[Plot] Fishing for a cup (Kurt and Reis) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:56 pm
Tuatha Ri Lake, the last hint he had gotten was to come here. Sure it was logical to think there would be naiad in the largest body of fresh water, but there was the down side. Standing on the blissfully warmed shore, all he could see was water.

There was water everywhere and every sound drew his attention. The down side, was every sound appeared to be a fish or just the water motion. The lake was nice, always had been, He just never expected pae to live within and now he was looking for one.

With a deep breath, he lifted himself into the air with heavy wing beats. His wings displaced some sand in his immediate area and caused the water nearest to his now air born toes to ripple. With the slightly better vantage point, he put both hands on his brow to block the sun. He was looking or something, a hopefully friendly Naiad. Part of him wondered if he should have brought bait or if he could even get one to give him what he needed.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:29 pm
User Image

Despite the weather finally beginning to warm up, the surface was relatively quiet today. Reis, who never left the water, was staying true to that today, but she did go to the surface today to soak up the warm rays of the sun. As her head breached the water, her green hair floating idly looked like a heap of kelp. The rest of her followed, floating on her back and unaware that there might be anyone else about.

Any why would there be? She was far away from shore, away from any of the strange curiosities that were outside her watery home. Reis was even almost drifting off to sleep as she floated and let the waters gently rock her.

EvilSilverDragon

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:03 am
The mess of kelp didn't catch his attention long. He noted it, then kept scanning the water. He didn't need more for his girls, there was already plenty gathered from the ocean. It should have tipped him off, as a bundle doesn't just pop to the surface like that. However, it didn't and he disregarded it.

When he scanned back along the water, thats when he saw more attached to the kelp and began to doubt that it was kelp in the first place. Now that he was paying attention, it looked like very lovely shade of green for hair. Furrowing his brow, he started forward, hovering steady over the water.

The closer he got the more he could make out the strangest pae he had seen to date. Naiad, for thats all this could be, looked odder to him then faun. Not that he'd tell her that, she had more then one way to slap him if she so wished. He'd been slapped by fish tails before, her gorgeous tail would likely knock him cold if she could read thoughts.

As it stood, she didn't appear to be aware of him. So, he hovered a little further and to the side hoping to be out of range. There was no way he knew to catch her attention without risking startling her. "Miss?" he called to her then cleared his throat. So he had found one, now what?

Wolfs Heart
Sorry ahead of time, its my work weekend so I won't have as much time to post,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:27 am
EvilSilverDragon
It's ok, thought we could at least get it started smile

Reis sat up in the water upon hearing someone speak, she looked around for a fellow naiad. She wasn't even thinking about looking up due to how far away from shore she was. Despite being aware of the existence of winged, flying pae, she had never actually met one and though she had seen them far off on the shore, she was still not expecting one.

Strange, though, there was no one immediately around her. Perhaps she had simply been imagining things. Reis went back into position to floating on her back, although her eyes were open as she went to lay down on the water. That was when she saw the pae who owned the voice she really had heard. Reis eyes widened and as her body came to lay on the water, she kept going in a backwards flip and quickly descended back into the depths of the water.

Reis wasn't exactly afraid of the surface, normally she was quite adventurous, at least in regards to the water. However, she had been startled by the unexpected guest. As she made her way down, she paused. The pae had called to her... perhaps he was in need of something. She was typically a guide to naiad, not winged pae. Reis slowly began to swim towards the surface and poked her head from the water, to see if the pae was still there. It had only been a minute or so.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:15 am
Kurt waited for her to acknowledge him. She didn't seem to realize he was above her and he had started to call out to her again. That was until she discovered him and did probably the strangest thing he had ever seen anyone do in his life.

He was at a loss to describe just what she did short of panic and run. There was no blame, he had just surprised her. Knowing nothing of naiad behavior, he didn't rightly know if they were shy or not as a whole. Belatedly, after she had vanished beneath the waters, he reached out as to stop her.

It was too late and now he hovered at a loss. She was gone and he was no swimmer. With no other ideas, he stayed where he was, and was surprised to see her pop back up again. As soon as he saw her he tried again, "Hello?" There was a question to his tone because he was uncertain, uncertain if she would vanish again on him.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 am
EvilSilverDragon

Reis was feeling uncertain and conflicted. With her being slightly adventurous it was unusual for her to feel this sort of reluctance just because something was unknown. That was in the water though... which she was still in... but this flying male was not.

"Hello," her voice sounded formal rather then scared, "Welcome to Tuatha Ri Lake." Whether it was spoken as a mask of her fear, or just because those were lines that she had well rehearsed, or perhaps both, it wasn't clear to even her.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:57 pm
It was a huge relief when she didn't swim away from him again. She was the first naiad he had seen and without knowing how rare they were, he worried about losing what might be his only chance. His joy was shown in a big smile and a heavy relieved sigh. Not wanting to seem too pushing he started off with the usual pleasantries, "Hello, if you will forgive me miss, you are the first Naiad I have had the privilege to meet. I am Kurt and I apologize if I startled you."

He was flying a bow was hard to manage when keeping hoovered in the same spot was tough enough on its own. All he could do was bow his head and pull his back side up with his legs right out. In theory it looked like a proper bow, in practice it looked more like he was trying to sit in a sideways chair. Still, he did put effort into being polite to his new acquaintance.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm
EvilSilverDragon

Reis watched the male with a steady gaze as he spoke to her. "You are the first..." she paused, uncertain what to call him... feathered wings... that was an angel. She at least had the basic knowledge of surface things, even if she had no image to go with them. Reis committed this image to her mind. "...angel I have met."

She couldn't help but laugh at the funny and awkward way he seemed to move in the air, it wasn't anything like moving in the water, she could tell. "My name is Reis," she said when she had finished laughing. She wasn't going to attempt to do a bow that was half in the water and half out of it, it would be as awkward as his air-bow.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:33 pm
He grinned at her when she said he was the first of his kind for her to meet. He was one of the oldest of his kind as well, of the stories he could tell of a world well before her kind had appeared. That kind of thinking is what made him feel like he was a grandfather.

He'd made her laugh, that was always a good start, if he had to make a fool of himself to do it, then it was worth it. Laughing with her, he fixed his posture going back to mostly flying in one place with variations to the left or right, sometimes going a little higher or lower. "Pleasure to meet you, Reis!"

Now came the hard part, how to ask a stranger for something when he wasn't certain he could actually earn it from her if she was attached to it? "Reis, please forgive me for being so bold." For asking for anything from a stranger was bold of him, "I am looking for something and I hoped you be willing to offer a kindness and help me." He wanted something she may have, how she'd feel about parting with it was what worried him. He was as interested in staying on good terms with her as he was the item.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am
EvilSilverDragon

Reis tilted her head to the side, wondering what bold statement he might have for her of all pae. "You're looking for something?" she repeated back to him. It was ironic to her, because she was exceptionally good at finding things, at least underwater. She had a photographic memory of all the things she had seen, it made it easy to look back and find things. That was... assuming he wanted something from someplace she had been to before.

"You are looking for something or someplace in the lake?" It would explain why he was hovering over the water, and had approached her. He certainly wouldn't be able to get down to the depths on those lungs. Perhaps he had dropped something. Reis was already searching through her memories for any strange bobbles she might have seen that didn't make sense.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 am
She hadn't disregarded the idea, that was a good sign at least. He raised his left hand to scratch the back of his head as he struggled with the best phrasing. "You see, I am looking for a cup." It sounded mundane, just as the coin had previously. He had also learned from that encounter as well.

"It is a shell cup that I have been told only Naiads have. Might you have one that you'd be willing to part with?" The faun had treated her coin as very special, he fretted over if the naiad would as well. That and he hoped he'd get the right one if she was so willing. He knew so little of the quest before embarking. Had it not been for that teen, he'd have known nothing at all.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 am
EvilSilverDragon

A cup? Well that was easy enough, there was plenty of those around, they would hardly be missed. Though a cup was so common, he probably was looking for a specific cup, right? She waited for him to continue. A cup that only... ohhhhhh that cup.

It bothered her slightly... if she was the first naiad he had ever met, how might he even know about this particular cup that most naiad carried? It was clear on Reis' face that she was in deep thought about it. The idea of even getting rid of it.

It wasn't as if Reis even needed it, it was to keep naiad from drying out on land and she never went on land. "Is there a reason why you are looking for this cup?" It wasn't an unreasonable question, she thought.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 am
She asked a great question; unfortunately, he didn't have a great answer. "I am on a quest for the Guardians." There was no subterfuge, he answered as best he understood what was going on. The answer was enough, he believed, if she believed in the Guardians. Pretty much all the pae he knew either believed in, or were aware of the Guardians but all he knew were angels, demons and fae. With new kinds of pae, they may have their own beliefs and customs.

It seemed reasonable, while in the floating city he didn't see any faun or Naiad. "I belief the cup is meant to provide protection on land of some sort." Naiads didn't need it if that was the case, they had fins not feet. However, that wasn't the only reason he was interested in this quest when he had heard more of it. Worship to the Guardians was enough, but there was an added instinctive. "The item must be a token of knowledge shared, and would be a reminder of all I am allowed to learn." It meant a lot to him, not to be in the dark. He enjoyed the interactions he might not have ever had.

Before the fliers, he would not have had a reason to venture beyond the home and life he created for himself. Now, he had explored to the highest mountain and met kinds of pae he had never dreamed of. If he was allowed to keep the items, they would be treasures above measure.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:53 am
EvilSilverDragon

The guardians? Reis was confused, she lived her mostly sheltered life beneath the water and had no idea what he was talking about. She didn't understand how her cup would be involved in any sort of quest though.

He had some convincing points to his argument, but Reis still wasn't entirely convinced she should part with it. He believed he need it, and she didn't really need it. But why did he need it... and what would happen if there did come a day when she needed it... The naiad shifted uncomfortably in the water.

"I..." he was so polite about it, Reis was hesitant to even say no. It was difficult with reluctance on both sides, even more difficult with him hovering right over her. "Are you certain it is this cup?" she asked, trying to find any way out of it.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:42 pm
Kurt watched her, he could almost hear the wheels turning as she shifted in what looked like discomfort. Had he not needed the item it would have been easy to forget about it. The trouble was, he did need it and was unsure if he could find another Naiad again. When it was too late, he had no idea, but the risks were weighing heavily on the angel.

She asked another question he didn't have the best answer for, "I do not know. All I know about the cup is just about every naiad is supposed to have one small cup." At this point, he didn't even have anything of true value that he would trade for it. The times he collected would be needed and the orb thing he was not parting with.

"I" He could what, that was the question asking to trade opened a door to all sorts of trouble. "I could give you a feather? Something that holds some power and is part of me, for the cup?" His own feathers were the only things he had that was special to his race and about the only thing he could think of. Not that one would do her much good but it was about the best he could think to give up.

Wolfs Heart

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces