Submit

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It had been a quiet, peaceful morning. The sun hung low, a sleepy god's eye, letting weak shafts of sunlight yawn through the canopy above. It shone pleasantly on the many shallow pools that dotted the grove Pestilence called home.

He'd been busy today, and a dull ache had settled into his neck and back, the reward of a job well done. He'd patrolled since dawn, stopping at every pool to check on the bloated and broken bodies that festered just inches below the clear water. Whenever he found a part in a particular stage of decay, he would gently recover the poor shattered soul, be it animal or, rarely, a kin, from the pool and carefully lay it ashore.

From his thick fur had crawled his helpers, beetles with mouths so fast and delicate and each with a name of its own. Slowly, they would clean the bones of flesh, fur and scale, only to place them back in when the job was done.

Now Pestilence rested on a high flat rock that looked over his territory, resting, the scuttling of tiny legs soothing as he thought.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FrostyPeaches
There you go!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:20 pm
creepy smilee alert 8D User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Pestilence is beautiful User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The start of the day was quiet. A little too quiet. Half Alive purred loudly as it arched its back to stretch out its limbs. It then proceeded to wake its owner by lightly digging its front claws into the meti's tail and pulled hard. The doe felt the jerk and woke up, head twisted to the side, and glared at her ramcat for disturbing her sleep. She laid back down and closed her eyes. Half was determined to wake her up and tugged again. Kiss gave up trying to fall back asleep and climbed out of her selfmade ditch. To her, sleeping on soil was more comfortable than being sheltered inside a cave or between the undergrowth.

They had almost started their morning walk when the doe noticed a dark figure on top of a flat rock not too far away from where they stood. She did not remember seeing anything that was alive before she dug her ditch to sleep in last night. After careful deductions made in her mind, she concluded that it must have wandered into the area late at night while she was asleep.

Her natural mischievous smile spread across her face as she whistled for her ramcat to follow along. Eyes locked on her target the entire time, she gained a few thorn scrapes on her legs while she walked through the undergrowth, and managed to reach the flat rock where the creature was resting on. Beside it, she saw a few bugs having a feast as it ate the rotting flesh from a carcass.

Kiss cleared her throat of phlegm and cooed loudly as she hid herself against the rock, and waited for the creature to make its move.

Blinded By Silence
Blinded your intro post was lovely to read. I need to improve my rp skills.

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Moving however was not something Stil did often. He knew his territory like his beetles knew his fur, and, despite being upwind, the doe's appearance didn't escape his attention. But still, it was quite a few long minutes before the buck spoke, his head still resting on his forelegs, his acid eyes closed while he basked in the sun.

"May I help you?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FrostyPeaches
Thank you. <3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:35 pm
and so it began User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kiss stuck close to the rock and made a full loop around it before standing still. She wasn't the curious type that often but at the moment she wished that she could take a look at whom she's talking to. Especially since the buck did not bother to get up from the warm, sunlit rock.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. It's not like she was in distress to be in need of help from a stranger. "Have you ate yet?"

Blinded By Silence

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Again, long minutes passed before the buck who smelled of death and damp spoke. With a sigh, he lifted himself, acid eyes blinking in the sun. He stepped over to the edge of the rock and looked over at the golden doe below, returning her toothy grin with a raised eyebrow.

"I have always been here. It is you to whom that question should be asked."

FrostyPeaches

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:28 pm
and so it began User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a familiar smell coming from this buck. She sniffed the air and looked up. Were there dead bodies up there? Is that why he wasn't getting up?

She pressed her front hooves against the jaggedly side of the rock and eased herself up with her hindlegs trying to take a peek. At that moment, the buck's head came into view. It was breathtaking for she had never seen such a lovely colour on anyone before.

Mouth open in surprise, she quickly closed it and gave him a sly smile in return. "Well, I was just sleeping over there. Then I noticed you." She stared at his fancy mohawk and then at the markings around his eyes. "Made my way on over. Now I am getting hungry," she replied.

Blinded By Silence
oh yes always patiently waiting for this rp. <3

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He stared at her unblinkingly. Kin were such strange creatures, he thought to himself, coming in all different shades inside and out. Beguile crawled out of his hair and rested on top of his ear, watching, flittering her sea foam wings.

"There is nothing to eat here. Living things fear death and that is all you will find here."

He was silent for another long moment before he disappeared agian from her view only to fly above her and land a few feet behind her with a thud of hooves and the skittering of pebbles.

"This way."

He did not wait for her, but instead walked on, making his way around his pools to the edge of the treeline beyond.

FrostyPeaches
Sorry about that wait, my muse just died and I couldn't get anything done at all. Dx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Kiss of Death couldn't help but blink. It's not her problem to wonder why he wouldn't. The appearance of the little bug coming out of his hair didn't startle her.

"Hmm, what a shame. Thought you were hiding food up there so high to enjoy on your own." She waited for a response, and tucked her tail between her legs.

Soon enough, he jumped down and walked off without waiting. Quickly, she spun herself around and followed after him like a little curious foal. "Are we going hunting?"

Blinded By Silence
no don't be sorry. my muse died for anything soquili related. i am always excited for matope rp though. :D i don't mind people taking forever to reply!

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "If you eat meat," He replied without turning back.

Green hooves plowed forward steadily, lifting his nose to the wind, searching for the scent of any warm blooded thing. Females preferred hot blooded prey, or so he was told.

FrostyPeaches

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:00 pm

"I prefer meat, yes," she replied. "But when that is difficult to come by, I can put up with eating insects or plants." She kept on watching the back of the buck's head as if he would turn around to look at her. Perhaps just once will do?

The pace they both had were almost in sync. Step by step, pause by pause, she followed in his footsteps. She knew those movements quite too well. He was ready to hunt. "Care if I could help? Might speed up the process in catching wild game."

To erase and further doubts in his mind, she walked ahead of him and turned herself around to face the buck eye to eye. "I won't be in your way. I know how to hunt too."

Blinded By Silence
revival of slow rp time. my bad!

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Stil stopped for a moment and turned to look over his shoulder. One of his beetles crawled out of his mane and disappeared into the spines on his back. "There will be none of that. Insects are very helpful creatures," He stared at her a long time before blinking, and turning back, "Your help would be more efficient. Thank you."

FrostyPeaches
OMFG I AM BEYOND SORRY Q AQ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 pm

She noticed one of the beetles popping out into view. "Oh, I understand why you find them helpful. I have one myself too." Would you like to see it some time? is what she wanted to ask but at this moment, it seemed like he just wasn't interested in small talk.

Following a bit in his foot prints in the dirt, hopping left and right as she matched her hooves with his, she stopped when he stopped. When he looked at her she just stared back, eagerly waiting to hear what he had to say. But the buck simply just turned his back on her again.

"Hmm.. You're welcome?" If she had been the psychotic type, she would have pounced and lunged at his throat by now. She kicked the dirt and followed once more. Patience was something she had a lot of. "So.. Where are we headed to? A bear's den? A bird's nest?"

Blinded By Silence
no no it is okayyy. i have been super busy catching up with rps all over the place anyway. you are fine biggrin during then and now, i think i got a little better at rping.

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. When the dark buck had lead her far enough upwind that the warm scent of the living at last reached his nose, only then did he speak again. Softly, his voice like a breeze through dead branches, "I do not wish to die today, nor will I take life from those who have yet to experience it."

His ears flicked forward as a foxbun shuffled out of hiding to nibble at the seeds at the base of a tree. His whip-like tail flicked downward as he slipped effortlessly into a hunting crouch. He was too slow for such a creature. Normally he would let it run, settle for something slower, but the female was watching. Maybe...

"Be ready,"His voice was barely audible.

He moved so slowly that the poor creature failed to notice him until he struck out. Grabbing the foxbun's hind leg with his powerful jaws, he flung it hard at the ground by her hooves.

It was still alive. It scrambled and scratched at the dirt, desperate to get away. It's shrieking would scare off anything else near by. He watched to see what she would do.

FrostyPeaches
Literal years later, dear god. lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There was only the sound of his teeth meeting in the cold flesh of the prey caught earlier. It was tasteless as he tore flesh from bone, chewing quietly. He swallowed and it fell into his stomach like a stone.

Why?

He had tried, but everything felt off. In the end, the doe had left and, once again, he was alone.

He wasn't surprised. He sighed, looking over the corpse that would have fed them both.

He lay his head down on his hooves and looked away, letting his beetles skitter down from his mane to do what they did best.

Oh well, he sighed agian. Best get some sleep. He had more work to do in the morning.  

Blinded By Silence

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items