Yuan Gui was pretty obvious that he wanted Kozo for his mate and Kozo was pretty good at putting up with this on a platonic level. Over a few weeks the two had actually come to an understanding of friendship. Kozo was no longer chasing Yuan Gui off and Yuan Gui was no longer 'stalking' Kozo. Some times now it was Kozo that would seek out Yuan Gui. Some times.

Today the two shared the same day off and had decided to go investigate one of the many waterfalls in the pride. This one was more secluded and private. Yuan Gui carried a flank of a prey beast on his back. It was like a picnic sort of deal kinda.

There was a nice resting spot on top of a bolder where the two could sit or lay if they wished and not get splashed to much. It was hard not looking like your mane was a wet piece of work with all the mist every where all the time but it was another thing to get sprayed by water.

"Well this is nice," Kozo was licking her chops. The flank that Yuan Gui had carried had been delicious.

"Yeah. It is." Yuan Gui yawned. "I'm glad you're having a good time."

"How'd you get such a good cut of meat?" Kozo was licking her paw.

"You mean besides being a great hunter?" Yuan Gui flashed a smile.

"Yeaaaah. We both know you didn't go hunting any time recently. You'd have had to get it from the food stocks. How'd you get them to agree to share?" Kozo tilted her head.

"I ... borrowed it on good faith." This meant that Yuan Gui had 'stolen' the flank. Kozo frowned.

"You really just want to get kicked out of the pride don't you. Why would you steal? " She wanted to bury her head in the water right now. That had been stolen? Well she shouldn't have been surprised.

"Nah not stolen. I'll go hunting later and bring something better back. Just wanted to guarentee that there would be something nice to eat while we enjoy this view." Yuan Gui yawned again and laid on his side.

"You're a real piece of work Yuan." She sighed. Kozo couldn't be to mad at the guy. She really was starting to care about him, though she'd never admit to that. "Thanks for ... the thought I guess."

"Any thing for you Kozo," The lion continued to lay on his side. Something warm had his head jerk up though. There, beside him, Kozo laid snuggled up. Yuan had to stare for a long while to be sure he wasn't imagining this. Why was she?

"Kozo?" Yuan Gui's voice cracked at the end.

"Mmm... Just let me nap kay... You're warm." Kozo's eyes were closed. Yuan Gui stared for a second more to be sure he wasn't Imagining this. When it was clear that this was the real deal was when he also laid his head back down.

This was nice.