Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:04 pm
User Image

Life of a slave was fairly simple. Zalediti was not treated badly and for the most part she could go about her days just fine with out anyone sticking their nose in her business. Zalediti preferred to be private. She'd agreed to join in the pride because her sister and her nieces and nephews had taken root here so family was family.

The blue lioness had no opinion on the entangled drama that wrapped its way in to most pride goers lives. Not her life though. Zalediti had witnessed the fighting and arguing but she didn't care.

A middle of the road was where she was at.

The method in which power had been obtained through blood shed was something she'd paws down not agree with. There were many ways the whole ordeal could have been dealt with. Blood shed was not one of them.

These thoughts often wrapped it self around her head and she often wandered if there was really another way. Not that she cared. Well. Okay she cared a little. Still, she did not involve her self in such matters.

The lionesses mind often wandered when she lazed about. Maybe it was time to get back up and start doing something so she wouldn't have time to think about such things.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:31 pm
User Image

Tseva was going about life as normal. It wasn't as if the Mwezi'Johari was that different from the Jini-msemi. Well, this wasn't a swamp or a mountain (the latter a point in its favor, to be certain), but there were still mouths to feed which could only be done by hunting.

And if the lions around her weren't the ones she'd grown up with, and if she wasn't related to most of them...that wasn't such a big deal. In the latter case, her mate Avahk certainly was!

And true, there had been some big fuss just before Avahk left to find her, but as Tseva had scarcely known the pride under the old rulers, she didn't really have a valid opinion on the subject. Nor, to be frank, did she really care. This was home now because this was where Avahk lived. If the day came when he wanted to leave the Mwezi, well, Tseva would be right there by his side. She'd lost one home and given up a second already. What was a third compared to losing the lion she loved?

These were the thoughts running through the black lioness' head as she walked. Looking up, she saw another lioness, blue with stripes, who looked vaguely familiar in a "she must be another member of the pride" kind of way that so many lions that Tseva didn't know looked familiar.

"Good evening!" she called out to the other, drawing nearer.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:56 pm
A dark lioness drew closer to her. Zalediti turned her head in the lionesses direction and tilted it ever so slightly.

"Evening."

This lioness wasn't a face she really recognized. Possibly, she'd walked by or been in a large group with this lioness there but Zalediti didn't know. Maybe it was out of pure needing to say something. Zalediti didn't know, but the blue lioness just decided maybe she'd strike up a conversation.

"I don't believe I've seen you around. Are you new or something?"

Okay maybe she wasn't the best at conversations.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:25 pm
"Sort of!" the dark lioness replied with a smile. "I was here before, more than a year ago, but now I'm here to stay," she elaborated for the other lioness. Amazing, to think that she'd first come to the Mwezi more than a year ago. How time flew! And in that time, she'd survived a fire, raised a litter, and come back to what she was going to make her new home.

Tseva wasn't sure that she wanted to add more to that statement, sure, there were lions who were curious and interested about other prides, but she had no way of knowing if the blue female was one of them, and didn't want to offend the other.

Or maybe she was just shy, and a bit nervous.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:06 pm
((Sorry it took me so long to get this tagged! I had writers / plot block for all of friday and the boyfriend stole me away for the weekend. BUT I AM HERE NOW ))

"Wow really?" Zalediti had an amused smirk by this. " I came around then too. Funny we haven't really run in to each other til now."

Then again was it so funny? The classes of the pride did keep certain groups together and certain groups apart. By design there could be a ton of lions around that Zalediti never had the pleasure of formally meeting. But Zalediti didn't take note of that fact.

"My sister and her cubs live here so i figured. What they hay and joined. " Small talk wasn't really the lionesses thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:49 pm
"Oh, you have family here besides a mate?" Tseva was intrigued by the fact that the blue lioness had joined this pride in part because she already had relatives living here. The way she'd said it, the black lioness couldn't be certain if they'd all been born here or not. The children, probably. The sister...maybe not.

It was an interesting concept. She was fully aware that many Jini-msemi pilgrims chose not to return home, preferring to take up residence in a pride they encountered on their name quest. But she'd yet to meet any of those transient lions.

"I don't know where most of my family is anymore," she murmured, not to the other lioness, but still audibly, if someone was listening closely.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 pm
"M-mate?" Very clumbsily the lioness struggled with that word. She had no love interest or friends in this pride. That was aside from her family, Zalediti hadn't gone out of her way to invest any time in anyone. Her face read very clearly that she was confused by the subject of mate.

"How'd your figure I'd have one of those?"

Not that Zalediti didn't want a mate or anything. She was just , ah she didn't know. A mate would be nice. Males didn't give her a second glance as far as she could tell though. Zalediti would have loved to have cubs of her own. But she settled for her now grown nieces and nephews. Maybe she should look.. nah.

And then something caught her ear. She didn't know where her family was?

"Did something happen to make you separate ? " It was none of her business but Zalediti figured there was no harm in asking.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:12 pm
Tseva blinked in surprise at the other lioness. She didn't have a mate? It wasn't unheard of, sure, but if she didn't, why join a pride? Surely not just because of her sister, right?

"Well...why would you join a pride if you didn't have a mate already in it?" the black female asked, confusion clear in her voice. She couldn't imagine wanting to live apart from her family (meaning, of course, her parents, grandparents, etc.) if she didn't have some stronger bond holding her in place.

But Tseva had to smile at the blue female's confusion about her not knowing where her family was. It was, surprisingly, a common reaction she'd found on her quest. But apparently most prides didn't expect so much of their adolescents.

"Among my people, when a lion reaches adolescence, they are sent out into the world to find their true name. Sometimes they return, but oftentimes they don't, and unless if they send word or someone picks up news of them, we never know what happened to them," Tseva explained.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:17 pm
So it was common to join if you had a mate? Zalediti didn't get that.

"I joined to be near my sister in case she needed help with her cubs. A mate would be nice but I don't have to have one to join a pride." Though... a mate really would be nice. The lioness sighed. Honestly she had no idea why she was in this pride some times. A mate would have made more sense than her sister but Zalediti wasn't going to admit that out loud.

Instead, she listened to the other lioness and her story about her old prides traditions. Well it made sense why this lioness was apart from her family at least. The tradition sounded sad to Zalediti though.

"Well if you've found a place that makes you happy then... I suppose its all worth it?" Zalediti didn't know. "Did you come here to be with another lion?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:46 pm
Huh. So...she wanted to be a spinster aunt? Well, Tseva didn't mean to think of the other lioness in such a cruel light, but it was just weird to join a pride in order to help as your sister's nanny. It was her private opinion that the blue lioness needed to get a life, and maybe a mate, of her own.

The black lioness snorted softly. A happy place? Well, there were positives to living in the Mwezi, but the happiest place in her life would always be the swamp. But that wasn't an option anymore.

"Yes, I came back to live with my beloved, Avahk," she answered. Tseva considered adding in that he was the father of her children, but that seemed unnecessary, especially as they had been raised on the mountain, left on the name quests, and had never met their father once.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:13 am
The snort didn't go unnoticed. Zalediti's ears went back a little unsure why the lioness snorted. But she didn't ask.

"Oh well that is nice." Maybe Zalediti was a tad bit jealous but she'd never admit to that. Instead, she just meekly smiled. On the inside she felt like her insides had been replaced by needles. The lioness wanted to bolt away all of a sudden feeling quite small for what ever reason. Zalediti by no means was small as she was a lioness.

"Sorry... Uh I should get going." Her ears stayed flat on her head. The lioness backed away. Was this anxiety all of a sudden? Did she feel that stupid for not having a mate? Maybe.

"Sorry again. Uh. Nice talking to you." Zalediti turned her back with out asking or giving her name. Getting far away from this place so she could breath seemed to be number one. This was so unlike Zalediti. Usually the female didn't care. Why now?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:43 pm
Brown eyes blinked in suprirse at the blue lioness' sudden and unexpected departure. Had Tseva offended her? She hadn't meant to...

"Goodbye!" she called out after the other female, still trying to figure out what she'd done wrong. Had she reacted wrongly to something the other had said? Had she inadvertantly said something cruel?

The Huntress continued on the path she'd been walking earlier, musing over what had gone wrong all the way back to her den.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces