Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
it's six in the morning and i can't sleep

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

having trouble sleeping?
  yes
  no
  meh
View Results

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:39 am
so i'll just huddle in a pile of my own tears and die

okay but srsly, i can't sleep lately. i either can't get up at a decent hour (which ha jokes on me because i have no choice i have class) or i can't fall asleep at all.

i kind of want to adopt a new method of sleep which would be 'sleep when tired' but in reality, that's like... the worst plan ever. no way can it work. like, what if i'm tired twenty minutes before class? oh gee, can't go i started a new sleep method so i'm going to bed now. i just want it so i won't be so damn tired all the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 am
Try sleeping in hour and half intervals? There's some theory that the sleep pattern from deep sleep to light sleep occurs in an hour and half.

If you sleep for an 90 minutes you shouldn't feel tired. I've tried it a few times and have usually been more awake then.

(90)*N = how much sleep you need.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:33 am
I know on average the cycle is 90 minutes, but I was always taught then when you're sleep deprived, you go into REM faster and faster, which is why people who are really sleep deprived stay alive by microsleepin' sometimes.

I also heard that if you nap, you should never go over 30 minutes, because then it resets your sleep pattern and makes you feel sleepier.

I've always had trouble sleepin' and still don't know anythin' that works besides alcohol and caffeine crashes, so I don't really know what advice to give.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games