Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
DnD? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 am
User Image
And now the Cerberus, it stands;
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;
I watch to hear that melancholy dirge.

Okay, so pretty straightforward here. .3.
Anyone play DnD?
I've been working on creating a world that I've gotten pretty decent feedback on and I would like some input on it, but I would prefer the input from someone who has a history with the game. I just got into it last year and really enjoyed it to the point I wanted my own world to warp and stuff.
I may have issues.
But yeah, I've gotten decent feedback so far, so if anyone's interested in reading a couple things I've put together, and give me some input or even throw ideas my way, I'm up for it, buuuut I'd prefer to know if anyone here actually plays.

I know it's true, my love for you;
I jumped into the depths of Hell;
To save you from these rotten swells;
And still, you sing that melancholy dirge.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm
I wouldn't call myself a D&D player, really, since I've only been part of one session, but in that one game I got a really solid grasp of the game, and have had many in-depth discussions with the friend that invited me to that game, and he has been playing for years.

Fairly recently, though, I started working on making a system for my own table-top RPG, since current generation rules for D&D suck, and have that friend as well as another collaborating with me to develop it.

If you'd like to share your idea, feel free to do so via PM or contact me on Steam (my account is Butt Soup).  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:16 pm
yesm, my partner DMs and I play, but we have been busy and don't have many friends that live near us. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:52 pm
I've never been one to really play DnD, though recently I've been REALLY into Pathfinder (the alternative to DnD 4th ed.) Some time everyday, sometimes 8 hours pouring over Feats and a character sheet. got a good community here on the college campus that also plays, so if you have questions I'll try to be open to answering them. And if I can't give a good answer, I'll ask around as well.  

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm
Well in that case, if you guys wanna read up on it I can just post it in this thread. What I have, that is haha. I gotta write a synopsis of the world but after that, I'll be able to share it with you guys. It's far from done, and I'm only about a 6 months into it, but it's a work in progress I'm gonna follow up on. I really like the concept of my world, but that's from a non-constant dnd player's mindset. People who like regular dnd may not because they're more experienced but hey, maybe I'm wrong haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:14 pm
Generic Infantry

I might just do that! haha

AmeliaParadox

good news for you then, if you have internet friends or whoever go to roll20.net and you can make a campaign there, warning though, the map design can be tedious if you don't just use a blueprint format. my blueprint map I made on it took 30 minutes and was kinda shoddy, my friend used clipart and stuff and it took him well over a week :c

open fire52

That works cause the format for the game I'm playing is mainly 4e, but it could hypothetically be changed for 3.5 or whatever haha. And all I'd be looking for is just input on a fantasy world that I'm using for dnd, if you like fantasy then you're all set on what you would need to know to understand it c:  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:30 pm
The Lore(mostly complete)
Legends of the World of Crescendia

Legends of the World of Crescendia

1; The Creation

Millenia ago, there was the Void. The Void was all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful. However, the Void was also alone in its own vastness. It created many worlds and many lands, and it knew all that happened in each world. It watched each plane, it listened to the song of each bird, and it memorized.

Eventually the Void wanted to speak as well. So it went to a planet that had not been established by intelligent life yet, and it began to mold and shape the planet. It created deserts, dry and vast. It created forests, both deep and exotic. It created mountains to touch the sky, and valleys to explore the depths of the planet. The plains It created were wide, and to live in these plains, It created a race of beings: humans.

It let the humans begin to develop, but soon the humans began to grow hungry, for It had not created sustenance for the humans to live on. It saw, and It knew, and within seconds, the planet teemed with plants and animals that were edible. These plants it had spawned were delicious, filling, and ripe year round. The animals were tender, juicy and abundant. The humans never knew death, never knew the end of life, because It did not will the death of Its most prized creation.

2; The Destruction

It nurtured this race of humans, until in time they became fat and lazy, looking only to laze about instead of appreciating the life that the Void had given them. The humans built altars, temples, statues to themselves and the greatness they had. They grew cocky, and they knew no regret.

It grew tired of spending Its effort on the human race, and without thought, without warning, and without hesitation, the valleys began to fill with water. The humans climbed to the mountains, in attempts to flee. They crawled into their temples, in attempts to flee. They pled, and cried, and ran. But soon the floodwaters rose high enough to wipe out the human race. However, a pleading voice arose from the waters. A single human had made a raft. Though tiny, the Void, all hearing and all knowing heard the voice. "Please... Though we have sinned, though we have become evil and corrupt, some of us understand the gift we have been given. Allow me to be an apology for the rest of them. I will give up my own life to allow the rest of them to live!"

3; The Recreation

The Void heard, the Void listened, and it allowed this. It churned, and the man was taken into the Void, his very spirit churning with It, weaving into It. Many years passed. To It, time is nothing. It waited. It watched. And it decided. Slowly, the waters lowered. The peaks of the mountains came out of the watery abyss, and descended. It then sent down a beam of light, and it struck the largest of the temples. Four figures stepped from the light,

Each was stood in a circle. The first took the shape of the final savior of mankind. He was called "Sygan, the Maker". The first represented life. When he spoke, his breath brought forth life. His breath allowed plants to bloom, animals to breed, humans to live, and sustenance to flourish.

The second took the shape of a beautiful elf, tall in frame, hair dark as the Void itself. She was called "Gemm-An, the Demolisher". When the second spoke, her words sent out decay. At her will, life would end. At her word, the creatures would end. At her whim, buildings would become rubble.

The third took the shape of a female, wings ablaze with pride and glory. She was called "Ryns'uho, Archon of the Light".As the third spoke, she let out relief. She sent good into the world. She sent the light of the day, the judgement of the holy, and the angels to serve her every whim.

The last took the shape of a cyclopic tenticular mass, writhing with hatred. His name was "Tec'Lunt, the Defiler". When the fourth spoke, his word brought evil. The corrupted rose through the cracks of the earth, the weak became oppressed, and the demons were created to serve every purpose he could muster.

From the middle of the four Gods, two orbs rose into the sky. One shone brightly with the flames of glory and wrath, the sun named Phoenix. The other orb went to the opposite side, and was a pure white, yet giving off a soft light. It was the moon, Sin. These two were the Judgment, who wrought changes on the unworthy.

4; The Divinity

For years the Gods lived among its inhabitants, watching as they grew, involving themselves with the mortals. The Void saw this as It sees all, and wanted the life on the planet to develop on its own. It was curious if the denizens would grow the same, arrogant and lazy and ungrateful. So after centuries of the Gods living on the mortal plane, the Void crafted a realm for the gods themselves, so they may observe, but not involve themselves in the dealings of mortals.

For Sygan, the The Eternal Gardens were created, a land flowing with rich soil, foliage aplenty, and animals roaming far and wide. For Gemm-An, It crafted Necrom, a realm of dead trees and carcasses, and the life in this plane was skeletal, grim and parasitic. For Ryns'uho, Delmarria, a city among the clouds was crafted. The buildings were made of gold, no shadows existed, and angels flew on gilded wings. Tec'Lunt, the Defiler was given a plane of complete darkness, which It named Vacuos. This realm too had creatures, writhing and toxic, crafted in their new master's image.

Over time the population forgot of their gods, and the Gods watched, but could do nothing. The Void looked down to its people and saw that slowly over time, the Sentient Races would decay without some form of leadership. It allowed the four to split their souls into multiple pieces and create their divines to allow indirect leadership. It would let the demigods involve themselves with the Sentients, meddling in the affairs of all of the races, but in return would have to attempt to balance their power.

From each of the four realms came a light that split into seven apiece, encompassing the plane. Each light was the presence of the Divinity, and each Divinity represented its original soul in multiple, varying ways.

5; The Walkers

Over time, the Sentients grew more intelligent and began forming societies, which the Void watched carefully. A problem arose when the Divinities began doing the same; some would kill mortals for no reason at all, while others tried to protect them. It watched over this, and saw that the Divinities also were gaining more power than intended, amassing armies of Sentients and using them to settle disputes among themselves. The Void saw that the Divinities wouldn't attempt to wipe out the Sentient Races, for without subordinates what purpose did they have? The Void knew though as it always does and always has, that something had to even out this power flux.

From this It created the Walkers, Sentients that walked among the mortal races in an attempt to even out power where it sprung up. The Walkers varied in skill, strength, race, and knowledge, but they always arose when one of the Divinities grew too strong. The Void preemptively knew that if a Walker were to know its identity it may choose not to assist against the Divinities, and instead follow its own path. As Walkers were needed, the Void would send them to the world, unknowing of their status or purpose, but would slowly guide them to where they were needed.

6; The Now

Since the creation of the Walkers, the Sentients have lived in the balance. Wars have arisen, sentients died, yet the Divinities remained, balanced in check by the Walkers. And so it will continue, lest the Void lose interest in its creation once again, and decide to demolish all It created, for It was eternal. It could recreate what it wished. And in turn, it could destroy what it wished.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm
The Deities
Prime gods

Harmony
-Rynsuho
Discord
-Tec'Lunt
Life
-Sygan
Death
-Gemman

Demigods

7 Discord

Hatred
-Rydnat
Desire
-Tacena
Liar
-Meyn
Greed
-Kna'at
Envy
-Ahjo
Vanity
-Jyhedo
Terror
-Dannun

7 Harmony

Justice
-Vomdusi
Hope
-Ruba
Wisdom
-Fectus
Courage
-Luinyka
Peace
-Bayla
Kindness
-Geht'hacc
Love
-Muja

7 Life

Magic
-Sykel
Fire
-Vena
Water
-Fydan
Air
-Yen
Earth
-Ayndr
Will
-Femm
Journey
-Zuinhao

7 Death

Decay
-Talyo
Pestilence
-Bacdemahla
Fear
-Vayn
Madness
-Syt'hacc
War
-Fyn
Famine
-Vyseha
Disaster
-Tecycdan

2 Neutral
Moon
-Sin
Sun
-Phoenix

Funeral Rites: 7 Death/Gemman
Marriages: 7 Harmony/Rynsuho
Ceremonial Rites: Various
Last Rites: Luinyka

Baptism: Sin/Phoenix

This is pretty much just scattered notes on the gods of the world. I tried making it fairly all encompassing so anyone who wanted a deity would have one that fit their character, regardless of what they play. And I'd be breaking the whole "worship this god only use this weapon blah blah blah" worship is unrestricted in this world  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm
Muse_of_the_soul

The magic about DnD is that you can do literally anything, whether it be High fantasy (fantastical as I call it) or mundane, where you're regular folk who just stand out a little more from others, trying to make your way and choose what to do in the world. I'm in a fantastical AND mundane campaign right now so I'm going both ways. Whatever you do, be imaginative. I'd really love to read about the plot/story and setting, what do you have in mind?

Edit: Oh now you post gonk Ignore this bit then  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 pm
open fire52
Muse_of_the_soul

The magic about DnD is that you can do literally anything, whether it be High fantasy (fantastical as I call it) or mundane, where you're regular folk who just stand out a little more from others, trying to make your way and choose what to do in the world. I'm in a fantastical AND mundane campaign right now so I'm going both ways. Whatever you do, be imaginative. I'd really love to read about the plot/story and setting, what do you have in mind?

Edit: Oh now you post gonk Ignore this bit then

lmao I was working on transferring files through skype, no worries. but read and quote me again and lemme know what you think? :3  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 pm
AmeliaParadox

good news for you then, if you have internet friends or whoever go to roll20.net and you can make a campaign there, warning though, the map design can be tedious if you don't just use a blueprint format. my blueprint map I made on it took 30 minutes and was kinda shoddy, my friend used clipart and stuff and it took him well over a week :c

We have map tiles, and lots of maps from 4th ed, could scan them and rehash them?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 pm
AmeliaParadox
AmeliaParadox

We have map tiles, and lots of maps from 4th ed, could scan them and rehash them?

yeah that should work actually
I just did the blueprint design cause it's faster, and I wanna grind out a lot of maps
My friend used tiles but he also had college and stuff in the way
If you have a lot of freetime though that might help xD  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
AmeliaParadox
AmeliaParadox

I just did the blueprint design cause it's faster, and I wanna grind out a lot of maps
I have college too, but my major is graphic design so its all pretty easy to do. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul

Alright finished reading it all. Amazing creation story. But what is the current setting of the world that your players/characters would be dropped into and experiencing? Is it very very shortly after the recreation or several thousand years later? What is the current stat of the state/country/continent/world?
I have the feeling you're holding out on me and have a lot more planned out already.  

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:03 pm
AmeliaParadox
Muse_of_the_Soul
AmeliaParadox
AmeliaParadox

I have college too, but my major is graphic design so its all pretty easy to do. cat_3nodding

hahaha well that's perfect then, huh? what edition do you play?
cause if you end up setting a round up and are looking for people sign me up
I don't have enough people that play really, and of the ones that do no one tries to actually play. they'd rather just ooc the whole thing and while there's nothing wrong with that, I kinda want a good adventure c:

also lemme know what you think if you read the stuff, I posted it a few posts up haha  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff