Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Land Of Video Games!

Back to Guilds

Roleplay as your favorite video game characters! 

Tags: Halo, Assasins creed, mortal kombat, legend of zelda, Portal 2 

Reply Reviews and Top Ten's ((OOC))
Voice's Top Ten Video Games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:54 am
Holy hell, will this be quite the difficult list to determine.

Though I don't have many games, or play a lot to be honest, there are still quite a few video games that I have played and will never be able to forget. Obviously this list will be very, very biased as it is opinion, and if you're not a huge fan of RPGs and games that can actually be influenced by player's choice well, this may not be the most ideal list for you then.

Also if you hate the Zelda franchise then you might want to leave as fast as you can.

Or Pokémon. Hehehe. Hey look autocorrect put the accent, how nice.

But yea, i'll try and make this list as nice as I can, and try my best to explain my choices.

Let's get on with this shall we.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:14 am
NUMBER 10

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Every Sonic Video Game

Because I know this isn't going to get a higher place, Sonic will have to be at number 10. I know this is more the entire franchise sort of thing but hey, it's pretty hard to really compare video games that are all generally the same. And another thing : Sonic games are just IMPOSSIBLE for me to beat. No matter how many hours I waste away doing insane levels, it just never seems like i'm getting anywhere. May it be the underwater zones in Sonic Rush or the gosh darn impossible pinball game in Sonic Heroes, I was never really able to get a decent way through the game.

Not even the CPU could get through these levels, and that should say something.

But, because I actually was able to beat the Hero storyline in Sonic Riders : Zero Gravity, I guess I can give it some credibility. Don't even get me started on the Babylon Riders storyline though.

Just.

Why even implement a single / multiple storyline (Because in Sonic Heroes, they made 4) if the only thing that really matters in the entire series is just giving our blue hedgehog protagonist what is probably the most epic concussion in the world? There's no reason for it, after all we know that it's always Dr. Eggman's fault. Or Robotnik? Whatever, they're the same guy in the end. It always confuses me when they call him both names though, can't they just stick to Eggman? Eh, oh well.

The storyline isn't bad but, ever since Shadow's solo game it's just not as great.

Goddamn how I've longed to play the rest of that game.

Cure selfish relatives and their desire to constantly change their gaming console, resulting in the loss of the best games yet!!!

Anyway, so yea. Basically because of the terrible headaches I get from playing the games and the 'meh' storylines, I give the entire Sonic franchise a a low 10, meaning the bottom of my list status. Probably a 4 out of 10 if ranked properly

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:30 am
NUMBER 9

Pokémon : Gold, Silver, Crsytal Series

Did I mention I grew up with Pokémon and it's probably the essence of my existence? No? I only mentioned Zelda? Well I lied. I've played the Pokémon franchise for much, much longer than any other and let me tell you, it is probably the most volatile one out there. The people are crazy, fun, insane, and well, Pokemaniacs. I am quite the fan as well, but not as much as a diehard as I was three years ago. I mean really, I have almost all of the Pokémon Center 6" plushies, which I must say are the best ones out there, and I got them because my parents were able to get a great deal before the website for it closed down. Sadly all of those plushies are in an attic hidden away now, but we're not here to talk about dolls now are we? Let's move on.

The reason why the Jhoto region is number 9 is because well, it didn't have that great of a storyline for me. Sure we got Lugia and Ho-Oh, Celebi and the three legendary...dogs? Cats? Hell if I know, but it just wasn't that appealing to me. I can't really remember it, the new Pokémon that came with it just weren't as memorable to me, and to be honest my grudge of loving the first games above all the rest was probably what drew me away from the story. I can't even remember if Jhoto had a TV series, and who was stalking Ash around then? Oh right, Misty and Brock...and then I think they got Tracy? Hell if I know. It just wasn't that great. Plus I feel like they could've done a lot more with Silver, who was probably the only character that really saved this spot for these games as he's the only character that had stole Pokémon that wasn't part of Team Rocket. Or well...I guess if you...count 'family ties'...heheh

Overall, these games with their not-as-memorable gameplay or story get a 5/10 for a half assed job at representing Pokémon.

Thankfully Heartgold and Soulsilver got the job done right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 am
NUMBER 8

Zelda : Oracle of Seasons

It's about time I start mentioning Zelda games, and what better way to start than with the first 2D one I played? Granted it was on a 3Ds, which I guess you can say is 'ironic', but hey, I only recently got addicted after finally picking up the wii controller and playing another one of my favorite games and finally deciding it was time to beat it. And that game shall be mentioned later on, so let's not ruin this now vuv.

Oracle of Seasons is very much like it's counterpart, Oracle of Ages, though there are very noticeable differences between the two games. For one, both take place in different worlds that aren't actually Hyrule which is probably the first time that was done in the franchise. There's no Hyrule field or Castle Town, and instead you must travel in what I personally believe is the most difficult to navigate world of Holodrum. It's called Labrynna in the other game, though i'm not sure why. And in this game, instead of having to save the princess initially, you're actually saving a dancer named Din and bringing peace not to Hyrule, but to the four seasons that govern the world. And obviously changing seasons is the main mechanic in this game rather than going through time like in OoA. Enough with the story though, back to explaining why this game gets an 8 on my list.

It's a great game, challenging puzzles, and fun little twists where you can accidentally run into a witch on occasion and get more items than you originally had and even go on a date with one of the more 'underground natives'. However the maps are much harder to navigate, the controls are rather frustrating when i'm trying to set my sword and end up wasting all the seeds I have, and the Deku tree isn't as great at giving you good directions once you get passed the third dungeon. Also I find it kind of stupid that you can only defeat those weird little green blobs while on Ricky. I can't tell you how frustrated I get when running around trying to jump over all these hole in the ground only to get knocked back in because one of them is in the way. Even on Ricky. Oh, and when they put the grass in front of the holes too. That was annoying. I would normally end up using the shovel to dig my way to full hearts, which I guess was a good way to make up for it since there was always that chance of finding 200 rupees hidden underground. I can't tell you how excited i'd get when finding these giant blocks of pixel on my screens. THERE BE GOLD IN THESE...PIXELS...YEA. The boss fights are great as well and, where the Deku Trees fail, there are thankfully little statues of wisdom just laying around occasionally where they will give you hints as to how to defeat the bosses. And the gale seeds are also a great touch at teleporting from one place to another with ease.

So in the end, OoS and probably OoA gets a decent 6/10 on my list. But don't worry, I'll make up for it later.

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:33 am
NUMBER 7

Trauma Center : Second Opinion

How can a game that probably barely anyone knows about end up on my list? A game based off of science and not mercilessly killing a countless number of either innocent or non-innocent creatures? Well simple, because science is awesome, and so is this game.

So throughout this game, you play the protagonist Derek Styles who was simply one of the best doctors at his local clinic and eventually gets accepted to join this organization called Caduceus which consists of the most amazing doctors across the world. It is here that a number of things occur to you, getting a hot new nurse aid named Angie and also discovering that the first biochemical war is starting due to this new disease called GUILT. It is tested on a number of victims, but mainly those who see no future for themselves and have low esteem and eventually receive some sort of letter. It's not hard to imagine how the letter could have given them the disease, and thus you must operate on a multitude of different strains of the disease.

There's too many to list, but each one is unique and usually end in a very frustrated gamer throwing her remote across the room halfway through the operation. I can't tell you how terrified I was of playing this game at first, simple because I was young and I still have this huge fear of blood. For some reason though the more terrifying party wasn't the clouds of pixels that clogged up my vision, but the mere panic of making sure the patient didn't die. A cool part about this whole 'patient dying' thing is that the game itself actually has a bad end if you fail to complete an operation. Granted you can go back and start over, the fact that it shows how much psychological damage this can do to a doctor is shocking; I mean really, never being seen again? Sure it's cliché, but it's enough to wake me back up and try harder.

The only reason why this gets a low score is because there's simply too much repetition in operations, the only fun and interesting things being when you have to use a defibrillator and kill this spider-like GUILT inside of the man who started it all. Oh, and a bomb is also one of your patients. There's a lot to be said about this mysterious man though, but i'll leave it to those interested to playing the game and figuring it out.

Overall, the game gets a 7.5 for great story gameplay but just generally boring operations after awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:02 am
NUMBER 6

Super Mario Galaxy & Luigi's Mansion

I guess Mario needs some recognition, and what better way than placing what I personally felt like was the best twist in the series in our almost there but not quite spot?

I was able to play Super Mario Galaxy in full, but unfortunately I can't say the same as previously mentioned relatives sort of cut my playing time short. Plus with me being my and parents not very into the concept of getting me video games, well the only choice I had was occasionally playing a game or two at my cousin's house. But for Luigi to finally get his own video game, granted he was terrified of everything the entire time rather than being stone faced like his brother, hey that's pretty cool. Kudos to you Nintendo. And let the Year of Luigi reign on! Guy needs some credit. However since I can't really remember much of the game since I was only what, 8 or so when playing it (I'm a young person, I know), there's not much else I can say here.

But still, Who you gonna call? LU-I-GI--

Ok you can shoot me now.

However I can say quite a lot about Super Mario Galaxy, considering I have played the entire game and can admit proudly that the only time I died was on the final world since it was absolutely ridiculous. Basically this game follows a very similar plot to other Mario games: You are Mario, you need to save the Princess, Bowser's back, back, back, back again. Though what's different is not only that a majority of the game takes place navigating through a 3D world of planets, but that there's another princess you need to save as her kingdom is also in ruins. And who is this princess? Well, Princess Rosalina. And I like that you don't just have to save Princess Peach or the Mushroom Kingdom and that there's a fun twist on this. Though the difficulty can't compare to the first Mario game I've ever played, Super Mario Brothers on the Gameboy, I can say that the storyline, as it's a reoccurring thing for me, is something much better than what i'm used to. I mean, it's much better than the vague "The princess is in another castle" line. I mean seriously, how many castles can exist in the Mario world? Obviously a lot!

So it is here that Mario and his brother receive a pretty decent 8 out of 10 status. Hey, at least they technically got a B! Much better than what i'll ever get in school

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 am
NUMBER 5

Time Splitters : Future Perfect

I actually had this for the Xbox, but this was the smallest image I could find. Moving on.

This has got to be the funniest, most creative game I've seen with such a serious initial tone. I mean yea, you always face the change of screwing up and dying like I have on countless occasions but, if I look back and play it again well, there was a lot more to laugh at than to be afraid of, even with the creepy moose boss in the beginning of the game. I'll never be able to live that down though. Honestly I took this game way more seriously than I should have in the beginning, not understanding the jokes and jabs or why my brother was the only one laughing when playing while I just wanted to leave or stop playing. I guess the phrase 'It's just a game' didn't mean much to me then.

But what is this game all about? Simple

You are Cortez, Cortez is you. It's time to split. o u o

Well that, and that the fact that you're basically going through time and meeting all these sterotypes and bad movie references and gags all the time, though all the while trying to prevent a very 'real' future from happening. Well, game-wise future. There's things like the stereotypical haunted mansion or the train fight while on the train and the guy swooping in on his helicopter or the Russian accents...and even monkeys! So...many...monkeys o - o ;; This was also probably the first game I ever played Xbox Live on for the fun capture point games or the infected mini game....Infected being the most terrifying as you're just waiting for the little ticks to increase in magnitude as you hide in probably the worse hiding places out there, but hey it's fun!

Overall, Time Splitters gets a good 8.5 for it's creativity, humor, and memorable moments for when it makes fun of history.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:38 am
NUMBER 4

Dragon Age : Origins

The only Dragon Age game I've played, and i'm quite thankful for that.

Now, if there's a Choose Your Own Storyline game that NEEDS to be on here, it's this game here. I had NO clue how much my choices could ever impact a game, but this one clearly shows that differences. I mean seriously, your own background and race affects how you're seen by others, but i'm not talking about the stereotypical Europeans vs. Everyone else. In this game, may you be Elf, Human, or Dwarvian, the way the companions you gain along the way treat you won't always be the same. I'm glad I had a friend that chose the Human and Knight class on my game, because I just couldn't get very far pass the Mage's storyline. So, if you're a beginner like me to the game and want to have probably the simplest gameplay, just be a human and be something simple. Mages have hell in their paths, and i'm not just joking around. Be a Dwarf or something, I'm pretty sure that even they get more respect.

Though I haven't even begun to explain the painstakingly long process of character creation, i'll leave it to those interested or those who have played to either figure out or know exactly what i'm talking about. I won't even get into detail about all the things that go on past becoming a part of the Order or whatever, as that is just way too insane. There can be so much that happens in such a small amount of time and, if you fail to pay attention to detail, well then you might get stuck running around in circles in a village for a very, very long time. Don't become the village idiot by button mashing like crazy and getting stuck. Trust me, I've been there, and if it wasn't for walkthroughs i'd probably still be stuck trying to find an urn. Thank you for the existence of Wikia.

In the end, Dragon Age gets an amazing 9/10, and i'm glad to say that we're finally cutting to the last three video games of my list. May this all end soon vuv

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points
Reviews and Top Ten's ((OOC))

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items