Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:00 pm
User Image

In the weeks following her safe return from the jungle, Miela had settled into a nice routine. She'd gotten a little farm started, where she'd planted her cuttings (including the strange white flowers she'd found underground). She'd undergone the Faun ritual and had gained a power of her own, and was finding it very useful for her trade.

But as the seasons had changed and her farm had withered for the winter, Miela found herself longing for adventure again. Her time in the jungle had been harrowing, yes, but she'd felt so alive. She found herself daydreaming during the long, dark afternoons of winter about venturing back to the underground place she'd been. She's sure it had more secrets to tell her. And the Seer had been so busy lately that she would have felt bad for taking up her time, asking about old artifacts.

One day, during a particularly bad bout of cabin fever, she decides to do it. She'd be better-prepared this time, taking adequate food and water, and definitely taking a tent, and she'd go back to the clearing where she'd emerged from the underground structure.

But she doesn't want to go alone. No, that had been the worst part of the whole thing. No one to talk to but herself. Well, there had been that odd person there. She briefly wonders if he'd made it out alright, but dismisses it. It had been easy enough for her--surely he'd made it. Yes, she definitely wants to bring someone with her, but who? Who would come on this adventure with her during winter's bitter cold?

A smile crosses Miela's face as she remembers the one Fauny who was always up for an adventure: Daring Do.

She straightens her kerchief and walks around the spiral walkway of the Tree to Daring's apartment, and knocks casually on the door.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:56 am
User Image

Daring Do had also, in recent time, returned from her own adventure in the mountains. She had been busy penning her next book since then and studying the strange artifacts she had picked up. Being in a very different place, Daring Do did not have much knowledge of any of the strange languages or history of this place so the artifacts had been set aside until she could find someone who had information that could help her.

The book however, was going well. While her latest adventure did not have the usual villains, aside from an evil squirrel, with her creative touches it was turning into a typical Daring Do story, titled Daring Do and the Mysterious Mountain. Daring was busy writing when she heard a knock on the door.

While Daring had been living in somewhat less seclusion since moving to Telrunya, the knock still came as a surprise. The faun went up to the door and opened it, looking at the fauny outside of her door. "Oh? Hello." Daring Do was slightly less familiar with other faunies, then they were with her, but this one looked to undoubtedly be a relative of Apple Jack who she was more familiar with. "Would you like to come inside?" Daring Do offered.

Menelie

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 pm
"Um, sure," says Miela, suddenly unsure of what today. Would you like to come adventuring with me to the middle of the woods? It sounded so abrupt and contrived. She had to entice her. Suddenly she had an idea, and she smiles and nods. "Yes, thank you," she amends.

Once inside, she introduced herself: "I'm not sure we've met...I'm Miela. I think you know my cousin, Applejack. But...er...your own reputation precedes you, and I know how you like stories of adventure. I too enjoy an adventure here and there, and since it's so cold and wintry...I thought perhaps we could while away an hour or so recounting stories from the summer." She smiles hopefully. Perhaps the story of the strange clearing with strange magic would entice Daring Do to come with her on this harebrained idea of hers.

"That is, if you're not busy," she adds hastily.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 am
Menelie

Daring Do gave the other a warm smile as she ushered her in. She could see the uncertainty in the girls behaviors, but Daring Do was fairly used to those sort of reactions, especially when they found out their favorite book character was a real life fauny. Of course... books were something that seemed to be less common in this new land which created an interesting problem of how Daring might get her next book out there.

"It is always a pleasure to meet a fellow adventurer, Miela." Despite her reputation proceeding her, Daring Do was fairly humble in that regard and felt more comfortable introducing herself, "I'm Daring Do, but Daring is just fine as well." Daring nodded her head at Miela's suggestion, "Let's take a seat then. I was actually just working on the story of my latest adventure, I only just got back not too long ago. Have you found this new home to provide adventure?" Daring said as she took a seat on one of the furnishings.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm
"I have!" agrees Miela, sitting down in the offered seat. "I was having trouble coming into my own in this new place, but I think because of my adventure this past summer, I've settled in more completely."

She crosses one leg over the other, and folds her hands in her lap. "This summer I answered an ad about an expedition in the jungle. I've never been afraid of nature, so I decided it would be a good way to get to know our new homeland. It was led by a group of fairies, wee little things, and they guided us through the wilderness. I took cuttings of various plants along the way, and now I have my own little farm going. I expect it to start bearing fruit in the spring." She can't resist a little brag.

"The strangest part, though, was one morning I woke up, and I'd been separated from the group. But it wasn't like everyone had moved on without me. Oh no, it was much odder than that! I woke up in an entirely new place! Underground! It was some sort of throne room, and I'd been stranded with this odd person. He wasn't a fauny, or even a faun. I didn't see much of him, but he didn't appear to have any hair or fur at all! Naturally I got to exploring, and I discovered a few other rooms. It looked like I was in a castle underground. Some of the windows had caved in, and dirt had poured into the room. There was a temple-like room, and the instant I stepped over the threshold, I got the strangest vision..." she trails off a little here, remembering it.

"It was...strange winged beings. They were all concentrated in prayer, then something terrible must have happened, because they all fled the room. I was so confused, but I was determined to find out what happened. There were a couple relics there that I couldn't bear to leave, forgotten in time, so I took them. I've been trying to meet with the Lady Vanya to ask about them, but she's been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance."

"On the other hand," she continues, "I've been itching to return to the place where I found them, better prepared for a long expedition, and perhaps learn more." She pauses for a moment before looking meaningfully in Daring Do's direction. "I could use some company, if you're interested..."

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:12 pm
Menelie

"Yes... it has been different coming to this new place. A difficult adjustment for most." Daring agreed. Even now, she was having trouble writing a compelling story for lack of a clear villain in her most recent adventure. Daring listened to Miela's story about her own adventure, nodding her head and making sounds of interest at appropriate intervals. It surprised her that a member of the Apple family would be interested in an adventure, but then at the mention of starting a farm it made more sense.

"I have had a similar experience to you... although you will have to read my next book in order to find out what happened." Daring winked, it was a shameless plug no doubt, but she did not like to share too much of her writings before it was finished. Daring stroked her chin thoughtfully, "I'm afraid I don't know much about these strange occurrences, my knowledge of this island's history is small."

Ah, there it was. Daring was not opposed to the idea of working together with this pae to find out more information about these strange mysteries, perhaps she might find an ending to her book. Daring had once been adamant about working alone, but Rainbow Dash had been the first fauny to show her otherwise, and then Sunny Jones after her. "This sounds like a grand adventure!" Daring accepted. "Were you wanting to head out now, or do you need time to prepare?" Daring asked, as she looked over at her own backpack that was always packed and ready for adventure. All she really needed was her hat anyways.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm
Miela is a little surprised at how easy that had been, but she's not one to question a good thing. "Wonderful!" she exclaims, delighted. But the next question gives her pause. "I...I think I need a day or so to prepare...the last time I ventured out it was summer...I think I'll need a slightly different set of supplies for this cold weather."

---

The next day Miela shows up again at Darin's apartment. This time she's outfitted herself with cold weather clothing, a warm hat, a bedroll with extra blankets, some firestarters (which was really just scraps of parchment dipped in wax), a poncho to keep the rain off, a tin of lip balm to keep the wind from cracking her lips (also it smelled good), and a lot of the same supplies she'd returned with from her summer excursion. This time she's also brought food and water. And a map, for that matter.

"Ready when you are!" she exclaims when Daring opens the door.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:09 pm
Miela brought up a good point, with the weather being colder. Daring Do had been nice and bundled up and locked inside her home for most of the time it had been cold and the tree had good insulation. "Very well," she agreed. "Come back when you are ready, and I will be ready as well. As long as you come at a decent hour!" Daring joked. She trusted that Miela was a good adventurer as well, based on the story she had heard her recall that night.

Daring Do would have to do a little more preparation for the colder weather, although since she had that recent trip to the cold of the mountain she had all of the necessary gear, it just needed to be put back together again.

She had packed a wool blanket, matches, rope, and a pocket knife. All left over from her trip. She was also dressed slightly warmer then her usual attire. When she got the knock on the door, she quickly grabbed her hat and pack and was ready to go. "Yes, I am ready. Good to see you again Miela." With that she was ready to set out of the tree. "I will let you lead the way since you know where we are going."

Menelie

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:34 pm
"Great!" exclaims Miela. "It should only be a few days' trip to get there, since I brought a map this time." She grins. "I'm so glad to have a friend along!" she adds enthusiastically. Perhaps they would swap stories by the campfire. Not that Miela had many stories to tell...just the one. She'd mainly been a farmer since then.

--- [Gonna summarize a little bit because lol camping...feel free to also summarize Daring's side of things, I don't want you to feel left behind. <3]

The trip had taken...more than a few days, due to weather delays (they'd encountered at least one nasty rainstorm) and the map not being entirely to scale. All the same, though, Miela was in high spirits for the entire trip (even the rainstorm!) and kept the pace lively by chattering about the last time she'd come through here. Everything had looked different then, with the trees being full of foliage and the sounds of birds and other critters filling the air. With the cold of winter had come silence and barrenness to the forest. It was slightly uncomfortable for Miela, so she fills the space with her voice. She so wants to impress the famous adventurer with her tales, but she fears that her stories could never compare.

On the sixth day of their travels, they come to the place Miela had been heading for. It looks like an ordinary forest clearing, but it has a strange aura to it. "We're here," says Miela, looking around. "I'm sure of it."

She begins to search the ground, looking for the entrance tunnel to the underground palace area.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm
Oh a map! Daring Do smiled glad that the other was prepared since she really had no idea where they were going. She would have to ask to take a look at it later, but for now she was content with letting Miela lead.

Daring Do had certainly not expected the journey to take so long, she hadn't really known where the location was and perhaps it would have been better to find that out before she had begun to prepare for it. Even after she got a peek at the map, Daring didn't expect it to take as long as it did, but the weather...

Daring Do certainly was impressed by Miela's tales, more by her ability to talk as much as she did, but the explorer fauny didn't mind so much. She mostly listened and watched where they were going in case anything came up, but other then the weather delays, not much happened.

When they arrived Daring had to wonder where 'here' was, and how Miela knew it from the other clearings that seemed to be just like it. "Any idea what we are looking for?" Daring asked, searching the ground in the opposite direction of Miela looking for anything out of the ordinary.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:53 pm
"We are looking..." begins Miela, tapping the ground with her hoof, looking for any soft spots or hidden entrances, "for a tunnel to an...underground....palace." She frowns at the earth beneath her hooves. She'd...she'd really thought the hard part would be getting back here, not finding the entrance once again. It couldn't have moved, could it? And she's sure it was here...in this clearing.

"Augh, I should have left some sort of marker..." she grumbles, her spirits dampening quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:00 pm
A tunnel to an underground palace... something told Daring that it would probably be more obvious if it was just a tunnel. No secret, door-opening levers involved. Never-the-less, Daring Do kept looking, although less on her knee's feeling for a lever, and more stamping on the ground for a soft spot where an entrance might have been covered up with foliage, or even mud from the rain.

"You're certain this is the right spot?" Daring said, feeling uncertain herself. She didn't want to question her new friend, but it would be pretty cruddy to travel all the way here and not even be able to find this supposed place.

Not wanting to give up, Daring did a more thorough sweep of the area, working in one section of the area at a time, so that nothing was missed.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:12 pm
"I'm positive!" says Miela, continuing to frown. The earth is practically rock-hard from the cold, but there had to be a soft spot somewhere. She continues her sweep of the area, heading to the north end of the clearing.

She almost wants to cry. She'd been so excited to come here, and even more excited to show her new friend what she'd found during her summer adventure, and now it looked like it had all been for nothing! Miela falls silent, continuing to stamp the ground beneath her hooves, desperate for anything to point her in the right direction.

So focused on the ground immediately below her, she doesn't realize she'd passed under a very odd-looking tree until she almost kicks a large, leafy seed pod. She jumps back a little and, for the first time since reaching the clearing, looks up and around at her surroundings.

Miela's currently standing under a huge tree! She certainly didn't remember any trees like this on her last journey here. And surely she'd remember a tree so large and ethereal-looking as this one. Wouldn't she? Today had been a strange day so far....so the sudden appearance of a tree doesn't surprise her too much. She turns and looks for Daring Do, whose travels had taken her closer to another tree, at the south end of the clearing.

"Hey!" she calls, waving. "C'mere, I found something!"

If they couldn't find the entrance, at least they could still have some kind of story to tell with these odd-looking seeds. If they were even seeds...they're huge!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 pm
Menelie

Daring looked up from her search at Miela, her eyes full of sadness for the other fauny. Daring felt frustrated, and it wasn't even her own quest, she could imagine how Miela might feel. It wasn't like an entrance could just disappear, though... well it could... but then there had to be some sort of trick nearby... Daring resumed her search.

Daring's ears perked when Miela's tone changed to that of excitement and she ran over, "What is it?!" she called out. She didn't really notice the trees, even as Miela was standing next to one. They were near a forest, tree's were not something unusual.

Daring did notice the unusually large seed though, it made the tree catch her eye then. Daring reached out for the seed to pick it up, looking up at Miela as she leaned over. "Is this what you were looking at?"  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 pm
"Uh-huh!" exclaims Miela with a nod. She hadn't touched it yet out of a bit of nervousness, but if the seasoned adventurer had picked it up without hesitation, then it must be alright. "What do you suppose it is?" she asks, vaguely looking around to see if there's another one. "D'you think the tree dropped it? It's awfully large to be just a seed..."

She loops around to the back side of the tree and--aha! "Look, I found another one!" she says excitedly. She crouches down and picks it up, cradling it gently in her hands. "I wonder what they are..." she wonders aloud, peering up into the branches of the tree.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff