Welcome to Gaia! ::

An Artist And Art Collectors Paradise

Back to Guilds

art, artists, aviart, collector, 100 days 

Tags: arts, friends, artist, event, collector 

Reply Archived
[100-day] Auction | Twisted Fairytale | Closed (ABed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should be the AB?
  None...
  300 mil
  500 mil
  1B (billion!)
  2B
  I will post my idea.
View Results

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:20 pm
II Little China DoLL II
So, with how things are going to go....

1. She will assign characters, or we will pick the characters she throw at us.

2. Checking in with the buyer every once in awhile... this is at your own discretion and pace. I like to check in with each step, but that's because I want them to be truly satisfied-- this is not something you have to do!! (I check in when I'm finished with a sketch, line art, and flat color.)

3. Make sure you WATERMARK everything when you present it to her -- this is for safety reasons, not because we don't trust her. It also prevents theft from other people that are stalking our thread-- I want to limit everyone to posting in the thread, but if you are more comfortable with PM with her... then I don't think I have the right to limit you. Just know I don't know what is going on in PM, and if you run into trouble, I might not be able to help you properly.

4. When you're done, please email me (lcdollie@gmail.com) the final product. DO NOT POST IT ANYWHERE ONLINE YET!!! I know you're excited, but please wait off. I will slap all the art together, watermark it, let her know we are all finished, and when she completes the trade, I will ask that you upload it to your dA/tumblr/whatever gallery you wish to present her to full version of the art. This is a safety reason once again, it's to protect ourselves. Again, not because I don't trust her, it's because this is business........ and there's a lot of gold at stake xD;

5. If you have any questions, please do not hestitate to ask! ;D
Sounds good to me!

Just so everyone knows, the buyer has posted the characters she wants us to draw in the thread. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:04 pm
S0U
sounds good~! Mind if I pm you the art instead? o+o

Yeah, that's fine. I wouldn't mind even the watermark thing on dA and then have you remove it afterwards 3nodding

Red_Head01
About how long, would you say, do we have to finish these?

Preferably before the end of the 100-day event... deadline: day 99? ouo;;  

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:13 pm
What she posted on page 63; and it's also on the front page of the auction:

I'll go in order, too. OKAY LET'S GO

SOU:
I would reeeeeeeeeally like it if you'd draw my Madoka Witch, Taya le Defenseur (colors best shown here. That design is humanized, and as such, doesn't need to look exactly like it. However, if you'd like a crack at drawing the original witch/have her in the background, I'll put that info under a spoiler.

INFORMATION IN SPOILER:
This Witch is based on deceit. It's not simple lies, but lies regarding emotion. She wished to help others at first, but was neglected when others assumed she could help herself. She covered herself up with masks (all positive emotions; laughter, embarrassment, happiness, etc.) to hide her true self and build up a barrier. She felt like she was a marionette, being dragged around by strings by everyone she knew.

Her barriers were flimsy, but elaborate. They held no weight, hence the cage-y, minimal embroiders around her body. Her root of self was her one hobby she enjoyed the most - fencing. So an epee is her root, as that was the one place where she could be herself, and she desperately tries to hold onto that. She's afraid to move, as if it may rattle the epee and remove it.

SO, please make sure her body is of a marionette's, and if she's not holding up a mask, the face is incredibly angry, full of sorrow, or full of fear. Make sure the sword in the cage is an EPEE. Otherwise, you have free reign.

If you want to take a crack at the actual witch form, it won't be nearly as wordy and it's under this spoiler too.
The design is not final, so you can edit it as you wish as long as you keep the general idea.
The epee being the root is still very much the theme, but there are many, many pairs of arms - some take care of the mask barriers and hold them up in front of the "real" face, others manipulate the marionettes, and one pair covers the face as another barrier. Someone drew a quickie for me here as an example.

It doesn't have to be human-esque; some witches aren't human-esque at all, some are extremely humanoid. It's all up to how you want to interpret it. If you just want to tackle this INSTEAD of a human form, that'd be fine too! Just let me know.

CUPCAKECHAN:

Okay this was a REALLY HARD CHOICE but I'd like for you to draw NVR, my Rick Astley mp3 program for TRON (Shuuuut uuuuup omg.) While that reference is almost perfect, please make sure that the white circuits/lines glow, similar to this!

He's one of those smooth gentleman types, but not ******** creepy (like about half of those "smooth" ""gentleman"" types are). He's very well-spoken and always respects whoever he comes across. He even runs his own little nightclub (more like a lounge than anything) in TRON City.
He's a shitty liar -- like, the best he can do is "twist the truth." After a lie got his love interest killed, he found that he just couldn't do it. Doesn't help that he still pines for her, too.

SHESTVAL:

I would really love for you to draw Charu, my Deer Woman! ; w; ngl she's one of my favorites. If you can't, I totally understand, just let me know!!

She tends to be really hard to anger; she's quiet, rarely contributes to conversations, but she always listens. She remembers things extremely well.
However, when you DO anger her, it's kind of a near-death sentence. Her anger knows no bounds, especially if you're a cheater/adulterer. If she catches you in the act or is the one that instigated it (as some Deer Women do), she'll trample you to NEAR-death instead of actual death. She feels as if it's far crueler.

She embraces who she is, and doesn't mind any nay-sayers. (Can you tell I love her because I do.)

FREAQUE OF NATURE:

I'd also like you to draw NVR; I'll put his information under a spoiler so it doesn't clog this too much.
NVR, my Rick Astley mp3 program for TRON (Shuuuut uuuuup omg.) While that reference is almost perfect, please make sure that the white circuits/lines glow, similar to this!

He's one of those smooth gentleman types, but not ******** creepy (like about half of those "smooth" ""gentleman"" types are). He's very well-spoken and always respects whoever he comes across. He even runs his own little nightclub (more like a lounge than anything) in TRON City.
He's a shitty liar -- like, the best he can do is "twist the truth." After a lie got his love interest killed, he found that he just couldn't do it. Doesn't help that he still pines for her, too.

PUGNACIOUS BANANA:

First off, you have the best username ever. Second, Daisuke is my pick here. You're good at creepy.
And he can be pretty creepy.

He's a lovable dude, but that's not what we're focusing on right now. Daisuke is a Noppera-bo, a faceless ghost, and he's of Japanese descent. He's a tour guide for a haunted forest in a theme park. He normally carries a lantern, but honestly, there's no set design since he keeps breaking them. Good job, Daisuke.
He speaks quietly. He knows how to scare a crowd. And he saves his reveal of himself until the very end, just to scare them shitless and have the crowd tear back out into the theme park, unsure of who to trust. He loves his job and sees nothing wrong with pranks.

He refuses to actually HURT anyone, however. He just ups his creepy factor about twenty times to truly scare someone.

RED_HEAD01:

I'd also like for you to draw Taya! I'll put ALL OF THAT under a spoiler, so there will be spoilers within spoilers. Fun times.

I would reeeeeeeeeally like it if you'd draw my Madoka Witch, Taya le Defenseur (colors best shown here. That design is humanized, and as such, doesn't need to look exactly like it. However, if you'd like a crack at drawing the original witch/have her in the background, I'll put that info under a spoiler.

INFORMATION IN SPOILER:
This Witch is based on deceit. It's not simple lies, but lies regarding emotion. She wished to help others at first, but was neglected when others assumed she could help herself. She covered herself up with masks (all positive emotions; laughter, embarrassment, happiness, etc.) to hide her true self and build up a barrier. She felt like she was a marionette, being dragged around by strings by everyone she knew.

Her barriers were flimsy, but elaborate. They held no weight, hence the cage-y, minimal embroiders around her body. Her root of self was her one hobby she enjoyed the most - fencing. So an epee is her root, as that was the one place where she could be herself, and she desperately tries to hold onto that. She's afraid to move, as if it may rattle the epee and remove it.

SO, please make sure her body is of a marionette's, and if she's not holding up a mask, the face is incredibly angry, full of sorrow, or full of fear. Make sure the sword in the cage is an EPEE. Otherwise, you have free reign.

If you want to take a crack at the actual witch form, it won't be nearly as wordy and it's under this spoiler too.
The design is not final, so you can edit it as you wish as long as you keep the general idea.
The epee being the root is still very much the theme, but there are many, many pairs of arms - some take care of the mask barriers and hold them up in front of the "real" face, others manipulate the marionettes, and one pair covers the face as another barrier. Someone drew a quickie for me here as an example.

It doesn't have to be human-esque; some witches aren't human-esque at all, some are extremely humanoid. It's all up to how you want to interpret it. If you just want to tackle this INSTEAD of a human form, that'd be fine too! Just let me know.

For the bust, I'd like Kokumo! She's a typical middle-school tweenage brat, and while she can be pretty nasty sometimes to everyone else, she's tolerable to her friends.
She's an Emere. But, no, she does NOT have the seductive powers. She's like 12.
Being powerful, however, she has learned to make her eyes go pure white; if you want to do that, go right ahead. She normally only saves that for when she's really angry, though.

DoLL:

I am going to ask you to draw two magical girls kicking a** (as friends -- it's waist-up, yeah, but a back-to-back battle pose would be awesome), and since like four people canceled on me for this, please understand. gonk It's a gift for my friend, and I've known her for eight years.

The two girls are shown here and here.

First one uses an epee/rapier, second one uses tonfas.

And for the first, PLEASE do not shorten her skirt. It's meant to go to the bottom of her calves. 3: I've been very uncomfortable with people doing that sort of thing. I don't care if you make the boots longer, but please keep the skirt the same length.

------------------------------

I THINK THAT IS EVERYONE
I THINK
Let me know if I got anything wrong, you can't do what I requested (since my requests can be complicated I will not be hurt), etc. ; w; Thanks, guys, I'm really excited!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 am
Hey everyone, I just want to check in where you are on your art! We've still got some time but it never hurts to touch base. (Plus I'm likely to finish my piece tomorrow XD)

For those participating in the 100 days event, would it help you to allow to auction piece to count as a "request"? Or do we think that's unfair to the other people in the event? I just don't want anyone to be too overwhelmed.

Dollie, can you keep a running tally of who has sent you their finished art?  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:40 am
Cupcakechan
Shestval
Freaque of Nature
Pugnacious Banana
Red_Head01
S0U

I will be sending trades to you as auction artist first... and then I'll be sending gold again to you if you are one of the ones who completed the 100-day event! ;D

Thank you so much, everyone, for such a great event! Great job!! Seriously, you guys deserve this! I hope we can do this again next year! <33  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 am
II Little China DoLL II
Awesome!

Can we send out the trades for the Event participants and mods tomorrow? The Event ends tonight. :3 As it currently stands, we've got 10 people who are going to win the event assuming nothing goes wrong, and 1 who may get a consolation prize (she's got five pieces to turn in today... it's a lot, but doable, so we'll see). And then we have the 3 mods.  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 am
Shestval
II Little China DoLL II
Awesome!

Can we send out the trades for the Event participants and mods tomorrow? The Event ends tonight. :3 As it currently stands, we've got 10 people who are going to win the event assuming nothing goes wrong, and 1 who may get a consolation prize (she's got five pieces to turn in today... it's a lot, but doable, so we'll see). And then we have the 3 mods.

Well, yes, I wasn't going to send trades for the participants immediately, lol. I figured it would be easier to split the gold into an even 12 (participates and mods; bringing a total of 41.666mil each) and if Pink finishes, I was just gonna shave 1mil out of each person as consolation prize (which gives her 12mil).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:21 pm
II Little China DoLL II
Shestval
II Little China DoLL II
Awesome!

Well, yes, I wasn't going to send trades for the participants immediately, lol. I figured it would be easier to split the gold into an even 12 (participates and mods; bringing a total of 41.666mil each) and if Pink finishes, I was just gonna shave 1mil out of each person as consolation prize (which gives her 12mil).
Sounds good to me!  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items