xun Jiang let out an amused snort. "certainly. They will demand lunch once they wake up."

Hungry whelps were, indeed, noisy whelps. Though for now, they still had some sort of peace.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas