Welcome to Gaia! ::

Academy X: A X-Men RPG (Accepting Apps)

Back to Guilds

A literate, paragraph X-Men (Marvel) Role Playing Game 

Tags: X-Men, Marvel, Superhero, Advanced Literate, Paragraph 

Reply X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)
Story XXIII [23] - Underground (IC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairiefox

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image

Cᴏʟʟɪɴ TᴀᴛʜᴇʀsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA

Tᴇᴀᴍ Aʟᴘʜᴀ :: Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ Excited/Trying to contain laughter :: Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Lounge ::
Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ Alex/Alice/Blake/Zaphiel :: Wᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ After Simulation :: Iɴ Hᴇʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ o0o water balloon fight! ::

She was taken back by Zaphiel's lax attitude towards the situation, even got a little wider eyed when he removed his soaked shirt and mentioned something about cat videos. It was hard not to watch him, but she was even more surprised that she didn't notice Marcel just over at the kitchen- guess he can't cook? Zaph was making jokes and was happy to report that the alarms were off, giving Collin the relief of releasing her umbrella shaped plasma, dipping it away from them so the water wouldn't just splash down on them. Blake thanked her for saving his Gibson, "No problem," she signed with a flick of her wrist. Talking to the country gentlemen and Zaph joking with Marcel she couldn't help but wonder why all the guys here were so dang pretty- it made no sense, maybe it was a X-man thing?

Everyone seemed so cheery now, well to Collin the sprinkles going off was sorta funny, it was like it didn't just happen. Zaphiel introduced himself to them in a more proper but still relaxed and joyful manner. Collin gave him a wave and a note on her phone to give her name,
">COLLIN ^^" and she pointed at herself along with the arrow in the text. She got a little curious when he thanked Alex for what she had done back during the sim, since they were separated and together for just a short time. He went on to invite them to the pool area- she totally forgot there was a pool here! She grinned barely able to contain her eagerness and raised her hands with her thumbs up, "Yes pool party!" she cheered in her thoughts, but her mood quickly changed once Marcel dunked a huge ball of water over Zaphiel. She covered her mouth to hid her ever growing grin and shivering from holding in a chuckle (even though it would just sound like deep breathing if she were to).

Almost everyone was up for some pool time, not counting Blake and his guitar, and Alex, who revealed she didn't know how to swim. She was ready to confidently tell her 'I can totally teach you!' or 'You'll be swimming like the mighty orca in no time!' but instead she patted her friend on the shoulder and gave her the ok sign- she didn't want to push. Alex is the first person she feels like she's really becoming friends with- she didn't want her to sink like a rock on her watch. Alex left and Collin turned to Zaphiel and nodded,
"Pool totally sounds like fun! : D" she typed. She then went to follow Marcel out, having came up with an idea. She tapped him on the shoulder catching up to him, "Whaddya say to a mutant water ballon fight hm owo?" she showed an example by scooping up some of the excess sprinkler water with her plasma then wadding it up into a ball. It jiggled just like a balloon in her hand and when it dropped the casing and water mixed in a light boom, surprising herself a little bit.

[Hope I got all this okay if not let me know first time working with my new computer ^^]

Steel Lapin

Klayko

x-EternalAlice-x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:05 am
User ImageUser Image
XX【 】Name: Alexander Magnus
XX【 】Codename: Wraith
XX【 】Team Affiliation: Alpha
XX【 】Location: Pool
XX【 】Actions: Talked with Gabriel, used his powers to propel himself a short distance in the water

Gabriel listend to his sob story, and began to fill in a few gaps. Wraith had only known his opponent by birthname, Roland Chevalier. When his fellow alpha identified the omega as “Paladin,” the shadow user was quick to blink in confusion, but recover. So that was the codename. Wraith wanted to treat others as he wanted to be treated. As such, he could use given names, but taken ones felt more important to him. Names they had chosen, ones that mean something to describe or identify themselves as opposed to monikers given at birth to a squirming and miserable proto-humanoid. Still, as he went on, Wraith nodded in confirmation at the description. Brute force, decent, and explosive. When Gabriel (for lack of a better name just yet) said he had a near-bulletproof hide, it made sense. Wraith had not even scratched the mountain of an omega, and now the pieces fit just a bit better. He noted how while treading water, Gabriel’s attention lapsed for a moment, but none of his gestures gave away any sort of pity or disappointment. They were just . . . talking. It felt nice and made Wraith feel just a hair better to not be judged for his perceived failures. When Gabriel began to talk about his own experiences in the simulation, a smile actually found Wraith’s face again. It reaffirmed what he tried to tell himself in training after the sim. Paladin was a powerhouse, and even delaying him was a minor victory. Gabriel even went on to say the armor was not light-based. It was organic. Something to bear in mind. All he could do was nod with an appreciative smile when asked to confirm it was a one-on-one battle.

Gabriel tried to cheer him up, and to be fair it was working like a song. He said something about looking beyond his own personal sphere, and how his actions mattered. It even got extremely serious for a moment. Enough to make Wraith feel a little mollified for even doubting himself. He was a person that wanted to be counted on so desperately that his goals were to become stronger. The side effect was not really counting on others all that much- always giving, rarely taking. Gabriel tried to lighten the mood with a little self-depreciation on his social skills, to which Wraith smirked and only said
                          “Could’a fooled me.” It was then that Gabriel swam off to the side, and for a fleeting moment, Wraith was readying himself to be alone again- but no. Instead, Gabriel downed a drink, and then decided to perform a bit of Quid Pro Quo. Like a special effect from a movie, Gabriel’s arm morphed into a large barrel. His arm became the endpoint of a gun. Adding to that, he explained that his body produces munitions, and then he launches them at devastating speed. He was a cannon. Wraith didn’t think. He didn’t wait to be polite, he didn’t even consider his actions.

The unique issue with having an ability is the more you practice it, the more it becomes normal for you. More common sense to use it rather than fantastical or unique. Wraith created an envelope around himself of shadows. A pointed “bow” before him, wrapping around to a similar one behind him allowing smoother travel as he ‘moved’ the shadow and closed in on Gabriel far faster than swimming could. Arriving with a minimal wake, he stared at the arm and muttered
                          “Cooooooool!” He didn’t even realize he was staring for a long moment before he came to his senses. Leaning back and respecting personal space with a flush of embarrassment, he looked back to the steel-gray eyes of his companion. “My stuff is all solid- no moving parts. I can only make so much that is solid, so it’s a balance between strength and durability. Do you have gears in there, or is it more like your biology? I’m so used to making things without worry about any moving parts. Sorry if it is prying, but that is freakin nifty!” His exuberance was as far from ridicule as one could possibly get. It was something similar in a way to what he did, and the intense curiosity was bordering on childlike. Perhaps a bit too enthusiastic, but the wide eyes and broad smile proved that it wasn’t malice, but camaraderie and powerful curiosity that fueled his questions.

User ImageUser Image

Magni Prime

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I-The-Risen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:26 pm
Gabriel Byrne
Thoughts: Show and tell time folks!

User ImageThe pool was a pleasant experience, water enveloping over his body as he floated about. Lazing about in the waters with Wraith he talked with him about their respective experiences in the training exercise. He had been caught up in an artificially generated windstorm, while the rookie had got himself caught up with Roland and his bullish tactics. He’d heard about the guy, what he was capable of, and he was rather impressed. He wasn’t one for the ranged attacks, but he was a literal brawler. A Louisiana born brute, known to hit hard and fast when the time came for it. He’d gotten his hands on some video footage from when the Omegas were on assignment in New York. Some amateur footage a wannabe blogger had recorded. Not his fault the idiot didn’t better protect his network security. It may have been a bit of a nightmare for the team as far as the aftermath goes, but he couldn’t help but appreciate the skill he saw in that footage. He went after two armed and well trained police officers with nothing but his fists and managed to not only come out on top, but he had these guys restrained.

He was brutal, fast, and efficient, but when it came down to the final moments, he held back. He could have likely been even more brutal and delivered a crippling blow, a coup de grace even. But the fact is, he held back. That told him something about the man that he didn’t otherwise know. He wasn’t a monster, much as Narcissa liked to portray herself and her team as. The monsters fighting the good fight. In this instance he was less like Grendel, more like Beowulf. Brutal, but possessed a level of elegance and delicacy that was unexpected.

Going further into the their dialogue Gabriel pushed further having pointed out that he needed to stop putting himself down, on how he was a part of a larger picture where it comes to being an Alpha. He even surprised himself with how assertive he was being towards the guy. He caught himself, chuckling when Wraith said it appeared otherwise, “Talk with a few others and they’ll say otherwise. I’m more of a codemonkey, a gear head. I’m the kind of guy that winds up at odd hours working throughout the night on god knows what.”

He proceeded to offer the taciturn mutant a demonstration of his power, shifting his arm into the ever classic cannon he was so familiar with. He gave a basic explanation of how it worked, that his body synthesizes tungsten rounds that he shot out of him. He took a note of the sudden solidification of shadow beneath Wraith as he propelled himself towards Gabe with a frightening level of speed. The shadow manipulator was remarkably interested in his power, to which he began asking a few questions as to how it functioned. He nodded in interest of his power, “Remarkable/” he stated very simply.

“It’s all biological. Or biomechanical really. My basal metabolic rate is about four times higher than the average human, and hungers for a much higher concentration of metals like iron, zinc, the like. The body craves nutrients and the like, hence why I use these energy drinks.” he chuckled for a second “For how much I drink of these things you’d think I’d have a heart attack, but I just go through it like water at this point. The extra chemical energy I synthesize acts as a propellant for the slugs, I’ve tested the effectiveness. I can punch through an engine block at 50 yards.”

“Whatever energy I don’t expend, results in me not needing a lot of sleep.” he added, finishing with “The drawback, is that when I use it I drain myself significantly. I’m known to pass out for hours afterwards. Not a very pleasant experience, to go from being on top of the world to crumpling like a sack of bricks in a matter of seconds.” he could not help but appreciate the exuberance that he was exhibiting, letting his arm shift back to normal.

“The shift isn’t the most comfortable thing, another part of the issues surrounding my ability. But, at the end its why I picked the codename Siege for when I’m in the field.”

The living siege engine, talking to a living shadow generator. Weirder things have happened right?

OOC: Let me know if there’s any issues!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 am
    User ImageUser Image

The chaos Daylia wasn’t all that surprising, not when you lived in a base full of mutants who were trying to get a hold of their powers. She tried to ask her friend what had happened, and understood all too well how volatile the hex queen’s powers were. The poor girl never seemed to get the result she wanted. She gave a wistful sigh as Gracie brought up Luke and Lynn. "I feel you on that. They were bad asses in the kitchen."

What she wouldn’t give for one more meal from them.

Unfortunately, the dark haired woman pointed at where the microwave had once sat, causing the ashen remains to spark green and red. D couldn’t help but ask why the woman had pointed. She watched the sparks, already intangible and not fearing and personal damage. The mess grew and changed into a giant robotic penguin. That was random. Cameron seemed to be taken aback more so than the two women. Oh did he have some s**t to get used to.

D nodded as Gracie explained the obvious.
                                                                  "It can be really useful when you’ve got enemies around. I feel like something like this penguin here would have let us slip out of the mall a bit better." She cocked her head to the side, reflecting on the situation they had found themselves in a few weeks prior.

It wasn’t long before Daylia began to try and figure out who to pin the mess on. Her first thought was Cameron, but unfortunately, he was one of theirs. Not to mention he didn’t seem too keen on the idea. Gracie was quick to defend the faux redhead, and D couldn’t help but grin at her. She glanced to Cam for a moment before shrugging.
                                                                  "At the very least you wouldn’t want me as an enemy."

She couldn’t help but joke with the newbie, claiming she was envious of his meeting her. It sparked another idea, what if there were two of her? As her friend said they could try to make it happen, D shook her head her paled slightly at the thought.
                                                                  "Nooo." She said lowly. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust the woman, but more often than not, her powers seemed to backfire. "With our luck, I’d end up throwing up slugs for a month." She shivered at the idea.

Narcissa called across the base, demanding to know who caused the alarm to go off. The blonde seemed to have the same idea Daylia did of blaming someone on the Alpha team. Gracie did her best to distract their leader with the new comer. As they talked D’s attention returned to the robotic penguin.

There was a warning not to look it in the eye and to stay away from it. Unfortunately, Daylia had other thoughts, apparently not caring much for self-preservation.
                                                                  "But it’s cute." She whined. With a sigh, she gave up. "We say a lot of things I never thought we’d have to say. But at least it’s never boring." She shrugged.

The chaos was put on hold as the two muscle heads paraded around with Narcissa tossed over one of their shoulders. Confusion crossed her face as Gracie offered the sun queen some help.

They left as quickly as they had come. It was surprising they hadn’t slipped and dropped the Sunspot. Not knowing what else to do, D told their newbie who the woman was. Gracie chimed in, talking about the two boys that had toted their team lead around. Cameron seemed to agree about the boy's attractiveness.
                                                                  "Half the time I can’t tell the two apart, not till the one goes all fluffy and slobbery." She folded her arms over her chest, now glad that the sirens and water had stopped.

Feeling slightly safe, she put a stop on her intangibility.
                                                                  "Me too. God that would have been bad, and we would have probably gotten caught in the crossfire." She said, agreeing with Gracie.

It wasn’t long before Narcissa radioed the hex queen again, telling her to bring Cam to the hangar.
                                                                  "Oh goodie, we get to see what they were gathering things for." Her eyes went back to Cam. She rolled her eyes at his unwillingness to stay with them and the penguin, lest something bad happen. "You know you’re going to have to grow a pair if you’re going to be an Omega, right?" She asked as he made his way out of the room.

She paused for a moment as Gracie brought her attention back to the penguin, and what they should do about it. The Chameleon marched over to it, and pressed a fingertip to the side, determined to transfer some of her power as the robot rammed into the wall. It took little time for it to begin going through the wall with her help, and about half way she drew her hand back.
                                                                  "How’s that?" She asked looking back to Gracie. "At least it can’t go anywhere and hurt anyone, and with any luck, it’ll disappear soon?"

------Hangar------

Daylia stuck close to Gracie as they made their way to Narcissa location. She sincerely was hoping they would have to stay long. It wasn’t that she didn’t like any of the people there, she just really wanted to get back to vegging and watching movies.
                                                                  "We have your special delivery." D announced to Cissa as they entered the hangar.

She watched and listened to Cam introduce himself. It was stiff and formal. She leaned to Gracie and whispered so that only the woman could hear.
                                                                  "That introduction made me cringe." She said, trying to hide her giggles. So the boy was a kiss a**, she should have guessed.

She folded her arms over her chest once again as she listened to Narcissa lay it out for him, and probably the other two new faces there. The blonde then turned and laid into the two frat brothers, telling them that they were to take care of the two girls for the next two days. She choked down her giggles again, not wanting to draw the ire of the Sun Queen to herself or Gracie. She leaned to the dark haired woman and whispered once again.
                                                                  "Why can’t we have slaves?" She asked, giving her a faux pout.

It wasn’t long before the blonde's attention landed on Gracie, causing Daylia to straighten back up. She glanced between the two, her face turning red as her bestie was instructed to take the penguin to the boy’s room.
                                                                  "Well, we did manage to put it in time out before we came here… So it shouldn’t be a problem." She offered both Gracie and Narcissa as she shrugged. Of course, she wasn’t going to elaborate on what time out meant, that was sure to get her yelled at.

User Image
                                                                                      Location: Kitchen
                                                                                      Thinking: How has she not fried them yet?
                                                                                      With: Gracie and newb

""

)(Over.Dose.On.Cyanide)(
Crew

Feral Dog

Agent Code Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:01 am
Dimitri Otengam, Codename: Playboy, Location: Pool to Jacuzzi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dimitri's lungs were heated up as he rose from his pool lane at the edge and took in oxygen. He hadn't been in there no longer than 20 minutes but like some of his workouts it was the window in between that mattered. After a small warm up he had switched to a mix of high intensity and medium intensity laps with a touch of low intensity laps here and there. The results of his swimming workout were what was always found at the end out of workouts: satisfaction and exhaustion. It was a good thing his ears didn't pick up Narcissa's screeching or that he was able to concentrate from the sudden supply of water that was a slight hindrance whenever he came up to the surface. He raised his goggles up towards his wet hair. "Oh yea, that's what I'm talking about."

Before he got it in the pool Otengam had the majority of it to himself. But in the small span others began to join and take a dip as well. They were all involved in a team deathmatch/training simulation so it wasn't a surprise some wanted to cool off. When he hopped out he felt a chill circulate through him from the sudden temperature change. Normally a thought would bring his temperature back in order but Dimitri had another alternative in mind that would yield the same results.

He gave head nods and peace signs to those he made eye contact with while walking to a small button next to a smaller pool. And with one push of it, instead of the temperature fluctuating in the main pool, it changed in the smaller one. So much that bubbles began to formulate slowly until it capped itself off. Zero prep was made from the Alpha; relief and relaxation leaving his exhale.

He took off his goggles, spread his arms by the edges of the jacuzzi, laid back his head and closed his eyes in peace.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:14 pm
                                        User Image
                                        Hangarxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ PROBABILITY SENSE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xThough the only thought buzzing through his mind on repeat had been ’What are you doing??’ as his friend kidnapped Narcissa, Charlie went along with it easily enough. He always had his friend’s back, and was happy to follow him to their deaths - which at the moment may have been closer than either of them realized. Despite his ability, the probability adept was at a loss for how this was going to go, but just curious enough to stick around to find out. She wouldn’t really kill them… right? Venomous threats spewed from the Red Queen’s pout, but it seemed she was all bark and no bite, at least for the moment.

He nearly flinched when she addressed him by his last name, and bit back his grin as she assured him that they would wish they were dead when she was done with them. He was sure she could make their lives hell, but right now he was just entertained by the whole situation.

Charlie chuckled as the werewolf set their leader down and she punched him in the chest. He knew how solid Christian’s bestial form was built from sparring with him, she may as well have been punching a wall. Even he couldn’t put up much of a fight against the werewolf on strength alone, it was always about outplaying him. Even though they were more evenly matched when the Californian was a human.

While Christian transformed back into his human form, Charlie started setting up for the barbeque, getting the grill going and asking Narcissa if she wanted a hotdog or hamburger. She looks mortified at the choices. He let the question linger for a moment as she went back to her communicator, biting his lip in anticipation. ”S’more?” he offered further, grabbing a bag of marshmallows and holding them up to assure her they had come prepared.

When the werewolf gave her phone back she seemed to be examining it for cooties and Charlie gave her a nod ”Yeah, you might wanna sanitize that. You wouldn’t believe this guy…” To be completely honest, Christian had pretty good hygiene - mostly.... toe nail clippings aside….. But how could he resist when she seemed so disgusted by it?

She went on to warn them that they would pay for what they’d done, and when they least expected it. Charlie tried to stop the grin on his face from curling form ear to ear, but couldn’t quite manage. ”Oh yeah? Sounds fun.”’ he stated in amusement, as if it were some sort of game - and in his mind it was. ”Never see it coming you say… We’ll see about that.” One of his fingers tapped the side of his head with the small challenge pinging around in his mind.

The hangar door opening welcomed in a cold blast of air, and an aircraft. Charlie watched it land while eating his burger. After landing in the hangar, two new faces (Farren and Chi-Chi) found them, and Charlie waved to them with an amiable smile. They seemed to be caught up in their own conversation but he waved them over, trying to get their attention. ”Hey! Come get something to eat,” he called over to them. His partner in crime went over to greet the girls, leaving him in charge or the grill. ”Got it.” He left it to his friend to get them to join the barbeque, and turned back to Narcissa only to notice the look on her face. It really was hard to read, and after a moment of trying, he activated his ability to analyze her body language - at least to give himself a chance if she suddenly decided to blast him… ”So... is that a ‘no’ to the s’mores?”

Another newbie (Cameron) arrived in the care of Gracie and Daylia, and Charlie offered a friendly nod in greeting to the three of them. He introduced himself and Narcissa certainly didn’t ease him into the whole X-Men deal. Charlie almost felt guilty, but doubted she would have been much more pleasant even if she hadn’t just been kidnapped. He gave the new guy a slightly sheepish smile ”Welcome to the team. I’m Charlie, Lucky in the field.”

”Now it really is a party. The only thing we’re missing is a keg.” He noted, looking to his friend for a solution. ”Hungry?” he asked, turning back to the trio that had just arrived as he waved a spatula toward the grill where a couple of hotdogs were already cooking.

Hearing his name turned his attention back to the Red Queen only to find out that he and Christian were supposed to be the new girls’ servants for the next two days. He hesitated before answering the Omega leader, seemingly holding back a thought. ”Aye aye, captain!” he saluted with the spatula in his hand before turning to the two new girls and gave them a princely bow, only to hear Narcissa then tell Gracie and Daylia to put a penguin in his and Christian’s room. What?

”A penguin that shoots fireballs? Um, yeah - we’ll take it.” They would find something fun to do with it. And really… who wouldn’t want a super-penguin?

User Imagexxx

Dirty Starshine

Fallen Star

Magni Prime

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:45 am
User ImageUser Image
XX【 】Name: Alexander Magnus
XX【 】Codename: Wraith
XX【 】Team Affiliation: Alpha
XX【 】Location: Pool
XX【 】Actions: nerded out about possible uses of Siege's powers, showed why he thinks that way, hopped out of the water

Wraith listened intently, and did what most members of human or mutantkind did- he tried to relate. The powers that Seige described sounded like a morphing power with a specific form-set. He was biomechanical, with an emphasis on metallic alloys and some projectile creation. Staring intently at the arm, it was obvious his wheels were turning. His own power was no less fantastical, but relied far more on innovation and imagination. The shadows he manipulated were created and shaped through his own intent. Therefore, he couldn’t help but do the same with hypothesis. “I see. Caloric conversion using specific isotopes. I am not surprised it sounds uncomfortable. Most legends of lycanthropy talk about the unique pain of shifting from a lupine to a human form. In your case, it’s localized, but going from a natural state to an augmented one can’t feel good.” His mind was whirling as he considered the possibilities. If anything, his powers were 80% illusion with just enough solidity to pack a punch where needed. By contrast, Seige could make what he needed, and it was almost all punch. Being a practical sort, Wraith was understandably curious and began to think out loud.

“Are cannons the only form you have assumed? If you are a techno-morph, for lack of a better word, perhaps you could try something different. Using a bladder system, you could make a caterpillar drive and move silently and quickly underwater. If caught out in the open, metallic wings of either aeronautic or even natural design could allow you to glide where you needed. In fact, depending on how much of a code monkey you truly are, you could try and concentrate on some sort of biomechanical interface and access computers via a neural link. Depending on what you do with that, it could be revolutionary.” When he realized he was basically running wild with the ideas of somebody else’s power set, he immediately smiled sheepishly. “Sorry. You just have some nifty powers. It's not hard to want to see just what you might come up with in a pinch.” To prove his point, he again enacted his power, this time in a more controlled fashion. Over the water to his side, a basketball sized orb fades into existence.

“I get this. Blackness. By itself, it is kinda bland and basically good for hiding.” To prove his point, he sticks his hand into the dark sphere and passes right through it as if it were not there. However, when he put his hand beneath it, the ball quickly reshapes into the rough dimensions of a baseball bat in his fist. With a gentle tap, he ‘dings’ it off the barrel of Seige’s cannon arm. Just enough to prove substance. “With a bit of effort, I can make some of it solid. So it all comes down to me learning to think outside the box.” At the end of his statement, he let go of the creation, and it dissipated like a fine mist. That done, Wraith decided to hop out of the water. He climbed up out of the pool, only to sit on the side. This was nice- just talking. Sure it was about their powers, but it was learning of one another. Getting to know a teammate. A roommate of the facility. Learning of his mutant brother, and sharing ideas of what might be. Wraith was curious about those biomechanical powers, and couldn’t help but wonder just how accurately he might be able to emulate them. Not with biological materials, but creating a cannon and launching debris . . . With enough power, he could be a damned mass driver. The power of a comet at his command to do an orbital strike. What delicious thoughts that inspired!

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:13 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Simulation Room

“So is he.”, Katerina shuttered out, pointing at Christian, as Aurelie set to drag her off to the infirmary. She didn’t want to be the only one being fussed over. It gave the impression that the Omega wolf had done more damage that she had. Absolutely preposterous. The pretty blond girl on her arm eventually won her over by requesting that that she do it for her. The small Italian woman would deny Aurelie very little.

She let her friend continue ranting on and on with a half-smile. Aurelie was sweet to worry. She would never understand that such concerns were entirely undeserved and misplaced. The alpha telekinetic led her to the infirmary without any further resistance on her part. Katerina had barely managed to get a word in edgewise and eventually decided to let the former ballerina’s mood run its course. There really was no stopping her once she got all wound up. “I’m fine. I swear. Golden boy will work his magic and it’ll be like it never happened. Wax on, wax off.”

They both decided to hit the showers after the shape shifter got patched up. She pretended not to notice that Aurelie’s state of mind was substantially clearer once she wasn’t leaking blood all over the place. The Italian woman snorted in a rather unladylike fashion when her friend brought up Peyton. She hadn’t met the girl more than once. But, her form was a fan favorite when it came to throwing Christian off course. For a wolf, in her opinion, he relied far too much on his eyes. “You’re telling me that she learned control? Wonders really will never cease.”

Aurie & Kat's Hang Out Place

Showered and dressed in comfortable black yoga pants and a pale blue tank top Katerina sat on the couch beside Aurelie with her knees drawn up to her chest. A mug of the promised cioccolata calda rest snuggly between her palms as they watched Revenge after the latest episode of Housewives of Orange County. For some reason the former HYDRA agent loved watching terrible sitcoms. Reality television was the best and worst thing that had ever come from America. Mob Wives was something she just couldn’t get enough of. Aurelie was kind enough to suffer through it with her, humoring, all of her child like wonder.

Katerina pulled her eyes away from the incredible nose job that Madeleine Stowe so flawlessly pulled off when her friend asked about the simulation. “That’s a good question. Although, I can’t begin to tell you what your dear Headmaster thinking. I’d either have to be a telepath or sleeping with him.”

“Maybe both.”,
                                    the small minx responded cheekily, before hiding her smile in her drink.

She checked her red painted toes when Aurelie did—Pretending that she’d been keeping track of the time. She was capable of applying nail polish, make-up, and doing her hair, but it was usually for work purposes only. The shape shifter wasn’t used to doing it for fun. It felt too relaxed when she typically treated it like war paint. “You can take it easy. I’ll clean your share. I'll just be me...Then you. They'll never notice the difference.”, Katerina offered her friend, thinking that might be tired, or just really didn’t want to do it.

There were a great many things she’d learned growing up. Keeping her quarters immaculate had been a requirement. The bedroom that she had assigned herself, aside from the fact that she and Aurelie used it like a closet, didn’t have a pillow out of place. The bed had hospital corners. She smirked a little bit when the telekinetic mentioned using Christian as a dust mop. “I’m not sure he’d do it.”

“He’d think there might be some kind of ulterior motive.”,
                                    she spoke, before carefully letting her legs fall to the floor. Her toes felt dry enough. “I’d just have to ask very, very nicely.”

Katerina froze when the fire alarms went off. Gun metal blue eyes narrowed at the ceiling as Aurelie caught the water that threatened to ruin their beauty session. “Morons.”, the Italian-born shape shifter muttered with a healthy dose of disdain. Was there really ever any other explanation? Once again, she was left completely flummoxed as to how the Contessa hadn’t wiped these people out years ago.

She sighed when the noise stopped not long after it started and the water started falling. At least Aurelie had stopped it from destroying all their stuff. She slid to her feet with typical feline grace and padded across the floor to open the door that led to a restroom. “Here…Just dump it down the drain.”, she pointed out, trying to think of a practical approach, that didn’t involve leaving the Alpha leader with a sopping wet mattress. The Headmaster had ‘kindly’ advised her that any further infractions against Isabella Stone would result in her expulsion.

The auburn haired girl pulled her hair back in a ponytail and headed back toward the futon. Standing behind it, she began to part Aurelie’s hair, trying to decide what to do with it. She had so much. Not that it was incredibly long—just fairly thick. Braids had always been a favorite in the Leviathan. Anything that kept their hair out of their eyes. If it hindered their training in any way it was sure to be shorn off.

Aurelie wasn’t especially tender headed so she was able to make two quick inverted braids on either side of her temple. She wove each section of hair all the way down to the end before securing it with a clear band. Her hair was too pretty, too gold, to ruin with black ties. Katerina did the same to the other side before taking hold of what was left in the middle. She swept it up and over so that it had a little height in front before braiding it all the way back with a fishtail. “I used to wear my hair like this. When I was at home and not on assignment.“

“Some of the shifters could do these intricate knots…But I was never much good at it. Braids were always easier. The men were the best at those. My hands were always too small.”

Katerina’s words were neither filled with regret nor wistful. It was a mere statement of fact. She did not long for the life she had left behind. No matter how she felt about the operatives that she had once considered family…They would kill her now. In a heartbeat—they would kill her, and anything she cared about, without batting an eye. Nothing would stop them from coming after her.

The word of Madam Hydra might as well have been the word of God.

Pushing away the memories of her past she darted nimbly around the back of the couch to pick up a small hand mirror from the table She angled it so that Aurelie could see her handiwork. “How’s that?”

User Image  

ephemeral spirit

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:44 pm
There are ten days left. Please be respectful and post your activity. I will be banning anyone that doesn't. I've posted this everywhere I can...So I won't accept any whining when it's over. You'd be welcome to reapply at a later date but I can't keep giving everyone months to make up their mind. I need to see everyone who wishes to stay. That goes for everyone--As well as mods.

Please Go Here and Follow the Instructions

10 Days Left

--Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:14 pm
User Image

User Image
Team: ALPHA Location: Gym - 7th Sub-Level

User Image

Isabella didn’t know if she ought to thank Lachlan for trying to be so selfless or if she should bop him upside the head for being so stubborn. She had phrased it no less than three ways. If he didn’t understand by this point…There would be no changing his mind. He was willfully choosing to see things his way. When he repeated the name of the organization that Katerina had been involved with she was half tempted to cover his mouth. Instead, she settled for muting the sound in their surrounding area. No one would overhear. “Calm down.”, she urged the strong man earnestly. “The Headmaster and Headmistress cleared her. I accepted her just as they did. You can’t hold her past against her, punish her for it, when it wasn’t her fault.”

“Just be glad that for better or worse her choices are her own now.”

Even if one of those choices revolved around strangler her to death. Isabella grew silent as emerald eyes flickered to meet his. Gingerly, she reached out, and placed both hands on Lachlan’s upper arms. The motion would be enough to still him. He wouldn’t risk pushing her away when it meant he might send her headfirst into the nearest wall. She waited for him to find his bearings, for his hands to unclench, and for his eyes to soften. “For everything she’s endured…Even now…She doesn’t deserve our hate and scorn. We need to have patience. If you can’t believe in her…Believe in me.”

These things were harder to say than Lachlan would ever know. Isabella had tasted the smallest concept of hate for one of the very first times when she’d awoken in a hospital bed not long ago. The emotion had been so strong that she didn’t know what to do with it. She still didn’t. That—Combined with Blake’s unexpected confession left her reeling. But whatever it was that she felt couldn’t hold any sway in how she governed her team. What she spoke to Lachlan was the truth. It was right.

It had to be.

“It won’t come to that. Hypothetically speaking or not…I won’t allow it. I can’t allow it.”, she breathed quietly. The rest of his words hit her acutely. She could feel something bubbling up beneath her sternum. It felt like panic. How could she keep Lachlan from tearing Katerina apart without hurting one or both? There was no guarantee that either of them would fall for her powers of suggestion. She didn’t know how to do it—except physically. Lachlan might be able to be reasoned with…But all Katerina understood was pain.

The farm boy began to list a few of the qualities that he thought made her a good person and a light blush spread unbidden across her cheeks. Her eyes found a non-existent point behind him and she was content to look through him for a few moments. She didn’t know what to take from it. “I don’t think that your fair opinion on my genetics has anything to do with moral inclinations Lachlan.”

Beauty did not equal goodness. She’d heard the stories about Miss Frost a million times. She was quite possibly the loveliest woman that Isabella had ever laid eyes on. And yet, there were times, when Emma had been the reason for many of the troubles the X-Men faced. It had taken something so heartrending as losing her students to snap her out of the criminal path she’d been walking.

The conversation seemed to turn into something a little less severe and Isabella slowly relaxed. His goofy, boyish grin, could almost make her forget that he’d just threatened to kill someone in her defense. He disappeared around the corner and for a few seconds she just stood still. She didn’t know how to unhear the words he’d spoken. Her eyes closed, and she counted to ten, before leaving herself.

---

Once they got started with their impromptu splatter art in the gym Isabella had calmed down enough to pretend like everything was as it should be. “Anyone can paint. Don’t put yourself down so much.”, she spoke with a little smile. Sometimes, it felt like she was teaching an Art Class to the elementary students. They wouldn’t be surprised to know that the adults had just as much issue with self-esteem as they did.

Isabella pulled her gloves on and tucked the latex edges around her watch carefully. It was military grade, and wouldn’t be bothered at all by a little water, but she didn’t want to get any paint on it. It was important to her. She threw her sandbags before watching to see Lachlan throw a basketball. She was pleasantly surprised that he hadn’t popped it or put a hole in the wall. His control was better than ever. “So…We’re both a little crazy. Maybe I should go find Professor Summers.”, she cleared her throat, before amending which one she was talking about. “The younger, female, Professor Summers.”

Scott Summers was one man she was still NOT speaking to unless she absolutely had to. He had misled her. Lied to her. She couldn’t even look at him without feeling ill.

The strong man turned to mix a new color and didn’t seem to be paying attention to her. His mistake. Isabella grinned slowly as dawning registered on his face and he realized what she’d done. He started to laugh and she danced a few steps away, just in case, he felt like retaliating. “We already agreed that you shouldn’t fight me. That was what…Half an hour ago? Don’t tell me your memory is that bad…”

Her ears picked up on someone else entering the gym. Truth be told she’d known that Roland was approaching long before he touched the doors. The sound user just didn’t acknowledge it. Usually, it gave people the creeps. Seeing that the Omega had come in to do some training she temporarily let him be. If he wanted to greet them, they were in plain view so surely, he would have. Lachlan seemed to have other ideas though and seemed to zone out while watching the man shadow box. Isabella couldn’t blame him. His technique was impressive. The rest of him…Just as much. Kerri was lucky. She opened her mouth to protest when Lachlan headed toward Roland but chose against it.

Both men could use more friends. Stable, friends.

She crept up behind Lachlan as he introduced himself. She smiled a little, noting his country boy manners, when he introduced her as well. Of course she and Roland were aware of each other. Perhaps not the best of friends due to their team alignments—But they were still acquainted. When it seemed like Roland wasn’t going to try and put Lachlan on his back end for interrupting what looked to be a loss of control she closed the distance. “Hey.”, she greeted, smiling sweetly. “Nice jams… Though I’d have pegged you as more of an alternative rock kinda guy…Less nazi hick metal.”

Her hands rest behind her back as she rocked forward, sweet face angelic, innocent of all things.

“You should take a break and come paint with us.”

If Roland knew her better he would have seen the small signs that proclaimed her a mischief-maker plotting his doom. She reached up with both red paint covered hands and placed them on either sides of his face before he could protest. The smell of the acrylic would probably hit him before he noticed the stickiness. She pulled them away with a giggle and then tapped the end of his nose with her pointer finger. “Boop.”

Now he looked like Rudolph instead of Roland.

She smiled widely at both men before turning back to their paint supplies. Her light jog caused her ponytail to sway as the flowers in her hair lent to the notion of a trickster nymph over a person. She snickered to herself as she went back to her sandbags and dropped down on her haunches to roll a clean one in the orange she’d made.

Isabella was done feeling sad and emotional for the day. It was exhausting. Roland and Lachlan were just going to have to deal with it.
                                                  User Image
                                                  "...Everyone's pretty and hiding an ugly truth. Deception is all around. Watch out - Use caution now...."

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

I-The-Fallen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 pm
Roland Chevalier
Thoughts: Boop?

User ImageThe big guy went into the gym, taking the scenic route. Away from people, away from the insanity. The training exercise had left the base on alert, getting ready for anything that was coming their way. Or whatever they needed to head into. God knows what was going to go wrong out there. And at this point he wasn’t going to take any chances. He needed to keep himself sharp, ready to go. So he did the best thing he could: shadowbox. He took note of Isabella and another person in the gym, doing some kind of painting… thing and offered a silent greeting towards the two of them and started. He’d put himself into a bit of a bubble, putting on some German folk metal as a means of getting his heart pumping. Under normal circumstances he’d likely listening to something classical, Beethoven, Bach, Tiachovsky even. The slow, deliberate rhythm of the romantic era composers steadied his heartbeat. But right now, the very last thing he wanted was to be calm. He needed to get his heart pumping, to go into overdrive, get himself pumped up. Knowing their luck as X-Men, they were going to go into a fight.

Better to get himself ready to go for such a fight.

His movements were quick and methodical as he started, rapid combinations with machine like precision. It soon devolved into the strikes of a man backed into a corner. Part of the practice of shadowboxing was that the fighter conjured up an opponent for himself to fight. As a means of giving the fighter a clear objective in their battle. His enemies shifted, the different fighter forcing him to change up his method of fighting. He soon devolved from tight, controlled, precision to animalistic. He was fighting back the urge to start swiping away at him with his armor at the ready. To unleash all his strength and ferocity, let it all out. But he was soon interrupted by a gentle nudge. Pulling out his ear bud, he took a moment to right himself.

He was making sure wasn’t about to lunge at him, to try and tear him to pieces. The animal he’d been fighting had decided to try and take residence in the forefront of his mind. The animal in his brain had resided in the dark corners of his mind, and every so often he would try and break into his conscious world. What was a good survival instinct would not be a useful… in any sense, if it breached into the cerebral cortex.

God knows the last thing he’d need is yet another reason to be put into a hole by Narcissa, yet another mark against her pet size shifter.

The big guy asked him if he was ok, concerned that he was slipping but he smirked and nodded it off. “Oh no I’m alright.” he answered, “Pleasure to meet you Lachlan, name’s Roland. If you haven’t figured it out, I’m an Omega.”

Chuckling for a moment, he looked to the Alpha leader, “Yes I’m very familiar with Ms. Stone.” the two of them may not have been fast friends, but he did hold the woman in high regard. She may not be like Narcissa, more like her polar opposite, but there was something about her that lead her to become head of the Alphas. Isabella soon closed the difference, referring to his music choices as “nazi hick metal”. With a hearty laugh he took a breath.

“Oh trust me, if you think this has anything to do with Nazis you’re sorely mistaken. This is just some folk metal to get the blood pumping.” he responded, not even bothering to bring up all the different kinds of Neo-Nazi related crap that he’d been exposed to, including music taste. The Aryan Brotherhood were frequent “clients” of Dom, and always played their shitty music when they swung by. She soon suggested that he take a break and join the two of them with their painting, to which he gently raised his hands. Before he could process what had just happened, the smell of acrylic hit his nostrils, then the moisture around his cheeks and nose. It took a moment for him to realize that Bella had red covered hands, and that she’d put them on his face and nose. The moment the word “Boop!” registered he started to crack up laughing. Of all the things he expected from Isabella it was certain not that. It was so unexpected that he needed to laugh.

“Ok, sure. After that I guess I now have to.” he answered. Clapping his hands together, “So what exactly are we working on here?” he asked.

OOC: Lemme know if stuff needs fixing!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm
Gabriel Byrne
Thoughts: And we have a curious one don't we?

User ImageThe blonde sat there, floating in the pool as Wraith gushed over his ability. He remarked on its caloric conversion, and the lack of comfort. He too had done some reading on ancient lore , and other myths. Skinwalkers, and other shapeshifters like skin walkers in Native American stories. He figured it was one of the better ways of trying to understand the shift that his powers undertook. It wasn't truly painful, but not a desirable. He figured that perhaps some of the myths behind shapeshifting, the ability to change form, may not have been pure myth. Given the reality that Katarina existed, it was possible that at least some of those myths were based on instances of mutants with some form of shifting. With the way things were in this world, he could only imagine that was just part of the equation. Part of the insane code that made up this even more insane world.

"The fact that it's localized certainly isn't pleasant." he replied, smirking at Wraith going on about the potential of his ability's applications. "So far it's what I'm limited to, but I wouldn't be shocked if I developed a larger range of shifting abilities." with a short chuckle, "Though in truth I doubt that I will develop a tech interfacing capability. Knowing my luck its going to branch off into more things to put down range and ways to better put deliver that payload Who knows, maybe I'll be able to launch explosive shells?" He didn't consider his ability to be a "technomorph", in truth he just simply thought of it all as a biomech physiology. The bump of solid shadow on his arm, as he shifted it back, highlighted his thoughts on the matter.

"Hey no need to be glum, its all good." he said to the penseive mutant. "In truth I'd love an ability like that. An abstract ability like that seems, from my perspective, so much easier to handle. Sure, you may need to think outside of the box, but you're not in need of a literal 1st and 2nd breakfast just to get the engine running in the whee hours of the morning." he didn't bother mentioning the boredom he dealt with. Oh god the boredom, it was horrifying.

"Though in reality your powers aren't good just for hiding. You can alter the perception of a target by manipulating the environment around them. Like really screw them up big time."

Tapping his noggin he said back to him "See? Thinking outside the box." he took note as Wraith got out of the water, and he continued to remain in the pool. Floating around in the pool he waited for him to get settled in a chair before asking another question.

"So, where were you from before you came here? Raised in Vegas myself, adopted in Reno." to get an idea of where this guy was from would be yet another way to get him acclimated to the crazy world of the X-Men.

OOC: Lemme know if there's problems!  

I-The-Risen

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:41 pm
Perhaps the male took it as a sign to leave. Zaphiel had seemingly scurried along and that made Marcel smirk. It wasn't his intention to make the male leave off. It was just a jest to keep him soaked after all, but it happened all the same. He was gone and out of their sights, perhaps not liking the idea of going to the pool after all. It didn't stop the brown skin male from proceeding as planned, though maybe Zaph was just going to change clothes. Everyone else seemed to like the idea of going to the pool.

“Floating in the water is totally a thing, you know,” he stated in regards to Alex stating that she couldn't swim. “Or sitting by it is fun too. Don't let the party poopers insist that such a thing is boring.

There they were, at the pool, witnessing others there as well. Had the pool finally became “that spot?” There was the kitchen, the library, and formerly the music room once upon a spell: All of them had been populated by a crowd at some point in time and presently, it would appear the Pool had been given such a nickname. There was a reason Marcel never went to the pool though: He was already a walking tub of water. That appeal lost interest a long time ago, but he didn't stop others from wanting to have fun. Water balloons were fun. He looked at Collin practically create one with her own power, just to watch it practically pop. He couldn't truly argue it was a bad idea, though he didn't need to generate things to hold water.

”Sounds like a solid idea. So...are we making it official or catching people by surprise and running for dear life? I'd totally enjoy catching someone by surprise, but that may just be me.”

Judging by everyone present, from the figures who went for a swim, to those just casually sitting, there were plenty of ways to go about it. Would anyone else, those they walked out to the pool with, partake?

Prariefox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:32 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Her face fell at Kat calling their headmaster ‘dear.’ She had not yet forgiven him for his recent approach regarding her best friend. A quiet laugh did escape her when the Italian made an Emma reference. “You have to wonder how much of that is reading his mind, or altering it.” She said contemplatively.

Mani-pedi’s were in order while they waited for the word on who lost the sim; though it was far from bated breaths for either of them. “I wouldn’t have you do my share of the work, sweetie. I’d feel bad doing that.” She smiled though, thinking that her bestie was sweet for offering. “I’m just not in a team-spirit sort of mood.

I’m not sure he could fight invisible hands holding him up…” The telekinetic joked, one eyebrow climbing higher than the other before she laughed outright at the images flooding her head. “He might deserve it after trying to rip you to shreds today anyway.” Holding her hand up to stave off any arguments, her features went cross. “And before you say you liked it, you’re my best friend, and I can be outraged for the both of us.

The fire alarms went off then, and she instinctively rose a bowl-shaped shield to catch the water. Confused, she had to agree with Kat’s assessment. Someone had done something stupid. Unsure of what to do with the collected fluid, Kat seemed to catch her question before she could ask it. Nodding once, Aurelie followed her to the bathroom and released the typhoon above the drain, drawing up another shield between them so that they’d avoid the splashing. “At least we don’t have to blow our hair out again…” She said with a smile.

Back in their room, she let Katerina style the heavy curtain of blond hair. Watching her deft fingers expertly pull her hair back, Aurelie inspected the end result with unconcealed admiration. “I like these braids much better than the ones we did at home. We would part our hair straight down the middle and leave it gaping to do a french braid that circled our head so that we could cover it more easily.” Especially hers. Blonds weren’t all that common in her Amish community. Crinkling her nose, she made it very clear what she thought of those restrictions.

Every once in awhile, I ache to be able to go back… to be with family.” She said, guessing that her friend might feel the same way about her former life. “But then I realize how much I would have to give up… and it’s never even close to worth it.” While Kat had been merely factual, Aurelie’s voice held an edge of sadness. Her family had rejected her, simply for what she was. And then her second family, the ballet she so loved, had done the same. Being a mutant had made them forget who she was; nothing else mattered to them.

Glancing up at her friend with crystalline eyes, she smiled. “Sometimes, the family we choose is far more valuable than the ones we’re unfortunate enough to be born into.” And she had Kat.

Switching places with her, Aurie debated on what style her friend would look best in, and still like. Kat seemed to be more about function than design. Deciding on something Kat might recognize from Game of Thrones, it didn’t take long to give her a style fit for a Khaleesi, modeling it after Dany’s hair style in the fourth season. “This way, it’s out of your face, but still elegant.” Giving the mirror to her, she beamed.

So… while you were busy mauling Christian… Gabe actually asked for my input... ” Even now, she sounded surprised by the notion. “It was sort of nice.

User Image

iPixie Bunni

Dangerous Capitalist

X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out